test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Angel of Protection Companion Requires Logging Every Day for a Year!

13»

Comments

• holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Is someone actually complaining about this?
  • tarkritarkri Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have some medical conditions which occasionally cause me to be hospitalized for a couple of days.

I will never, ever, ever see this type of reward. That said, its ok with me to an extent. I mean, that takes some serious dedication, regardless of circumstances!!
  • naeron1966naeron1966 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    tarkri wrote: »
    I have some medical conditions which occasionally cause me to be hospitalized for a couple of days.

I will never, ever, ever see this type of reward. That said, its ok with me to an extent. I mean, that takes some serious dedication, regardless of circumstances!!

Ardent coins do not expire. If you are unable to log in an average of 1 day a week it just means it will take you about an extra 2 months to get it.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    360 Ardent Coins You get one Ardent coin the first time you Invoke, per day.
    That means you have to log in every day for an entire year* just to get a pet.

Anyone else find this a bit much? I mean, I understand that this is a long term goal. But even most mmorpg long term goals, aren't this ridiculous.

Take the purple proto drake from WoW. It requires you to have completed every Holiday achievement. With requires a whole year of play, but it still doesn't require you to literally play every day for a year.

With this kind of requirement, the average player will never see this companion. And even most hardcore players won't see it for more than a year, if not several.

And with the way content in mmorpgs work, who is to say how outdated this thing will be, by the time anyone can afford it?

*yeah yeah 5 days less, I know some jackhole will show up and say something about how my math sucks or some BS.

WOW just wow at that. Who has the time and lack of social life to do that. The Angel of Protection will be some sort of sad nerd badge now >_>
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nepht wrote: »
    WOW just wow at that. Who has the time and lack of social life to do that. The Angel of Protection will be some sort of sad nerd badge now >_>

Comeon Nepht, I thought this sort of insulting talk was beneath you.

Besides, how much effort does it take to park by a campfire then login for 10 seconds to get your coin each day?
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wouldn't be funny if it sucked though and you kept using the cat! lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    Comeon Nepht, I thought this sort of insulting talk was beneath you.

Besides, how much effort does it take to park by a campfire then login for 10 seconds to get your coin each day?

I run a comic shop I know nerd badges when I see one, this will be one of them. Having to be on EACH DAY @_@"
    Who has the time, most people have to work or go outside, go on holidays, go to weddings , help during births , help friends move house etc etc.

It will take some sort of mutant super nerd to achieve this badge.
    edited May 2013
    I run a comic shop I know nerd badges when I see one, this will be one of them. Having to be on EACH DAY @_@"
    Who has the time, most people have to work or go outside, go on holidays, go to weddings , help during births , help friends move house etc etc.

I think you are maybe confusing the ardent and celestial coins.

You don't need to be on "EVERYDAY" for a year you just need to have prayed 360 times and not used the ardent coins. You can take a month vacation and those coins will still be there, it's the celestial coins that go away if you don't pray everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    I think you are maybe confusing the ardent and celestial coins.

You don't need to be on "EVERYDAY" for a year you just need to have prayed 360 times and not used the ardent coins. You can take a month vacation and those coins will still be there, it's the celestial coins that go away if you don't pray everyday.

Well thats different. I'm losing count of all the currencies this game has.
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Isn't owning a comic book shop like the medal of honor for nerd badges?
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Non issue really,the lack of companion training manuals however........
    edited May 2013
    vatasha wrote: »
    Isn't owning a comic book shop like the medal of honor for nerd badges?

Thats my point. Thats how I know whats nerdy and whats not.
  • mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If it could be purchased for Zen, it'd be a definite buy for me. No question.
  • some1inatreesome1inatree Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I like it. As people have pointed out, it's 360 days of prayer in total, and not necessarily consecutive, since Ardent coins don't expire. Since it is meant to represent your character's deep connection to the Gods, I can't really think of a better way to earn it.

As for there not being enough Leader companions in game, that is very true. But I'm sure they'll be adding more pretty soon.

I'm also hoping I get to make a Paladin by the time I have enough coins to earn the Angel as a reward.
    edited May 2013
    I like it. As people have pointed out, it's 360 days of prayer in total, and not necessarily consecutive, since Ardent coins don't expire. Since it is meant to represent your character's deep connection to the Gods, I can't really think of a better way to earn it.

