test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Everyone complaining about imbalances in pvp as well as the DEVS

Comments

• fadedlogicfadedlogic Member Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    no offence buddy but you're full of ****, I been playing countless pvp matches as a GF and is full of ****. you sir are full of ****.

We don't have "tons of defense" we just have a bit more hp than your average class. I cannot even 1v1 a rouge that comes take my control if he is life steal build, I will be dead in 10 seconds and if there is a CW helping I will be dead in 5 or less.

Seriously, before you try to make post such as this try to play every ****ing class in the game.

i have all 5 characters and my lowest lvl is a lvl 30 rogue

can you plz read b4 u troll my post
    edited May 2013
    not raging here, just calling you bull.

It's stupid to claim that anything specially a game in beta perfectly balanced.

And as I've said, you're just proving the point that the GWF is extremely gimped if your "perfect" style of playing it is by using it like a "courier". definitely what the designers wanted the class's role to be, naming it GREAT WEAPON FIGHTER.

again. bull$h1t

its not perfect i agree. its still in beta for a reason.

im just pointing out that there is a perfectly viable way to play the game right now. might not be intended but gwf's are viable if played that way. maybe its not the way you wanted to play though.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fadedlogic wrote: »
    i have all 5 characters and my lowest lvl is a lvl 30 rogue

can you plz read b4 u troll my post

troll? I have the best gear for lvl 60, all gemmed R7 and played GF PVP more than anything else in this game I know what I am talking about and you're full of **** and you know it, you're just mad I am calling you out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If u ask me....Before 60, all opinions should be jut plain ignored.

At 60 u will see suddenly how everything balances out.

Clerics become VERY hard to kill with astro shield. Need to be really "special" or have a "special" team...to be owned as a cleric after 60.

The gwf becomes essential in killing said clerics because they got that SUPERPUSH move and also very good point holders. With their push u away then rush to you and keep you down combo.

GF becomes good. they can take more hits and also quite efficient killers with that GROWBIGGER move.

CW.....I dunno how u guys have been able to relatively avoid the "OMGPLZNERF" spotlight^^ But really...i don't think i need to tell you how one cw can hold a point against ANY 2 melees....UNLESS one has the rogue daily charged up.

Rogue....come on...be honest...not SO OP.....Rogue with full action point bar and ability to do daily...kill you no doubt....ONCE untill his action bar grows again...without the daily......theres no opness...and the daily can be done what? 3 times a match? 4? you complain...cos your the same guy/girl getting killed all the 4 times...speaking as a TR...i can tell u why...cos i personally and i'm sure many others like me....save the daily for YOU CLERIC...with ya astarl shield...we need to take you down FAST..or we lose the match....cos with your shield up...NOONE else is going down.
    If it not cleric...it'll be CW ...why? cos after cleric...your the most important to kill....your pushes,your control, your fast killing ability...ALSO don't forget....thats YOU being killed 4 times..IF theres only ONE rogue..if theres 2?3, multiply accordingly...if you rolled a cleric or CW...SO SORRY..That is the way of it in 60 pvp...you are the TOP PRIORITY to be killed.....IT MAKES SENSE FOOLS-__- Nothing to do with BALANCE...just GOOD tactic and sense.

So really......i've PLAYED the game since level 1...no exploit to lvl faster...no afk pvp...PLAYED.
    I notice that in pvp...it changes as the level goes by....

MY OPINION. Pvp wise.

lvl 10-20: Cw rules

Lvl 20-30: Cw+rogue rules

Lvl 30-40: Still CW+rogues rule.

Lvl 40-50: Cw+rogue main killers. GWF becomes noticeable for their ability to SOLO hold points long enough for his team to gank other points.

Lvl 50-59: Every screams about clerics and how they can't die.

Lvl 60: FINALLY every class has something to bring to the table. Every class can kill every other class. There is balance.

So please mods/devs/boss...whoever is reading this...don't be swayed by these fools...i'm sure u tested enough to know when it all balances out...and it is indeed BALANCED. Ignore and carry on.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

Clerics become VERY hard to kill with astro shield. Need to be really "special" or have a "special" team...to be owned as a cleric after 60.

The gwf becomes essential in killing said clerics because they got that SUPERPUSH move and also very good point holders. With their push u away then rush to you and keep you down combo.

GF becomes good. they can take more hits and also quite efficient killers with that GROWBIGGER move.

CW.....I dunno how u guys have been able to relatively avoid the "OMGPLZNERF" spotlight^^ But really...i don't think i need to tell you how one cw can hold a point against ANY 2 melees....UNLESS one has the rogue daily charged up.

