test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Founder's Pack - Report Purchase Issues Here!

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    franjean82 wrote: »
    Just reiterating what others are posting here: there is some confusion on the confirmation page after submitting a payment. I got a screen saying "Transaction failed!!" but then got my email confirmation saying my payment was accepted.

Passed on to the powers that be. :)

zemdark wrote: »
    I purchased a founder's pack earlier today. I saw that same screen but at the bottom of the page it showed the transaction as confirmed. I have both emails one confirming the purchase and the other with the link to complete transaction. Now I have not received anything about beta. Another post stated that the client could be updated by founders for BWE4 but when I try to update the patch I still can't. Anyone know what's up with this?

Has this been resolved? I see you have a founder's title so everything should be set but let me know if it's not and of course send a support ticket ASAP.

makubi wrote: »
    I bought both Hero's and Guardian, would I be able to give the guardian beta weekend key to a friend and also the 3day head start?

I am afraid not. Sadly since everything is tied to the account the duplicate access kind of fizzles in a puff of magical smoke. :(
    I'll ask to confirm there's absolutely no way that this could be addressed but the chances are slim.
  • makubimakubi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited April 2013
    I am afraid not. Sadly since everything is tied to the account the duplicate access kind of fizzles in a puff of magical smoke. :(
    I'll ask to confirm there's absolutely no way that this could be addressed but the chances are slim.

A chance is always a chance. Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ +2 Lipstick of Power ]

I draw my own signature/avatar when I am bored.
  • neericneeric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited April 2013
    So, I just tried to buy the Hero of the North pack and Paypal doesn't appear to use Visa checkcards I guess. I've paid for everything else I've bought on Perfect World games (STO and Champions Online) with this card, but paypal says "no". Bad move PW to use them, cost you a sell. I was buying the pack now so I can access Beta weekend this weekend. Can't wait til Monday or Tuesday for a credit card payment to go through one of my other cards just to buy this.
  • metrojethrometrojethro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    When I tried to buy the founders pack via Paypal it just says "Loading". Help please.
  • endermandsendermands Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bought a hero's pack. Paypal confirmed and said I am fine and sent an email. But when I returned to the PW page it said the transaction was pending and I should look for an email to complete. I got the email from PW but when I try to run the launcher I do not see NW in the drop down as a game to patch/play.
  • endermandsendermands Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    nm, got a second email and now i have access
  • canisknightcanisknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    got my heroes of the north pack but cant log in
    says account error chek here for info
  • cowcowoinkcowcowoink Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bought a guardian pack today but still no access. Under history it says 'Paypal is reviewing payment' and is stuck there. Sent a ticket in (as I did this hours ago) and it just says to wait 24 hours. Sounds like I'm hoping for the best and it isn't coming. Can a mod reading this thread check to see if it's listed under my account as bought or just stuck? It's rather frustrating.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    makubi wrote: »
    A chance is always a chance. Thanks in advance.

Sadly I have gotten confirmation that there is no way to give away your second beta access. :(
    neeric wrote: »
    So, I just tried to buy the Hero of the North pack and Paypal doesn't appear to use Visa checkcards I guess. I've paid for everything else I've bought on Perfect World games (STO and Champions Online) with this card, but paypal says "no". Bad move PW to use them, cost you a sell. I was buying the pack now so I can access Beta weekend this weekend. Can't wait til Monday or Tuesday for a credit card payment to go through one of my other cards just to buy this.

You could use "BillMeLater." It might not be your preference but it would at least get you access this weekend if you don't have a credit card.
    When I tried to buy the founders pack via Paypal it just says "Loading". Help please.

Odd. Let me ask what somebody else would suggest. I'll get back to you soon.
    endermands wrote: »
    nm, got a second email and now i have access

Glad it all worked out!
    got my heroes of the north pack but cant log in
    says account error chek here for info

Should be fixed now! Try again! :D
    cowcowoink wrote: »
    Bought a guardian pack today but still no access. Under history it says 'Paypal is reviewing payment' and is stuck there. Sent a ticket in (as I did this hours ago) and it just says to wait 24 hours. Sounds like I'm hoping for the best and it isn't coming. Can a mod reading this thread check to see if it's listed under my account as bought or just stuck? It's rather frustrating.

