test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Battle Worn Rod almost impossible to get

blag001blag001 Member Posts: 201 Arc User
Battle Worn Rod drops from insurgency bosses.

The big problem is Insurgency is closing (Rage Bar filled) in about 5 min. and some instances don't have any chance of even see a boss spawn. So, there's the need of waiting for 2 hours for another Insurgency, and again the same thing, Rage Bar filled and some players didn't get a boss. Very frustrating. This way some players will be stucked in the need to wait 2 hours/2 hours all day long and pray to their instance have time to spawn a boss to have a CHANCE for a rod drop.
So, that's not working. That's not a chance to get the Battle Worn Rod, as there's not even a boss, not even a chance to finish an Insurgency.
We need a fix for this, please.

Comments

• mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I just waited for a few hours on the LIVE SERVER only to enter a map similar to the ones from week ago. The fire rings were there but nothing spawned. I went back through the blue portal (the red would not appear) to reset my map a few times. Others must not have had this problem because the Bal meter was going up as I was trying to find a map that worked!

Seriously if i need to jump though hoops in order to have a 0.000002% chance of the rod dropping I may as well just play something else; please fix your game Cryptic. If this was on the test server it would be a different matter, but at this point I have to wonder whey I am wasting hours of my life on a weekend for this!
  • magik#9784 magik Member Posts: 10 Arc User

yes its impossible to get it. Insurgency is closing in 3-5 min. It shoud take 30 min +, and should be removed 60min clooldown.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I'm not a big fan of the RNG within RNG. I did 8 insurgencies today and only saw a boss once. I would suggest adding a chance at the rod to the rewards for closing the rifts.
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I completely agree! I play a Drider on the server, and literally two days ago, the Bell call scale began to falter (it did not accumulate before). and people beat these riots without stopping. for several days of unlimited rebellion I could not get this rod! and now that we have fixed the dial, the rebellions occur for a couple of minutes every two hours. unrealistic to get this item. please fix it.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    same issue on BEL and Insurgency. One common comment in Zone is either No Boss , or boss no drop. I have experienced both and also in BEL. Do not worry in a couple of months it will probably be outdated anyway.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I noticed the patch notes don't mention anything about this rod. Please for the love of all that is good either increase the drop rate or change that it drops from rift completions not just bosses. I know exactly one (1) person that has gotten this Battle Worn Metal Rod out of the numerous people I am farming this with.

While you are at it, take a look at the drop rate for the Dented Metal Rod in the Mythic Box of Vallenhas Treasures so we don't have to come back and complain about that too. Would hate to be time gated by the 5th rod just like we were with rods 1 through 4 because of bugs. It's funny that the 6th and final rod was the easiest to get out of all these.
  • thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    After new mod, this game will become p2w. So, probably, battle warn rod will be in zen store or in trade bar store.
    I just can't believe that we still have problems with rods.
  • tepes#1182 tepes Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The RNG on top of RNG is really frustrating. There have to be better ways to allow players to acquire this rod.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    I strongly suspect that the rod will not drop unless you possess the box that needs it.

And since the fix to the balanced rod is making it available to most people only today, very few have had a chance at a rod drop from the insurgency boss at all.

If the battle rod drops from the insurgency, that is. I have not heard about anyone that have gotten it personally. Just rumors so far.
  • emese#4731 emese Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    They do drop. A friend of mine got it BUT! it was the first days before the patches were made. Another guildie also got it before the patch. So the question now is if the rod is still in the game. It might well be that as usual 1 bug fix introduced another new bug and the item got bugged when the patch fixing the timing of the Insurgencies was introduced. Would be nice if anybody could confirm that he/she got the rod from the insurgencies in the last week or so.
  • reeper#9973 reeper Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    @nitocris83 @asterdahl @terramak @cwhitesidedev#9752 This is crazy on one character, impossible on multi toons. Most ppl go afk for nearly 2 hours and suddenly logs in just before insurgence spawns. Avernus instances fill up a few minutes before. Some friends of mine log out of the game and set alarms to make sure they login on time. They play for 5 minutes to try get to 20% and log off again for 2 hours. The rod is a distant dream at this stage since getting 20% on multiple toons takes hours. Something needs to change.
    Multiple people in my guild have legendary boxes so it must be dropping. I can't opine on the conditions though.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    The issue basically this:
    1. To get the rod, you need a bit of luck when killing a boss.
    2. To kill a boss, it needs to spawn in the first place.
    3. A boss only has a chance (maybe 50%) of spawning when your instance reaches 100%.
    4. If Bel is summoned before your instance reaches 100%, no boss will spawn in your instance
    What is happening is that people are specifically filling up an instance with 20+ "hdps" players, and rushing to kill everything once the instance opens. Those players will, however, destroy any chance people in less populated instances have of even seeing a boss - and no boss means no drops.

An easy fix would be something like this: "One the conditions for summoning Bel (server-wide) are met, there is a grace period, of maybe 5 minutes where people have a chance to finish their instances and maybe spawn a boss and maybe get a rod drop.

As it is, it is just frustrating ... in the last 8 insurrection instances I have been in, I have seen a boss twice, and one of them disappeared within seconds after spawning as the server-wide condition for summoning Bel was reached.

Bad design...simple as that. See my complaint here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1256068/dear-cryptic-please-fire-your-qc-department
    Hoping for improvements...
    Luckily enough to just do three insurgencies. The first two, which we completed, spawned bosses and I don't think anyone got a rod, but I cannot confirm. We couldn't complete the third prior to Bel spawning in.
  • theelusiveone#4954 theelusiveone Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    It seems like they just decreased the rate at which the Bel meter increases in the patch.
    Right when the servers came up, insurgencies were active and it took more than half an hour before Bel appeared with 50+ instances open at that time.
    But the next set of insurgencies only lasted for 10 min. because now there were about 110 instances open.
    So just symptom fixing, not a real solution.
    Kevfire
    Guild Leader
    Neverwinter SOLO Alliance
  • tempus86#1158 tempus86 Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    The Bel meter needs to scale with the amount of instances that are active, or at the very least, have some sort of grace period before bel actually spawns, giving all instances a chance to finish the insurgency they have started.

Something like once the meter is full, no more insurgencies can be started, but you get and additional 2-3 minutes, before Bel arrives and everything despawns
  • hoveristhoverist Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    on Drider server I have had that one meeting did not have time to complete as has already begun Bel. considering I went in as soon as the insurgency started.
  • aelinazaelinaz Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    the rod drop rate is a real issue. I am watching ppl get so frustrated they are quitting the game. I have tried to tell them to hold on. That it will be fixed or maybe added to store. But the futility is getting to a lot of ppl and they do not think it will be addressed. I remember alabaster(s) took well over 50 Mes. Finally just bought the burnished set. RNG should be used only for lockboxes and chests in dungeons. I do not expect this will change though.