test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why wipe the open beta?

Comments

• Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All I know is this talk of wipes has screwed up the AH big time on Dragon no one is buying, they should have the courtesy to tell us one way or the other soon.

Nobody is buying because everyone either was an exploiter, or already bought their cheap epics thanks to the market being flooded by people who reset and farmed Epic Bosses during dungeon events to also get Chest Loot every time they killed the boss.

People were getting like 15 epics an hour, and this went on for days.
  • Options
    kromzorkromzor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shaudius wrote: »
    The amount of AD generated this way is likely very small.

In other words you don't know.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    kromzor wrote: »
    In other words you don't know.

And you do know? If you do know, please tell us how much AD was generated this way because I'd personally love to know. Otherwise, don't point out something pointless unless you have a better idea yourself.
  • Options
    ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    All I know is this talk of wipes has screwed up the AH big time on Dragon no one is buying, they should have the courtesy to tell us one way or the other soon.

They told you before open beta started that there would be no wipes after it began. There's your courtesy. Now that you know a wipe isn't going to happen you can live life and be merry.
  • Options
    mictacmictac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think people better stop now and conform a little to the game welcome to PWE either enjoy the game or well there the door dont let it hit you on the way out. The game wont change much in the way it operates because its a PWE buisness model that has worked wonders for them for many years now and the sour pusses will not make them up and wipe and revamp a entire game.
  • Options
    vaaso189vaaso189 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    glannigan wrote: »
    People are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and consumed with what everyone else is doing instead of doing their own thing and enjoying themselves. Nothing is getting wiped. Everything is totally cool and people are having fun playing the game.

the every1 you are referring to is an extremely small minority of jaded, bitter, angry MMO'ers that will <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and moan and sour on any little thing they can. It's what they do & who they are.

This. It's amusing to see them try their best to turn the tide ^^
    He said my story was cool. And he called me bro.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mictac wrote: »
    I think people better stop now and conform a little to the game welcome to PWE either enjoy the game or well there the door dont let it hit you on the way out. The game wont change much in the way it operates because its a PWE buisness model that has worked wonders for them for many years now and the sour pusses will not make them up and wipe and revamp a entire game.

Hahah "worked wonders for them".. O'RLLY? You mind sharing a copy of there business ledger, you know, since its confidential and internal?

If they made all this money in the past why did they need to rush this game out the door then? DERP.
  • Options
    glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    bellylint wrote: »
    I see your are invading another thread with your exploit/cheating supporting <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> again. Already established that you are prolly one of those people that found ways to exploit the system because I don't see anyone that can support cheating otherwise.

There's no doubt there is a strong case of a wipe, this game will be so corrupted otherwise it'll break in a few weeks when and IF it ever launches officially.

Ummm..I am level 41 and I have never used the Auction House. I have never used an Auction House in any game nor have I ever even crafted a single thing. The only gear I have are blues I bought off an NPC at level 35.

Even if I did know of a way to exploit the system I am far too lazy to do it.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who said that people had to use the auction house ever?
    The game runs without people having to use the auction house.
    If the auction house was removed people would be trying to trade by spamming chat which they still do.
    Trading will always exist and nothing will ever stop that.

Exploiting even exists IRL try to patch that one.
  • Options
    pwiratgirlpwiratgirl Member Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    You are only invoking once?

You can invoke three times in a day and get EXP/RAD, after that it just gives you a buff.

I have seen anywhere from 300 to 1.3k (double weekend I believe)

Invocation testing during lunch. Should be each character's second invocation of the day (since I did it this morning before work).

Guardian Fighter (36th): 2400 exp, 500 AD, blessing
    Cleric (35th): Blessing, potion of +crit
    Rogue (24th): Blessing, 150 AD
    Wizard (27th): Blessing
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pwiratgirl wrote: »
    Invocation testing during lunch. Should be each character's second invocation of the day (since I did it this morning before work).

