test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want to know from a Beta Tester?

Comments

• fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has anyone put together a complete list of default keyboard and mouse commands?
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »

That helps a bit, thnx.
  • armored22armored22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I would like a solid comparison between Tera Online and Neverwinter's gameplay.
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 196 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    What about Clothing options? Fashion etc
    Were there vendors in game for them, or were there a limit number of itmes in the store for them?
  • shiaikashiaika Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    daytonamax wrote: »
    What about Clothing options? Fashion etc
    Were there vendors in game for them, or were there a limit number of itmes in the store for them?
    I didn't visit all the areas or do all the content so with that in mind:

I didn't see any vendor selling clothing. Your starting clothing gives +2 Defense each piece, and at least someone got a Blue rank shirt as drop. By reading the chat, more than a few sold their clothes and had to spend the rest of the weekend "naked" under the armor pieces because of no drops/vendors.

I think that there were six slots for Fashion stuff (sorry, no screenshot and not good memory). But the only Fashion stuff to buy was in the beta weekend CStore (you may want to read this about it) and was about some Pirate stuff (hat, shirt and pants).
  • ceyloneseceylonese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Would be interested to know how the beta ran on an older system.. Currently im running a Dual core 2.8 with 4gig ram and a 9600GT. Figure i'll be upgrading but curious as to how it currently performs.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited February 2013
    It should run fine on low details. that computer, nears as I can tell is above the minimum requirements and most games will still function, albeit slower, under the requirements.

Sadly I only have a newer machine so I don't have first hand experience but others have said they experienced little to no lag on their older machines. Maybe on of them will stop by and give their first handed accounts. :)
  • eyezonm3eyezonm3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hey i have a 2 questions. They are very important to me so i hope you can help :)

1. Are the recommended system requirements true ? 2Gb Ram ?? This old Graphic Card ?? I can't believe this after seeing the Graphics in different Gameplay Videos.

I am running a Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB, 4gb Ram and a Dual Core 3,0. And i am really scared to buy the Founders Pack cause i dont know if it will run on ultra with 60 Fps. It should be with this requirements. What are your experiences ?

And the second one. I noticed at the end of a dungeon for example. There will be stats for most damage taken etc. I saw there is an @name. Its like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>@&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ? Why is that and what is the name after the @ ? Forum Name ? Or Account Name ? What is it ?

Well i hope you can help me. Thanks a lot in advance

(Sorry im not english native) ^^
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    shiaika wrote: »
    I didn't see any vendor selling clothing. Your starting clothing gives +2 Defense each piece, and at least someone got a Blue rank shirt as drop. By reading the chat, more than a few sold their clothes and had to spend the rest of the weekend "naked" under the armor pieces because of no drops/vendors.

I think that there were six slots for Fashion stuff (sorry, no screenshot and not good memory). But the only Fashion stuff to buy was in the beta weekend CStore (you may want to read this about it) and was about some Pirate stuff (hat, shirt and pants).

Not quite. Selling(or unequipping) the shirt and pants you got that gave +2 defense was not the way that people were running around naked, and in fact unequipping them alone would not cause you to become naked. This is because those shirt and pants you're referring to are not clothing but are in fact equipment in the same way that boots, armor, etc, are, so you'd still see all of that stuff that the person was wearing(I'm not sure what happens when you unequip ALL your equipment, but only unequipping the pants and shirt weren't do it.)

The way people were actually running around naked(easily at least) was by switching the character view. The way the game interface works there are two different views you can choose for your character. The first view is your equipment, helm(non-visible in the first beta weekend), armor, bracers, etc. The second view is the clothing view. If you switch from the equipment view to the clothing view and are not wearing any clothes(specifically items that fill the slots on this second view), you appear naked.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    eyezonm3 wrote: »
    I noticed at the end of a dungeon for example. There will be stats for most damage taken etc. I saw there is an @name. Its like <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>@&lt;font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ? Why is that and what is the name after the @ ? Forum Name ? Or Account Name ?

Cryptic games tie your character name to your in-game handle, which is not the same as your forum name. Because they do this, there is no name camping and anyone can name their characters any name they want. For example: you could make "Elminster" whose name would officially be "Elminster@eyezonm" and I could make "Elminster@doctorcomics". The account name does not usually appear, and its not floating over your head or anything. Most people would just see "Elminster". But in chat window it appears -- unless you toggle it off, which I do, because I'm a roleplayer and I don't want to see account names. You also see the account name if you mouse over the character or their name.

