test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rolling Need on items, not for your class?!

13»

Comments

• monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    Almost ever dungeon group today that I have done, I've seen just about every one rolling need on everything to put it on the auction house. It is so out of order when you are in a group an item drops for your class and some one takes it who cannot use it and blatantly announces that they are doing it for the auction house.

To top it off ignore does not stop you from getting grouped with these people again in the future.

Can we please have a improved loot system where only the class that can use such item can roll on it while in groups? This is becoming epidemic... Group dungeon I was just in great weapon fighter two handed weapon drops... rogue rolls needs and then when asked why, he casually reply's "Because I need AD".

I am playing a Cleric and have not been hurt by this yet due to lucky rolls, but its shocking to behold.

This has plagued the MMO community since DaoC. I havent had that issue yet. All the groups I have rolled with have been freaking pro at not doing that mess.
  • doradonwdoradonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lolabunnie wrote: »
    Wow...that really sucks. Makes you want to avoid pick up groups because it'd be a big waste of time. They should put a class restriction on the loot. If it's not for your class, you can NOT roll Need on it.

This. Cryptic should implement this asap.

I'm usually pretty laid back on loot rolls if I'm with a group of friends, but if I'm in a PUG or a random group, I'm wary of ninja's. I was watching this happen a lot yesterday and I would purposely hold my roll for the item till last just to see who rolled what. Why oh why is that finger wiggler needing on a warrior shield?!? What complicates the issue further is many items are unidentified. The game may tell you it's useable by your class, but once you identify it (say like a belt) you see that although your class could use it, it would be better for another class.
  • elecjesterelecjester Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The problem is there are too many whiners that feel that simply because they are in a group - they deserve X item simply because they want it.

There is three buttons you can click to roll for an item - Need, Greed, Pass - pick one and shut up.

EVERYONE has the same chance as you do to win the item, so all I read when I see these threads is "waaaah I don't have an unfair advantage to get every item I want, waaaaah, someone give me a hug!".

You want the item, roll NEED, if you don't - then why are you crying?

I've been playing MMO's since before they had these new fangled picture ma-bobs that moved and stuff and that's the way it's always been.

If you want different loot rules, run with a guild / group of friends and use your own rules. You public queue - then you have ZERO reason to whine.
  • grahammclaughlingrahammclaughlin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Best option I think, is to make a premade dungeon group, or rally up as many friends as you can, then your chances of facing this problem are small to none. :)
  • ramusofvaneramusofvane Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The solution is simple. If you roll Need, the item binds to you. There, it's done.

Just because you are a certain class doesn't give you exclusive rights to a particular piece of gear in perpetuity. You get the one you need (bound) and after that, you can roll greed like everyone else. Congrats, put that piece up on the AH and enjoy your diamonds. This will work for the majority of groups. The rest are filled with either the thoughtless or the grief-happy, and you are not going to retrain them short of electro-shock aversion therapy.

Arguing otherwise renders the categories meaningless. NW is a relatively fast paced MMO and frankly the little loot window breaks the immersion enough as it is. Do we really need to take a break in the action just to argue about imagined social contracts? Unless you happen to be grouped with friends, it is a waste of everyone's time.