test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NGC - Roleplaying Community

124»

Comments

• psychodracpsychodrac Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, if I look back at the original purpose of this thread, then all I have to say is this: I think it is a great idea to form ideas for guilds already now, even though the details of NW are not out yet. Most people think of guilds as being good or evil - I would (through my post in the Guild section) also like to propose a "Neutral" guld - one that does not just flip-flop sides whenever it is convenient (such as during a battle), but rather keeps an eye on the balance of power, and tries to hold this so it does not lean too much to one side or the other. With a will to re-establish my long ago passion of rpg's (harking back to the first MMPORG's in the 1990's, I would not mind investing the time to build up such a guild in the "new" NWN.
  • vashthedrunkvashthedrunk Member Posts: 45
    edited July 2012
    I would be intrested in joining a roleplaying community that supports multiple factions and guilds.

Why don't you guys make a Facebook page so everyone can join and chat ooc on the FB page? It's easy and free.
  • ryhondaryhonda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'll be drafting a webbie up soon enough.
  • endingdawnendingdawn Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2012
    If you still need a storyteller still I'de be game to do that when the game finaly comes out. But I havent read even half of the many series there are for Faerun. But I know almost all of Drizzts books. Given the resources I could easily commit the other books to memory in my spare time and have plenty of tales to be told.
    edited July 2012
    Well Reillan you wont have to worry for the demon part. If they wish to claim they are half demon they'de have to be a teifling in this game, rulling out any bad rp on that part. And if I remember correctly(Not sure if its right) Angels in this base storyline arent like other ones. They are Prideful and vain, they wouldnt deign to lay with a being of a lower plane and would consider the child an abomination.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    endingdawn wrote: »
    Well Reillan you wont have to worry for the demon part. If they wish to claim they are half demon they'de have to be a teifling in this game, rulling out any bad rp on that part. And if I remember correctly(Not sure if its right) Angels in this base storyline arent like other ones. They are Prideful and vain, they wouldnt deign to lay with a being of a lower plane and would consider the child an abomination.

I was wondering a lot if I should comment here or not since it is an internal thread for guild, but in the end I ended up commenting to help roleplay ;p There have been a few changes in stories and myths.

In 4e, demons and devils are separate. In old days, elementals were demons and gods fought them. Asmodeus (devil god) was primal angel of strongest now-forgotten god. Asmodeus defeated and imprisoned the demons(elementals). He later became devil god.

So demon(related with elementals) is different than devil(related to nine hells).

Tieflings are no longer Progeny of devils. They are descendants of humans whose ancestors had devilish pact(they are twisted humans basically).

Angels also no longer have any cross-breeding with humans as instead of aasimar concept, we have devas. Devas are reincarnation of gods who do not reproduce. They are basically avatars of gods but live seperate lives. They die when outside of astral plane.

Sorry to disrupt your internal discussions, but couldn't resist giving a few updates on changes in lore.
    edited July 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    I was wondering a lot if I should comment here or not since it is an internal thread for guild, but in the end I ended up commenting to help roleplay ;p There have been a few changes in stories and myths.

In 4e, demons and devils are separate. In old days, elementals were demons and gods fought them. Asmodeus (devil god) was primal angel of strongest now-forgotten god. Asmodeus defeated and imprisoned the demons(elementals). He later became devil god.

So demon(related with elementals) is different than devil(related to nine hells).

Tieflings are no longer Progeny of devils. They are descendants of humans whose ancestors had devilish pact(they are twisted humans basically).

Angels also no longer have any cross-breeding with humans as instead of aasimar concept, we have devas. Devas are reincarnation of gods who do not reproduce. They are basically avatars of gods but live seperate lives. They die when outside of astral plane.

Sorry to disrupt your internal discussions, but couldn't resist giving a few updates on changes in lore.

No interruption at all for me atleast. I need to study up on the Lore for D&D thats gonna be a hole in my wallet to buy books though. T-T But worth it if this game turns out to be good. I've always been a fan of Salvatore's work especially Drizzt's tales considering I own Most of them. And I'de love to learn more so that I can be an efficent storyteller/lorekeeper as a Roleplay Character.

-Endingdawn (AKA Logaine Drayke/Al'Tishara for those who recognise my name in WoW.)
  • ryhondaryhonda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Just got e-mail about my torchlight 2 pre-order beta key. I'm really looking forward to seeing what we have to work with in terms of game to host our RP Community over it!
  • entropyratentropyrat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I just wanted to post an update that this concept for a RP community hasn't been dropped. The interest in forming this is still there and we're fully intending on continuing with this initiative. At the moment we're just waiting for the game to be a little bit closer to launch.
    If you're a RPer and looking for a place to play your Neverwinter PC pre-launch please check out the following thread. Sigil: Planar Legends
  • kitalrikitalri Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've got to ask, is this just a recruitment for just a guild or for the 'leaders' of the rp community?

I like the idea, don't get me wrong but I've seen it fail way too many times, those that can get put in charge may not be liked by others or have had the chance to form their characters with another.

There was a council in WoW and it all went wrong, they tried to force others to do things that didn't suit their characters.

I just feel that there shouldn't be faction leaders as it gives someone control over an entire faction, I mean if you think about it you will have maybe guilds who are in a grey area and want private dealings with another guild in a different faction, if I have understood it right they may have to let it be known to the leader, which spoils the emmersion in a way.

I guess mainly in my view if you try to direct things too much it'll bite the hand that feeds it. It's better to say get up an external site up where people can recruit and maybe do the faction 'leaders' as moderators for different factions on that forum. The story writers can maybe keep an eye on events and put it on the forums for others to be kept up to date oocly at least.

I mean technically with this idea it seems a bit "You have to join this idea or be seperated" especially if a lot of people join this community, as it'll maybe affect people if they join later on in the games time and don't know where to start and so on.

So as I said if it's a forum idea then I fully support it. But if you want control over the community sort of thing I don't >< but it's hard to understand with what you've written especially at the start at the original post.

Disclaimer: This isn't a flame just wanting to understand more.