test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Panther attack speed

Comments

• ydorvalydorval Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got the Hero pack and now after seeing the Non-Combat pet Panther I'm starting to regret not taking the 2nd pack instead to get the wolf :-(
  • toadoflickingtoadoflicking Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Man-at-arms seems to do more damage than my panther. :(

At the very least, he's eager to jump in and actually fight things, which is more than I can say for the panther. This thing really needs to be looked at.
  • nischananischana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please please look at it....this thing is soooo usefull...and i what to play with it cause its looks good
  • csilecsile Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Panther is so bad, i chanced to the free companion.. and love him...
  • kotlikotli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 577
    edited April 2013
    The problem is one the AI really bad and two the time between attacks is longer than the time posted.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nischana wrote: »
    ...and i want to play with it 'cause it looks good

Except that it sits like a panda bear. wtf.
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    eldarth wrote: »
    Except that it sits like a panda bear. wtf.

I noticed that also, I believe the wolf has the same animations.
  • tk8755tk8755 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I came here to see if perhaps I was using the panther completely wrong. Just doesn't seem to be a good companion at all. I tried sticking with the guy, but the Man at Arms has proven to be much more useful on the battlefield.
  • seitohseitoh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    In Beta weekend, I was using cold ray (for a split second, thus the spell not actually going off) and my companion (golem during BWs) would go and attack my target (before me). But they seem to have "fixed" this unfortunately. I tried to have my panther attack first like this, but it doesnt work. I have to attack first, and of course, all ennemies are dead before he attacks.

He's worthless, and I am thus using my Dire Wolf instead. Whimpyclaw McFail will not see the light of day unless they actually make him usefull.
  • iymalaiymala Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have also been using my Guardian Dire Wolf because the panther has such bad AI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tk8755 wrote: »
    I came here to see if perhaps I was using the panther completely wrong. Just doesn't seem to be a good companion at all. I tried sticking with the guy, but the Man at Arms has proven to be much more useful on the battlefield.

Case and point. A regular companion is doing more damage than a purple one!

Cryptic, any chance of an official response here?
  • isakongmingisakongming Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So many people saying the same thing, so lets keep this up on page one until it gets an official response.
  • seleen2seleen2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    As folks have noted, the panther is worthless the way he is now. Way too slow and stupid (things will be beating on me and he sits there). I switched to the Dire Wolf and he is a bit better but still not that great.

Definitely needs work for the pets and a /pet attack command is seriously needed.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think the panther accidently got shot by a tranq dart or something. He is so pathetic. To bad we cant sell him :p
    Even when he do attack I find him doing god awful damage. I think I could slingshot a wet noodle and do more damage then the panther. I find the cat/cleric to work out a lot better...so maybe they will get nerfed.
  • hokonosohokonoso Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    keep in mind the panthers lvl, it's most likely not even hitting anything when it does atk due to being 10+ lvls under everything else... at 25 my panther is finally lvl 15 and still does nothing but soaks dmg when i let it tank for a bit... oddly it does have twice my hp tho...
    What is democrazy? It is a government in which the ruling power is given to whoever is most skillful at directing the herd instincts of the largest masses of their most ignorant citizens.
    --Nom Anor
  • iamzelpexiamzelpex Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Panter needs buff!
  • xk27xk27 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, wolf > panther at this point.
    edited April 2013
    hokonoso wrote: »
    keep in mind the panthers lvl, it's most likely not even hitting anything when it does atk due to being 10+ lvls under everything else... at 25 my panther is finally lvl 15 and still does nothing but soaks dmg when i let it tank for a bit... oddly it does have twice my hp tho...

Umm...no. We got our panthers right out of the tutorial, I was level 12 when he was level 8. By the time I hit level 16 and got a free cleric my panther was almost level 11. Either way, he was having attack issues from the moment I got him and our levels were close. Worse yet, I just saw that we still cant train our free companions past level 15, training books are still not available. No way in hell im shelling out the massive amounts of cash they are asking for for their cash shop companions.
  • lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    xk27 wrote: »
    Yeah, wolf > panther at this point.

Actually ATM anything>Panther. Cryptic please can we get an official comment in this?
    edited April 2013
    iymala wrote: »
    Agree....the cat is very disappointing as it is. It takes entirely too long to engage an enemy thus making it useless for almost every encounter.

I just did a test vs 10 groups. I can do it vs more, but I am sure the result will be the same. The Panther kills about three times SLOWER than the free striker (dog) we can all get as one of our companions! Sometimes the Panther will even SIT there while I get hit.

This is kind of ridiculous, seeing how the Panther is an "exclusive" $200 item.

Go ahead and try it out for yourself guys. The free striker companions kills MUCH faster than the Panther, and has no weird AI issues that just cause him to sit there.

Come on Cryptic, please give us an official "we are investigating" this response. Please?
  • unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Panther is useless and I'd be better off getting ahold of another companion. As if it wasn't enough that I spent $200 for the founder's pack...
  • finalwinterfinalwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For an epic unique companion the panther is pretty bad. Please make the panther a little stronger because as of now it is utterly useless and very weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyloirgyloir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The dire wolf doesn't seem to be much better? Mine at least, as a wizard I open combat and it'll sit around a bit, untilt he mobs geat in almost melee range then it might get a hit in before they are dead.

We really need some basic pet controls (IE attack, follow, stay, aggressive, passive, etc).
  • synfoolasynfoola Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have to agree with the sentiment here.

I gave the panther some levels and some time. It's attacks are slow (often too late as the mob is already dead unless I'm on my guard and turtle-ing for the fun of it) and sometimes it just sits there in the middle of a fight right next to me just getting hit by an enemy's AoE.
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Didnt notice for the first couple levels as a CW most things never got in range. At level 18 now and it has been pretty glaring for a while now that the panthers first pounce attack is just slow to the point of useless. Picked up the dog and have beena little happier with him.

Have tried quite a few of the companions, the pather seems to be the worst, mostly based on that terrible first attack. After he actually decides to get in battle he does seem to attack, half the time its been over for a couple seconds by that point.
    Saved!
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    gyloir wrote: »
    We really need some basic pet controls (IE attack, follow, stay, aggressive, passive, etc).

That right there is the main issue. We need either this or AI that actually works.
  • nodozennodozen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by gyloir: We really need some basic pet controls (IE attack, follow, stay, aggressive, passive, etc).
    somebob wrote: »
    That right there is the main issue. We need either this or AI that actually works.

Any word from the Devs or Customer Support? This is pretty sad.
    edited April 2013
    nodozen wrote: »

Any word from the Devs or Customer Support? This is pretty sad.

Not so far (that I know of). But Cryptic (usually) does a good job communicating with players. I think they are just having a bit of fun seeing as how the soft launch went so well.
    edited April 2013
    Just giving this thread a well deserved nudge. Please, please make the Panther less useless. It's a really cool looking that I want to use in a groups, but can't due to every other companion I tried having better AI + damage output (which is sad for a striker pet).
  • mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When i saw the panther before i bought the pack i was not overly impressed and wanted the dire wolf. Later i found out you could get both hero and guardian so i could get the wolf. Neither is as good as my old honey badger. I do hope they will change the AI. Perhaps add a finishing move where the panther decapitates the target on the last pounce?