test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want Enchantment Effects? Get out your wallet.

yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just thought I'd let everyone know about this. After 3 days of farming lvl 60 epic dungeons I finally got enough (4) Enchantment Shards to make a special enchantment, Lightning I believe. These are not the same as the regular stat Enchants, they have special abilities which aren't listed, I assume, until you fuse them.

Well, I go to fuse my 4 Shard of Lightning Enchantment only to discover there is a whopping 1% rate of success. So, essentially, unless you buy a magical insta fuse stone for US Dollars, there is basically no way to get an enchant.

I've got probably 10 different kinds of these enchantments filling up my valuable bag slots and none of them is worth a lick unless I fork over $$ to fuse them.

I'm not hoisting the P2W flag just for this particular issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't a very undesirable issue that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Post edited by yult on

Comments

• yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xristanax wrote: »
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house
    Are you daft? Look at the title under my name.
  • redwardg86redwardg86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

^^^ /Thread ^^^
  • sanduvalsanduval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yult wrote: »
    Are you daft? Look at the title under my name.

Watch out..the Cash shop fanboys are hungry due to downtime..
  • audaciousjoeaudaciousjoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Why is it that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like this ^ dont seem to understand that a F2P game CAN HAVE ****TY BUSINESS PRACTICES! If everything on the market cost 50 thousand dollars would you still be saying the same stupid garbage?
  • sanduvalsanduval Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes they will...and it will be in this thread..
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was afraid that this would be the case. Seeing that 95% success rate on the Rank 1's was a bad sign of things to come.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you got 10 of them, you could sell just 2 of them on the AH and raise enough money to get that 1k Zen at the current AD to Zen ratio.
  • courtseecourtsee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't wanna pay?

Cool, there's this neat system in place where you can trade AD for Zen!

Don't wanna farm AD for Zen?

Then quit moaning about something you aren't willing to do anything about. The option is there. Whether you take it or not is up to you. If you choose not to then you have no place to moan about it.
  • yultyult Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    sanduval wrote: »
    Watch out..the Cash shop fanboys are hungry due to downtime..

I'm a cash shop fanboy, yet I'm criticizing the cash shop in this thread I just started. /troll
    edited May 2013
    If you got 10 of them, you could sell just 2 of them on the AH and raise enough money to get that 1k Zen at the current AD to Zen ratio.
    I have plenty of AD already from selling things and I might do just that. The abundance of AD around right now won't be around forever.

In any case, I think it's perfectly relevant to let people know about this issue that doesn't reveal itself until you've been stomping around in the endgame for a bit. And I doubt most people will be pleased by it. It's a lot like lockboxes (which I don't mind), except that instead of taking up 1 slot in your inventory, they take up a dozen.

Whatever. I'm not that upset about it. But now you all know. Do with that knowledge what you will.
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a cash shop fanboy, yet I'm criticizing the cash shop in this thread I just started. /troll

Should know better than to try to criticize on the main forums. Its obviously bull****, but there wont be anyone here with the IQ to understand exactly why. F2P can be done right, forcing you to buy wards on a 1% fuse chance is not the way to do it. Fanboys and moaners aside, terrible blocks that force you into paying cash make for terrible gameplay. This is where pay to win starts to factor in the equation.
    10mr4gl.png
    edited May 2013
    taylorfest wrote: »
    Should know better than to try to criticize on the main forums. Its obviously bull****, but there wont be anyone here with the IQ to understand exactly why. F2P can be done right, forcing you to buy wards on a 1% fuse chance is not the way to do it. Fanboys and moaners aside, terrible blocks that force you into paying cash make for terrible gameplay. This is where pay to win starts to factor in the equation.
    You're right, I should know better, but still thought this was important enough of an issue to raise here.

For all the supposed vitriol against this game on the forums, there is easily as much against those who have any kind of criticism of the game. I'd say the ones offering criticisms are a lot less hostile than the ones shooting them down with constant personal attacks.
  • stereoblindxstereoblindx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 246 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So it's 1k Zen for these? And how many gear slots do we have? I forget and obviously can't login to check. Gateway's down as well.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just thought I'd let everyone know about this. After 3 days of farming lvl 60 epic dungeons I finally got enough (4) Enchantment Shards to make a special enchantment, Lightning I believe. These are not the same as the regular stat Enchants, they have special abilities which aren't listed, I assume, until you fuse them.

Well, I go to fuse my 4 Shard of Lightning Enchantment only to discover there is a whopping 1% rate of success. So, essentially, unless you buy a magical insta fuse stone for US Dollars, there is basically no way to get an enchant.

I've got probably 10 different kinds of these enchantments filling up my valuable bag slots and none of them is worth a lick unless I fork over $$ to fuse them.

I'm not hoisting the P2W flag just for this particular issue, but that doesn't mean it isn't a very undesirable issue that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks for the information.
  • taylorfesttaylorfest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're right, I should know better, but still thought this was important enough of an issue to raise here.

For all the supposed vitriol against this game on the forums, there is easily as much against those who have any kind of criticism of the game. I'd say the ones offering criticisms are a lot less hostile than the ones shooting them down with constant personal attacks.

This is how the official forums for any MMO, hell any game for that matter, always is. For every one person who is intelligent enough to debate issues properly, there are five more who make it their personal goal to appear moronic and derail to the point of no return.
    So it's 1k Zen for these? And how many gear slots do we have? I forget and obviously can't login to check. Gateway's down as well.

