test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Am I the only one who is blown away?

Comments

• diablomuertodiablomuerto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adenhart wrote: »
    These forums seem to be filled with negativity... most of which is from spoiled entitled children complaining just to complain.

I'm blown away by the game, and not just the gameplay, but the F2P model they are using. I have played all the major F2P games, and without a doubt this has the least money gating of any thusfar. I would compare it to GW2, a game which you had to purchase at full price to gain access to.

People are actually complaining that lock boxes drop that you have to spend real money to open? The game gives you things you can OPTION to spend money on, and isn't necessary at all. Zone chat seems to be nonstop whining about a mount that costs $40 when you can buy a mount for next to no ingame currency.

Just stop projecting your ideas of how you want to play on us. Some of us are playing the game, spending money and having a blast. If you don't want to buy optional mounts and optional lock box keys then don't. Stop acting like we're ruining your gaming experience because we don't have a problem supporting the games we like.

I would say the surprising thing is that any of that surprise you. I can't really think of any recent MMO's where there wasn't always a vocal group hating on the game for some reason. Simple fact of life is you can't please everyone and in this particular industry the people you can't please are always very vocal about it. At it's height WoW had over 10 million subscribers, very successful by any measure yet you will find no shortage of people that will hate on that game.

That said I am enjoying Neverwinter though i still feel compared to Tera the combat in Neverwinter does not hold up. Neverwinter's is prettier to look at, the spell effects and what not but Tera's combat simply feels more fluid and visceral and the boss fights are certainly more challenging. Neverwinter holds your hand too much with the giant red warnings and the barely challenging fights.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    These forums seem to be filled with negativity... most of which is from spoiled entitled children complaining just to complain.

I'm blown away by the game, and not just the gameplay, but the F2P model they are using. I have played all the major F2P games, and without a doubt this has the least money gating of any thusfar. I would compare it to GW2, a game which you had to purchase at full price to gain access to.

People are actually complaining that lock boxes drop that you have to spend real money to open? The game gives you things you can OPTION to spend money on, and isn't necessary at all. Zone chat seems to be nonstop whining about a mount that costs $40 when you can buy a mount for next to no ingame currency.

Just stop projecting your ideas of how you want to play on us. Some of us are playing the game, spending money and having a blast. If you don't want to buy optional mounts and optional lock box keys then don't. Stop acting like we're ruining your gaming experience because we don't have a problem supporting the games we like.

Have you not spent much time on message boards or something? It is fairly calm here compared to what I have seen on other forums or during game launches. No sense getting worked up about it. You're going to blow a vessel over the next few days if you think it is bad currently.
  • caleshhcaleshh Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2013
    Regretfully came to the forums to search out something specific. I agree with the OP. Most forums have a bunch of idiots spreading there bull **** negativity. Either they think they know better and believe that everyone should think like them or they are envious of those with disposable income to play the game....which you really don't need for this game. Everything is obtainable without spending a dime. For the most part wait for a manual that ver zealous idiot will write or just spend some time and figure it out....good luck. These forum idiots
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know it's ironic when a rich kid who uses their daddy's money uses the word "entitled". :cool:
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • xantrisxantris Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's a fantastic game, especially for a f2p. I just hope they do a better job of expanding the endgame than they did with STO. F2p forums are always a cesspool of people who want to pay nothing and then have everything given to them for little effort in return
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Loving the game! I was hopeful I would, and I wasn't disappointed! One of the most enjoyable games I have played in more recent years. Glad that I didn't let the F2P label scare me off. :)
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    v1ctor2k wrote: »
    What are you talking about? Last time I checked GW2 launched as a B2P game...

No one forces you to spend 40€ on a Tier 3 mount or companion just like no one forces you to spend 2.000€ on a legendary weapon in GW2.

To play this game with even close to the features I have with GW2 I have to spend more than I spent on GW2.

How many posts do you see "its great for a f2p game"? Many right? That means, the poster thinks the game is inferior to a b2p/ p2p game but, you know that's ok because it is free.

No.

It is not free. This is not a charity.

The publishers chose a business model that they think will make them the most money. You have been duped to settle for mediocrity because it is "free".

The game stands on its own merits, all your white-knighting that "its so good considering it is f2p" actually is insulting to the game.