Guardian Fighter (36th): 2400 exp, 500 AD, blessing
    Cleric (35th): Blessing, potion of +crit
    Rogue (24th): Blessing, 150 AD
    Wizard (27th): Blessing
    That's the low end of my averages as well. There does seem to be some randomness to it with diminishing returns with how many times you've done it that day.
  • Options
    zolimoszolimos Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow are you clueless. Speak for yourself kid.

He speaks for me and everyone I play with, too....
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, I will be DEMANDING my $200 back and will report to the BBB with their telling everyone that there would be no wipes after April 25th.

No MMORPG goes live without exploits...and anyone saying there should be a wipe because of XP exploits is a FOOL because you can get to level 60 in 2 days WITHOUT exploiting.
  • Options
    pboar2006pboar2006 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 421 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If they wipe, I will be DEMANDING my $200 back and will report to the BBB with their telling everyone that there would be no wipes after April 25th.

No MMORPG goes live without exploits...and anyone saying there should be a wipe because of XP exploits is a FOOL because you can get to level 60 in 2 days WITHOUT exploiting.

No one with any real world knowledge takes the BBB seriously anymore by the way.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    pboar2006 wrote: »
    No one with any real world knowledge takes the BBB seriously anymore by the way.

umm absolutely incorrect. completely incorrect. I've filed several grievances with the BBB and gotten my way. Albeit, never a gaming company.. yet, but BBB certainly does work.. and works well.

Don't speak on what you don't know. You probably never even heard of the BBB until someone posted it in some gaming forum somewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    umm absolutely incorrect. completely incorrect. I've filed several grievances with the BBB and gotten my way. Albeit, never a gaming company.. yet, but BBB certainly does work.. and works well.

Don't speak on what you don't know. You probably never even heard of the BBB until someone posted it in some gaming forum somewhere.

Actually no I do follow the news

http://www.katu.com/news/local/108197969.html
    http://jan.blog.ocregister.com/tag/bbbroundup-com/
    http://survivalacres.com/bbb3.html

Time to read up son.
  • Options
    isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So Katu, a blog and a cheap food website are now THE place to go for the truth on major issues...son, I am disappoint.
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't need to wipe anything.

Just make a new shard upon launch - people who don't want to play with cheaters can reroll there.
    Almost every open beta I ever played had new shards on launch day.

Although, since this isn't really a beta, is more of a soft launch with tons of fail and bugs, I'm not holding my breath...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So Katu, a blog and a cheap food website are now THE place to go for the truth on major issues...son, I am disappoint.

KATU.com - Portland News ...What?
  • Options
    tormeantedtormeanted Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ever play real D&D?
    Ever see that loser whose parents are siblings take a pencil to his ability scores and artificially jack them up?
    Then they make the argument, dude, how does it hurt you? Come on? Tell me.

My solution then is my solution now. F it. I'm out...

New shard please. Otherwise Rift goes f2p soon too....
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    tormeanted wrote: »
    Ever play real D&D?
    Ever see that loser whose parents are siblings take a pencil to his ability scores and artificially jack them up?
    Then they make the argument, dude, how does it hurt you? Come on? Tell me.

My solution then is my solution now. F it. I'm out...

New shard please. Otherwise Rift goes f2p soon too....

Its already been stated multiple times that there are no plans right now for more shards. The 3 current shards will be merged together when everything is setup for it.

If you want to play Rift then go ahead and wait til next month and play it.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Ummm a bunch of unfounded articles with absolutely no merit.. oh no I'm cringing little kid. Please stop. It hurts.

Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Besides why read useless articles from no-name "journalists" when I KNOW EMPIRICALLY FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THE BBB WORKS.

- I got a full refund on a $450 all-in-one printer from HP as a result of a BBB complaint
    - I got $600 in repairs to a Livestrong treadmill done under warranty after a BBB complaint
    - I got full reimbursement for a Disney cruise gone terribad as a result of a BBB complaint

Oh sniggy sniggy snap. But I'm gonna ignore my real life lessons and listen to some random tool hiding under the blanket of internet anonymity who's opinion I put absolutely zero value in.

That's the problem now days with unparented children who's only social outlet is MMO's and their forums.

