test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

6 Hours in, still muted for trying to merch items.

13»

Comments

• Options
    ashkedawnashkedawn Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voodoopapa wrote: »
    I report spam all the time if the person is copy pasting and ..literally spamming

WHERE DO I FIND THE MAILBOX!!

within seconds. deserved.

Yep I agree. Constantly using CAPS should also get a report as well. if people use chat properly there would not be a problem, spamming, caps, trades, gold spamming, hate speech....all get reported.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ashrox10 wrote: »
    Just to add, I was in Protectors Enclave where 90% of the Zone chat is people trading. I don't know why people would single me out to report if literally the majority of Zone chat is Buying and Selling. However, I was unaware of this 'Trade' chat.

You have no idea that you were "singled out". Why assume that? You aren't special. A lot of people get silenced, and some of them maybe just because they beat someone in PvP and the loser had people in his guild put him on ignore.

And just because you didn't have multiple posts in the same window doesn't mean that you were not spamming.
    If it took 5 seconds for your first post to disappear, then you were repeating your message every 5 seconds. That is spamming.

Trade channel is there. If enough sellers use it then the buyers will go there to look.

If you insist on trying to sell stuff in general, then you should maybe get used to being silenced.
  • Options
    qioxqiox Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'they are afraid someone may miss their important sales/trades' - No. That isn't the reason people trade in Zone. With ANY form of advertising you try to appeal to the mass audience. Thus, the simplest way to do so is mass advertise. Now, if a game gives you a channel with 1000 people and a channel with 20, it's common sense to go to the biggest one, giving you a higher chance of a sale.

Those 1000 people who are not in the trade channel are there because THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU.

So yes, you are being a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by ignoring what they want and just assuming what you want is more important.
  • Options
    zalintozalinto Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clcmercy wrote: »
    Okay. Cryptic's wonderful players-police-themselves chat system works like this:

If someone /report spams you....it puts a demerit on you. Get five or more demerits with this feature, and you'll be silenced for 24 hours.

If someone /ignores you...it puts a demerit on you. These take more, and nobody's sure exactly how many, but catch enough people /ignoring you and you'll get silenced for 24 hours.

And this is the very same chat system for all three of Cryptic's games. Working as intended and so deeply imbedded into the chat system that it cannot be changed without a total rework of all three games chat.

Welcome to Cryptic games. Enjoy your stay, however brief or long it may be.

Nice, I'm going to make a troll guild and we are going to mute everyone lulz! Just kidding, but, I could, that's a problem isn't it? (and I do have 4 siblings that play the game, so this is very possible, VERY POSSIBLE >=D )

qiox wrote: »
    Those 1000 people who are not in the trade channel are there because THEY DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOU.

So yes, you are being a total <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> by ignoring what they want and just assuming what you want is more important.

Not necessarily, I'm a level 60 rogue, didn't even really know there was a trade channel. Never looked :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xantris wrote: »
    It's fine, it's the lesser of two evils. It has worked perfectly fine for years in their other games.

I can only assume that you've never actually PLAYED any of those games. Because I have. A lot. And the system does not work "Fine" by any stretch of the word. You still get the hoards of Trolls and Sales Spam. You just get some of the most fun conversations nuked by Griefers, the Market manipulated, and player run Events attacked.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    srazysrazy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ashkedawn wrote: »
    I report for gold spammers, anyone sending out the same message 3 or more times in a row, inappropriate language (racist etc), inappropriate names (again derogatory or inflammatory)

Reported for reporting!!!! ( sorry couldnt help)
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    zalinto wrote: »
    Not necessarily, I'm a level 60 rogue, didn't even really know there was a trade channel. Never looked :P

There isn't one by default. You have to know one exists and you need to manually join it since it's player created, not a channel created by Cryptic.
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok.

So, I gathered some things from this thread and the majority state that I should trade in the trade channel. Ok then. Please tell me how I go about doing this as there is no official trade channel. Now, if you're saying I should trade in a CUSTOM channel, then shouldn't people LFG go to a CUSTOM channel, people asking questions should go to a CUSTOM help channel. Why is trading so different that LFG spam? It's all going to the same people.

