test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hello Adventurers! I am Darthpanda16 - PWE Tech Support Panda! =)

darthpanda16darthpanda16 Member Posts: 9,471 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2012 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Hi Everyone,

If you have some technical issues with getting the game to download, install, update, login, or get some graphic or audio glitches during the tests or after launch, please let us help you!

We hang out here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

and you can Search for issues here on this forum, and also in the Support Knowledge base https://support.perfectworld.com/ (you will need to login there)

I have been a cyborg Sith panda here at PWE since... 2008. I like long walks in bamboo forests, play video games, love ice cream, and do my best to help others.

We on the tech support team have had the pleasure of helping tens of thousands of players with technical issues over the last 4.5 years or so. :cool: Not bad considering there are tens of millions of you players, we like that the games work just fine for most of you!

Thank you all so much for playing Neverwinter and helping us with it!
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    Hey Darthpanda nice to see you here and thanks!

I have an issue getting the game to download, I haven't been mailed my Alpha key yet! Could you see that this is done for me? :)
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    Hey Darthpanda nice to see you here and thanks!

I have an issue getting the game to download, I haven't been mailed my Alpha key yet! Could you see that this is done for me? :)
    I think just about everyone has that problem, and that everyone wants Alpha.

Well, Welcome Darthpanda, its nice to know more PWE employees are showing up here.
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misthoforosmisthoforos Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2012
    How come this guy is listed just as a user here then?

Also, why would anyone involved in the testing process post issues in a public forum? Isn't there an NDA, and wouldn't there be private forum sections for those doing the testing?

This sounds too fishy, and if he really is part of tech support, he obviously isn't going through the right channels.
  • ranncoreranncore Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2,508
    edited December 2012
    Just right click on his name to open his profile, he's PWE tech support.
    You can also follow the link he provided to the PWE tech support database (where you'll see all the work he has done).
    These forums, just like the game, are in alpha. I'm not surprised.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey Darthpanda. Stromshade told us about you earlier this year when cryptic merged - about the support group. Luckily I did not have any issue, but I saw in the threads that you were very quick to respond and resolve most issues.

You have our thanks and please keep up your good work which is - coincidentally - helping people! :)
  • misthoforosmisthoforos Member Posts: 56
    edited December 2012
    ranncore wrote: »
    Just right click on his name to open his profile, he's PWE tech support.
    You can also follow the link he provided to the PWE tech support database (where you'll see all the work he has done).
    These forums, just like the game, are in alpha. I'm not surprised.

That does sound fine, but anyone posting anything about the game, whether it's size of the download, or trouble downloading in a public forum is still a no no on most NDAs.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    How come this guy is listed just as a user here then?

Also, why would anyone involved in the testing process post issues in a public forum? Isn't there an NDA, and wouldn't there be private forum sections for those doing the testing?

This sounds too fishy, and if he really is part of tech support, he obviously isn't going through the right channels.

Darthpanda is the person who will help you when your browser fails to open the forums, you have any firewall issues, or when in future the game comes out, in case you have any trouble starting, downloading etc.

They were newly formed team by PWE(or were back when Stromshade told us in these forums during account merge) and they help you with all technical issues with which even cryptic people won't be able to help.
  • aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hi Everyone,

If you have some technical issues with getting the game to download, install, update, login, or get some graphic or audio glitches during the tests or after launch, please let us help you!

We hang out here: http://techsupport.perfectworld.com

and you can Search for issues here on this forum, and also in the Support Knowledge base https://support.perfectworld.com/ (you will need to login there)

I have been a cyborg Sith panda here at PWE since... 2008. I like long walks in bamboo forests, play video games, love ice cream, and do my best to help others.

We on the tech support team have had the pleasure of helping tens of thousands of players with technical issues over the last 4.5 years or so. :cool: Not bad considering there are tens of millions of you players, we like that the games work just fine for most of you!

Thank you all so much for playing Neverwinter and helping us with it!

Hello welcome to the Neverwinter bathrooms, errr forums!

sending a question your way...

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Welcome to the asylum!

*rubs hand together* The tech dudes are showing up...won't be long now.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey Darthpanda. nice to see you here and thanks for stopping by!

BTW, I have a technical problem too: We don't seem to have any NWO Beta running at the moment, can you get the CM to start it immediately? Thanks! :D

And we have some..."questions" about titles and what is being discussed....

Special access including granted titles is limited when it comes to to non-project people. Short of other project administrators who have universal board access, people from other divisions don't automatically get labeled with their title/rights and even as employees sometimes. Melanderi even didn't have her board title and privileges here for many months, and she DOES work on this project. Some other people (Cryptic/PWE employees too) who also help run/moderate other projects have dropped by and they too have appeared like "normal users." Since some of them have also done so incognito I'm not listing examples just so I don't mix either of those two groups up, but others with normal user listing have mentioned their positions on the history of this board (old and new) before. I can't go into how Cryptic/PWE login security works, so I'll leave it at that.

As for DP announcing now, he's being proactive, or do you want to stumble around in the virtual dark when you have problems after the beta starts looking for whom your support liaison is?

Think about it: Why would be be announcing publicly now though?
    I'm sure there must be a good reason to for some future event....

So Darth Panda is quite real.

So if you readers in the future are in some testing or beta release, you now know where to go and what I meant here when I was referring to the technical support forum.

And yeah, if internal NDA testing is going on, they'd use the same support too, just not list details in public due to NDA. Listing you're with technical support and what it covers isn't a violation of an NDA nor is listing details what you cover. Are you questioning his duty?

*Darkside eyes*

I find your lack of faith, disturbing.

"Seeker, release him."

As you wish...

*A thud is heard as the force-choked body is released the head hitting the table as he regains his breath.*

You don't know the power of the Dark Side
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Well met, Darth!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Greetings mysterious one. *adds "Execute Order 66" to the censored list*

May the force be with you. Always.