What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game is very disappointing after watching MMORPG's stream

1235»

Comments

• peoplenesspeopleness Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    hedronlord wrote: »
    Are you sure you know what a "class" is? Each if these.....character types will have a distinct playstyle, with distinct mechanics. You can call them whatever you like. In 4e they were builds as they had the same class mechanics. Here they do not.

You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. I am not talking about each "class" being distinctive from one another, of course that is the case lol. I am talking about the "class" in terms of each individual one, not as a collection. A devoted cleric is not a "class", it is a build of the class; cleric. If you have say 3 devoted clerics in a group. The only differences between each of those devoted clerics (not including gear) is small statistical differences. Each of those devoted clerics will be using EXACTLY the same skills as each other. There is no differentiation. I am not talking about a devoted cleric being the same as a great weapon fighter, that is just stupid, of course they are different. They are definitely different classes. However, on its own, a great weapon fighter is not a class, if you a defining a class by what is seen in the average MMO, not in terms of 4e rules. A fighter is a class. A great weapon fighter, is a build of the fighter class. Therefore, a great weapon fighter is not a class, but a build. There is no diversity in great weapon fighters, everyone playing a great weapon fighter is essentially the same beside some small, and I emphasise SMALL, statistical differences in the feats and paragon path they choose. That is it.
  • hedronlordhedronlord Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    peopleness wrote: »
    You clearly misunderstood what I was saying. I am not talking about each "class" being distinctive from one another, of course that is the case lol. I am talking about the "class" in terms of each individual one, not as a collection. A devoted cleric is not a "class", it is a build of the class; cleric. If you have say 3 devoted clerics in a group. The only differences between each of those devoted clerics (not including gear) is small statistical differences. Each of those devoted clerics will be using EXACTLY the same skills as each other. There is no differentiation. I am not talking about a devoted cleric being the same as a great weapon fighter, that is just stupid, of course they are different. They are definitely different classes. However, on its own, a great weapon fighter is not a class, if you a defining a class by what is seen in the average MMO, not in terms of 4e rules. A fighter is a class. A great weapon fighter, is a build of the fighter class. Therefore, a great weapon fighter is not a class, but a build. There is no diversity in great weapon fighters, everyone playing a great weapon fighter is essentially the same beside some small, and I emphasise SMALL, statistical differences in the feats and paragon path they choose. That is it.

A great weapon fighter is a class as long as it has a distinct mechanic. Even in terms of the average MMO. You seem to be mired in 4e rules. Though this is based on 4e it is not 4e.

So far we have seen that the Guardian Fighter has a blocking mechanic and will fill the "tank" role of the group. I have not seen anything on the mechanics of the great weapon fighter yet, but we know its a two weapon damage dealer, and I doubt it will have a "block" mechanic. Thought its possible they will have the same moves, I highly doubt it. If indeed they have different moves and a different driving mechanic, then yes, they are two different classes regardless of their counterparts in 4e.

If instead, both "fighter" types share a move set, and have the same mechanic, then they are not two distinct classes
  • zylaxxzylaxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 591 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2013
    peopleness wrote: »

No they will not be using the same skills. NWO features a deck building concept for building a loadout of what skills you can use any particular time. These skills are further enhanced by feats and we dont even know about paragon paths yet which are in game but are unknown at this time.

So in essence your statement is flat out WRONG. The odds of 2 classes having the exact same skills and feats is rather statistically small. Add in Gear and the unknown parapgon paths and we have further hidden diversities. Try again next time. Good day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character is what a man is in the dark
  • geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    your just griping. They said from the get go this is more action oriented and i kind of like the lack of 50 spells that i only use a few of them. I think it will be fun honestly. The game was always action oriented from the get go if you have followed the devs.
  • peoplenesspeopleness Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    zylaxx wrote: »
    No they will not be using the same skills. NWO features a deck building concept for building a loadout of what skills you can use any particular time. These skills are further enhanced by feats and we dont even know about paragon paths yet which are in game but are unknown at this time.

So in essence your statement is flat out WRONG. The odds of 2 classes having the exact same skills and feats is rather statistically small. Add in Gear and the unknown parapgon paths and we have further hidden diversities. Try again next time. Good day.

Everything I said is correct, not wrong at all. There is no diversity between 2 different clerics beside small statistical ones. They are exactly the same in every other way. Can't wait to for you to find out just how right I am, unfortunately.