Install Arc
Options

An Inconvenient Truth - Trickshaw's GWF Leveling Tips

13»

Comments

• Options
    imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to ask someone, my build is heavily centred on power+defense stats. I also have 23.5% deflection chance. Is this build ok? I am asking because I intend to go power+defense heavy all the way to 60. I do PvE most of the time.

1012389_598262886872027_1544124996_n.jpg
  • Options
    railcarrailcar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    trickshaw wrote: »
    To put my leveling experience in perspective, I died--quite literally--a total of three (3) times in the span of levels 1-34. I had sooo many pots sitting in my bags that I permanently stowed my Cleric so I could level my cat from 1-15 and feed off pots when needed and still had stacks to spare.

You died 3 times while leveling? Admittedly my GWF did as well, but a couple of those were because I was leaping up to somewhere I shouldn't have been, didn't land where the reticle was, and fell to my death. I think I had 1 actual death from combat. I didn't use the cleric, I barely used healing pots (and always had ones waay below my level slotted), regen kept me up, with high Con it provided more than enough healing in all situations.

Also note that having a high Con means capping armor penn quite easily, making armor penn gear significantly less valuable.
  • Options
    imperialmenimperialmen Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2013
    Just wanted to ask someone, my build is heavily centred on power+defense stats. I also have 23.5% deflection chance. Is this build ok? I am asking because I intend to go power+defense heavy all the way to 60. I do PvE most of the time.

1012389_598262886872027_1544124996_n.jpg

Bump. Somebody please reply :)
  • Options
    exsilioxexsiliox Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    One of the best written MMO class guides. Ever.

But don't let it go to your head.

Now go write one for the DC please. ;)
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    This was a very nice read, thank you very much!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    gurugeorgegurugeorge Member Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Great read, great sense of humour. This is why necros never worry me. (I will never understand the animus against necros - if a topic covers something, it covers it, why open new posts on the same topic?)

Incidentally, even though I've only got a young GWF, I've intuitively leant towards the OP's position anyway. The GWF isn't primarily a damage dealer, or primarily a tank, it's a damage-dealing off-tank. I'm meant to keep the squishies safe by keeping an overview of the battlefield, helping the CW dispose of adds and keeping them off the DC, and going back to wailing on the boss when that job is done.

End of story.
  • Options
    banaancbanaanc Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    except theres a lot of nerfs for gwf so for skill section u need to check some newer guides

• Options
    yekiryekir Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is this playstyle still viable for the GWF in game? Or should I look for a more updated one? It seems to be working okay playing as the "hybrid" (since we're not calling it an off-tank) style. But, I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting anytime if their is a more efficient way to build my GWF.

Thanks for any and all feedback!
  • Options
    ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    yekir wrote: »
    Is this playstyle still viable for the GWF in game? Or should I look for a more updated one? It seems to be working okay playing as the "hybrid" (since we're not calling it an off-tank) style. But, I just wanna make sure I'm not wasting anytime if their is a more efficient way to build my GWF.

Thanks for any and all feedback!

If hybrid is what you like just go for it, but join legit_community channel otherwise it will be hard to get grps if not 18k GS + or whatever GS goes around these days. Destroyer is more pve while sentinel is more pvp, you;ll be fine as long as u stay away from instigator path.