Rogue....come on...be honest...not SO OP.....Rogue with full action point bar and ability to do daily...kill you no doubt....ONCE untill his action bar grows again...without the daily......theres no opness...and the daily can be done what? 3 times a match? 4? you complain...cos your the same guy/girl getting killed all the 4 times...speaking as a TR...i can tell u why...cos i personally and i'm sure many others like me....save the daily for YOU CLERIC...with ya astarl shield...we need to take you down FAST..or we lose the match....cos with your shield up...NOONE else is going down.
    If it not cleric...it'll be CW ...why? cos after cleric...your the most important to kill....your pushes,your control, your fast killing ability...ALSO don't forget....thats YOU being killed 4 times..IF theres only ONE rogue..if theres 2?3, multiply accordingly...if you rolled a cleric or CW...SO SORRY..That is the way of it in 60 pvp...you are the TOP PRIORITY to be killed.....IT MAKES SENSE FOOLS-__- Nothing to do with BALANCE...just GOOD tactic and sense.

So really......i've PLAYED the game since level 1...no exploit to lvl faster...no afk pvp...PLAYED.

MY OPINION. Pvp wise.

Lvl 40-50: Cw+rogue main killers. GWF becomes noticeable for their ability to SOLO hold points long enough for his team to gank other points.

Lvl 60: FINALLY every class has something to bring to the table. Every class can kill every other class. There is balance.

So please mods/devs/boss...whoever is reading this...don't be swayed by these fools...i'm sure u tested enough to know when it all balances out...and it is indeed BALANCED. Ignore and carry on.

See you're looking at PvP. From everything I've heard (all from the forums) GWF is very weak in PvE. I won't know for myself until I start leveling mine up.
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    See you're looking at PvP. From everything I've heard (all from the forums) GWF is very weak in PvE. I won't know for myself until I start leveling mine up.

Yes my friend. The thread says "imbalances in pvp" so i'm writing about pvp.
    PVE wise...i can't comment, cos i played my tr only. PVE wise...TR kinda not needed...they just are a bonus to down stuff faster...not NEEDED. I got 9.3k gs...but believe u me...if a cleric wants in a party...i gonna get dropped like yesterdays garbage^^
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My fault for not reading the title >_<
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    If you won every 1on1 with your GWF,then you only fought morons. So gratulations to your draw-luck.
    Oh, and its not because I think GWF is underpowered, its because I can guarantee to kill you before you can respond with TR and CW. Thats a simple fact.
    edited May 2013
    troll? I have the best gear for lvl 60, all gemmed R7 and played GF PVP more than anything else in this game I know what I am talking about and you're full of **** and you know it, you're just mad I am calling you out.

not really. i was actually really srs but okay bro =) lol
    edited May 2013
    devlinne wrote: »

MY OPINION. Pvp wise.

^ exactly what I'm talkin about
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    If you won every 1on1 with your GWF,then you only fought morons. So gratulations to your draw-luck.
    Oh, and its not because I think GWF is underpowered, its because I can guarantee to kill you before you can respond with TR and CW. Thats a simple fact.

see i really dont have that problem. in both situations im immune and break free from your ccs and then get on top of you and beat you down with my dps and life steal. and if i get super low or in a 2v1 situation i run away. and you cant catch me again cuz of immunity to ccs
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no offence buddy but you're full of ****, I been playing countless pvp matches as a GF and is full of ****. you sir are full of ****.

We don't have "tons of defense" we just have a bit more hp than your average class. I cannot even 1v1 a rouge that comes take my control if he is life steal build, I will be dead in 10 seconds and if there is a CW helping I will be dead in 5 or less.

Seriously, before you try to make post such as this try to play every ****ing class in the game.

Learn to block before you rage.

Also your goal isn't usually to kill, it's to defend.

You can very easily hold your own against a rogue and a CW if you wisely keep them in front of you. Not for very long, I admit. But again, killing isn't the goal in that situation.

For example, if there's a tough team fight going on at mid, i might peel off and go cap the enemy's home node.

Guess who comes to stop me?

The only two classes who effectively can.

They might kill me, but I've bought the time needed to take the lead and get a nice cushiony lead.

We don't have tons of defense, but we have enough to do the job.

Provided you block.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bingobongojrbingobongojr Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    they just need to scale dmg down when it comes to pvp. And disable mounts in pvp. And allow people to join after we kick macroers out. Ah and cc is out of hands, it needs dr.

