test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector's Jubilee Garden no longer lets you in

2»

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Because the key was consumed when you first unlocked it... If the fix was just to try and make keys work, it wasn't directed at the right place.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    now they should apologize to everyone by giving free access to all characters because I got really tired of these bugs
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    @nholmesdev#5601 @nitocris83 Despite the patch notes saying it's been fixed, my characters can still not go in.
    Additional feedback:
    It's nice that you added an auctioneer to replace the Salvager, but since this place it right in between the bank and the auction house already, it would've made more sense to go with anything else :P. At least the Relic of the Past is gone now. Did you know the Salvager also still has his stand in the Seven Suns Coster Market? He's in between the Incentive trader and the Professions Material Supplier.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Seeing I was always jumping over the wall to go to the banks, a bank would have been better or even both normal and guild. You can access the AH from the top toolbar wherever u are anyway. I hope the salvager stays in the market despite having nothing to do, at least that little area looks good and adds visual interest.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • buxyboybuxyboy Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    same issue here. Despite the latest patch claiming the protector's garden is accessible this is NOT the case. Please call another locksmith... or let us all in.

• nholmesdev#5601 nholmesdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 15 Cryptic Developer
    dillygirl said:

@nholmesdev#5601 @nitocris83 Despite the patch notes saying it's been fixed, my characters can still not go in.

Okay, we'll take another look and copy one of the broken characters to my machine so I can test with it. We tested the fix before we released it, yet there appears to be something else going on.

Apologies for the issue! We'll get this fixed ASAP!

dillygirl said:

Okay, we'll take another look and copy one of the broken characters to my machine so I can test with it. We tested the fix before we released it, yet there appears to be something else going on.

Apologies for the issue! We'll get this fixed ASAP!
    My character DreamGirly@dillygirl is broken. I havent logged into my character Violet Sunharp@dillygirl since the patch that made this problem occur. I don't know if she can get in after your fix, which would mean loading the character in removed the access (caused by the patch) rather than the patch directly.

How this system is supposed to work, step by step (someone else already explained it as well but Ill make it step by step):
    1. You have free access to the Garden during the Jubilee event. Outside of the event, you do not, unless you have unlocked it.
    2. During the Jubilee event you need to collect event currency to buy things, including the Protector's Garden Key. This is an item that is account bound and can be transferred to your other characters. It is also quite expensive, and you generally are only able to get one or two per event run. They might also have rarely dropped from the sharing of drinks thing.
    3. The item works like a voucher. When you put it in your inventory, and open the door to the Garden, the voucher is consumed and the game somehow remembers that that character has access to the Garden.

Theory crafting:
    - From the wording of the patch, it sounded like you made sure that the Vouchers (Protector's Garden Key) work correctly now, of which I don't know if they were broken in the first place, as it is a one time use item. We are talking about our access still being revoked.
    - Since you probably cleaned up the event code and data, you might have deleted the relevant column in the database. This column would be 'on' for DreamGirly@dillygirl and 'off' for Draa'vi@dillygirl.
    - If you'd copy Violet Sunharp@dillygirl and she still has access, while DreamGirly doesn't, it was caused by something that was deleted/removed/forgotten on login. In which case it might be something like a (hidden?) quest or something else that would be updated once you log into the character.
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have had account access since the first Jubilee since I spent the grind time and did the key purchase. Now your "fix" for something that wasn't even necessary broke it? It's really no big deal, just give folks the access because with the exception of the portal, everything that is there is within a couple seconds of each other anyway. If I was relatively new to the game I wouldn't even waste the event currency on it because of this fact. I haven't even used it in forever since I have VIP and can just pop up what I need to include a signpost. Instead of wasting manhours on "bugs" like this, why don't you worry about fixing the fact that monsters in the zones are attacking and killing each other instead of playing nicely together and trying to kill us. You know like they did before you broke it with the rework I won't mention. Take a trip through Whispering Caverns for one example and you will see what I mean.
    I'm still waiting for an answer where my key?
  • thizonattothizonatto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same problem here
    they are waiting for us to forget so they don't work or don't know how to solve the problem
    I think they just can't work out why it's happening or if they do know they don't want to change the code back which they may have already changed for the Jubilee event. I'm only guessing.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    This issue was more challenging that initially thought. We have a fix built and ready to go this coming Wednesday. We observed some strange behavior, but because the new backend bug we observed worked in the favor of the player, we’ve decided not to rush to address it.

