test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview, the new Neverwinter public test shard, is now available!

Comments

• gallantflamegallantflame Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vladius wrote: »
    After going to nw.perfectworld.com/preview I input my username and password then after a while it gives me this error:

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://nw.perfectworld.com/preview. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request.

I have the same error message but only tried it a few minutes ago, finally having the time to read what's what's and how to's;)
  • artiselectionartiselection Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i've tried to follow that link dozens of times. i keep getting a blank page.
  • wintersbornwintersborn Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you want to Nerf Shocking Execution into the dirt to quiet the cry babies in PvP for the never ending balance quest fine. But did you really want to make customers leave in mass when it comes to destroying the TR's role and only viable skill for PvE groups ? Or was this a mistake because if this bull **** makes it to live then see ya...... you lost a customer.
    And yes you can have my stuff.
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you want to Nerf Shocking Execution into the dirt to quiet the cry babies in PvP for the never ending balance quest fine. But did you really want to make customers leave in mass when it comes to destroying the TR's role and only viable skill for PvE groups ? Or was this a mistake because if this bull **** makes it to live then see ya...... you lost a customer.
    And yes you can have my stuff.

Sweet, I'll take all your astral diamonds, just trading them over to me. Wait I mean mail them to me. Wait I will create an auction for exactly as much as you have and put up a grey item. Now you shuffle through the auction house find my auction and buy it! There, problem solved........ seriously Bound currency?
  • eslavaceslavac Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you have disabled on demand patching like i have i have to download 7gb patch for the test shard. Course i've only downloaded about 123mb at 45% now. So its going a lot faster then just plain downloading Neverwinter for first time.
  • kadirrakadirra Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I kinda keep hoping some NW person will comment on why some of us are getting the "You have no characters in Neverwinter! To create a character, go to the http://nw.perfectworld.com/download" in red and no characters to choose from when we DO HAVE characters in the game. What's going on? Please someone...advise. I'd like to copy over my higher level character to test things out. Thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok found a post here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?336812-Not-showing-my-characters-to-copy-to-preview-server-what-do

And a Perfect World rep posted in it. Basically they know about the problem and it's something to do with the Beholder Shard, and that we will be able to copy characters over after the next maintenance.

Would have been nice if they'd posted here, but oh well.
  • wolfrat14wolfrat14 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Why does the preview say I have no characters? I have five on Beholder.
  • kaasdoekkaasdoek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wolfrat14 wrote: »
    Why does the preview say I have no characters? I have five on Beholder.

I have the same issue. Anyone?
  • agnustheholyagnustheholy Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kadirra wrote: »
    I kinda keep hoping some NW person will comment on why some of us are getting the "You have no characters in Neverwinter! To create a character, go to the http://nw.perfectworld.com/download" in red and no characters to choose from when we DO HAVE characters in the game. What's going on? Please someone...advise. I'd like to copy over my higher level character to test things out. Thanks!

EDIT/UPDATE: Ok found a post here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?336812-Not-showing-my-characters-to-copy-to-preview-server-what-do

And a Perfect World rep posted in it. Basically they know about the problem and it's something to do with the Beholder Shard, and that we will be able to copy characters over after the next maintenance.

Would have been nice if they'd posted here, but oh well.

Me too, same problem and I play on Beholder also! This started happening the last couple days, until last weekend I could copy with no problem.
  • zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So, us folks on Beholder get to preview the new content... after it's on the live server.

Awesome.
  • rannius3rannius3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    anyone having trouble updating the patch? it is taking forever for me right now any advice would help!
  • osadamaskosadamask Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Agreed, I seem to be stuck at 902.8mb
  • rannius3rannius3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    osadamask wrote: »
    Agreed, I seem to be stuck at 902.8mb

it might be because everyone is updating the patch at the same time
  • jewel07jewel07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hi there :)

Just did my registration... Patched the client... Accessed the game... But I am at a loss to find how to go to Feywild !

Maybe it is still not on ?

Let me know... I can't wait ! ^^

Tripack on Mindflayer
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    jewel07 wrote: »
    Hi there :)

Just did my registration... Patched the client... Accessed the game... But I am at a loss to find how to go to Feywild !

Maybe it is still not on ?