But other than that, yea theres no reason to complain really.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they just need to scale dmg down when it comes to pvp. And disable mounts in pvp. And allow people to join after we kick macroers out. Ah and cc is out of hands, it needs dr.

But other than that, yea theres no reason to complain really.

i've been wondering what kind of advantage mounts actually give in PvP.

There's only the two maps thus far (to my knowledge).

The middle point is right THERE.

I have the guardian pack so my mount is about as fast as you can get and i get to the node maybe one or two seconds before the other guys but that doesn't matter simply because the other team may simply have better skill and push me and my guys off with ease.

Same thing with roaming.

I may mount up and cap the enemy's home node but I still have to actually CAP it. Plenty of time for someone to come stop me, regardless of their mount.

After that it's just a matter of whether or not they play better than me, which a mount doesn't factor into.

I really don't think they offer an advantage of any kind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013

If this game was based in a 1v1 standpoint and this game was neverwinter duels online then it would make sense.

Its not. .. I love the GWF as is and if they buff me it'll be crazy
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    see i really dont have that problem. in both situations im immune and break free from your ccs and then get on top of you and beat you down with my dps and life steal. and if i get super low or in a 2v1 situation i run away. and you cant catch me again cuz of immunity to ccs

If you break free you will never catch me. CW is on max range and TR just vanishes. Since there is no graceperiod for CCs I just wait a few moments and start the attack again, this time for you without immunity.
    With TR thats not necessary most of the time, since a GWF often dies at the opening-act before he can fire his first attackseries.
    edited May 2013
    oreoz2573 wrote: »
    Learn to block before you rage.

Also your goal isn't usually to kill, it's to defend.

You can very easily hold your own against a rogue and a CW if you wisely keep them in front of you. Not for very long, I admit. But again, killing isn't the goal in that situation.

For example, if there's a tough team fight going on at mid, i might peel off and go cap the enemy's home node.

Guess who comes to stop me?

The only two classes who effectively can.

They might kill me, but I've bought the time needed to take the lead and get a nice cushiony lead.

We don't have tons of defense, but we have enough to do the job.

Provided you block.

see! finally someone that understands what I'm talkin about. everyone here is so focused on oh its pvp i need to kill kill kill. no youre wrong. its about making plays to ensure your team gets victory. that means its about utilizing your class in the most effective way possible
    edited May 2013

I have the guardian pack so my mount is about as fast as you can get and i get to the node maybe one or two seconds before the other guys but that doesn't matter simply because the other team may simply have better skill and push me and my guys off with ease.

Same thing with roaming.

I may mount up and cap the enemy's home node but I still have to actually CAP it. Plenty of time for someone to come stop me, regardless of their mount.

After that it's just a matter of whether or not they play better than me, which a mount doesn't factor into.

completely agree on this as well. as i said earlier mounts do not effect combat. and if your team is effectively holding bases, then mounts dont do anything except get you to the base maybe a couple seconds quicker
    edited May 2013
    uvirith1 wrote: »
    If you break free you will never catch me. CW is on max range and TR just vanishes. Since there is no graceperiod for CCs I just wait a few moments and start the attack again, this time for you without immunity.
    With TR thats not necessary most of the time, since a GWF often dies at the opening-act before he can fire his first attackseries.

honestly and this is from my experiences playing with my gwf, i get my break free immunity to cc 2 to three times against a rogue if i use them optimally. that means 3 times i break out of your cc, and the third time is so i can run away and u cant catch me, while i get a potion
  • badatmathbadatmath Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The main thing people talk about with this is not really defined enough.
    Alot of them talk about the scaling of the character in lower levels.

TR, is strong as hell in PVP at all levers. (not just low levels)
    CW, is not as strong but it can teleport to move and can still hit fairly well. (in low levels)
    DC, is pretty weak and heals are bad. (in low levels)
    GF, is not very tanky and damage is weak. (in low levels)
    GWF, is very weak at low levels and takes alot of damage. (in low levels)

This is more about how the class scales compared to others, not about how it performs once reaching max level, because the max level requires some time spent into the character for it to perform really well.

Also alot of players don't really know much about their own class, and don't know how to play it well yet, this is probably why you see so many people asking for a free respec at 60, which is think is a good idea for a BETA.

So it comes down to scaling and how people learn the game and their class and how well they can play it.
    (not to mention cope with rubberbanding)

I find it difficult to think that this is a BETA but all the LIVE restrictions apply.
  • dcronusdcronus Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    • Cleric - From what I've heard, the community feels that clerics are balanced. I feel that this is a result of the fact that clerics do mediocre damage, can focus on sustaining people, and sustain themselves making them tanky.

