test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want Enchantment Effects? Get out your wallet.

124»

Comments

• thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    Yult, I've been quietly agreeing with you through the whole thread and chuckling out loud at the logic of the trolls responding in their predictably conceited and intellectually narcissistic way. I went to buy a bag last night to help with my inventory problems and was informed by my fianc
  • kendokkenkendokken Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    taylorfest wrote: »
    This is how the official forums for any MMO, hell any game for that matter, always is. For every one person who is intelligent enough to debate issues properly, there are five more who make it their personal goal to appear moronic and derail to the point of no return.

Too many slots for this to be acceptable.

You give humanity too much credit it's at least a 20 : 1 Ratio

on topic; at least it's a gauranteed item. the worst part of the lockboxes is you are playing the lottery, with about the same odds to get something decent. And so many drop they aren't even worth putting on the AH anymore.
  • thunderknuckles1thunderknuckles1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    After 17 tries I give up. Still agree with you Yult. PW is out of control, literally out of control, on the real money prices of services with Neverwinter Online. 10 REAL U.S. for ONE bag? Oh no way....
  • grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    Okay, I'm having to re-post this because the editor went wonky on me. I've been quietly agreeing with you through the whole thread ,Yult, and chuckling out loud at the logic of the trolls responding in their predictably conceited and intellectually narcissistic way. I went to buy a bag last night to help with my inventory problems and was informed by my fianc

Please purchase more Zen if you would like to finish telling us the story about your fiance.
    edited May 2013
    LOL!! =D That made me genuinely laugh out loud. Seems my post was too long at two short paragraphs. lol
  • kentiahkentiah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Figured they'd try to get us somewhere, here it is, really hope they change the success rate of it, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
  • freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    There are justifieable f2p plans, and then there are cheap moneygrabbing schemes. Apparently, this game falls in the latter category. I don't have an issue with pying for something, but this seems less and less like a game I'd be willing to spend money on.

Too bad there are too many fanboys that would run over their own mother with a lawnmower if some company asks them to, marketing departments will always push them to do just as much as they can get a way with...
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    After reading all the thread, and without wanting to focus on the business politics of pwi, i've been playing for 8-9 days right now, for me, neverwinter means something, some of the best videogame roleplaying experiences, i got my charactr to lvl 60, enjoyed the gameplay (i miss some roleplaying but its an mmo) and the overall feeling is positive... but its not great, i miss being able to do epic solo pve, for example, right now, i can only do dungeons/skirmishes in epic, or foundries) would be nice to replay the adventure all in epic... i miss getting the opportunity of being "bad" and not only a hero... well, there are more important issues for me than the ptw... btw, i have a gear score of 8000 without expending a dime on it, nor doing effort on farming more than the normal ddungeoning(i dislike pvp) i'm pretty sure i can get to 8500 in a week just by playing a couple of epic dungeons dayly... the mounts... well the epic ones are faster... wow! doesnt matter anymore because... i dont need mounts anymore as epic players cannot solo...
    Companions... yeah, would be great to pick one of the good ones, and i will "farm" for them... all in all, the problem of the game aint the prizing, is that game ENDS at lvl 60, or almost ends...

btw anyone can give me a link on what do each weapon/armor enhacement enchants do? 64 shards for a great one its a lot, so i would love to know... thanks.
  • serotonergicserotonergic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    10 dollars just to get one enchantment to me seems effing absurd.
  • zeuseason411zeuseason411 Member Posts: 107
    edited May 2013
    This is p2w tho. 1% chance really? Obviously whoever came up with that one decided it'd be the cash cow p2w.
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

It's a lie though. Coalescent Wards were going for around 120k AD on the AH, which translated to ~325 Zen or $3.25
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hum i found the solution...just don't buy them..this is a non competitive game. I am running tru the whole game with 9500 GS and my lovely cat and I am topping the dps chart like a boss.

you don't need to have 15k gs to do "endgame" just have fun for a while, then move on the next game, wildstar, blade and soul, TESO, RIFT if you never played ecc ecc...there are a lot of game that will soon be released, don't put too much hope on this game, use it as a tool for your enjoyment while it last and empty your carecup.
  • zaarel2zaarel2 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    duckoquack wrote: »
    How do people expect free games to just magically run. The company that made this fun game needs to make money somehow, or there wouldn't be a game at all. If you consider your enchantments as a one time expenditure, I'd wager you still pay less money on this game than you would a sub-mmo.

I don't think the OP made any statement that would indicate he thinks the games are magically run for free. It is however safe to say that the cost of most items for Zen is extremely high. When you compare the games with monthly subs that range anywhere from $10 to $15 monthly vs what the Zen expenditures can add up to its crazy. I may be in the minority but I wish this was a monthly sub game with ONLY COSMETIC items for sale.

Lockboxes, keys, power-ups, scrolls etc that add exp , increase heals etc in my opinion are the death of these games. The reason the games are implemented like this is NOT to save you money. It is because like the micro transaction items in the grocery checkout the impulsive micro buys add up to huge dollars.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

They aren't worth anywhere near $10. Only the truly desperate and/or lazy would buy them in the shop for that. I think the high price for this item in the shop is fine though, because no one has to buy them. The reason is that every single character has a chance to get one every 7 days if they keep up with their invoking. Plenty of people have multiple alts for Leadership and Invoking that may never ever use a ward. Any they get are just for their main or to sell. That is what drives the AH price of this item down.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • wastingsanitywastingsanity Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Just thought I'd let everyone know about this. After 3 days of farming lvl 60 epic dungeons I finally got enough (4) Enchantment Shards to make a special enchantment, Lightning I believe. These are not the same as the regular stat Enchants, they have special abilities which aren't listed, I assume, until you fuse them.

Well, I go to fuse my 4 Shard of Lightning Enchantment only to discover there is a whopping 1% rate of success. So, essentially, unless you buy a magical insta fuse stone for US Dollars, there is basically no way to get an enchant.

I've got probably 10 different kinds of these enchantments filling up my valuable bag slots and none of them is worth a lick unless I fork over $$ to fuse them.

I'm not hoisting the P2W flag just for this particular issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't a very undesirable issue that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

This is why you don't spend money on a Cryptic game you haven't played through. Cryptic tends to hide the poo on the back side of everything they make. That way everything appears to be fine until...
  • rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Just thought I'd let everyone know about this. After 3 days of farming lvl 60 epic dungeons I finally got enough (4) Enchantment Shards to make a special enchantment, Lightning I believe. These are not the same as the regular stat Enchants, they have special abilities which aren't listed, I assume, until you fuse them.

Coalescent Ward is what you need and 2 options. want to go lazy, buy it. dont to spend money, find it.