Let me know... I can't wait ! ^^

Tripack on Mindflayer

No, it is not on there. Currently, the preview server is running the same build as the live servers. When they do push feywild to the preview server, they will announce it here.
  • jewel07jewel07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Hoo thank you :) ^^

TriPack
  • drave452drave452 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    when i loaded the patch it started to show the adjustment screen, but then it went blank, any ideas why?
    edited August 2013
    when i loaded the patch and started the test server it started to show the monitor adjustment screen, but then it went black, i had the theme music playing but never got another image any ideas why?
    edited August 2013
    the patch loaded, i start the test server, when it loaded i saw the monitor adjustment screen for a split second then the screen went black. i had the theme music playing but nothing else. no image at all. at the bottom right before it went blank it said something about material file reloaded
  • borisadrianborisadrian Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Something is definitly wrong. I finished the patch on Neverwinter Preview shard,the client window closed and the the game should have started...but after waiting 5 minutes, nothing happened. i started a new one thinking i did something wrong and the same thing. I opened task manager and there were 2 processes game client.exe opened without using any resourse...i then though i have to wait more and started over,this time i left it opened and went away from home a few hours (4-5) came back and nothing.

Today i made the 3rd patch on that shard and still doesnt open ...Anyone have any sugestion??
  • fastrean1fastrean1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    After I login my account on the luncher, there is no preview shard I can select. If I try copy my characters to preview shard on the preview sign up page. It display a message "There are no test shards avaiable for your account."

I regist another new empty account. It is able to select the preview shard on the luncher and access.

Any one can help me solve this issue? I had log a support ticket, but they reply back that advise me ask for help in the forum. :(
  • vampbunny666vampbunny666 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Is there any way to disable Preview and Owlbear shards?
  • ggunchggunch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    I keep getting an error message just trying to access the preview shard sign up page. Are we not allowed to sign up for preview shard anymore?
  • jing777jing777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Ok so I'm still new to this game but what is up with the random spots of green energy in like every area?
  • omuhaoomuhao Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jing777 wrote: »
    Ok so I'm still new to this game but what is up with the random spots of green energy in like every area?

A Hunter Daily Skill leaves those on the ground...
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    omuhao wrote: »
    A Hunter Daily Skill leaves those on the ground...

there hasn't been a shadowmantle update since the 6th of november... although this has been an issue since it hit the test shard. i'm sure this will be corrected before module 2 goes live.
  • inlightinlight Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The link to sign up is broken or turned off. Am I to late to sign up? I would like to sign up if I still can.
  • xnordicxxnordicx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Apparently some one is deleting posts on this thread so i try again.
    this is my computer spec and i get 25 fps it should not be possible.
    and yes i spent some money on this game so i would like to know
    if you will release the game in this state of will the engine be optimized,
    if not feel free to pm me if you dont want to tell on the forums so i can quit playing already.

Computer: Hewlett-Packard h8-1080sc
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600 (Sandy Bridge-DT, D2)
    3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 3692 MHz (37.00x99.8)
    Motherboard: PEGATRON CORPORATION 2AB5
    Chipset: Intel H67 (Cougar Point) [B3]
    Memory: 12288 MBytes @ 665 MHz, 9.0-9-9-24
    - 4096 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Micron Tech. 16JTF51264AZ-1G4D1
    Graphics: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950
    ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7950, 3072 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
    Drive: ST31500341AS, 1465.1 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s @ 1.5Gb/s
    Drive: ST31500341AS, 1465.1 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s @ 1.5Gb/s
    Drive: hp BD E DH12E3LH, BD-ROM
    Sound: Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B3]
    Sound: ATI/AMD Tahiti - High Definition Audio Controller
    Network: Ralink RT5390 802.11b/g/n Wireless Network Adapter
    Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC

*edit will try with my old Nvidia 550ti and see if works better since this game use PhysX..
    *edit 2 the Nvidia card was even worse maybe due to it lack the power but in any case this seams to be a game engine problem hope to see it optimized before release or this great game is unplayable.
  • suslik7777suslik7777 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Its Gonna be cool if they will make Epic Spider mount or Epic Dragon mount or even Epic Snake mount!!! I will love this game even more! I really love spiders but you should buy pack to get it.. That sucks! Also I will so happy if they will make Flying Mounts!!!
  • meanieswmeaniesw Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So, copied my character over and all. But no bar appeared for me to change to preview shard. : /
This discussion has been closed.