Clearly you haven't spoken to the cleric community

Sustain themselves with a permanent debuff (by game design) that reduces all heals on yourself by -40%...?

Stopped reading from this point on... =\
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Same thing with roaming.

Rank 1 via Giddy Up! Quest Reward - Increases movement speed by 50%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 3 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 10% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.
    Rank 2 via [Mount Training II] - Increases movement speed by 80%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 4 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 12% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.
    Rank 3 via [Mount Training III] - Increases movement speed by 110%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 5 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 15% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.

T3 mounts are a huge advantage in pvp.

You can move to cap the points faster.

The team can move to defend points faster.

You can escape much faster.

You can catch targets much faster.

You are more likely to stay on your horse while taking damage.

There are just so many ways that moving faster is better than moving slower in pvp.
  • czeslawczadczeslawczad Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    Objectives for classes
    • Rogue- Everyone is saying that the rogue is overpowered right now because he does way to much single target damage. What people aren't realizing is that was what the rogue is DESIGNED to do. The rogue is the attack damage carry of neverwinter. In a team fight situation, the rogues job is to focus priority targets such as the opposing teams rogue or control wizard. The rogue should bounce back and forth between their domination point and middle taking out targets as it goes. And that right there is exactly why people think rogues are overpowered right now in pvp. Because in a chaotic situation with no coordination, it's a glass cannon winning 1v1 situations over and over.

Rogue is designed to do situational damage. I'm a Control Wizard and I've been killed by rogues (sure, they were well equipped, but I'm all purple too and I'm not all power/crit, I have a lot of defence/deflect as well) in under 2 seconds in the freaking face. I've been hit by rogues for as much as 25-30.000 damage again IN THE FACE. While doing that they were damage and debuff immune. They also have the most CC in game (disables that last 5 seconds).
    • Control Wizard- Another class that everyone feels is overpowered. Their reasoning is because of the amount of survivability the control wizard has coupled with his damage potential and crowd control. But again look at the big picture. The control wizard is your magic damage carry of neverwinter. With the potential to do aoe crowd controls and damage, as well as decent single target burst damage, the control wizard is perfect for taking out high priority targets such as the opposing rogue/ control wizard. The control wizard also has the potential lead teams through fights by prioritizing targets with its spells. Like the rogue, the control wizard should be bouncing between their domination point and middle, taking out targets as it goes.

Control Wizard has no CC compared to rogues or tanks. Please take a look at the skills. We have a slow, which is easilly countered by teleports, jumps and alike, we also have a stun, which we need to build up first (causing slow) casting (being unable to move) for 2 seconds. We have a lift, which lasts around 2-4s depending on the build. We also have a 1s stun on our basic nuke. We can also freeze our target, but that requires 6 stacks of chill, which builds up (doing ****ty damage in the meantime) for 6-8 seconds. Control Wizard is actually a ranged DPS not a disabler (in PvP). The best disable (steal time) is unusable against anyone with a brain due to long cast time, insanely short range and obvious animation (yes, you can dodge it even if you stay in range).
    • Guardian Fighter- The tank. Another class that the community seems to be saying is balanced. As a guardian fighter in pvp, your main role is to hold objectives. Guardian fighters with their immense defense can stay contesting an objective for a long time. That makes them ideal for holding mid. They can sit mid while their team is wiping and wait for them to come back all the while just contesting the objective. Also as a guardian fighter, you can peel rogues or slayers off your carries, or help to stunlock the mage all the while holding your objective. In a 1v1 situation, the guardian fighter is actually pretty strong, and as I said earlier can sustain against its enemy while waiting for its teammates to come assist. Since its mostly a defensive class, that's what it should prioritize. DEFENSE. Mid as a top priority holding it while your teammates bounce between your base and mid.

Guardian fighters are there to do damage and AoE CC. I've been hit by tanks for as much as 17-18.000 damage from their charge skill. They can keep me disabled for 6-8 seconds using chain CC combos (knockdowns, knockback + knockdowns), which is easily enough to finish me off if I don't dodge the first skill and if at least one of them crits. They are also able to block every debuff, regardless whether it's a nuke, a ray or just an effect without any animation whatsoever, which is kind of funny.

Summary: There's too much damage. Dailies do too much damage. I can go up to 30.000 on the knife oneshotting everyone. A single rotation (lift + ray + strike + steal time) can kill someone if it crits keeping them disabled half of the time. Rogues can oneshot people running around invisible, immune to damage and debuffs, which is plain wrong. A CWs defence against a rogue should be good use of CC skills and trying to maintain distance, which is impossible against someone immune to debuffs. Same rule applies for GWFs.

