test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue is 'still' too over-powered~

ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
Before most of you (yes, most; since a good portion of players are TR's) try to rip me from limb to limb, allow me to clarify.

First things first, I play a CW.
I'm fully aware that my class really isn't designed to put out hefty dps, as well as the fact that I'm squishy to say the least.
Although whether it be in PvE or PvP, the Rogues do a tremendous output of dps, with really no cons at all.
It most cases in PvE, the players to top the dps table, are rogues.
In PvP, they can light you up in seconds.

Whether it be their abilities that can literally take away 40% of your HP, or the ability to 'silence' you; they are virtually unstoppable.
I've seen a single Rogue take on two GWF and rip them apart in under 20 seconds.
Like I had stated, they usually have the upper hand in PvE in terms of DPS,
but in PvP they can take down any class like it's nothing.

I can now understand why they're so popular in the community.
Simply because they own everything.
I hardly see balance with them in comparison to the other available classes.

[Also, let me just add that I don't really appreciate any rude comments or malcontent. I'm just voicing my opinion, and I would like the thread to stay open for discussion; any demeaning remarks can taint this thread and subject it to violations within the forum agreements. So please. If you know you're about to rage, take it elsewhere. Keep in mind that negative things are better left unsaid.]
lunapic_136818015258135_1.gif
Post edited by ayamata on

Comments

• Options
    fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Use your skills you have and with team work it won't be like that. Sorry but it can't be nerf anymore or shouldn't be they fine as is .
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
  • Options
    lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    You're a CW complaining about getting killed in PvP?

Played right, wizards are untouchable. If there's a melee class getting close enough to hit you then something is wrong (unless you're getting stealth jumped every time).
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
  • Options
    diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My main problem with TR is in PvP and that damned silence ability they have. I don't play TR so I don't know what it's called but it's like a 5 second silence maybe where you can't cast or dodge which is basically a death sentence.
  • Options
    shock4ndaweshock4ndawe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know, I was playing in PvP and this CW was owning me constantly. I killed him twice, but all five of my deaths were because of him.

I agree that we're OP in PvE. I mean, I can basically DPS tank any of the dungeons up until the Mad Dragon, but in PvP I think we're quite balanced. The other classes(with the exception of the CW) just need to be buffed.
  • Options
    ayamataayamata Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 290 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    You're a CW complaining about getting killed in PvP?

Played right, wizards are untouchable. If there's a melee class getting close enough to hit you then something is wrong (unless you're getting stealth jumped every time).

I'm pretty good with keeping them at bay; most classes, in that case.
    It's that stealth jump and silence thing they do.
    It's crazy.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    My main problem with TR is in PvP and that damned silence ability they have. I don't play TR so I don't know what it's called but it's like a 5 second silence maybe where you can't cast or dodge which is basically a death sentence.

YES. that ability.
    & it seems like the CD for it is like 5 seconds or something. (Probably not, but sure does feel like it.)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I don't know, I was playing in PvP and this CW was owning me constantly. I killed him twice, but all five of my deaths were because of him.

I agree that we're OP in PvE. I mean, I can basically DPS tank any of the dungeons up until the Mad Dragon, but in PvP I think we're quite balanced. The other classes(with the exception of the CW) just need to be buffed.

I can 1v1 a Rogue no problem, but man.
    If he gets the jump on me, it's over. Lol.
  • Options
    forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TR should be high burst damage not high overall damage

they should even out in a dungeon with CWs and GWFs, and clerics should be able to either dps or offtank - not both, in addition to their healing - if at all

currently rogues top damage charts like nobodies business, GWFs do less damage than GFs. CWs are fine imo.
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yet another PVP playing CW, complaining about ONE class that gives you trouble, and proclaiming it OP. As if every class needs to be weak to yours. What about all the other classes you steamroll? Are CW's OP, because only one class in the game gives you trouble?