Too many slots for this to be acceptable.
    10mr4gl.png
    edited May 2013
    Head, Armor, Hands, Feet, Neck, Ring, Ring, Belt, Off, Main?

There is no guarantee that these are better than normal (Silver, Dark, Azure, Radiant) stones, though I must assume that they will be better since they are so costly to make and only come from epic dungeons. But yeah, what you are getting at is an important point. The cost is just for one fuse, and there are 10 item slots, not to mention the AD cost to unslot it when you get new gear.
  • morgensteinnmorgensteinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That`s pretty messed up, but is it just a colour effect? or does the enchantment have stats? If its just a glowing effect than I understand, but the pricing of 10$ is still to much, because if you find a better weapon, you have to spend another 10$ just to get the glow?

I`m sure if they made it 2-4 $ they would make way more money off em.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013

For those kinds of enchantments, only 2, which is the weapon for weapon enchantment and the chest piece for the armor enchantment, which means $20 for 2k Zen.
  • deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    id settle to just be able to play the game even if it was p2w lol...sad huh
  • mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This, people aren't realizing you can trade them back and forth. Made a bit of money buying the item, AH, ad->zen, repeat.
    edited May 2013
    Head, Armor, Hands, Feet, Neck, Ring, Ring, Belt, Off, Main?

There is no guarantee that these are better than normal (Silver, Dark, Azure, Radiant) stones, though I must assume that they will be better since they are so costly to make and only come from epic dungeons. But yeah, what you are getting at is an important point. The cost is just for one fuse, and there are 10 item slots, not to mention the AD cost to unslot it when you get new gear.

So in theory we're looking at give or take, $100 to enchant your set of gear? Assuming these are min/maxers we're talking about.
    edited May 2013
    For those kinds of enchantments, only 2, which is the weapon and chest piece, which means $20 for 2k Zen.
    Do these turn into the purple weapon ones when fused? I was under the impression they went in regular slots. The Shards themselves give no indication, and they are blue quality items, not purple like the existing weapon enchants from lockboxes. I'm assuming you fused some yourself or saw someone else with them to get this info?
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment.
  • duckoquackduckoquack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do people expect free games to just magically run. The company that made this fun game needs to make money somehow, or there wouldn't be a game at all. If you consider your enchantments as a one time expenditure, I'd wager you still pay less money on this game than you would a sub-mmo.
    edited May 2013
    Do these turn into the purple weapon ones when fused? I was under the impression they went in regular slots. The Shards themselves give no indication, and they are blue quality items, not purple like the existing weapon enchants from lockboxes. I'm assuming you fused some yourself or saw someone else with them to get this info?

There's runestones and enchantments. Runestones are the ones that give stuff like +100 crit or +100 power, stuff like that, and then there's enchantments, which only go into the chest piece if it's an armor enchantment, or to your weapon if it's a weapon enchantment.

I have 3 Rank 8 runestones that give me +220 crit, and an armor and weapon enchantment that are Greater enchantments on my weapon and chest piece.

Yes, being rich has its benefits, but I understand why people get mad at these sorts of things, considering most people aren't.
  • aetherchargeaethercharge Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 359 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

The shards turn into purple enchantments for the weapon or armor specific type slots. You need 64 shards and 21 blue wards to complete the process.
  • lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People need to stop being asshats about this... look we get it you have no life, and sit with your mommys wallet and can buy everything you want...some of us dont have that luxary. I dont mind buying things off the item shop...heck i'm pretty willing to throw money at a game i love... but i just ran numbers on what would take to get ONE character started...basic items a companion and mount wanna know what i came up with?

Around 100 dollars USD

Thats just BASIC items... BASIC stuff bags, a companion and a mount...

I dont know about the rest of you but it bothers me that i am expected to drop so much for basic items...
  • mokomiimokomii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For those kinds of enchantments, only 2, which is the weapon for weapon enchantment and the chest piece for the armor enchantment, which means $20 for 2k Zen.
    at max, dropping raipidly due to players coming in with zero AD, that is 2,000x500=1mil AD.
    This is dealing with the worst trade possible and for the best enchant there is (counter argument is that you need one for each peice of gear for the best of the best).
    also you can get this item from 7 celestial tokens. The one that only stacks up to 7. It will always have the one that saves the enchant or the one that guarantee it. With me being an altoholic, in I'm about to gain 3. that is 3 a week, for the best
    enchant there is.
    In reality i'm going to sell it ad-zen them and make it and go about my day.
    edited May 2013
    duckoquack wrote: »
    How do people expect free games to just magically run. The company that made this fun game needs to make money somehow, or there wouldn't be a game at all. If you consider your enchantments as a one time expenditure, I'd wager you still pay less money on this game than you would a sub-mmo.

Money can be made in ways that aren't detrimental to game play. Get out.
    10mr4gl.png
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Well, at the worst possible exchange rate (if you want to get Zen), this is just one million AD. Considering that people successfully sell purple dungeon gear at 10-100k a piece currently, it is feasible to get those without paying any money. In the other PWE games with an identical exchange system, the rate stabilized at 150:1 and below, so 2000 Zen will eventually equal only 300k AD or less. (The AH auctions will sell for less then, but the value of the ADs from daily quests increases.)

There's just still too many ADs floating around right now, but the total probably decreases every day (yesterday we were down to 480:1, from 500:1).
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!