Please use this thread to report general module feedback. Specific feature feedback threads will be added soon.
Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs
For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!
Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, asking a question, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:
This text will display in cyan. This text will display in red.
I believe changing trophies/achievements is not easy so please look at those trophies and make sure they are still achievable in other ways or you might out off a lot of new people from starting the game.
> The Maze Engine Transmute Vendor has disappeared. Where will we get those transmutes and also the Svardborg banner from. Also there were a variety of cloaks and weapons there as well.
Try pressing square in the Maze Engine Campaign as they show in the Shop there on live as well as at the Vendor.
1) Characters that have either bought the campaign completion for EE campaign or the level 70 boost which also gives the EE campaign completion for a character are not showing as completed for the character. Forcing the player to play though the campaign. This could be since EE is now an adventure instead of a campaign.
2) Paladin cannot complete the basic adventuring (teaching the basic combat rules in the new training area) with the TAB mechanic if a paragon path has been selected. If no paragon path is selected it will work.
3) The quest "Gathering seeds for goodness" wants you to go to the isle of the wind and flame at the pirates skyhold zone. The pirates skyhold zone no longer exists. The quest will need to be updated or deleted.
4)Sybella is MIA. Yet my characters have active legacy campaign quests to complete and to turn in. Legacy campaign quests should be deleted or Sybella needs to be found.
I really like the training room in terms of being able to test things and is a clear step up from the previous testing methods we've had in the game. I do think that there should be a few tweaks made to the training room to better help test things, such as:
Is it possible to have an infinite HP mirage enemy to constantly attack and constantly be in combat with?
Sometimes, you want to check certain mechanics while in combat, but the enemies just die before you can finish what you want, or you randomly get out of combat when trying to check things.
Is it possible to individually set enemy clones/allies to a certain percentage of HP? Such as "ally is at 25%/50/75%/100% of maximum HP" or "enemy is at 25/50/75/100% of max HP"?
This would be helpful for testing certain mechanics that trigger at threshholds of HP, such as the new "10% more damage/outgoing healing based on the % difference between your target's HP and yours".
Could the "Summon Illusionary (x)" also say the type of entity that will spawn? Such as "enemy illusion" or "allied illusion"?
I know the healable ones say "wounded", but most of the other settings don't state what they're summoning and leads to some fumbling around trying to figure out which entity you're looking for.
Can there be an option to negate specific enemy stats? Such as "enemy Defense is set to 0" or "enemy Deflect Chance is 0" or "enemy Critical Avoidance is set to 0"?
I know the combatlog provides base damage and players can work backwards on the math from there, but it would be very helpful to be able to negate certain enemy stats such as getting rid of enemy Deflects or Defense to make backwards calculation easier.
Is it possible to spawn bosses in the training room with their full mechanics?
I know that players can train by physically going into any dungeon instance, but sometimes, you want to cut to the chase and practice one specific thing within the "safety" of the training room without needing to burden a real group with inexperience.
For instance, a new healer might want to check how the Boreworm heal check might go rather than making randoms mad when they find out they can't do it. A new tank might want to learn the patterns of Zaphael (boss 2) in IC.
Training room is a very good idea, it will definetely help people testing and trying out their builds.
I agree everything with the post above, I would say there should be also a boss enemy with a large amount of hp, maybe something like 100 million hp, so we can test builds, make parses, compare times about how much time was needed to kill the enemy. Basically a benchmark source.
1. Elemental Evil, I never purchased it, I did it when it was new, the whole thing. In the journal in Mod 21 is says that I have only 15/22 in Rec Rock, 1/26 in Spinward Rise. I repeat I did this back when it was over 32 missions in an area. Hitting the continue story give error "The adventure can't be continued at this time."
Rec Rock incomplete Tombs of the Watchful, Scouting the Forest, Black Earth Survey, Deployment Orders, Stealing Their Mettle, Training Manuals, Adepts of Ascension.
Spinward Rise Completed Trouble on the Winds.
I have tried going to both adventure zones, there are no quests for me to pickup, and Morningstar only has "Gathering Seeds" which is located in Pirates Skyhold, which as an earlier person posted, does not exist
Some Feedback on the new random queues:
Having the same AD reward for the trial queue and the advanced dungeon queue is kind of weird considering the dungeons take way longer to complete and are probably harder for the average player.
