test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sure it makes food hot, but can you play Neverwinter on it?

blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
edited December 2021 in Off Topic
Almost a year ago, KFC announced their new game console on CNN. I was told they were going to be available this Christmas for all my friends. I can't find any news about the release date. Am I being trolled by KFC? :trollface:

Here is the problem, if this has been a big hoax all along, I not only lose respect for Kernel Saunders and CNN who reported... the fake news, but the other companies backing them up such as; Cooler Master, Intel, Asus, and Seagate. When is Santa Chicken coming to town!?

KFConsole by Cooler Master Specifications
  • Intel Nuc 9, Core i9 9th Gen CPU
  • ASUS swappable GPU slot
  • PCIe NVMe 6 times faster speed and loading time
  • Two Seagate BarraCuda 1TB SSD
Features
  • VR Ready
  • Keeps food warm!!
  • Supports Ray Tracing
  • 240 FPS with up to 240 GHZ
  • Smooth 4K TV gaming
I asked, and Wal Mart is not stocking them. :angry:

Just killing time...
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    The question that is not answered is what software it will be running.

If this is just a PC in a console-type package, you should be able to run (most) PC programs on it.

If this is truly a new console with a new operating system, all software/games would have to be developed specially for it. That would represent a huge effort and is unlikely to happen. I think the console market of today is fairly saturated, so why introduce a brand new console?

Edit: Googled this
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2021/02/26/5-things-you-really-need-to-know-about-the-kfc-console/?sh=56955fef12dd

It is actually just a PC in a special wrapping.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    So you think this will be the next Phantom Game Console?

The Phantom was built but never released. It was a Windows PC you can see from the promo video everyone thought it was a hoax.

If you look at the interface in the video (time 1:23) in the lower left is the MS Windows logo. Then it quickly flashes at 2:34 "Custom OS built on Windows XPe Kernel". This video came out around about the era when XBox was king of the hill.

BTW everything that you play video games on is a PC. Atari, Commodore, Colecovision, made arcade cabinet home PC's. They have only made slight changes over the years from ROM cartridges, CDs, DVDs, and whatnot. The PS4 is branded a console because I don't do taxes on it? But in reality I could, it would be better if I used my cellphone, which is just another PC.

Just killing time...