Just say what you think. Is it a good game? Or is it a bad game? Are there overpriced items with gambling elements to the cash shop? Are the character models <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>? Is the combat amazing?

I think it's awesome and will be playing it a lot. But one of its merits is definitely not the price- GW2 is much cheaper than this game.
  • vampstavampsta Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    1 more day till we can play, chill out bros. Do you even lift?
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    raist31 wrote: »
    I agree, I dont get how people can gripe so much when it cost them nothing to play or download. Quit whining and PLAY the game. I can see the the notifying of things that arent working properly, but the whining gets old I mist agree. Its like an XBOX live community in here at times lol.

I for one really enjoy the game and think they have done a pretty good job on it, and lets not forget, it is still in beta lol.

Except everyone playing right this minute, has literally spent $60 or $200.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    direcrow wrote: »
    Except everyone playing right this minute, has literally spent $60 or $200.

Yes, but that was an optional choice. It wasn't required in any way. Sure, it is tempting to believe that because I spent $260 on the packs (actually, $350 since that was in Euro), plus quite a bit extra on Zen and keys, I somehow should be "more" listened to than free players. But that isn't really a good way of thinking and misses the point of F2P games. It's good that we can't buy "influence".
  • askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I get blown away by people jumping to conclusions like claiming someone is a spoiled child when they have absolutely no idea what-so-ever. I think these whiny holier-than-thou posts are worse.
  • kang5052kang5052 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    we love you man
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I get blown away by people jumping to conclusions like claiming someone is a spoiled child when they have absolutely no idea what-so-ever. I think these whiny holier-than-thou posts are worse.

/agree.
  • thevlakathevlaka Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »
    Yes, but that was an optional choice. It wasn't required in any way. Sure, it is tempting to believe that because I spent $260 on the packs (actually, $350 since that was in Euro), plus quite a bit extra on Zen and keys, I somehow should be "more" listened to than free players. But that isn't really a good way of thinking and misses the point of F2P games. It's good that we can't buy "influence".

having three currencies in the game is idiotic.
    Should've just had AD and Zen or gold and Zen.
    You cant exchange gold for anything and the exchange rate b/w AD and zen is ludicrous.

GW2 sort of did it right with the f2p thing:
    1. You had gems or gold which could be exchanged with eachother. gold also bought you gear, allowed you to post on the auction house, respec and just felt like it had a purpose. NW fails at this. Everything is AD and gold is thrown to the side.
    2. Everything in NW is almost linked to AD/zen. Lockboxes requiring a purchase to open. Why not have the very rare chance keys dropping from mobs like they do in GW2? -_-
    3. i cbf writing anymore ;D
    edited April 2013
    thevlaka wrote: »
    You cant exchange gold for anything and the exchange rate b/w AD and zen is ludicrous.

The exchange rate is player-driven. The game supports anything from 50-500:1. It's only close to 500:1 now because all the founders got 600k to 2M Astral Diamonds, so the market is flooded. This will settle soon, especially with new players joining tomorrow who have no ADs to start with (and you cannot buy them directly). It's not a problem with the game, but one with the players. I bought up 12M in the past few days and may get another 3M, though I noticed that most of the night the exchange rate dropped slightly (485:1'ish). I much prefer supply/demand driven currencies than extremely inflationary toy money currencies like gold. It is more fun and it prevents gold farmers due to the AD daily limits and the inability to use bots to farm them.

Did GW2 go F2P? I paid $60 for the box in August.
  • direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imivo wrote: »

Just about everything you spend your money on is optional in some way. The point is, these people paid money, so as paying customers they have the right to complain. If you accept money, you're a business. Thus you open yourself up to feedback.

That's our right as a consumer. Its the backbone of capitalism. People will tell you what it will take for them to give you their hard earned (or easily earned, stolen whatever) money. If they feel like its not worth it, you either ignore them or make it more appealing, otherwise they go to your competitors.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • paragon33paragon33 Member Posts: 134 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    OP this will only be even more obvious because its f2p... The f2p players. (not us coming from p2p) are some of the nastiest crowds around :/ If u ever thought p2p players could get bad; u have seen nothing yet.
  • hanskisaragihanskisaragi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    People like to *****. This is pretty common on official forums.
  • silentiltmsilentiltm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 234 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013

Logic fail, (not the OP), but the whiners.