Also the regular dungeon queue now has almost every dungeon that exists. I haven't done any dungeon on preview but having something like FBI in the same queue as The Frozen Heart is a weird balance unless the difficulty and length of the dungons gets completely reworked.
Suggestion: Introduce a third queue like we had before. The hardest queue can have CR, TIC, LOMM and TONG, the medium queue can have what currently is the random epic dungeon queue minus TONG and LOMM And the easy queue is for the "leveling" dungeons. Maybe move LOL and Valindra's tower to the easy queue as well because they are on the easy side.
- I believe that reducing the level cap from 80 to 20 is a cataclysmic mistake. I am well aware that D&D 5 rules are capped at level 20 but that is a ruleset intended to meet the time restrictions of table-top gameplay, but it is not a reasonable rule for a video game that can be played over the course of months and/or years.
- The level 20 cap severely breaks progression. A video game RPG has a degree of progression to both story and character development. A level 80 character should feel powerful and not be routinely hamstrung by level-scaling to create an artificial challenge. Neverwinter was such a game that offered a reasonable sense of progression until Mod 16 introduced level scaling. But this? Kicking us in the shins by demoting our characters from 80 to 20 is... insulting, to put it mildly/grossly disrespectful, to be more honest. Why would anybody feel invested in a paltry level 20 character when they have spent time and effort into making a level 80 character? Come to think of it, I can actually play a game with my level 40 Pale Master Monk on the ancient (DVD/not Beamdog) Neverwinter Nights Platinum right now... and that's still 20 levels above this "modern" video game. This is a really bad move.
- The Bard is nice but it has a major game-breaking problem. The current game mechanic introduced through Mod 20's combat rework requires all players to dodge and reposition themselves to avoid being flanked by the enemy. With my other classes, I'm literally running all over the map to avoid being flanked. However, for the Bard to sing, he must stand still long enough for the player to hit numbers/notes... aaaaand he's dead. The musical component of the Bard is a major problem UNLESS you reinstate companion roles so Bards can use a Tank companion to competently hold the agro of mobs long enough to get a song out without dying in the process.
- Missing content. I am aware that a certain "chef" wanted to make Neverwinter Stew. What he gave us was a steaming bowl of gruel when what the actual players want is a video game. Less is not more in the world of video games... especially an MMO that has to compete against other MMOs (SWTOR, PhantasyStar Online2, World of Warcraft, Guildwars2, ESO) that are bigger and grander in size and content. FOCUS! Neverwinter is not a stew!
I guess I'll be taking a break from Neverwinter... again.[/color=#FF0000]
I saw at the Antiquities Vendor that there was a turn in for Completetion tokens for Maze Engine, Elemental Evil and Old Shrandar. What I didn't see was one for AI or Underdark which are also available to sell currently. Also what happens to the old currencies for those campaigns because there's not an exchange for those as well. Final question how are we supposed to buy Demonic Keys and other similar keys for Dungeons when you got rid of the corresponding campaign? I would figure you would add them to the AD Market like you did Malabog and Hunt but they're not there yet. .
Now we get mythic insignias, its a good upgrade. But 2500 powder for a single insignia to upgrade to mythic is bit too much. We already recently received collars, and Im sure 99% of the community doesn't even have a single mythic collar. We still need to get a loooot of powder and shards to upgrade collars, on top of that now we need even more for mythic insignias.
I think we need more sources of getting insignia powder and legendary shards. Or maybe upgrade cost of mythic insignias can be reduced a bit.
Is Progress Reward available only once a day?
If yes, please make it repeatable - we need some rewardable solo content.
If no, please fix - my progress stoped after completing it once.
Specifically for the Leveling Adventures primarily from existing players perspective with some additional side notes.
Leveling Adventure on a pre-mod 21 fully complete character
- Neverdeath 16/18 - enforcing re-learning of things like "lock boxes", not the greatest experience.
1. Equip a mount (already done, same selection, claimable mount goes to bin
2. Shimmering keys and lockboxes. Indicator points to inventory with no clear relevance or path after entering inventory (potential perspective of new player). As #1 for rewards.
3. Invocation - [Error]You may only have one of a unique item. Irrelevant as an error but relevant in unecesssary repetition. (Side note, does invocation reset for the quest if you are in an existing cool-down?)
