What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down? 11 May 1223

Comments

• Options
    relekrelek Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Okay so I managed to fix the IE pop up issue by running the launcher on admin.
    See if that works for anyone else that has that IE issue.

Yeah, running in Admin got the game to open for me. Nice find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *Actual screenshot taken in game.

IGN: Relek
    Server: Lost City

PVE Is for Cowards b:surrender
    PVP is for the Cool people b:cool
  • Options
    kristingravekristingrave Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Awesome. :D
    GasMaskSmall-1.png
    Lift me up..
    Panda@kristingrave - CW - Dragon
    Death@healxyou - DC - Dragon
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gerlis wrote: »
    LOL ain't that the truth.... and considering i would put money that this MMO is running on windows servers, that makes it even harder to debug anything since windows is such an unstable, memory leak prone operating system to begin with.

Actually the servers are more than likely running a custom OS designed to run the game and diagnose issues and nothing else. You don't want precious runtime taken up with unnecessary processes with a game this size.
    grumpdogg wrote: »
    According to their Twitter feed, it was another hardware issue. So all the donkeys screaming "OPEN BETA" (ie: Software issue) will shhh up hopefully.

Newsflash! Beta's are done to test hardware as well as software!
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Things are up an running now. You may see an error or odd issue with the launcher - keep trying! The game servers are up and running. See you in game. Thanks for being so patient during our downtime during Open Beta.
  • Options
    capelcapel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    servers crashed for me again
  • Options
    devmyrdevmyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems they are down again?
  • Options
    cmpinpointerrorcmpinpointerror Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 646
    edited May 2013
    Update 2: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA 1 hour (3:15 PDT Pacific) for next update.
  • Options
    vonkaufmannvonkaufmann Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yep, can't connect to the login server.
  • Options
    yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is fun LOL log in log out log in log out still think we need a card game on the forum to pass all the down time LOL
  • Options
    viechyviechy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't even log to patch luncher...
    It crashes all time I try to do it..
  • Options
    capelcapel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Update 2: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA 1 hour (3:15 PDT Pacific) for next update.

thank you very much you guys are doing a great job especially keeping us informed:)
  • Options
    gamerbeeggamerbeeg Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    got any 3's ?
  • Options
    darkang31darkang31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    server may be up, but now the launcher is crashing
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    the server is fully down right now for work they broked it LOL
  • Options
    lukestonehm1lukestonehm1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    justaparog wrote: »
    Glad someone read through my wall of text. :) Same here, I just logged back in. Literally, the launcher won't connect if it doesn't launch the first time. The "1991" page is nothing but unformated HTML; Some of you guys might see it in IE instead. Just enter your password and press enter.

If you get through, then sweet, wait for the patcher to finish loading and play. If you don't WAIT A MINUTE and relaunch the launcher after closing it. Don't spam the thing, or you'll be the reason nothing loads. Dead serious, don't be part of the enormous amount of people who are flooding the patch/login servers by constantly relaunching / F5 etc.

+100 wisdom granted ;)

This is what they get for using .NET technology.

I must say this to the devs. WHY THE F***ED ARE YOU USING .NET FOR THE LAUNCHER!!!!!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.. Of all the lame <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> M$ has created, the .net framework is the buggiest. Even Adobe air is more stable. It's bringing up IE 1st run privacy bullsh!t. THAT SHOULD BE A RED FLAG. Seriously, be brave, and make the launcher in Qt or something. Please. Even Python or Java. Just not this .net...
  • Options
    bori08bori08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What i love about PW, They jump right there and then to fix stuff , they don't wait a week like other mmos. Keep up the great work. :)
  • Options
    caeradwincaeradwin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's been for three hours now that i can't load the game: when i run the launcher it keeps saying that "it can't connect to the patch server", does anyone know what it is?
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When everything becomes an "emergency" it is a sure sign that you suck and are doing something VERY wrong.
  • Options
    holokastholokast Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it might have been me last time server crashed I was searching for corsair bracer or something on AH.
    Will check when I get back in and the search was still there so decided to try again, did say in zone chat was going to do what i was doing before server crashed and that if it crashes again it was me.

Did not think it would really happen :-S
  • Options
    redbaronbgredbaronbg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    testing my local time
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you know the janitor should not be trying to clean server towers with windex if just is not a good thing. I know that the servers are old and covered in dust but that does not help the issue
  • Options
    anner6742anner6742 Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2013
    Oh well, this gives me a chance to try The Secret World...I've been meaning to try it for a while.
  • Options
    caymaz16caymaz16 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Everyone,

From the official Neverwinter Twitter Feed (@Neverwintergame):

Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame now

UPDATE: We need to perform emergency network maintenance. ETA downtime: 1 hour. Stay here and we'll update you with new details. That was about 10 mins ago.
  • Options
    blhugheswinblhugheswin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    one error I noticed on the web site was a cert that expired, that can cause catastrophic failure across all components.
  • Options
    zp2kzp2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GREAT JOB PW!!

Way to stay on top of bugs during the beta... dont mind the n00bs who do not understand what a BETA is.
    fs_overall.png
  • Options
    cabagefiltercabagefilter Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fite me irl cryptic, pls, i haven't worked in two weeks for you, i'm sick of saturdays being a day i get pooped on d:
  • Options
    nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ah bummer 15 mins into the next dungeon delve, it starts at 3pst, come on you guys can do it, 3pm :) already got booted from the 11 am one

extend the AD weekend one more day please :) or how many ever days we have these issues

thanks guys gl
  • Options
    solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    RMT means beta it long gone. Don't drink the marketing department kool aid ****...
  • Options
    aceofgamesaceofgames Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's a possession!
  • Options
    banquettobanquetto Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zp2k wrote: »
    GREAT JOB PW!!

Way to stay on top of bugs during the beta... dont mind the n00bs who do not understand what a BETA is.

Agreed 100%!!

It's really important to do a thorough beta and get all the problems and bugs ironed out before you launch a game and start taking money from paying customers!

Wait, what's that you say..?
This discussion has been closed.