test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PRE-ORDER TORCHLIGHT 2

124»

Comments

• iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For the record:

"Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published 10 popular titles, including Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, Perfect World International and Star Trek Online.

Perfect World Entertainment has a track record of success, having doubled revenues each of its first three years, and continues to grow at a steady pace. The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly anticipated MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. (NASDAQ: PWRD), Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com

Perfect World Entertainment has the heart of a startup minus the financial challenges of being "too agile". Our culture is built around our commitment to providing people with a fun work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. Playing games and knowing what works and what doesn't (aka "product research") is part of the job!

Over 180 talented people are located in our Redwood Shores headquarters with another 160 at our Cryptic development studio in Los Gatos. We use our passion as gamers to create the highest quality gaming experiences for our tens of millions of players. Come join us!
    Copyright ? 2012. Perfect World Inc. All rights reserved."

And if you want to go to the company named afer their succesful game (and use a source like Google Translate:)
    http://www.wanmei.com/

So, Perfect World Entertainment-the North American company translation also considered part of the company Perfect World-is copyrighted as Perfect World Incorporated, or PWI-- not to be confused with the game Perfect World International (which is the English version of the Perfect World MMO game they release internationally.)

So, now we're all done splitting hairs, you know what was meant and everybody stop trolling or the thread will just end up being reported and the thread most likely locked, and nobody wants that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ... and the thread most likely locked, and nobody wants that.

Umm... I haven't seen a locked thread as of now, so I would actually 'want that'. The first locked thread.
    Is that wrong? :-)
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Actually, before conversion, some person was ranting and raving about something on STO and mentioned the doom if done in this game, and it was noted it was not being done here and the thread was locked. There was a lot of not nice language from him and other posters about his not nice language (not profanity but rude language) ironically. For obvious reasons I'm not going to go looking for that closed thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vindiconvindicon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seikilos wrote: »
    Do you even know what a company is?

I at least know that Perfect World International, an MMORPG published by PWE for the last 3 or so years, does not qualify for being a company itself, if you're asking that... because PWI means that, not Perfect World Incorporated...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Truthfully, all I know is that PWI owns PWE which is the company for english audience.
    I fill the abbreviations according to my convenience. Didn't know I was incorporated or that E was entertainment ... never actually observed. I just used to assume the first word which will come to my mind. including those two, english, international ...

Nice to know the full form of abbreviation and that there is other company called wanmei which is mandarin(?) for perfect world.

But I truly wonder if all that is relevant. Because I think this promotion has to be handled independently by PWE, I dont think wanmei or PWI (Headquarter or other branch offices, if i understand correctly) would have time and inclination to interfere and micromanage each and every decision PWE makes.

But nice to know new infomation anyways.
  • sertanleesertanlee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And with all that "On With The Games"
    edited June 2012
    sertanlee wrote: »
    And with all that "On With The Games"

This game is on? Where, where?! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blizzidblizzid Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2012
    valas625 wrote: »
    Its not that low. Neverwinter is gonna be a FREE MMO...can you really complain if they'd like you to fork over SOMETHING to keep them going? I mean really, come on. 10$ for a beta key is better than the 60 for torchlight 2, or however much it'll be. I'd be happy with that even. XD Do you really expect the devs and company to just use all their own money for your entertainment? You're either one of those guys who hates spending an extra ten cents on the 2 for $1.10 deals at gas stations, or you're an 11 year old kid who got mad after everyone in WoW made fun of you. And what's shady about that? There's no, "Spend ten dollars and maybe you could play a new upcoming release early.", gimmicks or anything. They aren't forcing you into it. And it's pretty self-explanatory as well, pre-order Torchlight 2, and get a beta key for Neverwinter. Pretty straightforward for anyone who understands basic English.

i agree with this guy
  • dclanskiedclanskie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I for one am anxious to play this new twist on NeverWinter. But back to what this thread is really about... I do not see the problem in throwing in a bonus beta key for those who order TL2... Never played Torchlight but you have to admit, it's a slick way to sell some extra copies of the game XD

You have your torchlight fans who will no doubt buy it, then you have those who are willing to pre order a game they probably will not even play just to get a shot at an early start in NeverWinter. I for one am one of those that will pre order a game I most likely will not play because my eye is on the real prize.

Could be worse... pre order this game and we'll throw in a spiffy special box that can sit on your shelf and collect dust like a champ! Then this thread wouldn't even exist!

Just ready to open my email and see that Beta Key >.<

See you in NeverWinter!
  • rahverahve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 35
    edited June 2012
    So.. when do we get some news about the Beta, or even the launch of TL2? I preordered this almost two months ago and haven't heard squat from either.
    It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

- W.E.H.
  • spellchekcspellchekc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm dying to find out about both. Looks like they have an August 28th date to compete with!
    August 28th!
  • dgwhisk3ydgwhisk3y Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    spellchekc wrote: »
    I'm dying to find out about both. Looks like they have an August 28th date to compete with!

That August 28th release date for TL2 is not official.
    see this dev post on the official forums:
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28834&start=20#p253055

When do we get out Neverwinter beta keys!

b:thanks
  • vindevereauxxvindevereauxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't think there will be physical keys, per-se: I think they're going to let people in slowly, and people who pre-ordered TL2 will be let in slowly. At least, that's what I've gathered. I've been wrong before. They said you're guaranteed access, but no one said "first day" or "from day one." I expect that they'll email people once it gets closer to the launch.

If they were REALLY smart, they'd roll it out by pre-order date, and then email everyone at the same time, before the beta even launches, with the date they will be able to get in. That way people won't be as likely to cry I PRE-ORDERED WHY I NOT IN BETA. The key phrase is "won't be as likely," meaning there will be qq'ing.
  • devoteoftempusdevoteoftempus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 473 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2012
    dgwhisk3y wrote: »
    That August 28th release date for TL2 is not official.
    see this dev post on the official forums:
    http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28834&start=20#p253055

When do we get out Neverwinter beta keys!

b:thanks

You might be in for a rude awakening, as was mentioned with the lifetime subs of CO/STO that the lifesubs will not get day one access but eventually which the same applies to TL2 Beta keys I would reckon.