test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Panther attack speed

Comments

• robman1978robman1978 Member Posts: 125 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    charezon wrote: »
    Fully agree. I sit with the same problem, by the time mcPanther attacks the mobs are already dead :(

Btw, I hope that is really the Panther's name, because it's awesome.
  • ceastaceasta Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Panther's combat is utterly abysmal.
  • drakedge2drakedge2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really is kinda sad, i miss my normal dog pet i had in BW4. Now i just use the cleric companion.
    8IxArUQf.jpg
    A story driven quest, with a fun and challenging amount of combat, that takes you into the world of Planescape, carefully hand crafted by me.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow 10 pages and no response...guess those of us that paid $200 don't sit high on the list of importance.
  • mkruzelmkruzel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wow 10 pages and no response...guess those of us that paid $200 don't sit high on the list of importance.

Well we got queue times that actually worked, but other than that I am starting to think the same thing. The Panther is pretty useless and I am very disappointed that my white striker does more damage and provides more support than my purple $200 one.
    edited May 2013
    Come on Cryptic. Can we please get a response?
  • futrixfutrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It sure would have been a good idea to allow the panther to be tested during the CBT. Some of these issues could have been fixed by now.
  • charezoncharezon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drakedge2 wrote: »
    It really is kinda sad, i miss my normal dog pet i had in BW4. Now i just use the cleric companion.

I've also resorted to using the Cleric, she's maxed at 15 (higher than my panther cause I hardly ever use it :( ).

Sadly, the Cleric's survivability in areas lvl35+ (for a GWF at least) becomes rather limited as she gets eaten for breakfast by most mobs if I don't hold aggro properly.

I'd also appreciate a response from Cryptic on the matter regarding panthers.
    Wizard.jpg
  • notdrizztnotdrizzt Member Posts: 123 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    10 pages and no official response. This is approaching Defiance fail territory, and we all know how well that turned out...

What do we have to do to get some sort of acknowledgement that there is a problem with this pet?
    futrix wrote: »
    It sure would have been a good idea to allow the panther to be tested during the CBT. Some of these issues could have been fixed by now.

Pretty sure they knew about it. The Panther was created post haste to give all of us Drizzt fans another incentive to buy.
    Cryptic's loss. I am talking more and more people out of getting the HOTN pack, and just buying a few bucks worth of Zen instead.
  • gsundered11gsundered11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yea. I was debating shelling out for this pack but the lack of Cryptic engagement with this problem keeps the credit card holstered.
    edited May 2013
    Yea. I was debating shelling out for this pack but the lack of Cryptic engagement with this problem keeps the credit card holstered.

You are doing the right thing. Honestly buy $80 worth of Zen and you will be better off than buying the $200 HOTN pack. MUCH better off.
    edited May 2013
    Any updates?
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    Any updates?

No and we will not get them. Why would they care? They already got the $200, no point in keeping us around. We are now simply froobs that were dumb enough to give them a huge down payment.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    Dear Cryptic/PWE I spent $200 for a pack which was supposed to include one of the few elite companions in the game. Yet I have gotten stuck with a kitten which spends more time licking itself than attacking.
    If as a low damage tank specced Guardian Fighter, I am able to kill mobs prior to the kitty even attacking, then something is broken.
    Please FIX IT.

Thank you.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sand1972 wrote: »
    Dear Cryptic/PWE I spent $200 for a pack which was supposed to include one of the few elite companions in the game. Yet I have gotten stuck with a kitten which spends more time licking itself than attacking.
    If as a low damage tank specced Guardian Fighter, I am able to kill mobs prior to the kitty even attacking, then something is broken.
    Please FIX IT.

Thank you.

Just stopping by to write something like this, but sand beat me to it :D Yeah, let's say that.

PWE and/or Cryptic. Please fix our Panther. I don't want one that licks itself and attacks air. I would like a pet I can actually count on.

Thank you!
  • shytbyrdshytbyrd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    I would love to take advantage of the Combat Advantage my pet panther is supposed to provide, but by the time he reacts the combat is over. Please fix the reaction time, or give us a voucher for a pet that actually works.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    shytbyrd wrote: »
    or give us a voucher for a pet that actually works.

Oh man that is a great idea. I would love the Rock pet I have seen people rocking in dungeons. It tanks, does damage, and actually has working AI.. Too bad it costs $30 from the Zen shop.
    edited May 2013
    That's an idea. But I doubt anything will happen.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am trying to patiently stick it out with the Pant'er and keep it gaining levels with me. I'm sure Cryptic has been quite busy immediately after launch...er, Open Beta. They've got more pressing networking/scalability/queue issues at the moment.

But, please, please let a dev give us a little tweak/patch to get us through.
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    I am trying to patiently stick it out with the Pant'er and keep it gaining levels with me. I'm sure Cryptic has been quite busy immediately after launch...er, Open Beta. They've got more pressing networking/scalability/queue issues at the moment.

Or at least let a dev tell us they know about this issue and are working on it.
  • sand1972sand1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    robman1978 wrote: »
    or at least let a dev tell us they know about this issue and are working on it.

^^^^^this^^^^^^
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    eldarth wrote: »

That's all I want as well. At least get rid of the terrible 10 second wait before it enters combat. Also the charge ability it has, it's about 5 seconds too long.

Please, please fix our Panther. Or give us a trade in option where we can trade the panther for any pet from the Zen store.
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys, any response whatsoever?
    edited May 2013
    shytbyrd wrote: »
    Please fix the reaction time, or give us a voucher for a pet that actually works.

That should be a very fast fix, but it's Cryptic. Don't expect anything. They were already bad before PWI, and now they are just awful.
  • lisau1974lisau1974 Member Posts: 100
    edited May 2013
    12 pages and no time to give us an answer, but hey at least they extended the money suck - I mean HOTN founder promotion.
    edited May 2013
    lisau1974 wrote: »
    12 pages and no time to give us an answer, but hey at least they extended the money suck - I mean HOTN founder promotion.

Odd how they have time to do that but not give an official response on the waste of a pet slot that is the Panther.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I put him away in favor of the free comp's you get at 15.

He looks cool but just sits there most of the time.

Sometimes I see him jump in the direction of a mob I killed last week.

But mostly he just sits there.

Mostly.
  • perkysaurusperkysaurus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I dropped my panther for the free hireling the panther looks cool but it is useless as a tank which is what i usually use it for. The basic hirelings are far more useful than the premium hireling.
    edited May 2013
    yarknarf wrote: »
    Yeah, I put him away in favor of the free comp's you get at 15.

He looks cool but just sits there most of the time.

Sometimes I see him jump in the direction of a mob I killed last week.

But mostly he just sits there.

Mostly.

They mostly come at night. Mostly.
  • goeegoee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I concur fully...the companions need a lot more polishing to make them useable.