As for there not being enough Leader companions in game, that is very true. But I'm sure they'll be adding more pretty soon.

I'm also hoping I get to make a Paladin by the time I have enough coins to earn the Angel as a reward.
    There IS in fact a decay on Ardent Coins, we just haven't figured out how long it is or the rate of decay.
    But take for instance the people that had 6-7 AC before the rollback, that then had none.
    edited May 2013
    mistriosu wrote: »
    There IS in fact a decay on Ardent Coins, we just haven't figured out how long it is or the rate of decay.
    But take for instance the people that had 6-7 AC before the rollback, that then had none.

Ah that's not decay that losing something you never had as when they rolled back you lost "time" and everything you did in that time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    pilf3r wrote: »
    Ah that's not decay that losing something you never had as when they rolled back you lost "time" and everything you did in that time.

They rolled back 7 hours. That would NOT account for the loss of more than one coin.
  • joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    Lost 26 coins after catastrophe, what do?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    360 Ardent Coins You get one Ardent coin the first time you Invoke, per day.
    That means you have to log in every day for an entire year* just to get a pet.

Anyone else find this a bit much? I mean, I understand that this is a long term goal. But even most mmorpg long term goals, aren't this ridiculous.

Take the purple proto drake from WoW. It requires you to have completed every Holiday achievement. With requires a whole year of play, but it still doesn't require you to literally play every day for a year.

With this kind of requirement, the average player will never see this companion. And even most hardcore players won't see it for more than a year, if not several.

And with the way content in mmorpgs work, who is to say how outdated this thing will be, by the time anyone can afford it?

*yeah yeah 5 days less, I know some jackhole will show up and say something about how my math sucks or some BS.

This companion is not even worth it .
    edited May 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    This companion is not even worth it .
    You can't possibly know that wihout having cheated/exploited seeing as the game hasn't been out long enough for anybody to obtain it and test it.
  • tenkurotenkuro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You can't possibly know that wihout having cheated/exploited seeing as the game hasn't been out long enough for anybody to obtain it and test it.

It actually isn't worth it because it's just a healer meaning it's a combative companion meaning it'll die anyways in fights that matters.
    edited May 2013
    They rolled back 7 hours. That would NOT account for the loss of more than one coin.

When they rolled back I lost one coin, on my other toon I lost several coins, I believe there was a bug in the roll back. Point is the loss is from the roll back, the ardent coins do not have a time limit on them.

Just hover over it in your riches tab. Now unless we have roll backs quite frequently then this shouldn't be an issue. If we do have roll backs often well then loss of coins will be the least of our problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tarkritarkri Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    naeron1966 wrote: »
    Ardent coins do not expire. If you are unable to log in an average of 1 day a week it just means it will take you about an extra 2 months to get it.

Thats really good to know, I had them mixed up with the ones that DO expire. Had not even checked in game and just figured the ardent coins were the same. Honestly, I havent even looked at what you can get due to figuring they both expired, and my situation. Why torture myself? lol Thanks for the correction though, its much appreciated.
  • possum440possum440 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Imagine if it were the celestial coins....Bahhaha
    There is no worse feeling in the world than the moment during an argument you realize you are wrong.
  • kaywindkaywind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, beggars can't be choosers. Make a cleric yo, we're awesome!
  • thewolfisloosethewolfisloose Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This angel would be less cool if everyone had one.
  • baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    This thread was in Neverdeath Graveyard... why bring it back you foul necromancer..
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2013
    . . . . . *the mage shouts, "Undead Thread!" then quickly casts a strangle spell upon it until a Priest of Kelemvor puts it back to rest*
    Section III - Prohibited Topics/Posts

. . . . Because of the nature of the way certain topics have unfolded in history past as well as the pertinents laid out by the Terms of Service and in-game EULA, there are several types of topics that are not open for discussion on our forums. They are, but not limited to, the following Rules.

Rule 3.13 - No Necromancy
    . . . . If a thread has not been posted on in over thirty days, it likely contains out of date information or opinions. If you would like to continue such a discussion, please create a new thread to do so, or find an existing "living" one.
This discussion has been closed.