/doublefacepalm
  • Options
    solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Every1 is complaining that we need to wipe from all the exploits in the game

Wow, I just dusted myself off from one thread about this and another springs up like a dandelion in my back yard!

Please don't speak for others (you may speak for "some"), not everyone is demanding a wipe or give a Rats Tail about the exploits
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ummm a bunch of unfounded articles with absolutely no merit.. oh no I'm cringing little kid. Please stop. It hurts.

Mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Besides why read useless articles from no-name "journalists" when I KNOW EMPIRICALLY FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE THE BBB WORKS.

- I got a full refund on a $450 all-in-one printer from HP as a result of a BBB complaint
    - I got $600 in repairs to a Livestrong treadmill done under warranty after a BBB complaint
    - I got full reimbursement for a Disney cruise gone terribad as a result of a BBB complaint

Oh sniggy sniggy snap. But I'm gonna ignore my real life lessons and listen to some random tool hiding under the blanket of internet anonymity who's opinion I put absolutely zero value in.

That's the problem now days with unparented children who's only social outlet is MMO's and their forums.

/doublefacepalm

Your right ABC News is such a no name news outlet. No one even watches it right?

Im glad that you were able to get things done with the BBB. Congrats.
    Still having the ability to pay to get a better score on the BBB site is what forced them to lose all credibility with me and many others over the past 3 years.

But you continue on with your little belittling rampage that you have taken up against me. Kind of surprising since you dont care about me at all, except to try and use the "blanket of internet anonymity" to try and make me feel bad.

Have a nice day and carry on.

And now to get back on topic:
    sominator wrote: »
    No character wipes! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Your right ABC News is such a no name news outlet. No one even watches it right?

Im glad that you were able to get things done with the BBB. Congrats.
    Still having the ability to pay to get a better score on the BBB site is what forced them to lose all credibility with me and many others over the past 3 years.

But you continue on with your little belittling rampage that you have taken up against me. Kind of surprising since you dont care about me at all, except to try and use the "blanket of internet anonymity" to try and make me feel bad.

Have a nice day and carry on.

And now to get back on topic:

Oh now you change your tune? Bwhahahaha man kids these days.

By the way, are you calling ABC news a reputable news outfit. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. OMG STOP MAN YOUR KILLING ME.

keep trying the reverse psychology ploy.. its quit humorous.. My co-workers and I are starting to get quite the laugh out of this... Good stuff man, good stuff.

Love forum trolls filled with rage.. nothing funnier.. I wish someone would start a website and compile threads like these into one easy to browse medium. Man that would be hella funny.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh now you change your tune? Bwhahahaha man kids these days.

By the way, are you calling ABC news a reputable news outfit. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. OMG STOP MAN YOUR KILLING ME.

keep trying the reverse psychology ploy.. its quit humorous.. My co-workers and I are starting to get quite the laugh out of this... Good stuff man, good stuff.

Love forum trolls filled with rage.. nothing funnier.. I wish someone would start a website and compile threads like these into one easy to browse medium. Man that would be hella funny.

Your assumptions that I am filled with rage brings a smile to my face. Thanks for the enjoyment. This off topic chatter has gone on long enough though.
  • Options
    bori4bori4 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2013
    Are tinfoil hats made by smiths or tailors ? :D

If a small percentage of people cheated they should be banned. Noone else should be punished.
    We don't burn down our cities because someone may have bought a house with stolen money - we just send that person to jail.
    Bori - Renegade Drow - 40 Trickster Rogue - Mindflayer
    Elocin - Renegade Drow - 39 Devoted Cleric of Selune - Mindflayer

Looking for some Dust of Forum Troll Disappearance
    ? Sprinkle this on any troll to phase shift them out of your plane of existence. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Your assumptions that I am filled with rage brings a smile to my face. Thanks for the enjoyment. This off topic chatter has gone on long enough though.

Now he's trying to play the okie doke.

Good stuff, good stuff.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Point of the pro-wipers is moot
    sominator wrote: »
    No character wipes! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    charononus wrote: »
    Point of the pro-wipers is moot

Yup Im glad we could get some solid proof now that wipes wont be happening.