This allows everyone to have whatever name they want, and because the account name can be toggled off, no one even has to see it.
    edited February 2013
    It should run fine on low details. that computer, nears as I can tell is above the minimum requirements and most games will still function, albeit slower, under the requirements.

Sadly I only have a newer machine so I don't have first hand experience but others have said they experienced little to no lag on their older machines. Maybe on of them will stop by and give their first handed accounts. :)

his config is way above the recommended requirements. oO
  • argetbaenargetbaen Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited February 2013
    ceylonese wrote: »
    Would be interested to know how the beta ran on an older system.. Currently im running a Dual core 2.8 with 4gig ram and a 9600GT. Figure i'll be upgrading but curious as to how it currently performs.

Hey i have a 2 questions. They are very important to me so i hope you can help :)

1. Are the recommended system requirements true ? 2Gb Ram ?? This old Graphic Card ?? I can't believe this after seeing the Graphics in different Gameplay Videos.

I am running a Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB, 4gb Ram and a Dual Core 3,0. And i am really scared to buy the Founders Pack cause i dont know if it will run on ultra with 60 Fps. It should be with this requirements. What are your experiences ?

You actually can get very good graphics out of lower end hardware, if you design your game as such. The XBox 360 is a great example of this. It's basically a very outdated 7 year old computer (with lower specs than you guys), and it still has amazing graphics. This game is being designed in much the same way they might for the 360, using good coding and not being lazy with code to get the most out of older systems. They want this game to be accessible to as many people as possible, and that wouldn't be the case if you required excessive hardware.
  • excise2k5excise2k5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    O mighty beta testers, I wanna know about customization!

Specifically, armour customization. Lets say I find a piece of swag that looks super cool and fits the intended theme of my character. How hard is it to keep that swag's look, given that it may not have the stats I desire?

Ditto for weapon customization.
  • doctorcomicsdoctorcomics Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You can exchange the look of any item with the stats of another at a cost in Astral Diamonds. You can then transform that item to a new item again, perpetually carrying one look all the way from level 1 to 60.

This is true for both armor and weapons.

You also have a cosmetic outfit. So you can put your favorite costume piece in the cosmetic armor slot and wear whatever gear you want.
    edited February 2013
    You also have a cosmetic outfit. So you can put your favorite costume piece in the cosmetic armor slot and wear whatever gear you want.

Interesting! Are these cosmetic outfits a single slot? i.e. does putting on the 'pirate outfit' (or whatever) change your entire appearance to a pirate, or is it along the lines of pirate chest, pirate hat, pirate gloves, etc?

If it's the latter then it seems like that would be the superior option each time (since you wouldn't have to re-transmog every time you get a new piece of swag).
  • shaudiusshaudius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    excise2k5 wrote: »
    Interesting! Are these cosmetic outfits a single slot? i.e. does putting on the 'pirate outfit' (or whatever) change your entire appearance to a pirate, or is it along the lines of pirate chest, pirate hat, pirate gloves, etc?

If it's the latter then it seems like that would be the superior option each time (since you wouldn't have to re-transmog every time you get a new piece of swag).

From what I've seen outfit pieces are just that, pieces. So you could for instance have a pirate hat or a pirate pair of pants. I'm not sure if wearing the whole outfit will do anything special for your appearance.

You can actually see kind of what this looks like like with the founder's packs which have a moonstone regalia mask for the guardian pack and the hero of the north has the moonstone regalia set.
    Neverwinter Foundry Fansite with IRC Chatroom - http://www.tavernugc.com. Chatroom also available through IRC on irc.geekshed.net, #tavernugc.
    Neverwinter Official Wiki - http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/
    edited February 2013
    The cosmetic slots are identical to your regular armor slots. That is, you have pants and shirt and head and so on.

But I can't promise that regular gear fits in them. It is possible ... And I would need to check this ... That only special "cosmetic gear" fits in them. There were no such items in the beta test. If you turned on your cosmetic appearance, your armor vanished. But there wasn't anything new to put in them and I confess it did not occur to me, at the time, to try slotting my regular armor in there.

Sorry I can't clarify here.
    edited February 2013
    Am I correct in assuming that cosmetic slots overwrite your regular armour slot, or am I misunderstanding?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    excise2k5 wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming that cosmetic slots overwrite your regular armour slot, or am I misunderstanding?

