test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter: List of Promotions & Giveaways

Comments

• voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Account-wide.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Account-wide.

Shuh-weet! Thanks again!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It would be funny, people uninstall ARC and then there ends up being new codes tomorrow for something else.
    edited January 2014
    If I have NW and CO installed already, is there a way to "point" Arc to their folders - since it doesn't appear to be seeing them as being installed...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    . . . You need to redeem the keys through the Arc Client's Redeem Key field. Once logged in, left-click your name on the top right, then choose Redeem Key. The keys will give an error when redeemed through the web site's redeem key field.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If I have NW and CO installed already, is there a way to "point" Arc to their folders - since it doesn't appear to be seeing them as being installed...
    It should auto detect them, at least it did for me.
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    It should auto detect them, at least it did for me.

When I installed CO and NW on my laptop, I had literally just copied the game folders from my main PC over, and created shortcuts to the launcher. I wonder if that's why it's not detecting them... wither way... I got my stuff :D
    edited January 2014
    When I installed CO and NW on my laptop, I had literally just copied the game folders from my main PC over, and created shortcuts to the launcher. I wonder if that's why it's not detecting them... wither way... I got my stuff :D
    . . .Possibly. Do you have a Play button on the games on the left list? If so, what happens when you click play?I have all my games installed through Steam and Arc detected them all and uses their install locations.
  • voiceoftemprusvoiceoftemprus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Two ways, "install" the game from the client downloads a pre-install it does not use and fully "integrates" the game. Or click on the "Add Games" button lower left of ARC client, which just adds an icon you can click on.
    "CO once had devs, but they all fled to STO and NW because they feared Caliga." -matixzon
    edited January 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    . . .Possibly. Do you have a Play button on the games on the left list? If so, what happens when you click play?I have all my games installed through Steam and Arc detected them all and uses their install locations.

I admit that I didn't spend a whole lot of time w/ ARC after redeeming the keys. When I checked 'my library' it said I had no games. I'll dig around more w/ it when I can.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    IMO it is not necessary to keep on using Arc just for the Companion. Unlike Star Trek Online which requires you to log in through Arc, the other PWE games that are involved with this promotion just need to have the key redeemed. It doesn't matter if you use Steam, the regular Neverwinter launcher, or some other method.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    starkaos wrote: »
    IMO it is not necessary to keep on using Arc just for the Companion. Unlike Star Trek Online which requires you to log in through Arc, the other PWE games that are involved with this promotion just need to have the key redeemed. It doesn't matter if you use Steam, the regular Neverwinter launcher, or some other method.

You do realize that they are probably offering all these codes to get people used to using ARC as probably soon you will be required to use ARC to launch the game. they have said that once ARC was ready that the old game launchers would no longer be used and you would have to use ARC
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hmmm..I installed ARC, redeemed the key, got a "success" message, but there is no mail in-game, and no new companion available...is there a delay ?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Hmmm..I installed ARC, redeemed the key, got a "success" message, but there is no mail in-game, and no new companion available...is there a delay ?

Despite what it says you won't get in-game mail. Just go the reward vendor to claim the companion.
  • syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rhoric wrote: »
    You do realize that they are probably offering all these codes to get people used to using ARC as probably soon you will be required to use ARC to launch the game. they have said that once ARC was ready that the old game launchers would no longer be used and you would have to use ARC

Unless you play it through Steam =P. It'd be quite ridiculous,t hough, if they made you log into steam AND Arc, but I suppose that could be a possibility.
    contents to be decided
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Despite what it says you won't get in-game mail. Just go the reward vendor to claim the companion.

Thanks...just did that....have again a complete collection of the promo companions ;)
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited January 2014
    I leveled up one of my Renegade Illusionists on the last CTA day. He seemed pretty good, and attacked fairly quickly. I'm not quite certain exactly what the whole phantom duplicate is supposed to do - unless it's more about also drawing aggro to it, instead of you or the companion, in addition to the damage the attack deals.

Still, looks, cool, and I dig his little "Hadokens" that he throws...
  • flaminggnatsxflaminggnatsx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Hey so while I bought the Hero of the North Pack and Guardian Pack, I still enjoy participating in contests and promotions for some cool free items :)

Anyway I spend lots of time on google, reddit, twitter and forums looking for those promotions so I figured I'd gather all the info so that everyone can enjoy

And so I've created this page:

Neverwinter: Promo Keys

It has info on all promotions that are going on which award you free stuff. I'll keep it updated as I discover any new promotions, so bookmark and check often.

Also the page is editable by anyone so if you find a promotion that is not listed than please add it to the list

Thanks for this.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for this.

just fyi, the link on the original post is not being updated. i would use the official wiki instead:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Promotional_Item_Giveaway_Codes

*added this link to the OP
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Thanks...just did that....have again a complete collection of the promo companions ;)

I did not see the renegade illusionist on the collections list.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    Unless you play it through Steam =P. It'd be quite ridiculous,t hough, if they made you log into steam AND Arc, but I suppose that could be a possibility.
    You should try Assassin's Creed 4, Far Cry 3 or any other newer Ubisoft title available on Steam, they require both Steam and UPlay to run (if you get them on Steam that is). Many people wish they didn't.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »

Promotional companions aren't included in any collections.

"Complete" is just keeping personal track of them.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bloodgirlbloodgirl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Am i the only one that ghet's an error when using Redeem key from ARC. The key you entered does not exist. Please check the key.
    edited January 2014
    bloodgirl wrote: »
    Am i the only one that ghet's an error when using Redeem key from ARC. The key you entered does not exist. Please check the key.

this key can only be redeemed within ARC - if you try to input it from the redeem key webpage, you will get that error.
    edited January 2014

it should be in the "promo" tab.
    edited January 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    it should be in the "promo" tab.

You mean from the Rewards Vendor? Already took care of that, just not in the ctrl-J list. :)

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    You mean from the Rewards Vendor? Already took care of that, just not in the ctrl-J list. :)

Promo companions aren't listed in the collection system.
    edited January 2014
    dardove wrote: »
    Promo companions aren't listed in the collection system.

Saw that above, thanks. :)
    Was clarifying for Melodywhr.

• drigg01drigg01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just tried to do the ARC code from within ARC and it is still.. giving me that error about not being a valid code...
  • starkaosstarkaos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Arc has another promotion going on. The key can be found here.

Here is what is included in the promotion.

< Thayan Revolutionary > title
    Wayfarer's XP Booster
    5x Rank 4 Enchantments
    3x Refining Stones
    5x Injury Kit (based on your level)
    5x Healing Potion (based on your level)

Not as good as the previous Arc promotion.