test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hero of the North title on Forum?

gearedkinggearedking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited August 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I noticed some people have that title and some don't on the forum.

I paid the 200 too, so I'm wondering where about is that option on the forum to add it underneath my name?

Thanks in advanced for any help. :D
Post edited by gearedking on

Comments

• karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have the same issue. Not a big deal but it would be nice to know whats up with this as my title is also wrong.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Found this on another thread. Thanks! :)
    Log out and in forums to reset permissions --> cp --> permission groups --> select title.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    karranor wrote: »
    Found this on another thread. Thanks! :)

I logged into my User CP, but have no "permission groups" option. I have "My Messages" section, "My Subscriptions" section, then the "My Settings" section. Nothing under the settings had an option for Forum Titles, nor permissions nor groups.

Are there two different CP interfaces here? My settings one has: My Profile (Edit Avatar & Edit Sig), My Account (General Settings & Edit Ignore List), Networking (Contacts & Even Reminders), and Miscellaneous (Attachments).

I'm not entirely bad at teh intr0netz, but I am not finding the title/permission thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    r0y0 wrote: »
    I logged into my User CP, but have no "permission groups" option. I have "My Messages" section, "My Subscriptions" section, then the "My Settings" section. Nothing under the settings had an option for Forum Titles, nor permissions nor groups.

Are there two different CP interfaces here? My settings one has: My Profile (Edit Avatar & Edit Sig), My Account (General Settings & Edit Ignore List), Networking (Contacts & Even Reminders), and Miscellaneous (Attachments).

I'm not entirely bad at teh intr0netz, but I am not finding the title/permission thing.
    Same with me
  • r0y0r0y0 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Finding the Sticky FAQ on Forum Titles I see that I am DEFINITELY missing the permissions group. I also followed the LINK TO CHECK if one has groups or not, and I do not.

So somewhere, our purchasing of the HotN pack did NOT trigger adding us to this public group.

I guess complaining about it is how it's resolved. Now to find out who to PM so they don't pass over this gripe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • judgemelaterjudgemelater Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 14
    edited July 2013
    Have you purchased any of the packs, as I just got the Knight of the Feywild one and the option to choose that group now. Never had that before I purchased. Might be that.
    If not, I don't know. :)
  • savagedeaconsavagedeacon Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Found it, but I don't understand how
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    . . . . . Here is a direct link to the Permission Groups. If you have indeed purchased a Hero, Guardian, or Knight pack and cannot access that page or there is no titles to choose there-in, please do the following:

1) Log out of the site.
    2) Log back into the site.
    3) Check Permission Groups again.

. . . . . If that fails, clear your browser's cookies & cache and log back in and check Permission Groups again. If that still does not help, please contact Support and File a Ticket and under the Categories drop down, choose Customer Support>Forums and Website and then explain to them the steps you took and that they did not work on getting your Permission Groups to show up on the forums.

To aid on a proper wording of such tickets, I would write something along the lines of the following example
    (feel free to copy & paste, replace the <type> with appropriate type of pack (Hero, Knight, or Guardian - or list them all if you bought them all. Feel free to provide a link to this thread or your post in particular).

Example of Ticket to Send

Category: Customer Support > Forums and Website
    Subject: <type> Pack Title not Available on the Forums
    Body: Hello. I have purchased the <type> Pack. I went to the forums to enable my custom forum title but I do not see the section for Permission Groups. I have tried clearing my cookies & cache as well as logged in and out to try and enable this section in my Control Panel. Despite doing all this, I am unable to get the Permission Groups section to appear in my Control Panel. I have been directed to send in this ticket to you by a Community Moderator.

• kedrinrahokedrinraho Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I'm in the same boat, missing titles and i don't have a Group Permissions option at all.
    I'm guessing this is no longer addressed by Support as i recievd the following response to my support request:
    Hello ,

Please log into the forums, post a thread, and they will address your issues. Customer Service mainly handles billing and account related queries. Thanks!

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/forum.php

Perfect World Support
    Check out our latest game, Neverwinter!

I've responded with a link to this thread. hopefully it gets fixed soon as I have both Hero of the North and Faywild packs.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    kedrinraho wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat, missing titles and i don't have a Group Permissions option at all.
    I'm guessing this is no longer addressed by Support as i recievd the following response to my support request:

I've responded with a link to this thread. hopefully it gets fixed soon as I have both Hero of the North and Faywild packs.
    . . . . Thanks, I'll pass this on to Sominator first thing tomorrow and he may be able to make heads-or-tails. I'll make sure this gets sorted out first thing tomorrow!

Just first please make sure you've done everything stated in my last post:
    zebular wrote: »
    . . . . . Here is a direct link to the Permission Groups. If you have indeed purchased a Hero, Guardian, or Knight pack and cannot access that page or there is no titles to choose there-in, please do the following:

1) Log out of the site.
    2) Log back into the site.
    3) Check Permission Groups again.

. . . . . If that fails, clear your browser's cookies & cache and log back in and check Permission Groups again. If that still does not help, please contact Support and File a Ticket and under the Categories drop down, choose Customer Support>Forums and Website and then explain to them the steps you took and that they did not work on getting your Permission Groups to show up on the forums.
    . . . . . Especially the part abut clearing of cache. Trying an alternate browser cannot hurt too, if you have a second one already installed.
    edited August 2013
    . . . . Thanks, I'll pass this on to Sominator first thing tomorrow and he may be able to make heads-or-tails. I'll make sure this gets sorted out first thing tomorrow!

