test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server down? 11 May 1223

Comments

• solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zeremisttt wrote: »
    This game is in Beta.

Stop drinking the marketing department kool aid. RMT = paid for content which is live. We aren't in beta anymore Toto.
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Love the games and think the devs are trying to stay on top of things but...

...am I the only one resisting the urge to jokingly call the game just 'Never Online'? :D
  • nymbylnymbyl Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    venttos wrote: »
    My group of gaming friends is big, like 30 ppl, and they all started to play Neverwinter and loved. The saddest part is that everyone got tired of constant crashes and problems in game and after today almost everyone said "I quit, gonna find another game". I realized that a lot of ppl are thinking the same thing, cause of the abusives prices (cmon, 15 euros to respec? you guys serius?), the bad servers support, etc. The game is great, but the company behind it is greedy and doesn't seems to show any respect for the players. Its ok if they shut it down completely, get their s#@! together, and realize that players wanna feel wanted, not abused. Unlike my friends, I'll still hang on to the game, but if stuff like those I mentioned continues to happen, Im gonna find another game, and get back here maybe in a year or so (if the game's still running).

Forgive me for this, but any chance I could get any of their stuff from one or more of the 30 people quitting from the downtime issue today? :)
  • loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidor80 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HOlOUfWCCE

listen some music until server's up!!

Nice one ;)
  • mindofsilencemindofsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    To all the people with their panties in a twist: this game is in BETA. It is not finished and bug-free, and you should have acknowledged that crashes and errors would be common when you agreed to play the BETA. :/
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    solyad1 wrote: »
    All this stability <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> should have been figured out in the latter stages of their testing. They are quickly beginning to look incapable of handling a successful game. **** shame, the game is 100% awesome...
    "latter stage" of testing.
    You mean like the beta stage where they open the servers to everyone in order to stress test with higher player numbers?

You can poke and inspect and run simulations, but when finding holes in the game, nothing substitutes for having thousands of players crawl all over it.
  • loucid101loucid101 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    solidor80 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HOlOUfWCCE

listen some music until server's up!!

Nice one ;)

Double post soz
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    synfoola wrote: »
    Love the games and think the devs are trying to stay on top of things but...

...am I the only one resisting the urge to jokingly call the game just 'Never Online'? :D

+1

abcdefg
  • lukestonehm1lukestonehm1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher content is HTML, the content is not available and is spawning IE for the 404.

They use ****ty .NET for the launcher. This is what we as users get to enjoy :D
  • ashmoriaashmoria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well no one is forcing you to play, so go play WoW all you impatient children
    edited May 2013
    RMT means content is being paid for, we're not in beta anymore Toto.
  • igsupremusigsupremus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i think this is a preaty decent beta.. those thing usualy heapen..
    im very happy with the game just i getting some lating it..gg. i dont know if all is get
  • mononoke62mononoke62 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Disconnects and Downtimes: Neverenter.

It's a good thing they dealt with massive server issues during public stress tests.
  • theschwatrztheschwatrz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for the feedback!
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I can get into the game screen now, just can't see my characters
  • karalius73karalius73 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It is hoped that these problems are only open during the Beta. The game itself does not really boring, but DC makes it unpleasant. :(
  • hunters80hunters80 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totally agree man , PW doing a **** good job imo , like everyone who understands the term beta , its got some bugs to iron out
  • igglypigglyigglypiggly Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    To all the people with their panties in a twist: this game is in BETA. It is not finished and bug-free, and you should have acknowledged that crashes and errors would be common when you agreed to play the BETA. :/

i hate to be the one to inform you of this, but open beta is live. they still call it open beta because if anything messes up (like right now) they can use the ol its open beta excuse and ninnies like you will lap it up and cling to it. i can assure you however, the game is live.

on that note, anyone else notice the forum itself is painfully slow right now?
  • ludolfusludolfus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    launcher working again, but cant go to character selection, servers still down
  • yoyoyomyoyoyom Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I played PSO2 JP version and never had this issue with servers at all either
  • alrycalryc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18
    edited May 2013
    If there is an award for Worst MMO Launch, I think Cryptic is in the running to win.

Oh and for the fanboys that cry "this is beta", it's not. Without character wipes and with taking of our money, it's a soft launch. The beta moniker is just to let us know that it was released early.
  • snappypantssnappypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    clisbee wrote: »
    Your a moron, its a beta. You don't have to purchase a respec token or anything else for that matter if you don't feel that you want to support the game in this state. I am hopeful that you and your friends do quit playing Neverwinter, that will just allow for more server room for those people who aren't f-ing cry babies...

First off, you don't need to call someone a moron simple because you do not share the same views.

Second, you can say beta all you want, however once money is collected and goods delivered all bets are off. The beta claims is akin to openeing a bar, stating that all drinks are free however if you wan the waitress's priority, better selection of drinks , and bigger glasses you can pay for it, then once you pay you are told "sorry the waitress called in sick today".

I do think quitting after a handfull of issues is childish, but that seems to be the only way "childish e-kiddie I want everything and I want it now" users think they can get attention, though it did get your attention.
  • awakakakaawakakaka Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guys please switch it on ;) Got few minutes until i get 40, and good job on fast reaction and good timing. I think i will buy 200$ pack soon just to support you.
  • ashmoriaashmoria Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really like the game, dont like diconnects, but hey its free unless your a pleb who pores money into leveling, you got no one but your selves to blame.
  • uberoverpoweruberoverpower Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i hate to be the one to inform you of this, but open beta is live. they still call it open beta because if anything messes up (like right now) they can use the ol its open beta excuse and ninnies like you will lap it up and cling to it. i can assure you however, the game is live.

I guess you saying makes the Universe abid to your desire and make it true!

Could you please say I'm filthy rich? and that I'll live a long and prosperous live? Pretty please?
  • mindofsilencemindofsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

on that note, anyone else notice the forum itself is painfully slow right now?

I don't think you know what beta means.
  • gregordarkthanegregordarkthane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    survient wrote: »
    Games servers go down so where do all the players go? To the forums to check the status of the downtime. This overloads the forum servers which aren't used to seeing that much traffic at once. That's why it's slow. What's that? Have PW buy more forum servers? Well first of all I'd rather them spend that money on more game server infrastructure, but secondly nobody ever uses the forums except when the game servers go down so it'd be a waste of money to beef up the forum servers. In short, don't get your panties in a bunch and go grab a cup of coffee or something. Eeeeesh....

Cmon people, think a little before you speak...

This alone made it all worth while. *dives for cover* LOGIC BOMB INCOMING!
  • iakkyiakky Member Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cant log in to game.. shame.. I just dont know if it is because of weekend overpopulating or it is some other problem...
    ID: NW-DBYLAUS93
    ID:NW-DCNH66D94
  • theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    I got in now
  • mookie22mookie22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This game by far, in beta, is having a decent launch, I never have lag, and today was the first day where multiple crashes have had happened for me ( others might have witnessed other crashes, but I work and sleep)

Everquest 1 when it came out had horrible lag for days, and crashed often...everquest 2 ditto couldnt learn from their mistakes, then they got hacked and servers were down for weeks...

Wow unbearable at times...GW2 omfg was by far the worst, the lag was so ****in horrible, it actually drove me to my xbox until they fixed their ****...

d2 was laggy when it launched, d3 was s h i t when it came out....nothings changed..

I am sure there are plenty of games out there that were rough as well,

but with all that being said, this is open beta...they have time to fix their s h i t and make this game better and playable
This discussion has been closed.