What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why wipe the open beta?

1235»

Comments

• jim1771jim1771 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mustgofart wrote: »
    Wow did during vanilla and Eve has also due to some exploits (I can't say they did this everytime but I do recall instances over the years both did).

Yes however if you wipe everytime someone exploits the game you will lose your playerbase. As for the claim of exploits I haven't seen any issues yet. Just hearing a few whiners on the forums. Now if PWE made the Epics and Rares BoP we would hear even more whineing because they don't want BoP gear. It is a lose/lose situation. All I can say is if you can prove someone is exploiting then report them and be done with it. Crying about it here will change nothing. The fact is there will always be exploiters ask Blizzard since you brougt up WoW, heck even ask CCP the devs for EVE. A wipe will change nothing and the people who ask for it just look foolish thinking it will. Just like hackers there will always be exploiters.
  • foundrymakerfoundrymaker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 253 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I could care less if they wipe all the characters, as long as my foundry status remains and I don't have to go through getting to level 15 again...
  • spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't exploited anything and if they did a wipe and wiped out all my time spent in the game, I'm not sure I would come back.

I don't care what people did other than me.

There is one thing that people seem to care about in these threads that bugs the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of me... who the hell cares if someone leveled to 60 in 1 day or 1 hour, wtf does that matter to anyone else? Cited as one of the reasons to wipe is just stupid, your going to wipe my characters I spent massive amount of time on because someone else got there first? go jump off a cliff!
  • spodeanspodean Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What WoW and EVE did were rollbacks of a few hours and yes they sucked bad and everyone hated it.

Your talking a rollback of 2 weeks, which will not happen or should not happen. Everyone will leave I almost guarantee it.

No way will I be punished because of others.

The economy will fix itself it always does. All the items generated by exploits will be bought up, these people in turn will probably quit for lack of anything to do within a couple weeks if not sooner. Therefore the exploited items wont even be in the game anymore.
  • scooby609scooby609 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have no issue with a wipe at the end of Beta ... as long as they refund all the Zen I have spent in Neverwinter during Beta
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • solidxgoldsolidxgold Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yup I'm in favour of a wipe, lets start from fresh with the game when it's released properly.
  • oreoz2573oreoz2573 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They rage before they think and they think before they have knowledge.

The ONLY reason this is still a topic of discussion is because people keep bringing it up.

The exploit is fixed.
    The economy will recover as it always does when these things happen.
    People will forget and move on.

Let the issue die like it's supposed to.
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • clcmercyclcmercy Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 308 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    Really? Because when I do dailies, I get 5k from doing the three types (3000, 1000, 1000). Praying gets me about 200-1000 per day. That's far short of 15-24k. Am I just getting insanely unlucky with invocations, then? Because none of my 5 characters have ever managed to make 12-20k from invocation in a day. Is there some secret method I should be using to make 12k from invoking? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly curious. Because what I get per day seems to be VERY far behind what you say should be "reasonably accomplished in a couple hours".

This right here. Plus, when you hit 30 and above, the amount of missions you need to do for the AD doubles. Two Foundry. Two PvP. Two skirmishes. Two dungeon runs. I'm sorry, but that takes a lot longer than just 2-3 hours as well. Doubles your time.

I'm fairly certain that the mission requirement keeps increasing. I "heard" someone say in zone that at 60, you need four PvP matches to earn your AD.....and I'm also fairly certain that the game doesn't give you any more AD for doing more missions. You're stuck with 3000, 1000, 1000 and I think you get 2000 for daily dungeon runs. That's 7k, plus praying which nets me about 2k before praying doesn't do anything except give me some random bonus to my stats. So 9k a day. Max. All that I can earn at the moment.

Occam's Razor makes the cutting clean.