Just first please make sure you've done everything stated in my last post:
    . . . . . Especially the part abut clearing of cache. Trying an alternate browser cannot hurt too, if you have a second one already installed.

Confirming that i followed the steps. I started with clearing the cache first, logging in to the main PW site first then going to the forums as well as logging in from the forums and had the same result. I tested with Firefox 22, IE8, Opera 11.62 and Chrome 28.0.1500.95m.
    I know it's overkill but i've seen sites act special on certain browsers so thought I'd check.

What I see when i click the direct link is the following notice:
    There are currently no public usergroups available for you to join.
    edited August 2013
    Confirming that i followed the steps. I started with clearing the cache first, logging in to the main PW site first then going to the forums as well as logging in from the forums and had the same result. I tested with Firefox 22, IE8, Opera 11.62 and Chrome 28.0.1500.95m.
    I know it's overkill but i've seen sites act special on certain browsers so thought I'd check.

What I see when i click the direct link is the following notice:
    Thanks! I'll send a messenger wisp to Sominator, straight away!
  • flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I have the same problem with the founders pack title. Bought it long time ago, but still no title in the forum.
    I followed the steps but i also have nothing to choose from. Cleared cashes, checked with chrome firefox & that horrible internet explorer, still nothing.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Passed on to Sominator. If anybody else is having any problems with their titles not appearing after following the steps don't hesitate to PM Sominator directly. Also please feel free to send a PM to the Community Moderators as well and we will give Som a nudge too! :D
  • flitser87flitser87 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Passed on to Sominator. If anybody else is having any problems with their titles not appearing after following the steps don't hesitate to PM Sominator directly. Also please feel free to send a PM to the Community Moderators as well and we will give Som a nudge too! :D

U sir, are my hero! I shall name my first born child Ambisinisterr to honor you
    roflmao
  • firesoul31firesoul31 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited August 2013
    I also have this problem with the Hero pack. I'll see if I can PM Sol. Thanks for the info.
    Playing, paying & Coding - My take on Neverwinter, mods be darned
    Opened up comments, because I would love to hear what everyone says, even the naysayers. :)
    http://goo.gl/TiX1kO
  • baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Hello forum devs.

After trying everything i filed a ticket to try and get this title to appear. the email response is as follows:
    Hello ,

Please log into the forums, post a thread, and they will address your issues. Thanks!

Can one of you fine forum bosses fix this for me please?

Cheers,

B
  • invalidgirlinvalidgirl Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Ummm... don't you have to enable the title via User CP? Lemme know how it works. I'm soon to become the next so-called "Hero of the North". ;P
    edited August 2013
  • baranthusbaranthus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited August 2013
    Ummm... don't you have to enable the title via User CP? Lemme know how it works. I'm soon to become the next so-called "Hero of the North". ;P

I have no option in the user CP hence the ticket and this thread :)
    edited August 2013
    See this thread for direction. I'm still missing mine but it is being worked on

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?188811-Hero-of-the-North-title-on-Forum

I have followed the instructions in that thread. Customer services told me to post here. :)
    edited August 2013
    baranthus wrote: »
    I have followed the instructions in that thread. Customer services told me to post here. :)

Read page 2 of the thread. It directs folks to PM Sominator or one of the Community Moderators if trying the steps listed does not address the issue for them.
  • asrathiel01asrathiel01 Member, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi all,

Just making a test post upon the instructions of customer support so they can fix my hero of the north title problem :)
    edited August 2013
    Thanks! I'll send a messenger wisp to Sominator, straight away!

Received another solved notification on my support ticket telling me to to use the Permissions Option in the CP panel. I don't think the responder read my request at all. I've updated my support request letting them know that I've already tried that, cleared cache and tried the various browsers I listed.

I PMed Sominator as well :(
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited August 2013

Same response just now for the same issue.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Can't understand why people would want it anyways.

I mean it's just telling others "I've spent way too much money on this game - look at me, I have money and spent a lot!"

I mean i'd love to have an actual founder title like I mislead into believing I may get for getting a founder pack. But the what I actually got? I'm not even enabling it even though I know how.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
    edited August 2013
    The same reason you want anything else you payed for. Because you payed for it.
    axer128 wrote: »
    Can't understand why people would want it anyways.

I mean it's just telling others "I've spent way too much money on this game - look at me, I have money and spent a lot!"

I mean i'd love to have an actual founder title like I mislead into believing I may get for getting a founder pack. But the what I actually got? I'm not even enabling it even though I know how.
    edited August 2013
    baranthus wrote: »

Baranthus, looks like yours was resolved already as i see the titled under your name!
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . Sorry for not responding, every time I meant to I got side-tracked. I've forwarded this off earlier today though. Hopefully we'll have a resolve for your soon or at least more information, Kedrinraho.
  • asrathiel01asrathiel01 Member, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Heya Zebular,

I have unfortunately gotten the exact same response twice from the customer support team even after linking to this thread and following the exact details and posting instructions for my actual customer support ticket you posted within the thread. I am not sure what i should do now as it still has not been fixed.

Sincerely Asrathiel