Install Arc
Options

[UGC] "The Dweomerkeepers" Campaign - Feedback

124»

Comments

• Options
    bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I did Act II, and III today. Zeb you are an amazing story teller. I wish I had that skill so my adventures could be as great as yours. I wrote reviews already for you, but what stood out I will put here.

Act I: The barrier keeping the lizard, think he was a shaman was awesome, I loved how you added the text into the portal fx. Detail in cave was wonderful also.

Act 2: I think I'm in love with Cynathetra... Bwhahahahahahah! Loved the maze type adventure in the temple, very nice.

I thought difficult was good as a 34 cleric I almost died a few times fighting priestess. Looking forward to more.

Keep em coming Big Zeb,

Bob
  • Options
    geopenguingeopenguin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited March 2013
    So far I like your quests better than the real ones. However, on III I thought the traps were a tad too much. With all the traps and fights I would wander back into some of them. Hope to see more work from you in the future.
    Quest: KLUDO
    Author: @GEOPENGUIN
    Short Code: NW-DAX6SQH8U
  • Options
    derpfuderpfu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very good so far. I've only found one flaw and that appeared in the third part where you're talking to the Drow Urchin at the Moonstone Mask. I'm getting there is an improperly closed OOC tag. In the dialogue you see ;/ooc].

That's about as far as I got so far. Good job :)
  • Options
    razorrxgdbrazorrxgdb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome job, played it yesterday and loved it all!

There is a slight maybe bug... when you are in the lizardman caves and you meet the ghostly figure? The three of them show up as :Kobald: "Ghostly Figure" or something like that.

Anyways, i love how this is tied to Mystra and seems to be linked to the Lolth storyline going on in spider and stone.

Great job again! Easily my favorite quest chain.
  • Options
    cheddardustcheddardust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When talking to the elven woman for the first time in the "The Catacombs" (map), her dialog is so long that it cuts off the selection from view.
    Pressing "1" on the keyboard will allow you to continue to the dialog and misson.

This was the only problem I really had. I know this is a bug ,but I think you're writing too much for one dialog window. It is overwhelming to look at and read. It whines up feeling more like a lecture then a npc conversation. Good luck with your future works.:)
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone! Act II and III will see many updates, most in regard to your feedback here and in the in-game reviews. I apologize again for the known issues (Act II / Act III) that made it into this publish, as they weren't apparent until after testing it in a published state. Due to the architecture of the testing servers, it is not possible to do foundry updates during the Beta Weekends. Otherwise, I would have had most of these fixed later in the evening back on Friday.
  • Options
    cayddcaydd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hey man. Loved your missions. It was a definitely blast. I especially liked the third one, where you are in the temple and you have to fight off those constantly spawning npcs. Good times. Keep 'em coming!
  • Options
    poigtpoigt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 89
    edited March 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Thanks everyone! Act II and III will see many updates, most in regard to your feedback here and in the in-game reviews. I apologize again for the known issues (Act II / Act III) that made it into this publish, as they weren't apparent until after testing it in a published state. Due to the architecture of the testing servers, it is not possible to do foundry updates during the Beta Weekends. Otherwise, I would have had most of these fixed later in the evening back on Friday.

I figured as much. Same as the 'featured' foundry quest yesterday where ACT2 has a disclaimer in the NPC dialogue that the mission isnt' finished before the quest just sort of peters out with no explanation.

Anyway - Zebular, if you can keep turning out quality like this, I wouldn't be surprised if someone hires you, you've an amazing job. MOAR PL0X!
  • Options
    didradamagididradamagi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited March 2013
    Me and my fiance did the 3 parts twice at lvl 15-16 and at lvl 21, great fun, but in the labyrint castle with all the traps and wher mobs pop up.. oh my, what a lag! I like that arrows shooting from both side,, stood under one to not get hit and dmg/healing fiance, worked fine. Best so founder instance so far, keep up good work
  • Options
    sidreussidreus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm seeing the posts looks like I somehow borked 3rd part. Dropped it to take it again but got caught up other shinies. It was my first beta after all.

