test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You should just make the game buy once play forever

Comments

• Options
    vampuricknightvampuricknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 40
    edited April 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    The *moment* they charge you for a class type (ie: warlock, spellsword, monk)... I want you to shove that foot in your mouth.

-edit- Im calling it right now, the first 2 (maybe 3) classes will be free (not like you're getting a full class anyway, just half of one...), but after that... better pay up chump.

Thats pure speculation. i could say the UN is going to impose an interenet tax on all items on the interenet maybe it will be a free tax on cheap stuff but after that your going to have to pay up big time. Sounds pretty silly doesn't it?

Lets not go saying the sky is falling before it actually falls shall we.
  • Options
    athanshadowathanshadow Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    amvek wrote: »
    I have said it before if you can't afford games for a PC perhaps gaming is not for you.

i totally disagree.outside of electric and internet bill,you can enjoy gaming now days without spending one cent.
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    I've got to say, though, the expectation that you can play a game for any length of time and not expect that there will any charge for anything you might decide you want is seriously ungrounded in reality. This game isn't made by volunteers in their spare time; it's made by a very large team of experienced professionals on a full-time basis. Where, exactly, did folks think the money to pay those people would come from? Puppies that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> currency?
  • Options
    elewyndylelewyndyl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nekki wrote: »
    i mean seriously. just pulla guild wars and make it a single 15-30 dollar buy in to just play the game. this whole "founders pack" stuff that games have been doing the last year is bull. so many games do it now. first time i saw it was mechwarrior. and it was dumb than. "pay us 200 dollars and get this stuff" .... seriously?... also what happened to people who preordered torchlight 2 getting a free in on the beta? i've gotten to play like 2 days last weekend and i preordered torchlight 2 last year on the dame preorders were availible. but because i did ot on steam "oh we're sorry you should have preordered with us. herp da derp." YOU SHOULD GIVE EVERYONE WHO PREORDERED THE SAME DEAL!!.. just seriously. the way free to play games are getting now days is dumb.. its not free to play.. its "lets fleece them atleast twice for money".

after this "beta weekend" bull and marvel heroes "OH HEY HERES YOUR BETA KEY!! YOU GET TO PLAY SATURDAY THE 30TH FROM 10 AM TO 6 PM!!!" super limited timed beta's and founder packs... all just seriously dumb.. and you people think the game breaking bugs will be found like this?
    What the <explicit>?! Guild Wars 2 is a horrible bad game! I rate Guild Wars 2 as 3/10 and even my casual brother was utterly disappointed with it! Guild Wars 2 cost something between 55-60 $!

Currently I rate(for free I tried Neverwinter in third Beta weekend) Neverwinter to 8.25/10 very good game! In time when they fix some bugs and add more classes, bigger battlegrounds and many months(maybe even a year) after release Raids this game has all the potential to become 9/10 classic or even better rated game!

I have not paid but I am not crying over those who pay or say it is pay to win! Yes they get better mounts and companions in the beginning! As it should be either you earn by playing or you buy!

Companions? I know that Celestial Companions are really powerful so in time even though Astral Diamond companions are better then those bought with gold nobody has succeeded to earn a Celestial companion in this game yet! On top of that at least in 5vs 5 PvP that I tried companions are disabled though you still can use mounts for faster movement.

Stop whining and go back to Guild Wars 2 or learn to accept Nevewinter for what it is. I am not poor, but currently after buying my second apartment I have a big apartment debt and I choose still to respect those who pay while I try to play this game for free!

Many characters? Yes that is good, but in the beginning I make one endgame character and keep deleting my other character so I can enjoy low-medium level Foundry adventures. Yes sooner or later I might want another max character and if I do not have enough ZEN then I can buy a character slot as should be. I have paid more then 500 euro for WOW and this game is much better then Guild Wars 2.
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...I personally wouldn't mind them charging for classes and races (after a few more are added)
    I don't have to buy them. If I buy them that's my choice.
    Hell I'd rather them monetize that than add in lockboxes *angry glare*

Although it is not a matter which affects me (I always play human race, and cleric which is a common class) - it will be very wrong if they charge for classes or content at this stage. I have never been a fan of marketing team of Neverwinter, but that will be kind of crossing the line. So if they do that, I would be handing out torches and pitchforks. But I m sure that cryptic is not capable of a blunder like that.

But charging for race - afaik, they never said races were free. Unless they explicitly say so, its fine if they charge for races. Though there is a belief that races are free, it is just that - a belief. So I don't mind if races are to be unlocked or something.

