test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell Pit Difficulty?

Comments

• drakkon5drakkon5 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    ^Why are you complaining when it's still really easy to do...??? o.O
    Change your playstyle if it isn't working.
    I'm not using those boots, hearts and shield on the field, I just put shield on tab and my squishy wiz kill them all really fast.
    Also you can use bonus mount to heal yourself in there, no need to waste healthstones on there -_-
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The step up in difficulty is noticeable. More AOEs and CCs, but easy to dodge. I was still no where near running for my life. Newer players will probably be running for their life.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    7 or 8th day is a kick in the teeth... 20k IL Warlock, legendary Xuna companion, and i also only got to round 4 without ending up face down in the dirt over and over again. I had to pull all the stops out to get through the last round, including Health Stones/buff food and potions/Invocation Blessing plus several Elemental Gems.

At the end, when the book appeared in the arena for the bonus round, my only thought was "Fudge that, i'm done!". But i guess this insane increase in difficulty from stage 1 to stage 2 is working as intended to push players into spending money for the buyout.

Anyway, i'd love to see a Dev play through the current and the last stage of this event on a 18k IL character without dying... now that would be a stream i'd love to see this friday.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    23Wizard did all 5 rounds for first try, no special built, it was all about dodging and few heal potions. However instance with all that aoe fire rain and more enemies became far more laggy than in previous days. And it was fatal for me in bonus round. At the end of bonus round while I was clearing remaining enemies the lag made me stay in aoes few seconds and it was my death.

Some optimization would be nice.
    Post edited by elsunga on
  • leryodleryod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    24DC As healer did all 5 rounds without problems. Bonus round however is a nigthmare. Greater Demons have large life pools and was quickly overcomed by adds. Managed to do insane amounts of damage with staff of flowers and AoDot daily but area output damage is low as healer and had a hell of a time to even cast a heal over time. Died three times due to constant crowd control with moments where i could not move while dodging cause i had no space where to move ( too many demons ). Survived 3 deaths thanks to reviving armor enchantment and varely managed to finish to get just a single brimstone common token ( /bitterLaugh ). As a player i think this implementation is the very oposite idea of fun and makes and a complete fiasco only for the few players capable of absurd dps levels. Xuna seems to help a lot. This is not a fun challenge, this is a hamsterly hamstermost hamster hamster hamster.
  • mythdemeanourmythdemeanour Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    I did the entire set with bonus round for week two only using a couple potions to stay alive. My main is a rogue heal-bot with all mounts set to on crit, CC, etc. heals on all my mounts. Along with full tactical enchantments (only rank 10) and incoming heal companions making a total of 30ish incoming healing I usually heal much faster than I get damage. My power and CA are over 120 each so 95% of all content is trivial.

That said I still needed to use a couple heal pots while avoiding all the red I could. I survived well enough, without the power ups, others may want to save their hearts and shields for "tough" times. If this is only the second week though I cannot see anyone without a dedicated survival build and/or one that has been playing for many many years making it past the 3rd week. For a solo event it will IMO prove far too difficult for most of the population come week 3.

Not such an easy legendary after all.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I had a nice time today, also in bonus round, no Xuna or HAMSTER. However, I think scaling is a bit messy? I got 24k with 80k caps mostly, on the first day I checked and thought I wasn't really scaled, but yeah, its 80 mobs.. I dunno ... I didn't really care so far, but today I heard some complaints in game from friends around 19/20k that do not have that dmg output yet. Of course it can't compare... But tbh I think that ppl got the impression it would be an easy event for how easy it is to be 18k now. I remember that those IL-recommendations were weird before, like... Chult 10k or something? Yeah, my alts were fine with 10k after chult has been out for a while and I knew where not to stick my pinky toe in.
    I remember dying a lot in Barovia with bad gear... That also had a recommendation as far as I remember.
    I wouldn't count on that. Right now, you can actually participate with 18k. You might not get everything a Tomm-ready character can get, but thats not TOO bad in my opinion.
    I think you can try again, right? Go in after you failed or whatever, I didn't try that yet.

Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • draco#8211 draco Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    As a 21k IL fighter, I made it to round 4 of first day for week 2 and could not handle the AOE dmg and knock downs keeping me from actually being able to attack anything. First week was fun but this is stupid and no fun at all.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Although I said this back on page one, I am not here to say, I told you so. I had fun with this event for the first 7 days, but cannot continue or finish this event. I am only sad, I cannot fight the pit boss. I never had any disillusion that I would even make it this far. I did manage to beat round 1 of 5. When I was beaten so swiftly in round 2 twice, I knew right away I hit the wall.

