Options

remove ranged at will from rouges

warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited April 2013 in PvE Discussion
that skill do to much damage and makes them op
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Did someone kill you in pvp when you tried to run away? ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    they do more damage whit that ranged at will then ranged classes like cleric and cw :confused: ..and rogues having ranged is bad idea to
  • Options
    valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's damage isn't anywhere close to a CW and cleric is a heal class. Not to mention that it requires charges to use and I believe it can be used 10 times before having to recharge. ONTOP of that it only does consistent damage if one of the attacks is not deflected or dodged as far as I know. It only builds if the damage is consecutive. The skill doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to learn how to play your class.
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • Options
    rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    that skill do to much damage and makes them op

Not really. Well, not at all.

Rogues are a striker class, intended to deal significant damage. They're not very good at taking it, and this skill allows them to fulfill their primary role while getting slightly out of the line of fire.

As it is, they have already been significantly weakened in Beta Four due to people not understanding that the classes in D&D have fundamentally different roles from each other.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• Options
    valorofonevalorofone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The voice of reason hath spoken.
    Sympathy - That trickster that always kills you in PVP
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    of all the arguments about "X makes rogues OP" i've seen this weekend this has to be the most shallow.
  • Options
    inexistinexist Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please stop trying to get skills nerfed for PVP reasons. This is a PVE game. It's destroying PVE games for reasons that cater to less than 1% of the community.....ffs. Go play GW2. It's made for PVP.
  • Options
    roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    the nerftards realy need to get there own forum.
    /facepalm
  • Options
    bejita231bejita231 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Rogues having a ranged attack is stupid, take all ranged attacks away from rogue or nerf them, they are not a ranged class
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    bejita231 wrote: »
    Rogues having a ranged attack is stupid, take all ranged attacks away from rogue or nerf them, they are not a ranged class

yep and worse of all it stronger then ranged attacks of ranged classes
  • Options
    horsepophorsepop Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    yep and worse of all it stronger then ranged attacks of ranged classes
    You really have no idea what you are talking about ^^ it would be funny if it wasn't so sad
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    horsepop wrote: »
    You really have no idea what you are talking about ^^ it would be funny if it wasn't so sad

i dont? rogue do few time more damage whit his ranged then cw or cleric and he can stealth+jump on u +rogues are not ranged class
  • Options
    nec0enec0e Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i wouldn't call 1 mediocre ranged ability a ranged class.
  • Options
    erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Have you ever played a TR warpet?
    Because the ranged skill deals around 130 damage each hit normally (130*12 = 1560 total damage normally if you've got all 12 daggers to throw). The skill's cd is 3 seconds per dagger (36s total cd). the skill is ranged so CW and DC should have no problems controlling the rogue, since his feats are stealth and melee. More, TR has got melee skills which deal 790-1460 damage normally (more than 2000 if you crit and with TR critting is not that hard trust me) with 16s cd, and you say the ranged skill's damage is high? lol the basic level 1 autohit deals more damage...
  • Options
    cristiel2014cristiel2014 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes, rogues, as a striker class, do far too much damage. By extension, clerics heal far too much and hardly ever have to use potions.

Clearly, the only solution for balance is to make one class that everyone has to play. :p
  • Options
    arnathosarnathos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ok, let's just let it all out;

- clerics heals too much,
    - GF can absorb too much dmg,
    - Control wizards have too much cc,
    - dps rogues do too much dps
    - GWF, well, they are GWF....(never played one).

Any trend in my above statements? Rogues DPS ppl, the same goes for all the other classes do what they have been designed to do.

Get your panties out of your butt cracks ppl and live with it, learn to play your class and find a way to defeat the other classes be it rogue or anotyher class. Next thing we will see in the bloddy forums are claims that Sgt. Knox gives too much quests and he should be nerfed also.

How I hope these forums get wiped after head start. I would actually like the forums to be locked until then being all people seem to be able to do (aside fro the very few constructive threads) is complain....( I know, I am complaining about complainers).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would like to know where it is written TRs are melee only and can't have a ranged attack?
  • Options
    kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    arnathos wrote: »
    Ok, let's just let it all out;
    Next thing we will see in the bloddy forums are claims that Sgt. Knox gives too much quests and he should be nerfed also.

I literally laughed at this, but it is what I'm expecting in the future.
    But really, with every "XYZ is OP and needs to be nerfed!!" thread I see, I realize, little by little, that people don't want five different classes. They want one class with five different skins.
    itdude123 wrote: »
    I would like to know where it is written TRs are melee only and can't have a ranged attack?

Absolutely nowhere. Going by 4th edition rules (on which this game is loosely built) Rogues can use Daggers, hand crossbows, shurikens, slings and short swords.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kelomena wrote: »
    I literally laughed at this, but it is what I'm expecting in the future.
    But really, with every "XYZ is OP and needs to be nerfed!!" thread I see, I realize, little by little, that people don't want five different classes. They want one class with five different skins.

Nobody wants the classes to be the same. This is a legitimate complaint. I was honestly surprised when I realized how strong the TR at will ranged attack was. I asked myself, "Seriously? I can take off 30% of a players health in 4 seconds from range as a TR?" Sure, it was fun, but is it too strong? I think it is.