Farm AD, trade for Zen, buy Zen store mount. It is truly f2p. The freeload2play crowd are complaining they have to work to earn AD to get the mount. Nothing more. I have to work to earn money to buy Zen. Tell me how its fair they can use their free time to get it for free?
  • zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The higher level I get, the more fun I am having. Seriously, some of these fights, dungeons, and zones are freaking amazing.

Seriously, I am blown away at how well done they are. I kind of wish there were 100 levels instead of just 60.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Right now in the beta the game is really fun and the people are fairly nice. However to early to tell. The one big factor that no company can control is the player base.
  • plasmanzplasmanz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    paragon33 wrote: »
    OP this will only be even more obvious because its f2p... The f2p players. (not us coming from p2p) are some of the nastiest crowds around :/ If u ever thought p2p players could get bad; u have seen nothing yet.

lol so very true.

I was playing Aion when it went f2p and my god did the community go down hill fast. For some reason the BR f2pers were the worst.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Am I the only one who is blown away?
    Yes and no.

From the start I was pretty sure I wouldn't like the game much since it's not what I wanted from a Forgotten Realms MMO, but so far I'm really liking it more than I thought I would but I have only been playing for some hours so it's still too early to say.

I gave it a chance since it's Forgotten Realms and I just buy games in that setting no matter what, in fact I even bought a couple of games that I never even played (Temple of Elemental Evil and Pools of Radiance)
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • tttsssrrr1tttsssrrr1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't like the three (plus) currencies and the sixteen slot starting bank + Champions Online mod. system is a real kick to the nuts.

Other than that, I'm having fun.
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hehehehe you do not know negativity til you have experienced DIII and , to a much greater extent, Simcity 2013. The few mumbles here are peace and quiet. They even had death threats in the Simcity Forums and Terrorist threats......no jokes...as to whether they were real or just internet bullies is not my point..it is just plain peaceful here.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
  • jniebaumjniebaum Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Meh. The only things negative I could say about tha game (from what I played during BW3) is just these two things.

1 - It feels like I'm playing TERA with a DnD re-skin. Just alot less lag. (Again BW3 so limited player base prolly helped with that)
    2 - Its using 4ed DnD rules. (Me and my friends said it when we read the 4ed rules. If we wanted to play WoW. We'd play WoW, not a tabletop rendition with a DnD skin.)
  • dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    silentiltm wrote: »
    Logic fail, (not the OP), but the whiners.

Farm AD, trade for Zen, buy Zen store mount. It is truly f2p. The freeload2play crowd are complaining they have to work to earn AD to get the mount. Nothing more. I have to work to earn money to buy Zen. Tell me how its fair they can use their free time to get it for free?

at current exchange rates it takes two days of cap ad farming to buy one key. that's assuming you use your diamonds for NOTHING ELSE. not scrolls, not health stones, not buying or selling anything on the auction house, etc.
  • antonislakantonislak Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok the economic model pw has chosen for this game will cause endless debate... its not like POE or LOL, its a new term p2w /or/ grind forever. Wait till the new players (like me) enter today... u havent seen a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> yet.. u think this is negativity? u don't know what negativity is... wait untill ppl drop their epic lockboxes and pay a visit to the forums tomorrow and c what happens..

Now, i, would like to c this game SUCCEED, well but, microtransactions should be like "hey mate do u like the game? support it" u don't well its still f2p. That said this game could have been b2p, no sub and noone would arque but they didnt so lets c what happens.
  • lanzdownelanzdowne Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think its an awesome game.
    20.jpg
  • rhcpmikeyrhcpmikey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm also blown away by the game. I expected it to be fun, but it's far more enjoyable than i tought. I absolute love the conbatsystem. In other mmo's i try to avoid most of the pulls while questing, but in this game i just attack everything i see because it's so much fun. The pvp so far is also very enjoyable. Nothing new, but well done (even though there are some balance issues, but that can be fixed). The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fun and the free-to-play model is a lot better than other mmo's in the market. I'm impressed!
    Zironako - level 60 - control wizard
    Lucience - level 16 - trickster rogue
    Dragon server