What's acceptable in 'Zone' isn't defined and thus this is my main point of the threat. Not was I or wasn't I spamming. WHAT goes in 'Zone' and WHAT doesn't.
    Vuxadin@Kaelangx on Mindflayer.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A) the auto ban lasts for 24 hours.

B) if you where trying to buy/sell in the zone chat you are going to get reported and ignored both of which will trigger the auto ban. The trade channel is there for buying and selling which is why people feel no compunction about not reporting and ignoring people buying and selling in the zone chat.

What they should do is add a trade tab by default that way peeps would be more inclined to use it. Personally I try and avoid zone chat period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok.

So, I gathered some things from this thread and the majority state that I should trade in the trade channel. Ok then. Please tell me how I go about doing this as there is no official trade channel. Now, if you're saying I should trade in a CUSTOM channel, then shouldn't people LFG go to a CUSTOM channel, people asking questions should go to a CUSTOM help channel. Why is trading so different that LFG spam? It's all going to the same people.

What's acceptable in 'Zone' isn't defined and thus this is my main point of the threat. Not was I or wasn't I spamming. WHAT goes in 'Zone' and WHAT doesn't.

All of these things exist. And many people think you should use them EXCLUSIVELY, leaving Zone Chat free for, well, Chatting. I would like to see them all used more and advertised in-game more, but I also dislike the enforced "purity" of that particular vision of Zone Chat. If people want to use them because it makes buying and selling/Looking For Group/Frequently Asked Questions more effective, then awesome. But not banning people who use Zone for things you personally don't like (extreme behaviour excepted, of course).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    ashrox10ashrox10 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    All of these things exist. And many people think you should use them EXCLUSIVELY, leaving Zone Chat free for, well, Chatting. I would like to see them all used more and advertised in-game more, but I also dislike the enforced "purity" of that particular vision of Zone Chat. If people want to use them because it makes buying and selling/Looking For Group/Frequently Asked Questions more effective, then awesome. But not banning people who use Zone for things you personally don't like (extreme behaviour excepted, of course).

This is my point, primarily.

They should be used, yes. But they aren't, and they aren't advertised officially as routes to take if you want to achieve a certain goal, be it advertising for a guild, looking for a group or trading. Therefore, if people don't know any different and put it in Zone chat, along with the masses, why should they be susceptible for 24 hour mutes because people 'dislike' what they see.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Until such time that there is a dev-created and enforced trade-specific channel, people will use whatever channels give them the most exposure - no "special snowflake" syndrome required.

Which is why I (and many others) strongly support the current ban/mute model. After being banned/muted a few times "common sense" would tell the seller to take their sales pitch elsewhere...
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    lomax6996 wrote: »
    Which is why I (and many others) strongly support the current ban/mute model. After being banned/muted a few times "common sense" would tell the seller to take their sales pitch elsewhere...

The amount of hypocrisy within these types of statements is astounding. After 5 minutes sat in the custom channel 'trade' there was not a single message in the channel. You're trying to tell me when you try and sell your gear you only put it in 'trade'?

Please.
    PvE Enthusiast.
    mbre6g.jpg
  • Options
    ikagawaikagawa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 106
    edited May 2013
    lomax6996 wrote: »

Common sense would tell them to stop playing a game when following its own guidelines lead to punishment by an abusive and moronic player base.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wanna know how to put an end to all of this? Create official Trade, Guild Recruitment, and LFG channels. Park a GM in Protector's Enclave and make it undeniably clear that posting into the wrong chat channel can get you silenced. Have the tutorial inform players of what channels they should use, and this issue will quickly get squashed.

However, since Cryptic's track record demonstrates that they won't do any of this, these sort of arguments will continue, and innocent people will get turned off to the game via a bad player-modding-player system.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    . . . . . You will need to contact Support to discuss any Account Infractions as we cannot offer support for Account and Billing issues. There is no need for this thread to continue as it is. Questions have been answered and now it's ending up like these threads always do, and that is with the trolling and personal insulting of other users, directly and indirectly.
This discussion has been closed.