They have always said that lockboxes would be there - though they will listen to the feedback of users. I don't think including lockboxes is them breaking any promise. Its fair.

In the hindsight, its not really what is free or not. It is about not derailing from your vision and keeping your promises.

EDIT:
    Though I worry for Neverwinter's gameplay mechanics. They get repetitive and boring very soon. Apart from foundry there isn't much in terms of retention of players.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Although it is not a matter which affects me (I always play human race, and cleric which is a common class) - it will be very wrong if they charge for classes or content at this stage. I have never been a fan of marketing team of Neverwinter, but that will be kind of crossing the line. So if they do that, I would be handing out torches and pitchforks. But I m sure that cryptic is not capable of a blunder like that.

But charging for race - afaik, they never said races were free. Unless they explicitly say so, its fine if they charge for races. Though there is a belief that races are free, it is just that - a belief. So I don't mind if races are to be unlocked or something.

They have always said that lockboxes would be there - though they will listen to the feedback of users. I don't think including lockboxes is them breaking any promise. Its fair.

In the hindsight, its not really what is free or not. It is about not derailing from your vision and keeping your promises.

EDIT:
    Though I worry for Neverwinter's gameplay mechanics. They get repetitive and boring very soon. Apart from foundry there isn't much in terms of retention of players.
    I think classes will remain free though extra character slots cost. As for races if they would add one race that costs I really doubt it would be some super race better then the others. This is not DDO that had one buy super race.

Gameplay mechanics boring? I can not judge that I only played during one Beta Weekend the third. So far I love the gameplay, but how boring it is well usually creating a character that is much different helps. In other words if you only choose to play only with a human Cleric yes in time it might become boring for you. I played WOW with 3 max level characters and changing race/class helps.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, we always knew lockboxes would be included.
    But there isn't anything on this planet that would change my mind about their inclusion.

I, however, would gladly trade paying for future classes and races in return for the removal of lockboxes. But in any case I agree it's not a good idea at this stage I certainly don't mind it personally either here or in the future. It does not, in the least, bother me as long as they are reasonably priced.

I'm not saying I want it done. Just that it doesn't phase me in the least if it was to be done in the future.
    I expected to have to pay for classes and races. To be hearing at least Jack Emmert isn't planning on charging for them was a nice surprise but not one I would be upset about hearing changed (again after a few more are instated)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    elewyndyl wrote: »
    ...Gameplay mechanics boring? I can not judge that I only played during one Beta Weekend the third. So far I love the gameplay, but how boring it is well usually creating a character that is much different helps. In other words if you only choose to play only with a human Cleric yes in time it might become boring for you. I played WOW with 3 max level characters and changing race/class helps.

I am not saying it is boring. I am saying 'it gets boring soon' in terms of retention. Play a class or different classes a lot for 3 months and you will find the combat getting repetitive due to not much difference in strategy when using powers.
    So retention further down the line would be a great problem. And (requoting)
    Apart from foundry there isn't much in terms of retention of players.

The big question is, how will they retain the playerbase who is not into foundry(or not roleplayers) 6 months after the launch?

[And I have played all the classes quite a lot]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited April 2013
    The big question is, how will they retain the playerbase who is not into foundry(or not roleplayers) 6 months after the launch?

They won't, and it won't matter. How many D&D players play nothing but published modules? Hardly any, in my experience. You have to HAVE those published modules, to get people to try out your game, and you have to keep them coming to keep people interested and grounded in the lore, but D&D sells millions of dollars worth of core books, and far less copies of the modules. Most people out there playing D&D are making most of their own content. If all they wanted was published content, they wouldn't be playing D&D at all; they'd be playing other MMORPGs. PWE doesn't have to retain them, they're getting a new market here; the people who don't play WoW because they can't make their own content in it.

I'm not saying they're going to get a gigantic portion of that gigantic market; but they're going to get enough to sustain a good-sized development team, which is all we need. STO has 2 million players; Neverwinter only has to get 10% of that to be a big success in the MMORPG market. It'll likely be closer to STO's numbers than to 10% of them, if it doesn't actually exceed STO. I really believe the UGC focus of this game is exactly the missing ingredient for getting D&D players to cross over into MMOs.