It sounds like, from your description, an issue which happens sometimes if you don't have a Paypal/Skrill account. It's verifying the purchase and can take up to two days to do.
    I'll be back soon with some advice on how to work around this.
    edited April 2013
    cowcowoink wrote: »

Both of these issues have been escalated to the powers that be.
    I hope to see you both in game soon and sorry for the inconveniences!

UPDATE for all posters:
    If you are suffering from an account error and purchased a Founder's Pack check this thread for solutions!
  • melanderimelanderi Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users, Silverstars Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Please see this thread and try the steps listed. If you still get an error, please send a ticket to support and we will be happy to help. Note: we are working as quickly as we can, but we are still human and it may take some time. We appreciate your patience and understanding!
    Pixilated Community Entity
    @Effreet in game
    Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct. Learn them, Love them
  • saviorselves69saviorselves69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I tried to purchase the heroes pack, and get an invalid credit card, or this card can not be used in this transaction. I know the card is good, I actually took it over to the ddo store and bought a few things, just to test it. It worked fine, also worked for Rift.

Is this a bug? I tried 2 other cards, got same message.
    edited April 2013
    Other people are going through just fine so I doubt it's a bug with the system.

Without more information I have no idea why a card which works on other websites would be returned as "Invalid" here. :eek:
    Your best bet would be to contact support directly.
  • kroegankroegan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My apologies kroegan but there are no in-game giveaways. I ran this past the Community Managers to be sure.

We're not sure what you could have read which gave you the impression you were rewarded with a Guardian of the North package for completing in game content but I'm afraid it was not intended. :(
    Check my "mail" in the game. It's @ the postal carrier down out side the market in the Protector's enclave. It is the letter from Lord Everwinter, it's the first letter and it plainly states a reward of GotN pkg. like i said, getting the pkg isn't anywhere as important as to finding the truth of the matter and fixing this bug.
    edited April 2013
    Haha!

That letter is sent immediately upon entering the game with a new character if you purchased a Founder's Pack.
    Watch this video. It will show you where to find the Courier to claim your title and at 1:20 you can even read the exact letter you got.

There's no bug. You didn't get that letter because you completed content. You got that letter because you purchased a Guardian of the North Founder's Pack. Sorry for the confusion.
  • kroegankroegan Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haha!

That letter is sent immediately upon entering the game with a new character if you purchased a Founder's Pack.
    Watch this video. It will show you where to find the Courier to claim your title and at 1:20 you can even read the exact letter you got.

There's no bug. You didn't get that letter because you completed content. You got that letter because you purchased a Guardian of the North Founder's Pack. Sorry for the confusion.
    Thank you. Now that that has been cleared up i have 1 more issue. I wasn't teleporting when i would press the shift key, i was a Control Wizard (that is what i'll be on Apr 27), i hope it'll be ok then. Like i said, Thank You very much.
    edited April 2013
    Not exactly a purchase issue but that's the only report I have seen on that.

Note you have to press Shift and A Direction Key in order to dodge/teleport. Pressing shift alone won't do anything.
    Alternatively you can double tap a directional key which will perform a dodge/teleport based on the directional key.

If this doesn't solve the issue please post a thread in the Bugs and Terchnical Issues Forums.
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    Ok I bought the Heros of the North Pack some time ago and have that title unlocked here on the forums. I bought the Guardian pack early this morning but don't see the Guardian title in my CP....I kind of thought you would be able to choose between them, or does it take some time for the title to show up in the CP?
    If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
    edited April 2013
    Have you tried relogging into the forums.

I have quite a few titles to "choose" from now...if only moderator didn't override them all. Haha.
    You should be able to switch between the two at any time you desire.

Of course if relogging doesn't work your first step should be to check if the key has been redeemed. If not feel free to reply here or contact support for further assistance. :D
  • snowy1970snowy1970 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    FYI, the guardian is 55.99 EUR (haven't used my UK card), no problems.