4. Companion: As #1 rewards. Dismissing and resummoning a companion doesn't complete the quest. As per #1 rewards, you're literally have to discard the companion to complete quest where the companion already existed.
5. Speak with Sgt Knox about dungeon queues: Map indicator shows Sgt Knox as inside the Adventurer's guild, not outside as he is
6. Training Room: Again, should be optional. Pre-existing players may find issue with "test dummy" dying before completion of tasks (tip: unsummon your companion). Bare in mind this will have to be repeated on every single character, all of it.
- Whilst the battle with Valindra to gain entry to the Adventurer's guild is "easy", I'd consider it's overall difficulty versus a new player, especially with the red zones in phasing almost one shotting a fully geared endgame player.
- Vellosk 18/19
1. Learn about mail, AH, AD, as above. Optional skip would be QoL.
- Ebon Downs 13/14
1. Speak to Sgt Knox, speak to guild registrar, back to Know (skip skip skip)
- Icespire Peak 14/15
1. Learn about enchantments and refining
- The Chasm 16/17
1. Speak to Tarhum about Artifacts (as above): Re-completing the vault, essentially the balance here is possibly right enough to make this "ok". Old players probably have all the rewards as prior, some players who previously completed may be able to get a "second" reward they don't have. New players get "A" reward. General conclusion, should be optional with completion.
2. Speak to Fadre about mounts/insignias
- Whispering Caverns 20/23
1. Into the Unknown, Go to Soren Ravaris - So erhmm, picks up middle of the adventure with no clear indicator, quest path shows as going to Whispering Caverns, makes sense but when you go there, there is no quest path or map indicator for anything. There is no journal quest either related to picking this up. I'm assuming there should be an indicator for the portal to the upper levels here, would help a lot of people out who probably haven't done this in years and have no recollection of the upper vault or it's entrance. (2025, 1175 for reference).
(note: all these incomplete transition adventures are being kicked off by using the "Continue Story" element.)
So, anyway, once you speak to him, you're basically "completing the end quest of the Upper Vault", in essence, it's a jogging quest that should probably been auto complete within the transition to mod 21 where previously complete.
2. Speak to Knox, speak to Neverember, speak to knox: repeat rewards minus the belt pack?
So all in all, I'm glad that everythings completable without any major issues but there's some much needed qol needed all over this. Especially in the light of having to (re)do this per character.
Notes on leveling adventures end rewards.
Improved Bag of holding/Epic Flail Snail/Rare Mount Collar/Mystic Phoera/Rank 8 Runestone Choice Pack/Rank 8 Weapon Enchantment Choice Pack
All these above rewards, inclusive of contents are bound to character. I feel this is a step backwards in light of somewhat recent changes to binding statuses amongst mounts/companions. In short, consider making them account bound and/or account wide where applicable, this could be coupled with the requirement of having to do it on every alt in order to diminish repetition. Rather than repeating the same quest for the same reward X times, an account wide on a single completion (ideally with a carry through to alts unless "optional skip completion" implemented) would be a much better QoL change. These are essentially all rewards that an account bound status would be a massive improvement, allowing a player to help an alt out versus, repeatedly discarding useful items on a character that can't do anything with them.
These two below rewards are currently in a different state.
1. Epic Insignia Choice Pack: Unbound pack with bound to character contents. I mean it's great but is it intentional?
2. Rank 8 single stat enchantment pack: Bound to character pack with bound to account content. Again as above, great but is it intentional?
Side note for clarity, this is all fine, we're all going to mass skip it's just messy as a an old player transitioning as the quests pop up across different adventures in same places, so it's an npc click spam. Full completes as a transition would have been more appropriate so as to not have to re-run every character back through it for "re-completion".
Side Note 2: Pre-warnings for any resets should be made before any patches upgrades. I noticed an ability reset and a skill placement reset in this current preview. Obviously relevant if it was to occur on live.
Side Note 3: Bounties? Is it the intention to remove these altogether, even in existing areas such as whispering caverns? The npc is there but no longer interactable. What will happen with existing bounty currencies? Are we to treat the current live server as last chance saloon for ALL relevant bounty collection npcs?
Side Note 4: Teleport locations? I noticed PE has moved, unsure if intentional or whether this is similar everywhere.