Nobody's going to get WoW numbers without spending WoW money, but UGC fans will be sufficient for this game to sustain development, and that's all we as players need.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    They won't, and it won't matter. How many D&D players play nothing but published modules? Hardly any, in my experience. You have to HAVE those published modules, to get people to try out your game, and you have to keep them coming to keep people interested and grounded in the lore, but D&D sells millions of dollars worth of core books, and far less copies of the modules. Most people out there playing D&D are making most of their own content. If all they wanted was published content, they wouldn't be playing D&D at all; they'd be playing other MMORPGs. PWE doesn't have to retain them, they're getting a new market here; the people who don't play WoW because they can't make their own content in it.

I'm not saying they're going to get a gigantic portion of that gigantic market; but they're going to get enough to sustain a good-sized development team, which is all we need. STO has 2 million players; Neverwinter only has to get 10% of that to be a big success in the MMORPG market. It'll likely be closer to STO's numbers than to 10% of them, if it doesn't actually exceed STO. I really believe the UGC focus of this game is exactly the missing ingredient for getting D&D players to cross over into MMOs.

Nobody's going to get WoW numbers without spending WoW money, but UGC fans will be sufficient for this game to sustain development, and that's all we as players need.
    Dungeons Dragons is the biggest roleplaying game true.

That said you are slightly wrong. This game is not only for DD fans. Many want to try since it is marketed also as simple fantasy Action combat game. Speaking of popularity I am a WOW veteran. WOW has from year 2010 still unbeaten record of 12 million active players.

This game is not going to be a WOW killer. That said rest assured there will be endgame in this game! Developers have confirmed they already have started creating Raids. Mark my words if Neverwinter is released Q2 2013 I would guess that by Q2 2014 we will have raids. Yes foundry is good. However no way will foundry be the key to get best items though yes you should get quite good items and reach max level through Foundry.
  • Options
    sallee132sallee132 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    why people even complain about beta keys,playing CB is just testing the game,its stupid to play it in long term cause u lose your characters.Open Beta never takes long after CB
  • Options
    tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ichbin wrote: »
    Why do this the respectful, dignified, & caring way, when they could just try to squeeze as much money out of their moneybags w/ legs (customers) as they can.

Arenanet = Artists

Cryptic = Greedy f*cks.

Yeah, **** that greedy cryptic! How dare they Let us play a game for free! I mean come on, letting everyone play every class and every race as well as 100% of the content for free is the biggest pile of greedy cr*p I have every heard. How dare they! And where the hell is my free Alienware Computer? OMG, They are refusing to pay my internet and electric bills too!! And on top of all that, they are going to make me level my own character! I want a level 60 wizard NOW!!! With 500 million AD and 100,000 ZEN, and don't skimp out on all the purple gear!! If you don't gimmie all that, I'm going to tell all my friends how terrible this company is! Don't think I am joking, I will CAPS-LOCK your *** if you make me!

/em sarcasm off

Tiko
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    syberghost wrote: »

Anyone who played DDO and was there before it went f2p, can tell you that it is a wrong strategy. The number of D&D players are not enough for sustainability of the game.

The players for this game should be inclusive of all, not just D&D players.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Anyone who played DDO and was there before it went f2p, can tell you that it is a wrong strategy. The number of D&D players are not enough for sustainability of the game.

The players for this game should be inclusive of all, not just D&D players.

DDO missed the point of D&D entirely, and as a result has never appealed to the majority of D&D players. It therefore competed directly with other fantasy MMOs for the exact same audience, on fraction of the budget of the leaders. DDO thought D&D was about the rules; even TSR never thought that, from day one.

Action MMO is not the point of this game; oh, it lets it appeal to a different crowd than the WoW/DDO/LotRO/Rift crowd, but it's not the core point. If it was, they wouldn't have introduced RaiderZ into North America in such close proximity. The point of this game is the UGC, and that is the core of D&D. Action MMO is just what facilitates people who aren't already playing MMOs coming into this and being able to pick it up and enjoy it. When you combine those things, you have something truly special.

UGC is why Neverwinter Nights attracted so many D&D players who weren't otherwise gamers; it's why Neverwinter will do the same with D&D players who aren't otherwise MMO players.
  • Options
    ivca115ivca115 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dude, no offense but, you ve already paid 200 bucks and you probably did it so early not knowing how the game is gonna look like in the end, and not to mention that 200 bucks is bunch of money to give in advance for a game and all AAA games cost 60bucks max when they are out. i for myself will not gonna give a cent for games that have title in themselves "free to play". im staying with the guy that made this topic and i say too, its would ve been nice if it was pay once and play for free after that.
    seriously i got ultra frustrated with that Hero of The North package... i ve never seen anywhere in my life that some company asks you to pay 200$ in advance before you even felt the game... dont call me hater but this just... doesnt... feel... right...
  • Options
    tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    ivca115 wrote: »
    dude, no offense but, you ve already paid 200 bucks and you probably did it so early not knowing how the game is gonna look like in the end, and not to mention that 200 bucks is bunch of money to give in advance for a game and all AAA games cost 60bucks max when they are out. i for myself will not gonna give a cent for games that have title in themselves "free to play". im staying with the guy that made this topic and i say too, its would ve been nice if it was pay once and play for free after that.
    seriously i got ultra frustrated with that Hero of The North package... i ve never seen anywhere in my life that some company asks you to pay 200$ in advance before you even felt the game... dont call me hater but this just... doesnt... feel... right...

