test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gamebreaking GWF bug with Unstoppable

Comments

• sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited July 2013
    Interesting.

I did a hell of a lot of PvP this weekend with my GWF on her way to 60 and I got CC'd many times at the same time as I hit the Unstoppable button. The result was that I was hit by the CC (Unstoppable was uneffective) and Determination started depleting like it does when Unstoppable is activated. But I died, resurrected and it was usable again.

Can anyone confirm the bug is still around or was this how they "fixed" it?
  • nicholssupremenicholssupreme Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Happened to me just a minute ago in PVP, I've never felt so useless. I was just dying the entire round.
  • eorizzoeorizzo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    This just happened to me, twice, in PvE leveling of all things. THIS NEEDS FIXING ASAP, DEVS. DO YOU HEAR ME???? This is total horse shizzle -- unstoppable is literally the only thing that makes this class playable, and it's broken.
  • evo404evo404 Member Posts: 49
    edited August 2013
    First time I've done a dungeon in over a week and whattaya know?! Unstoppable breaks when we are killing the final boss! I was the only DPS on the boss and I literally could not do any damage to the boss without unstoppable, so we were essentially stopped in our tracks with no way to kill the boss. Luckily, when I inevitably died, I was able to get a res and Unstoppable started working again and we finished the boss. Usually it does NOT work again after getting ressed.

This bug is the main reason why I don't play this game much lately and will very soon be the reason I stop playing it altogether. What a complete embarrassment that such a gamebreaking bug has not been fixed yet.
  • shawceyshawcey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Just got stomped on pvp after destroying everyone and anyone with this stupid Unstopable bug, i don't know how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> someone has to be not to realize this RENDERS THE ****ING CLASS USELESS. I mean, we already bear with the constant Dc's and bull****. Now i have to be a freaking npc over the rest of my pvp matches thanks to this.

Edit: Yes, this is a ****ing rage post, i dare anyone to get this bug in the middle of the owning and not to get mad at it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    evo404 wrote: »
    Usually it does NOT work again after getting ressed.

Question: When you say reviving after death doesn't usually fix it, is that occurring in PvP? Because I'm under the impression that the reason for that is PvP deaths, being consequence-free, don't really reset you the same way.

When I encountered this bug while soloing PvE, letting the ogre I was fighting kill me fixed it, and I was able to prevent recurrence with careful timing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • pooklove1pooklove1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Yeah please fix this, this bug has been present for some time.
  • pooklove1pooklove1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Question: When you say reviving after death doesn't usually fix it, is that occurring in PvP? Because I'm under the impression that the reason for that is PvP deaths, being consequence-free, don't really reset you the same way.

When I encountered this bug while soloing PvE, letting the ogre I was fighting kill me fixed it, and I was able to prevent recurrence with careful timing.

No I've had pvp matches where it would last through the remaining part of the match, and not correct itself until I left the game... I just thought my key stopped working. lol
  • ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2013
    cragmire crypt run, tab is broken, had to alt-F4 to get it to work again, after todays patch.........still.
  • d1gitalhyped1gitalhype Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I've experienced this on 2 or 3 occasions, since starting my GWF.
    edited August 2013

I've seen a couple suggestions on how to fix it (they didn't seem to work for me with any consistency) with out logging out but 80-90% of the time it requires relogging to fix. In pvp or pve you can die and do just about anything and it will not fix it. Sometimes it just starts working again, like it did for me after I died and got ressed.
  • morphykarumorphykaru Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I went through a stretch where my unstoppable would break frequently. I have to wonder if it is only certain dungeons. Now that I'm playing only a handful of Epic dungeons I haven't had it happen and thought they must have fixed it. It is a fatal bug to GWF's. I don't recall it ever happening in GG.

If I play my unstoppable and encounters right I hold my own in most 1:1 PvP battles. There is an attack out there that drops me with a single hit though. It happens so fast I'm down and dead before I can see where it came from or who did it.
  • nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This should be bumped up on a daily basis.
    Bump!
  • rathma86rathma86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 80
    edited August 2013
    Heh, Bump... cause the devs still haven't sorted it
  • falc0niusfalc0nius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Happened to me for the first ime last night in the middle of an Epic dungeon boss fight, not exactly ideal.
  • mbllanes199mbllanes199 Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 429
    edited August 2013
    When this happen to me, i let the determination Bar go 0, then it will start to work again, you just have to stand idle for awhile not to attack and not take damage, took around est. 30secs. to fully release the determination then you're good to go.
  • gluthongluthon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    how can they ignore this bug ??????????? i have it from start of beta, this is so unprofessional.
  • sominatorsominator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the heads-up, y'all! We're taking a look at this issue.
    Proud member of Team Fencebane, official guild of the unofficial Neverwinter Adventure Hour!
  • nocrustnocrust Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Same for me too , fail to TAB ...It's like trying to hold back an erection when u are ready to *** . Fcking unprofessional
  • basse1984basse1984 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    sominator wrote: »

i write hee for the first time i died many times because of that bug.. sometimes its a life safer out of bad situations..