Rogues are the only DPS class in the game right now. They are the only Striker. So yes, they do the most damage. They also take a ton of damage, and have little to no other options for party contribution/utility.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    shock4ndaweshock4ndawe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ayamata wrote: »

That's how it should be with a Rogue, though. We are ambushers, after all.
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    Use your skills you have and with team work it won't be like that. Sorry but it can't be nerf anymore or shouldn't be they fine as is .

Use team work to defeat a single rogue? Thats not balance. Why not have rogues play like rogues, they shouldnt be bullrushing fighters ever.
  • Options
    raal1raal1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nevermind...
  • Options
    idontcomehereidontcomehere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I've heard 3 times now that Rogues can fight face to fight with multiple people, rogue jumps on a target and rips into them and everyone else cant kill the rogue before the rogue kills its target. What is the actual difference in HP? I know in BW3 difference in hp between my GWF and a rogue was pitifully small. If its like 20% less hp and armor then its not enough for a class with stealth and a REAL dodge.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    That's the thing.
    EVERY class has some sort of offensive;
    It's just Rogues blow DPS out of the water.

Yeah they take a fair amount of damage due to their armor class,
    but when it comes to their evasion methods and crazy DPS and silence skills, they're just too OP.
    [I have the term "op" but that's really the only way to put it.]

I'm not directly asking them to be nerfed,
    just how about balancing out the other classes a bit to keep up somewhat.
  • Options
    gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It seems the problem with rogues is they can take on EVERYOne, head on, and generally come out on top.

Rogue vs CW, Rogue wins.
    Rogue vs GWF,Rogue wins.
    Rogue vs Guardian, Rogue wins.

There needs to be a counter to the class, one class counters this class, counters another, etc.

Rogues shouldn't be toe to toe in melee vs GWF or such and winning that exchange. If they don't get the surprise backstab they should not have the upperhand in a fight.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I bet if rogues were made to be squishier, they'd be forced to use Stealth defensively more often. Do you see them using stealth offensively or defensively more ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Everything about your post is incorrect. EVERYTHING. Like, even small things like their class, and gender, and you probably got your OWN NAME WRONG, because you're going for some kind of incorrectness-combo multiplier or something.

LOL. Thank you !
    [Also, read what I posted above, lmao]
  • Options
    kizascekizasce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Game hasn't been even launched any people crying over class doing and acting like it was meant to be..Where is the logic in that 1? so by your logic u are allready fully geared and over with eng game content so u know how each classes(even unreleased ones) have dmg and how they do and all rright? u have all classes max lvl? i mean,why do u people constantly crying over dumb things..GAME hasnt even been released and u want nerf..get a grip man
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kizasce wrote: »
    Game hasn't been even launched any people crying over class doing and acting like it was meant to be..Where is the logic in that 1? so by your logic u are allready fully geared and over with eng game content so u know how each classes(even unreleased ones) have dmg and how they do and all rright? u have all classes max lvl? i mean,why do u people constantly crying over dumb things..GAME hasnt even been released and u want nerf..get a grip man

And your logic is that this will be the first MMO-RPG in history to launch with balanced and completed classes ? I'm just curious, anyone here know if WoW has stopped patching any of their current classes ? People experience things in game, voice their opinion, get community feedback, they should TRY to make it constructive. No one should be saying everything is fine at launch, ever, and rogues are ALWAYS a tricky class. So if you have experience, just list some pro's and con's of the classes, something you feel would add WEIGHT to the discussion, because hot air does not.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Who care what you posted. You posted on an open forum, if you cannot handle it then don't make posts. TR are fine the way they are just learn to play your class, seriously. This is also coming from a level 60 CW....thanks.
    *~Ezenkrul Kor'hedron -Drow Sorcerer~* **on hold**
    *~Serixil Kor'hedron- Drow Trickster~*
  • Options
    kizascekizasce Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    HOW DO U KNOW THAT THAT IS IMBALLANCED? its ONLY STRIKER in the gamee right now,did u compare them with upcomming ones? Did u? u know how TR is vs Warlock DD wise? no? yes? they nerf now..comes warlock and what? TR has to be dmg dealer and its nerfed..then Warlock op thn lets nerf him? ?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    kizasce wrote: »

Oh please.
    Get over yourself.