I love your story telling. I leveled 3 characters to level 10 and this story become somehow my regular leveling up content. I agree with comment above, your story and one dev one(the one with Spellplague) highest enjoyable moments of this game for me so far.

Looking forward to see more stories. Keep up good work and thanks for all the effort you put in that work.
  • Options
    gertiploissgertiploiss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited March 2013
    Played this on Saturday with a friend. We'd all ready gone and done Neverwinter Wood, and we very much liked the improvement that had been done there. Was the black smoke always part of the effect? Very neat. As we went on though, the luster and subtlety wore off a little. What seemed to be a very moody and environmental story became a delve, and I personally didn't like the change. Your environments are really good, the best I've seen out of the Foundry. Such creative usage of dungeon set-ups, and we got lost a lot in Act 2! Even Act 3 had creatively subversive ways to traverse, and it just looked darn good.

Couldn't get into the story though. It leaped from something rather mysterious and laid back to a main part of the narrative and not well implemented. Characters annoyed me more than anything, even if the design of them was intriguing. It became a video game cliche by far, and perhaps I'm just a bit grumpy, but I got no 'godly feeling' from it. As I said, really fantastic environmental design, but the core of it lost me after I chased the lizardman, basically.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Thank you all very much! Hopefully you'll also like the changes I have since made to Act III, for they are numerous from BW3's build already.. I just got done doing one of my final edits for it, making it ready for more public testing. Hopefully you all won't have to wait too much longer to play again. I'll post update notes when the time comes.

Act II is about to get some major updates also. I feel as though Act I is final now and will only need maintained to stay functional through future game/foundry updates.
  • Options
    ysil6969ysil6969 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Man I gotta say. I loved these quests. Im hoping you stay pretty lore heavy/true!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Old Zeb not be Lore Heavy/True?

He's the resident Forgotten Realms Lore Sage. If you need to know a bit about the realm and he doesn't know then it hasn't happened.
    I love having access to him on a whim and yes you should be jealous ;)

If there's one thing that won't change in his quests it's the lore. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Old Zeb not be Lore Heavy/True?

He's the resident Forgotten Realms Lore Sage. If you need to know a bit about the realm and he doesn't know then it hasn't happened.
    I love having access to him on a whim and yes you should be jealous ;)

If there's one thing that won't change in his quests it's the lore. :D

*chuckles madley*

Why thank you for the kind words! I do love telling the history of the Realms that I know and learning of future events as well... probably more-so, indeed.

Just keep in mind while playing Acts II and III, most of the lore right now is contained in Dialog. I have just started adding the find-able pieces of Lore (hidden items/easter eggs). They should start to make an appearance in the next versions. Act III has a couple placeholders for some, that may be noticed (or not?).

Feel free to ask any questions about my use of Lore in my Campaign also, I'd be happy to explain anything.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    . . . . . This is now being imported into the Official Wiki. Right now, the associated wiki pages are all still in preliminary layout setting up. I should have all the pages updated sometime this next week.

Link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Dweomerkeepers_Campaign

. . . . . Once I am finished with the wiki pages, I will close down this feedback thread and start a new one fresh for feedback from Open Beta and beyond. Thanks to everyone who has played my missions, your comments and suggestions have shaped, more than I can say, the course of these missions and their content to what they are now and will be. Thank you all again!

. . . . .Until I get the official wiki pages done, I'll leave this open for current feedback. Enjoy!
  • Options
    deepgolddeepgold Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I tried soloing it @ lvl 34 cleric with a tank companion. I had died twice to the 3 cursed clerics of Shars with their 9 adds, cant kill them fast enough to survive. Also the last encounter with 3 waves of mobs, also died once. I feel that the 2 encounters should tone down more. Not sure if foundry quests in general become un-soloable at higher levels or I did something wrong.
This discussion has been closed.