test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Protector's Jubilee Garden no longer lets you in

dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
The Protector's Jubilee Garden, which is the upstairs area in between the bank and the auction house, requires a key obtained during the event to access it out of the event. Since the update patch a few minutes ago, this area became inaccessible to characters that do/did have the key.

I don't know yet if it removed my key or if it's just not letting me in. If anyone knows where that key is normally stored, let me know. I didn't spot it in key items/useful items.

Comments

• horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2021

same thing I can no longer enter what happened I want an explanation
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    @dillygirl there is no actual key you can find, it just awards an imaginary key which permanently unlocks the area for that character, but once unlocked there is no item anywhere for you to access or see, the only way you know you have the key is to go to the door and see if it's in green and allows you in. I have three old characters all parked there at the altar, I'll go in shortly and see if they're still in there, then I'll get one of them to exit and see if I can get back in again.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    that some admin will answer the question where my key is, I want it back
    Yup. It's bugged. I just logged into one of the characters parked there and he left and can't get back in now, telling me I have to have the key. He's had the key for years. Rather than take screenshots I just made this video.

https://youtu.be/akmFjMn0HQE

Yup. It's bugged. I just logged into one of the characters parked there and he left and can't get back in now, telling me I have to have the key. He's had the key for years. Rather than take screenshots I just made this video.

https://youtu.be/akmFjMn0HQE

great you did well has to make a video so they realize the nonsense they combine
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    So basically they are taking away stuff we earned already? I don't understand I worked hard to get the key for that place on many toons and why did they take it away so we have to earn it again? Please explain?

My only thought is maybe they are re-designing it to be different and they need to keep everyone out in the mean time?
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Ok, it is my fault :-)
    Back in April I posted the following

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1260995/jubilee-no-protectors-garden-key

Alerting them to the fact that chaos will once again rule during Jubilee unless an actual Key is created to live in the Key tab of inventory and allow us to 'know' during Jubilee which characters need to earn access. My guess is the bug we are all experiencing today is because someone released the 'new' code to the garden without actually giving everyone a real shiny key for their inventory ..... or they removed access from everyone so they could get more Zen sales on Protector Figurines during the upcoming event ... I don't know what they were thinking, but here we are.

@nitocris83 What did y'all do now?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Locked out as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    if people kept quiet maybe it would be better for everyone
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Thanks @nholmesdev#5601 , looking forward to the patch.
    Post edited by hexngone#5489 on
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

@dillygirl there is no actual key you can find, it just awards an imaginary key which permanently unlocks the area for that character, but once unlocked there is no item anywhere for you to access or see, the only way you know you have the key is to go to the door and see if it's in green and allows you in. I have three old characters all parked there at the altar, I'll go in shortly and see if they're still in there, then I'll get one of them to exit and see if I can get back in again.

Thanks, I hadn't logged into my cleric at all yet to make sure if it's something that gets deleted, at least she still has it. If there is no item, no reason not to log in... Or maybe Ill hold it off just a few days more until we know if they're going to fix this.

Everyone reading this, Can you click 'Agree' at the top of this thread because that's what they look for when deciding whether a bug needs to be looked into or not.

This is more than likely an error. I'll take a look, apologies for the inconvenience!

Ah, awesome! Thank you. Hope it can be fixed soon.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited June 2021

I can still access the garden and I have what everyone says doesn't exist! An inventory item of a key :) The wavy looking voucher thing in the top left corner of the SS.

It also says quite clearly "redeemed after first use" which means it is used up and goes away. You haven't used that one yet or it's bugged.
    In any case I took this a few moments after I wrote the above, I went and checked and the character who has had access for years still is unable to get back in so it's still not fixed yet.

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @nholmesdev#5601
    Simple solution remove the key from the database and allow free access for all users. This is something I don't use at all, seems kind of pointless to me like the private rooms up in Moonstone Mask. Apparently people like this area or the thread would not exist.
    Here u go:

edited June 2021

@nholmesdev#5601
    Simple solution remove the key from the database and allow free access for all users. This is something I don't use at all, seems kind of pointless to me like the private rooms up in Moonstone Mask. Apparently people like this area or the thread would not exist.

It's a nice small area that has a mailbox, tradebar store and (potions) store all next to eachother. It also used to have a Salvager, which is still there but doesn't do anything. It would be nice if he could be replaced with a Professions vendor. It's one of the nicer places to park your toons at.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited June 2021

It also says quite clearly "redeemed after first use" which means it is used up and goes away. You haven't used that one yet or it's bugged.

I am very sure the voucher like Garden key is 'gone' when the character first used it (at least, when it was introduced). I used to make many vouchers so that I could pass that to the alt. I still have one (unused) in the shared bank (not personal bank).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited June 2021
    dillygirl said:

@nholmesdev#5601

It's a nice small area that has a mailbox, tradebar store and (potions) store all next to eachother. It also used to have a Salvager, which is still there but doesn't do anything. It would be nice if he could be replaced with a Professions vendor. It's one of the nicer places to park your toons at.
    The vip lounge in Moonstone Mask has mailbox, tradebar store, Potion and kits merchant. The kit merchant is good because VIP cannot call that up and I don't want to go to PE to get skill kit. Loading of PE is bad. Loading of Moonstone Mask is fast. It is where I park my toons.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I immediately thought of that thread from April and thought 'they tried to fix it and messed it up'.

Good to see they've noticed though, hopefully they'll put a fix in even with all the other stuff they have going on currently.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wildwindfire#7673 wildwindfire Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yup same issue as well

I am very sure the voucher like Garden key is 'gone' when the character first used it (at least, when it was introduced). I used to make many vouchers so that I could pass that to the alt. I still have one (unused) in the shared bank (not personal bank).
    Yea, when you use the voucher on a character to access the garden it is redeemed and disappears (like all vouchers do when you use them) and you have permanent access on that character from then on but nothing anywhere you can see to show you you have the 'key'. What was screenshotted was a key voucher which was in a bank and not yet used, the poster was inferring it had been used because they had access now but the 'key' was still there citing the image of the voucher.
  • aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Yeah if this could get fixed that would be great. I normally log out from the garden as it's just a nice place to leave my toons. Kind of frustrating that some of them can't get back up now.
    there is not only that bug also the collar of the mounts steals 4 diamonds in the percentage https://ibb.co/MRZ80B2
    https://ibb.co/yqDq79d

6% for me is 41.446 not 41.442 4 diamod?

there is not only that bug also the collar of the mounts steals 4 diamonds in the percentage https://ibb.co/MRZ80B2
    https://ibb.co/yqDq79d

6% for me is 41.446 not 41.442 4 diamod?

Good find, make a separate thread for it. This one is about the protector's garden access. I made about three or four bug threads since the patch. Make sure to explain the bug in detail: what screen are you looking at, which part of it, what percentage did you expect there, what do you see. And include that picture as well.
    @nitocris83 I thought the latest patch was supposed to fix the Protector's Garden key issue so just went in to put the character back who I exited from the garden for the purposes of the video above, but found he is still locked out. Thinking we had been given a replacement voucher or something I then went to look in all possible places for something and found nothing, but I assume it's just a straight fix without all that and you just can access it again as before if you already had access. So it appears the issue has not been fixed as stated in the patch notes.

@nitocris83 No, the patch does not work. My characters who could access with the original keys many years ago still cannot get in.
    A locksmith has seen to the door to the Protector’s Garden. Players with keys should once again have entry. change ocksmith or fired because no one gets in