test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Late Night Heavy Roleplay Guild

124»

Comments

• spectralhuntspectralhunt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This looks good alright. But Ventrilo is a must, its quite hard in any game to dungeon run and to chat with text. Stopping every min to right somethin will take away from the fun imo.

I'm actually surprised this is the first time someone mentioned the lack of voice chat. But to answer your question...

I disagree that voice chat is a must. I can't think of a single MMO where voice chat was necessary to complete small party content/instances. And really, even with raids, unless you are hardcore progressive, you can succeed without voice also.

Vent certainly makes communication easier...OOC communication that is. But this guild is designed to be a roleplaying guild first and I've found that ventrilo lessens immersion. It's the main reason why I am not big on it. I do agree if this were a PvE or even PvP focused guild, then there would be no reason not to use voice chat.
  • aeonbluessaeonbluess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My work schedule was unexpectedly changed to day shift, so now 11pm PST is my new bed time. I feel robbed from late night gaming.
    edited February 2013
    aeonbluess wrote: »
    My work schedule was unexpectedly changed to day shift, so now 11pm PST is my new bed time. I feel robbed from late night gaming.

That's not too bad. We get active at 8pm which leaves you a good 3 hours. And of course there will be days when you are off the following day.
  • sentrickvoluptuasentrickvoluptua Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I haven't been able to read all 94 of the posts in this thread, but from what I DID read I'm interested. Particularly with everything in the first post.

Just seeing this last page I'd say I agree with spectrahunt that voice chat isn't necessary, in fact in terms of RP I would say it's severely inferior. Around the table voice is fine and you state what you want to do and everyone imagines it in D&D. However, when you role play in an online game, text is far better. You position and act with your character in-game as best you can, and fill in the details of it with something like *this*. Via voice chat, that gets bad and awkward.

Furthermore, you have a log when you text. Speaking you can miss things easily, particularly if people talk over each other.

Any serious RP guild would prefer text chat. It's that simple.

Regarding RAIDS and the like, it also isn't necessary at all. I've played virtually all the major MMOs and it has never been necessary or even close to it. Though I admit in situations it can be superior to text chat. However, if this were to be a heavy RP guild as advertised, raids and instances would not be played through in the usual world of Warcraft grind it up fashion. It would be at least somewhat ROLE PLAYED THROUGH. In which case, once again, text chat wins. No contest.

Well that's my two cents. Anyways, regarding the guild, again, I didn't get to read much of the posts but I am interested. Is there any kind of name of the guild or theme decided on?

Character: Sentrick Voluptua
    edited February 2013
    I do have a name in mind and the theme of the guild will be based upon a group that is an offshoot of the Harpers. I plan to have more specifics after the next closed beta which is a couple of weeks from now.
    edited February 2013
    If you are a late night roleplayer, fell free to contact me if you have questions regarding the guild.
    edited February 2013
    Bumpy bump. I'm working on specifics and will have something up soon.
    edited March 2013
    Last bump for this thread. I plan to create a new thread with a name and theme in a couple of days.
  • velyssariavelyssaria Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Hi! I'm very interested in joining this guild. =) Any ideas on how I can get a hold of a recruiter?
    Vel
  • egnigemegnigem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Is this project still alive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2013
    The guild is still alive yes. But we've lost a great number of members over time. If you still want to join, check the website and you can speak to me directly in the game @Silverblade also. I'll be more than happy to explain our status and our future goals.