Btw. I lost 4 games so far. Out of maybe 60-80 games I played. In 3 cases we played 3vs5. It's not a rant, I enjoy PvP a lot, but it does get kind of frustrating if you go full to null disabled the entire time by one enemy or you get oneshot by someone's daily.

Regards,
    Kalantris
    edited May 2013
    pregnable wrote: »
    Rank 1 via Giddy Up! Quest Reward - Increases movement speed by 50%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 3 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 10% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.
    Rank 2 via [Mount Training II] - Increases movement speed by 80%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 4 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 12% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.
    Rank 3 via [Mount Training III] - Increases movement speed by 110%. PC is dismounted if they suffer 5 hits in 5 seconds, or lose 15% or more of their hitpoints in a single attack.

T3 mounts are a huge advantage in pvp.

You can move to cap the points faster.

The team can move to defend points faster.

You can escape much faster.

You can catch targets much faster.

You are more likely to stay on your horse while taking damage.

There are just so many ways that moving faster is better than moving slower in pvp.

But it has nothing to with combat though.

Noone is just gonna sit on their horse and let people wail on them and if they escape on it, congratulations! You just defended the node they were sitting on.

Still don't see the advantage.
    They just don't work as negatively in PvP as everyone claims they do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Just wait till warlocks release
  • pregnablepregnable Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But it has nothing to with combat though.

Noone is just gonna sit on their horse and let people wail on them and if they escape on it, congratulations! You just defended the node they were sitting on.

Still don't see the advantage.
    They just don't work as negatively in PvP as everyone claims they do.

It does have to do with combat, because you can use it to move in and out of combat faster.

If you have 2 equally skilled teams fighting, the team with faster mounts should win.

The speed difference is enough that a faster team can afford to move in larger numbers to defend a point with enough time to come back to another point before it is capped.

I have seen people with faster mounts steal potions from slower players because of the speed advantage.

The pvp is not deathmatch, it is just about capping points and keeping more of them yours for longer.

I mean you could have a team with fast mounts and push skills just cap points and die and still win.
  • hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Hahaha ... I don't know if i must laugh or cry with this post.. Seriously this must be the
    Number 1 troll thread of all times... Tell me dear friend in what universe can a rogue/thief/ assassin
    One shot heavy armor bearers ? Tell me in what world can a rogue do more damage with his normal
    Attacks (holding a dagger) than a warrior holding a blade that weights 25 kilos and is 2 meters long?
    Anyway in every logical universe rogues do situational dmg by backstabing and they are a hit and run
    Kind of class .. By saying that a heavy armor class needs to run like a chicken to be valiable then your whole point is a big <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>**** ..

this game is clearly not balanced in any way, nor in pvp or in pve . I play a GWF and i have 9.1 gs and i go down like a
    Naked princess .. Ive seen GF s with 9.3gs dying to a rogue in under 5 seconds ...what balance r u talking about?
    The heavy front line of the battlefield is dropped down too soon too fast.. No team gonna miss a GWF or a GF so there is something wrong
    Going on here don't u think? I don't care for an answer i just can't bear to read bull**** like these in forums.
  • usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    You cannot stop people from complaining because it's our nature. We see something sucks or not meet our demand, we complain.

There is a reason why you see a lot of complains in PvP imbalanced, you know, because it's imbalanced :)
    If one or two complained, you would ignore because it's minority. But then if it's majority, then you need to look back to see why is that.

For example, I stop complaining about GWF a long time ago because I find that kind of unnecessary - other people are already doing that for me :). I'll just sit here and wait if there are any changes coming up. Meanwhile, I just roll another class and stop being frustrated because if this class is not fit for my demand -> I move on, find something that I feel like it.

I just hope that they won't nerf TR so much before I reach my to max lvl and feel OP :P But then, I still have my 60 GWF and can go back anytime if I see there is something good coming up with it.

My advice, play more than 1 class to feel the differences. You can focus on your fav class but don't let it frustrates your mood. You're suppose to have fun, to be in-game, not here complaining and being sad all the time. Good luck
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's no war paper could beat rock, rock would crash through paper!!!
  • arendhelarendhel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree with the OP instead of complaining about the balance (which can be improved of course), learn how to play the pvp mode.. kills are not everything in neverwinter's pvp... most of the time I find my self running from point to point trying to capture them alone since the other players doesn't seem to care about it and are more focused on killing eachother :S