No one at any time from Cryptic/PWE or anyone else that is involved in the creation of this game, asked anyone for any money at all. Let me repeat that, No one has ever asked the community or future players to pay 1 penny to play this game. Anything else stated is Trolling. We were given an OPTION to buy a founders pack to get lots of goodies as well as some exclusive cosmetic gear. It was an option, no one forced us, we did not need to buy it.

As far as AAA titles costing $60 max, where have you been for the last 15 years? Most AAA titles offer the base game for $60, Most AAA titles also offer Collectors or Founders editions that usually come with lots of goodies as well as some exclusive cosmetic gear. They can be anywhere from $70 to $200. No, you are not forced to purchase a collectors edition to play the game. Starting to see some similarities?

Most AAA titles, except for MMO's DO NOT have a preview before you buy it. Ever bought a single player game the day it was released? Bet that after you paid for it was the first time you played it. MMO's are different due to the fact that an open beta is usually needed for server stress and final polish, so most people usually get to try out a pay to play or pay then sub before its release.

If you think 'free to play' means that this company created this game for everyone to play for free, and never make a cent on it, you need to wake up and notice how the world works. As far as I'm concerned, this game may be the most free to play game ever created, with Cryptic hoping that people will invest money into it if they enjoy it. Most of those other games you play that are supposedly free aren't. They are making money off of you, whether it be from advertising or selling your information. Cryptic isn't doing this, They are using the most fair free to play model, and I hope everyone who plays decides to invest at least a little money into it if they are enjoying themselves.

Tiko
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    of course that no one is asking money from you, after all, how could they dare? i think that i am not alone with my statement that 200 bucks is overpriced. i dont want to offend anyone here for buying the packs, but just look at what you get for HON money? for me everything related to HON pack i mostly useless except spider mount which looks awesome and its gonna be above the rest of the mounts and thats ok. i dont know i was defending this game ever since i saw that they are making an MMO and i was right and i still hope that they will reconsider few of their decisions for example the delay on drow release, which is completely and uterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, HON people have their menzoberezzan skin and i see for example no other reason to delay this reg drow release other than to get more money out of people. menzoberenzzan skin is more than enough to differentiate HON players between regular player such as i am and yet they still want to delay the most popular race in DnD and i can bet that lots of people are gonna turn their back on the game simply because of this
    i ll just add that it has been stated by Cryptic in the past that all races will be free and available. well, i went a lil bit off topic here but the fact is, no matter how good the game can be in the beginning or mid state, the bad Dev decisions can make the game shutdown, it is known from the past, and certainly isnt the enigma nowadays
  • Options
    makubimakubi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I don't know... Warframe founders is $249.99 +tax. Another one is $300 +tax for a founders. Marvel Heroes Founders $199.99 I could go on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ +2 Lipstick of Power ]

I draw my own signature/avatar when I am bored.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    of course that no one is asking money from you, after all, how could they dare? i think that i am not alone with my statement that 200 bucks is overpriced. i dont want to offend anyone here for buying the packs, but just look at what you get for HON money? for me everything related to HON pack i mostly useless except spider mount which looks awesome and its gonna be above the rest of the mounts and thats ok. i dont know i was defending this game ever since i saw that they are making an MMO and i was right and i still hope that they will reconsider few of their decisions for example the delay on drow release, which is completely and uterly <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, HON people have their menzoberezzan skin and i see for example no other reason to delay this reg drow release other than to get more money out of people. menzoberenzzan skin is more than enough to differentiate HON players between regular player such as i am and yet they still want to delay the most popular race in DnD and i can bet that lots of people are gonna turn their back on the game simply because of this
    i ll just add that it has been stated by Cryptic in the past that all races will be free and available. well, i went a lil bit off topic here but the fact is, no matter how good the game can be in the beginning or mid state, the bad Dev decisions can make the game shutdown, it is known from the past, and certainly isnt the enigma nowadays

Finally we got to the issue that's really bothering you. You want to play a drow, and can't for 60 days after OB starts unless you buy a HotN pack. I feel for you, I really do. I never liked that decision and still believe that it is going to haunt them for a while. It would have been less expensive for them to make the menzogade a completely different model then the drow, compared to the amount of money they will never get from those whom will never play this game because of it. Me personally, play a Halfling, don't really care for drow. If the situation was reversed, I probably wouldn't have bought a Guardian pack or even planned to play.