My problem is the conversion rate... 60 bucks or 55.99 euros, BUT $60 is only... *rest of post* ...

...seems I only got half a post too! lol :(

Here is the missing part...

$60 is

Nm, buggy forum is bugged. :(
    "The statistics on sanity are that 1 out of every 4 people are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of 3 of your friends. If they are okay? Then it's YOU!"
    edited April 2013
    Not bugged. Don't be posting your icky pounds and euro symbols! ;)
    Don't ask me why they are set up this way but ASCII symbols are not permitted by the forum code.

The increased fee is due to the VAT which all members of the European Union are subject to.
  • graywolfonegraywolfone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I ordered the Guardian of Neverwinter pack on 4 Feb 2013 and it showed up on the redeem key page.
    On 8 Mar 2013 I ordered the Neverwinter Starter Kit. It has not shown up on the Redeem Key page.
    But is listed on Perfect Worlds Purchase history on my wallet page. Was it to also to show on the Redeem Key page?
    Sorry If this problem is listed somewhere else. I did not find it.
    Thanks for your Time in responding to my question.
  • colhatickcolhatick Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Starter Kit doesn't give access to closed betas (which are now finished) so I'm assuming that's why it doesn't show there.
    edited April 2013
    Not bugged. Don't be posting your icky pounds and euro symbols! ;)
    Don't ask me why they are set up this way but ASCII symbols are not permitted by the forum code.

The increased fee is due to the VAT which all members of the European Union are subject to.

That's weird, because any other games I buy via paypal uses pound sterling and a 29.99 game is 29.99. It seems as though this was done only in euros and dollars so I only get paypals conversion rate. Sorry but I'm not paying an extra 30 pounds than my friends in the USA, if the travel agent did it with your travellers cheques you would explode. (At least, I would lol).
    Wanted the mount and wanted to show support, but not get robbed doing so. And before anyone cries that's its only x-amount, that isn't the point, the point is that the UK citizens shouldn't have to be ripped off in conversion rate scams. Sell us it in pounds, better still, let us use dollars (as the rate there is even better!). :(
    "The statistics on sanity are that 1 out of every 4 people are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of 3 of your friends. If they are okay? Then it's YOU!"
    edited April 2013
    snowy1970 wrote: »
    Wanted the mount and wanted to show support, but not get robbed doing so. And before anyone cries that's its only x-amount, that isn't the point, the point is that the UK citizens shouldn't have to be ripped off in conversion rate scams. Sell us it in pounds, better still, let us use dollars (as the rate there is even better!). :(

What you do with your money is your choice.

My advice is to call up your government representitives and complain about your taxes.
    Cryptic and PWE aren't getting anything out of this fee. You're not alone in that belief so logically there's nothing but loss in it for them. :p

It does nothing but hurt business. See this official statement on PWI's Forums.
    edited April 2013
    Thank you for replying and the link Ambi :)
  • platplat Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    snowy1970 wrote: »
    My problem is the conversion rate... 60 bucks or 55.99 euros, BUT $60 is only... *rest of post* ...

...seems I only got half a post too! lol :(

Here is the missing part...

$60 is

Nm, buggy forum is bugged. :(

It very easy Snowy1970 just dont buy anything from them. Until they change it to include pounds they will not get any of my money. DDO, Rift, GW and other games let me pay in pounds this company dont care about UK players they just stick us in with the EU players and charge us the EU highest VAT rate at 30%. SO DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.
  • zock93zock93 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15
    edited April 2013
    cannot proceed the linking steps for Cryptic / PWE accounts cause i never played STO or CO but i still get the Display name error every time, does not matter which name i choose even if it would be: sadaslkjakljf
  • vangarettvangarett Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bought it.
    I bought the founders pack. Not sure if i should feel guilty for spending that much money.
    Hero of the Feel
  • immortalsguildimmortalsguild Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Bought Guardians pack no issue
    The Immortals, United we stand, we don't fall! Application to join The Immortals
This discussion has been closed.