Maybe it scales very poorly and at 60 it barely does anything? I'm willing to wait and see, but below 40 it is too strong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    it's only powerful against poorly armored enemies, which means most notably opposing rogues. CW can out-range you and armored opponents take much less damage.

in pve the damage is barely relevant aside from trash mobs, the slot is better used for another atwill there.
  • Options
    vampirialvampirial Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah striker class rogues do more ranged damage than striker class ranged.....well they would since we don't have any ranged striker classes yet (archer ranger, warmage, warlock), cleric (healer) isn't ment to be top dps nor is control mages (control), and don't give me that we'll I want to play my cleric/mage as dps card or I will counter with I want to play my rogue as a ranged. Seriously wait until an actual ranged dps class arrives then complain if rogues do better (which they won't because one ranged attack doesn't do more dps than a lot of ranged attacks).

Also clerics heal more than my rogue can without pots and control mages are able to stun lock better they are op nerf them! /sarcasm Lol come on this is getting silly.
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    adozu wrote: »
    it's only powerful against poorly armored enemies, which means most notably opposing rogues. CW can out-range you and armored opponents take much less damage.

in pve the damage is barely relevant aside from trash mobs, the slot is better used for another atwill there.

Based on what you have typed, it shouldn't be a problem if it was removed and replaced with a melee range at will. Maybe some type of debuff attack.

It does great damage basically against every other class. I've seen it tear through the HPs of a plate scale wearing GWF.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonnarajonnara Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    Based on what you have typed, it shouldn't be a problem if it was removed and replaced with a melee range at will. Maybe some type of debuff attack.

It does great damage basically against every other class. I've seen it tear through the HPs of a plate scale wearing GWF.

Others here have point it out, the damage stacks if it keeps on hitting, a simple dodge breaks the damage stack.

Plus I don't even use it after level 30 as there is more powerful at will to replace it with.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jonnara wrote: »
    Others here have point it out, the damage stacks if it keeps on hitting, a simple dodge breaks the damage stack.

Plus I don't even use it after level 30 as there is more powerful at will to replace it with.

So you use your dodge to avoid the loss of a third of your HPs vs. a fifth. In return you are now vulnerable to deft-daze and lose half your HPs. No real downside to a rogue I guess. Believe me, it was fund destroying everyone in pvp, but I have more fun if it is challenging. Taking away the strongest ranged at will in the game would go a long way in accomplishing that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kelomenakelomena Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    Nobody wants the classes to be the same. This is a legitimate complaint. I was honestly surprised when I realized how strong the TR at will ranged attack was. I asked myself, "Seriously? I can take off 30% of a players health in 4 seconds from range as a TR?" Sure, it was fun, but is it too strong? I think it is.

Maybe it scales very poorly and at 60 it barely does anything? I'm willing to wait and see, but below 40 it is too strong.

The Rogue's melee at-wills do more damage than cloud of steel does, so it does beg a few important questions. Namely, what levels the people involved were, what kind of stats from gear they had, and whether or not the target had their back turned to the rogue.

The very little pvp I did, I reserved cloud of steel almost exclusively for fleeing targets, which of course meant I had combat advantage. And since the class is built around exploiting combat advantage, combined with the feats I had taken, it was a handy way to finish a target that had turned tail to run away.

Sure, they could remove it and give rogues a debuffing at-will. And I can practically guarantee that pvp-ers would take to the forum immediately to demand that it be nerfed/removed because rogues having the ability to apply a debuff is too "overpowered".
    jonnara wrote: »

This time a thousand. You can also turn to face the rogue throwing knives at you and break their combat advantage, further reducing the damage the skill does.
  • Options
    heathenhammer9heathenhammer9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    The only problem I see here are people who don't understand the whole idea of roles in D&D 4th edition. This isn't "insert random MMO here" where every class needs to be balanced to the point all of their damage is the same. Balancing should take place WITHIN EACH ROLE; i.e. strikers are balanced against other strikers, leaders are balanced against leaders, defenders against defenders, etc.

A striker ROGUE (not ROUGE) does more damage than a leader cleric or a controller wizard, because that's what they're supposed to do. When rogues start absorbing more damage than defenders or controlling better than wizards, then you have a legitimate reason to complain.

Stop trying to pigeonhole every class into the same damage requirements; that's not D&D. There are plenty of generic MMOs out there for you to play with if you want every class to be balanced around equal damage.
  • Options
    mrbuttflakesmrbuttflakes Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    horsepop wrote: »
    Did someone kill you in pvp when you tried to run away? ;)

^^ This all the way ROFL
  • Options
    doubledigglerdoublediggler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only problem I see here are people who don't understand the whole idea of roles in D&D 4th edition. This isn't "insert random MMO here" where every class needs to be balanced to the point all of their damage is the same. Balancing should take place WITHIN EACH ROLE; i.e. strikers are balanced against other strikers, leaders are balanced against leaders, defenders against defenders, etc.

Well said, Heathenhammer; this really hits at the heart of the matter. Comparing classes only works if you are comparing classes that serve the same role. In a few years, when we (hopefully) have several more classes filling each role, then this argument may have some merit.
  • Options
    selonwselonw Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 258
    edited April 2013
    Seriously PW should shut down all these rogue nerf posts..

Its already extremly easy to avoid rogue hits by moving, since all skills are stationary.

Why not remove every attackskill and let them wield a cussion that heals wizards and clerics when they hit them.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    selonw wrote: »
    Seriously PW should shut down all these rogue nerf posts..

Its already extremly easy to avoid rogue hits by moving, since all skills are stationary.

Why not remove every attackskill and let them wield a cussion that heals wizards and clerics when they hit them.

Which is why rogues have very high melee burst dps and control to make up for it.

As to shutting dissent down because you disagree with it, give me a break. This is feedback from someone who played a rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]