Your fashion slots are a separate tab from your armor slots, and you can switch your look at will.
  • kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have heard you can spam healing potions in this game for healing. My question is how often can you spam them? Few a second? Is there a drinking animation? Can you use a potion and attack or move at the same time? How much health does one potion replenish?
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    Your fashion slots are a separate tab from your armor slots, and you can switch your look at will.

Thank you, kind sir. I shall dedicate my first foppish noble warrior's outfit to your honour.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,474
    edited February 2013
    kwiat007 wrote: »
    I have heard you can spam healing potions in this game for healing. My question is how often can you spam them? Few a second? Is there a drinking animation? Can you use a potion and attack or move at the same time? How much health does one potion replenish?

There's a cooldown of several seconds, and an animation. However, the animation is very quick. You cannot move or attack while that animation is going on. They restore a lot of health at low levels. High levels weren't present in beta, so I don't know how they stack up later on.

At level 15, with the potions you've probably got at that level, you cannot stay ahead of an attacker's damage by spamming potions; that's all I can say from personal experience.
  • razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    There's a cooldown of several seconds, and an animation. However, the animation is very quick. You cannot move or attack while that animation is going on. They restore a lot of health at low levels. High levels weren't present in beta, so I don't know how they stack up later on.

At level 15, with the potions you've probably got at that level, you cannot stay ahead of an attacker's damage by spamming potions; that's all I can say from personal experience.

With higher level potions, yea you still could. I was able to at any rate, and that was taking on multiple mobs with casters, etc. solo.
    edited February 2013
    syberghost, did you try slotting regular armor into the cosmetic slots? Did it work?
  • ceyloneseceylonese Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    his config is way above the recommended requirements. oO

Thanks .. for some reason I must of miss read the FAQ at some stage .. :O
  • maverickwerewolfmaverickwerewolf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited February 2013
    How does the naming system work? Are there separate first names and last names? If not, can we instead put spaces and more than one capital letter in our name?

Also, I'd ask for any and all information regarding werewolves in this game, but I'm not sure if I'd really get much of an answer. I was holding out the vain hope that they might become playable somehow, but either way, I'll at least ask this: if anyone has encountered a werewolf in the game thus far, and if so, what do they look like?
    Dedicated NWN roleplayer for 7+ years, the Village of Creation (VoC) server
    edited February 2013
    We addressed the name issue several times in this thread, so you will find that useful.

You can name yourself anything you want. It's a blank space that you can fill with first name, lastname, whatever. You can have spaces. Capitalization is up to you.

No werewolves seen yet. They are a part of FR lore and there are a tribe of them in the nearby forest. Check out the Neverwinter Campaign Guide for more info on them. So it is logical to presume you will see them in game. As for playing one ... this is pure speculation, but CO has several "Become Werewolf" gadgets which you can buy as a microtransaction. So you might see something like this. There is no way to customize your appearance in these gadgets, but it does swap out your abilities for werewolf ones. It seems to me that this would be a fairly easy way for the NW team to supply werewolf options to players: a purchasable transformation item which would sit in your inventory.
    edited February 2013
    thanks for your answers guys you really helped me out. I think i can buy it now :)

oh well 1 more.

Release date is 1. Quarter 2013. Which would be end of March. But i've seen that the last beta weekend is at the 22nd of March. So is this even realistic ? What do you guys think ?

Will it go instant in the Open Beta maybe on the First of April ? What can we ecpect ? :O
  • dagger2thugtrap7dagger2thugtrap7 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    Hey! Have the NPCs got sound meanwhile talking, because my ears can't have been heard surrounding voices of NPCs while Beta videos
    Thanks for your answers!
  • lanessar13lanessar13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    thanks for your answers guys you really helped me out. I think i can buy it now :)

oh well 1 more.

Release date is 1. Quarter 2013. Which would be end of March. But i've seen that the last beta weekend is at the 22nd of March. So is this even realistic ? What do you guys think ?

Will it go instant in the Open Beta maybe on the First of April ? What can we ecpect ? :O

I don't think even Cryptic knows the answer to that one yet. We'll see what gets changed based on feedback ,and realize we only saw stuff up to 30, out of 60 levels.

If I were pressed to answer, I'd say June (not because it's not "ready", but because the end of March will be the end of these beta weekends, add another month for final tweaks, and pad an additional month if they decide to add some features from beta feedback).