The point of forums is to discuss.
    Even this particular area is to discuss Classes.
    NOW is when these things should ultimately be discussed BECAUSE the game HASN'T been released.
    Better to get things right now, before going in too deep.

Take your belligerent comments elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Who care what you posted. You posted on an open forum, if you cannot handle it then don't make posts. TR are fine the way they are just learn to play your class, seriously. This is also coming from a level 60 CW....thanks.

I can handle the responses quite fine, actually.
    It's the lack of respect and unnecessary confrontation that I don't appreciate.

Also, I play my class pretty well.
    & oh you're 60? Gratz.
    Here's a cookie.
  • Options
    dboss777dboss777 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 37
    edited April 2013
    CW's can't do much if they're opened on by a rogue who knows how to daze only while stealthed so the cw can't dodge it and doesn't blow his shadowstep too early and get kited.

That being said, a CW will obliterate a rogue if the cw opens on him out of stealth and at range. Two extremes but you get my drift.
  • Options
    gaymer87gaymer87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 291 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    I can handle the responses quite fine, actually.
    It's the lack of respect and unnecessary confrontation that I don't appreciate.

Also, I play my class pretty well.
    & oh you're 60? Gratz.
    Here's a cookie.

Then don't seem so affected by it sweetheart.
    I don't need a cookie hitting max level is like taking a shower. The point is that I see no problem and I am at end game. I know how to play my class. Sometimes I lose, sometimes I don't. Maybe eaach class needs some tweaks, but there are so many posts and comments about TR being overpowered and it just...gets old. Discuss it with facts, examples, screenshots and if there are problems to it.......post a solution. This wasn't a discussion post, this was a cry and demand post.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dboss777 wrote: »
    CW's can't do much if they're opened on by a rogue who knows how to daze only while stealthed so the cw can't dodge it and doesn't blow his shadowstep too early and get kited.

That being said, a CW will obliterate a rogue if the cw opens on him out of stealth and at range. Two extremes but you get my drift.

Isnt that a 'rinse and repeat' situation? Rogue fails initiation, so he runs/stealths and try's again when cooldowns are off ? My biggest concern is im hearing that a rogue can kill a GWF before two GWF's can kill him, they just sound extremely durable for a class with a dodge and stealth. But i havnt heard the actual hp/defense numbers yet. Plus, Stealth is amazing for a capture game style, they could literally not be able to 1v1 any class and STILL be good in pvp because its objective based. Thats what i liked about GW2, not everyone was a kill*****.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    dboss777 wrote: »

Exactly. If a rogue catches you first, youre dead and if you catch the rogue first he is dead....if not well then that's you showing how bad you are in my opinion. A TR would be overpowered IF......you got the jump on the rogue during a 1v1 and he still killed you quickly majority of the time, but also gear and playstyle and skill possibly come into play.
  • Options
    fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

What?

It should be that way.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gaymer87 wrote: »
    Exactly. If a rogue catches you first, youre dead and if you catch the rogue first he is dead....if not well then that's you showing how bad you are in my opinion. A TR would be overpowered IF......you got the jump on the rogue during a 1v1 and he still killed you quickly majority of the time, but also gear and playstyle and skill possibly come into play.

That sounds boring and the opposite of what an action/skill game is supposed to be, Rogue has a lot more at his disposal than just damage, he has unique luxuries. Hell, can anyone besides a TR even get the jump on another TR, where they COULDNT stun you/stealth out of it ? They get total freedom on the field to pick and choose, i think their upfront damage is a bit too high, and combat advantage positioning should be more important for the role. I've just been watching every PvP video on youtube and it seems consistent that a rogue can kill whoever he wants and you cant pull them off, they'll simply kill their target before you can kill them.
  • Options
    rystar9999rystar9999 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rather than Nerf TR, Improve the other Classes so they are better at pvp no?