why the hell does it take so long for you people to respond and where are the fix???????? such Things should be fixed ASAP.......
    edited August 2013
    Another patch is coming out and still the developers are either incompetent or don't really care about this bug which has been known to exist for months.
    We only recently received a conformation that this is being looked at...I find this response to be insulting as a player - it is too little and definitely too late.
    edited August 2013
    at least 2 more patches since...
    22 August and 26 August.
    Guess what they haven't fixed yet???

6 pages of people complaining in this thread alone and dozens more similar threads.
    Are the developers still "looking into this"? Did they stop? Did they give up?
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If the GWF is controlled midway into the Unstoppable animation, they become unable to use Unstoppable until they move to a new area/relaunch, which is gamebreaking when it comes to PvP, gimping the class of it's most important ability.

:O
    /10 char
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
    edited August 2013

LOL! You're kidding right? This isn't a heads up... people have been screaming for a fix in countless threads since the very beginning of the game. And only now you are acting like you just discovered this, as the titles says, and in every sense of the word, gamebreaking bug? Like others said, it is very insulting to say the least.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    evo404 wrote: »
    LOL! You're kidding right? This isn't a heads up... people have been screaming for a fix in countless threads since the very beginning of the game. And only now you are acting like you just discovered this, as the titles says, and in every sense of the word, gamebreaking bug? Like others said, it is very insulting to say the least.

come on, man. how about the other "problems" that people "scream" about that require some investigation? i mean... do YOU know how to fix this? of course you don't. issues like this take time to fix. they first have to figure out what is happening and considering that it's happened to me maybe a total of 3-4 times since may, i'd say that it might be hard to pin-point. maybe it happens a lot to other people. i don't know. but what i do know is that impatience and disrespect won't get you very far. it's not insulting that your typical gamer doesn't know or doesn't care what goes into troubleshooting an issue like this, but patience and understanding does go a long way. and it's not insulting for the devs to acknowledge what has been reported here. the devs and the company have it in their best interest to look into and correct issues like this, but as with any company the priority list is long.
  • joebaejoebae Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 40
    edited August 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »
    come on, man. how about the other "problems" that people "scream" about that require some investigation? i mean... do YOU know how to fix this? of course you don't. issues like this take time to fix. they first have to figure out what is happening and considering that it's happened to me maybe a total of 3-4 times since may, i'd say that it might be hard to pin-point. maybe it happens a lot to other people. i don't know. but what i do know is that impatience and disrespect won't get you very far. it's not insulting that your typical gamer doesn't know or doesn't care what goes into troubleshooting an issue like this, but patience and understanding does go a long way. and it's not insulting for the devs to acknowledge what has been reported here. the devs and the company have it in their best interest to look into and correct issues like this, but as with any company the priority list is long.

Sorry to burst your bubble, issues like this are rather easy to fix if you know your way around in the code.
  • sevrinheadzsevrinheadz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Had this issue a few nights back doing Dread Vault. Haven't had it for a while...but maybe that's because I've been playing a cleric and a CW instead. This seems to only happen when I'm in the middle of a big fight and I mash the Tab button because Unstoppable appears to not trigger and lag was the fault. Only way out of this is to let damage meter drop to zero or KO. I had to KO on DV end boss because there was little bitty damage all the time and wouldn't let my determination meter drop to zero.
  • wondraswondras Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    You dont even have to "fix" it, just give players a way how to "debug" it without switching maps (forced reload or reset of the skill)
    edited September 2013
    melodywhr wrote: »

You are so naive. This game's support/development is garbage, any game company or dev team worth their salt would not launch a game with such an extreme gameplay bug (and yes, there are plenty of others but this is the worst one I've seen personally). Yet here we are, months after "launch". What a joke... I and others have been plenty patient for so many months that any grace period has long passed. For some reason you seem to think it's normal for a company to not have fixed a gamebreaking bug after 4+ months and months of closed beta...

What's actually insulting here is the virtual non-response by anyone from PW about this issue that has been around and brought up since the start of the game. Then one comes in here and acts like this is some new found bug that we are all just learning about. Sorry but THAT is insulting.

I really don't care about any of it at this point because I'm done with this game. This incredibly infuriating bug in particular and the dev team's response to it (or lack thereof) is the main reason for that. But it makes me feel better to let them know why I'm not playing their game anymore. It's simply unacceptable. If you have any standards, that is...
  • vallivvalliv Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    *in case the dev's don't know about this bugg* "sarcasm"
    B][U]Bump[/U][/B