Tiko
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I still can not find where this post or this thread makes any sense at all. This poster makes it seem like there is some sort of fee or something to play the game. The game is FREE to play, and it will always be free to play. No one has to pay a bloody dime to play it . . . ever. What is so shady about that? Oh wait, I know . . . this is one of those basement kids who thinks that everything released, optional or not, is REQUIRED to play the game. Getting through to people like that is pointless, so my reply is not to that kid, but to others to save their time when trying to correct him. Trust me, he won't listen.

I will say this to those of you who do not want a free game to play, and want to pay for a game . . . try Gamestop. They are a GREAT source for games that cost money. I buy from them all the time, and they have an excellent selection. If you need any more leads to paid games, please let me know and I will provide some Google links for you. But please do not make Neverwinter seem poor for being absolutely free to play with no subscription, no requirements, and no strings attached. I am perfectly okay with having a game be free for me, thank you. LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    from the first mmo i ve played i always loved dark elves, dark elves rogues to be exact. im not some Drizzt clone fanboy and i am not certainly frustrated so much and am not hating the game because of that. tbh, im little afraid what Devs can take away from us again in near future. as for race, i ll go with high elf like i did in beta and reroll if i see that i can achieve same gear fast of course, if not its ok, AS LONG as they dont screw it up in the end and make some stupid *** thing like Blizzard did with RMAH and ruin the game and to have scars forever and eventually to become pay to win.
    and btw, sorry fazemladaiya, English isnt my mother language, and there is no need for your terrible cinism. this is internet, not school for me to have to practice grammar.
    im not a kid, and therefore im not going to start defending myself because you started to be a cinic.
    you showed your maturity with that sentence where you called me a kido, have luck with that. i wish you good luck on your journey to become internet psychologist, because you seem to ve read me entirely what i am with few posts.
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    from the first mmo i ve played i always loved dark elves, dark elves rogues to be exact. im not some Drizzt clone fanboy and i am not certainly frustrated so much and am not hating the game because of that. tbh, im little afraid what Devs can take away from us again in near future. as for race, i ll go with high elf like i did in beta and reroll if i see that i can achieve same gear fast of course, if not its ok, AS LONG as they dont screw it up in the end and make some stupid *** thing like Blizzard did with RMAH and ruin the game and to have scars forever and eventually to become pay to win.
    and btw, sorry fazemladaiya, English isnt my mother language, and there is no need for your terrible cinism. this is internet, not school for me to have to practice grammar.
    im not a kid, and therefore im not going to start defending myself because you started to be a cinic.
    you showed your maturity with that sentence where you called me a kido, have luck with that. i wish you good luck on your journey to become internet psychologist, because you seem to ve read me entirely what i am with few posts.

As you clearly saw, I already had that in consideration and made an edit to address the thread as a whole. Grammar doesn't bother me. What I am speaking out against is people who are actually offended by the game being free instead of paid. Why are you so offended by the game being free?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    i stated above already that i did not mean any harm nor to offend someone for getting the pack.
    that being said, i am "old enough" not to get angry with this "fee" you are constantly talking about.
    i am wellaware that people need to get some credit for their work, that is all set and ok, but overpricing a game and giving money for it too early, sorry mate it just has no sense to me thats all. honestly, i played all beta weekends and enjoyed the game a lot (this is coming from Tera player which i ve played for a long time) and i am not disregarding this game and making it poor with my post saying that HON is overpriced.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Then don't buy it. It's an optional pack. And it has no stats. Just cosmetics. But the point of this thread is that the original post does not want there to be that choice. The original poster wants for EVERYONE, regardless of if they can afford it or not, to pay to play this game. I might be able to afford it, but not everyone can, and I think it is absolutely awesome that this game is completely free to play. Any add-ons they make that cost money are purely cosmetic. So I think we agree to disagree here. I think that it is great to have a choice of options, but others seem to think that everyone should pay to play no matter what.
  • Options
    ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic has never stated that races will be free. If you think they have, I'd like to see a quote. They have, however, stated that future classes will be free.