This issue was more challenging that initially thought. We have a fix built and ready to go this coming Wednesday. We observed some strange behavior, but because the new backend bug we observed worked in the favor of the player, we’ve decided not to rush to address it.

This thread's bug has been fixed in todays patch. Version: NW.125.20210524a.8

Thanks for putting it live anyway. I don't think I encountered that strange behaviour. From my point of view it seems to be working as intended again.

- Characters that were previously able to access the Garden are now able to access it again
    - Characters that were previously unable to access the Garden are still unable to access it
    - My character that I hadn't logged in on since it broke is still able to access the Garden

That leaves the only remaining related test case: Does using a voucher key to unlock the Garden on a new character still work / work again? (I don't even know if that was broken or not)
    After the event, most of my characters that were previously unable to access the garden outside of the event, can now access it. That must be the bug that persisted. I'm guessing it's all characters that entered the Garden at any point in time during the event?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Once again after the MOD update and Jewel of the North roll out, I find my character locked out of the protector's garden. I got my garden pass many years ago and have been able to access protector's garden since at least MOD6. Just prior to the anniversary celebration I got locked out and I turned in a ticket but because the anniversary opened the garden, I figured problem solved and didn't follow up. Now I'm locked out again and not happy about it.
    DD~
    Same.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Same here. *Every single character* on my account. Even the character I started with in early access. Who has had access since the first event. None of which had the bug on the last go round. All of which who are locked out once they leave the Garden area. Frustration compounds frustration with Mod21. The wife's account has the same issue. So do my kids accounts. Lots of FFIV talk going on around Casa De Cthon (and in the kids homes, too - our family Discord is blowing Dad - me - up right now, lol).

In addition to the NPC's, it's a nice central location to park toons to invoke, and run to (guildbank, shorter trip to WS, map portal, etc) for the kids and the wife's account, who only intermittently have VIP, because they're guppies and play sporadically.
    @dionchi @rockster#6227 @cthon Please refer to the new thread, as this is a bug re-occurance and it was previously fixed, I have made a new thread for it. I think that makes it more clear to the Neverwinter team that this is a new thing that just popped up. Please post about this in the new thread, rather than this old one.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261949/the-protectors-garden-no-longer-lets-you-in-again
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    dillygirl said:

@dionchi @rockster#6227 @cthon Please refer to the new thread, as this is a bug re-occurance and it was previously fixed, I have made a new thread for it. I think that makes it more clear to the Neverwinter team that this is a new thing that just popped up. Please post about this in the new thread, rather than this old one.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1261949/the-protectors-garden-no-longer-lets-you-in-again

Yeah, perhaps you didn't notice but I also posted in the new thread - right after I posted about it here first to show this is a reoccurring problem, not simply one of those things that occasionally occur whenever a major mod is released. But I suppose I should have included a link to the new thread when I posted in the old one.
    DD~
  • zurimorzurimor Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    I just want to ask when this will be fixed. Has been some year now, so it would be about time.
    Apparently it doesn't matter to them how much time has passed since a bug was first reported, it can be years and they still say it's not a priority. I'm still waiting on a 3+ year-old bug to be fixed.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    zurimor said:

I just want to ask when this will be fixed. Has been some year now, so it would be about time.

AFAIK it is fixed for everyone else? It's been working fine for me since it was addressed 2 years ago.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    pitshade said:

zurimor said:

AFAIK it is fixed for everyone else? It's been working fine for me since it was addressed 2 years ago.
    The first character I tried (happens to get into PE for Sybella) that I know he had access works. Granted, I have not tried every character. Personally, I try to avoid getting into PE. Hence, I don't really care about the Garden.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    zurimor said:

Yeah, it was fixed for me after the +-3rd time they fixed it. We've even had another run of the event in between. I havent been up there (a lot) since Winter Fest so Ill make sure to check once servers are up, but I've been able to access the Garden since like a week or 2 or so after my last comment.

Keep in mind that you do need to have a key (looks like a ticket) from the event store, and that the key is per character. The key is consumed upon first entering the Garden with that character, and there is no way to see if you have used a key on a character as far as I know. Without the key, you can only access the Garden when the Protectors Jubilee event is on.