Quoted directly from Cryptic CEO Jack Emmert at PAX East:
    "We're going to be adding new classes that are 100% free. We don't charge for any of that. And it's going to be coming on a regular basis."
    Take from an interview at MMORPG.com: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/634/videoId/3021
    Relevant point starts at 1:00.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    you will get 5 days head start, for example, thats fine with me. you will get an awesome mount, thats fine with me too. imo, there was no need for packs, just put in there some crazy looking mounts (because i somehow see cool mounts in game as some kind of prestige) and put those cosmetics in game WITHOUT the packs.
    in the end, for those 200 bucks you gave you got only 3 things that are cool:
    1. cool mount
    2. extra character space
    3. 5 days head start
    i will say this, to close our gaps and misunderstanding with this, everything that you and i are chatting about atm may be because of different mentalities and personalities we have, we are people after all, and we do not have to share always the same thoughts.
    we are all here on forums because we like the game, so am i.
    i am just MAINLY concerned that this doesnt turn for 180 and becomes pay to win, and you ll have to agree thats the biggest fear for any MMO that is new and coming out nowadays

ranncore for you
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?18401-Neverwinter-Extended-FAQ&p=297621&viewfull=1#post297621
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay on THAT I agree. SW;TOR did that, and I quit playing the day they went with their free to play model. Fortunately, it looks like Cryptic is holding their end with their models and PWE marketing, making for a lot of cosmetic additions but nothing being off-balancing to the game in the store. STO is like that as well. You can buy a lot of good looking things to be visually different, and they do have some stat stuff you can buy as well, but none of it gives anyone any advantage in PvP or PvE, which is great. My Drow (the guy in my sig banner) runs nothing but freely available stuff . . . nothing from the store, and I completely waste people in their store ships :)

I admit I am aware of what little we get for the packs as far as items. My 260 bucks (I bought both packs) was more of support, because I have been with STO for a while now and as an STO player already have confidence in Cryptic. I'll probably never use the spider, but the extra slots will sure help. Either way, I guess I rest in personal satisfaction that my purchase also helped a few of my friends that are very broke to be able to play.

You are right. It is mentalities and personalities that can clash so easily in these forums, and as you said, English is not your main language, so I most likely took the initial post I replied to too literally. For that I apologize.

My standing is:

1. Keep the game free completely
    2. Paid packages are okay as long as they are cosmetic and not "pay to win" like SW:TOR is

And I take back what I said about the "kid" thing. Well . . . for you at least.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Okay on THAT I agree. SW;TOR did that, and I quit playing the day they went with their free to play model. Fortunately, it looks like Cryptic is holding their end with their models and PWE marketing, making for a lot of cosmetic additions but nothing being off-balancing to the game in the store. STO is like that as well. You can buy a lot of good looking things to be visually different, and they do have some stat stuff you can buy as well, but none of it gives anyone any advantage in PvP or PvE, which is great. My Drow (the guy in my sig banner) runs nothing but freely available stuff . . . nothing from the store, and I completely waste people in their store ships :)

I admit I am aware of what little we get for the packs as far as items. My 260 bucks (I bought both packs) was more of support, because I have been with STO for a while now and as an STO player already have confidence in Cryptic. I'll probably never use the spider, but the extra slots will sure help. Either way, I guess I rest in personal satisfaction that my purchase also helped a few of my friends that are very broke to be able to play.

You are right. It is mentalities and personalities that can clash so easily in these forums, and as you said, English is not your main language, so I most likely took the initial post I replied to too literally. For that I apologize.

My standing is:

1. Keep the game free completely
    2. Paid packages are okay as long as they are cosmetic and not "pay to win" like SW:TOR is

And I take back what I said about the "kid" thing. Well . . . for you at least.
    its okay mate, now you ve showed your maturity, apology accepted ;).
    i WILL support them with my money, if the game continues to develop in good direction like it is for now. i mean i was paying monthly fee for Tera after all ^^. the drow race thing is still questionable of why they did that but if they are gonna keep it only on cosmetic stuff then i ll be most satisfied and in the end i ll buy myself some cool looking assassin like skin if they ever make it (im a rogue stealthy ******* please dont hate me :O) :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    I did kind of boggle at the Drow delay, but I shrugged it off because I work so many hours a week that 60 days is going to fly by quickly for me. Now if only I got paid for half those hours . . . (lots of volunteer work).