Should anyone here have any strategy they are encouraged to post it in the community guide, it is not for rants and raves. The guide section is for helping people survive the event, you can cheer and jeer it elsewhere. Thanks!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    I will definitly stick to an aoe class, should I still do it the next time comes around. When first aggroed in bonus round, I could also not get many hits in before they knocked me first, so those hits being aoe encounters and a daily certainly was useful.
    I also popped my battlehorns. I only had the SSC on, but will go for a different arti if it continues to get harder. I will probably run around like a madman soon, who knows.

I liked the bonus round, finally more business then most of the content lately.
    - bye bye -
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Day 7 and no boss fight? I agree with you @callumf#9018 about wishing I had chosen a different character. I had no idea I was stuck playing this as the first to go in and check it out... The Zorgs are ok, but Stardust is a rouge with Xuna as a companion. I am sure they would mop the floor. Also as a wizard the boot (speed bonus) doesn't really help. I will have to go over the News on this event, but I was under the impression that Days 7, 14, and 21 are boss fights?? :disappointed:

Edit: I found the line I read.
    "Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout leading into the final showdown with the pit champion."
    Maybe this should be written; Every 7 successes will increase the difficulty and payout, leading into the final showdown with the pit champion on the last day.
    Or am I wrong?

Why would you have a final showdown in the middle?
  • ene#5785 ene Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    the problem with everything is downsizing. They have to remove it.
    It is not right that I have a pg end-game and I have to sweat to make an event because of scaling
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    ene#5785 said:

the problem with everything is downsizing. They have to remove it.
    It is not right that I have a pg end-game and I have to sweat to make an event because of scaling

Pretty much this.

Ok so I guess its Day 8 - On my AOE DPS[ish] Barbie I made it through Round 1 fairly easily [AOE Powerup]

Round 2 - Boot [useless powerup] and a used at least 2 health stones damn hard work
    Round 3 - Healing Powerup - relatively easy - 1 health stone used though
    Round 4 - Boot [useless] - hard work, made it but used 2 health stones
    Round 5 - AOE Powerup - lots of running around and 3 heal pots

Decided to run bonus round

Didn't seem too hard to me, used 2 health stone and ran around a lot. Was close to dying at least twice. Very intense. Lots of MOBs in a tight area, nowhere to really run to.

Did I enjoy it? Kind of yes. I feel a sense of satisfaction that I completed it.

But so many wont have a chance. 23k iL Barbie with three years playing experience. Newer players will get fried.
  • raiderone000raiderone000 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Day 8 goes to obsurd difficulty depending on toon IL. I had limited difficulty day 1 thru 7. Day 8 is fine until round 4 and 5.
    I even had problems on 24.5 IL OP Tank. Difficulty should remain the same from round1 thru 5. The AOE and also lag is an issue. I did bonus but wasnt going to waste resources for it. 20K toons don't cut it in Day 8... except Rogue with Dodge.

And just an observation about the Leg Mount reward, its not available after 14 days.. Its five events to get it!!!
    What is minimum particapation? 14 days? It should be 7 especially given the fact that Leg Mount won't be rewarded any time
    soon. I know I was under the initial impression, okay great 14 days n Legendary Mount here i come....NOT...
    5 EVENTs... all YEAR. if I'm reading the NEWs notes right.

Dont think its worth. I could farm AD all year and get LM of choice.
  • elsungaelsunga Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I agree 5 events for that mount is slightly over the top.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    My resume,

The first 7 days where quite boring and had to entertain myself by collecting them all and cluster them in the middle before actually engaging (pity there was no way to collect all 5 rounds in one single fight) and it was somewhat satisfactory...

Today, it was a bit better but still collected them to do my thing and it was quite entertaining.
    The extra round was even better and after collecting (when I experienced that the big demons using whip to pull and knock back) I positioned myself in a corner to avoid knock backs and swarming and did my thing with a big smile on my face..
    Without using those power up's and use of HP stones.

With this in mind I want to state here that it's IMHO doable for everyone when using some brains to find a tactic for yourself with the tools you have as class...
    After returning to PE I stayed for a while to see the (well known) Legion came alive and enjoyed my Popcorn and Diet Coke.

note, Players who know me also knows that I am just a puny tank with a weird habit. ;)

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • louchristanlouchristan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    its all about whether you have AOE attacks and how bad you got scaling down, as a 27K DC with lots of playing experience I don't find it fun or enjoyable.
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Now its on an interesting difficulty, no problems for me bc i am pretty much endgame but i would think that a normal 20k ilvl would have no problem in completing if played right (may be a harder time for a pally). Bonus round is not needed for getting the token of achievement, just for an additional brimstone. So if you have a hard time maybe you hould avoid the bonus.
    I didn't need any potions/stone of health or powerups from the field. But you guys can use them wisely, remember you can get a leg mount from this one so you might want to give all you got
    regenerde said:

legendary Xuna companion

That might be the issue (could be better with an augment compy), mind if i ask what your stats are?

Although I said this back on page one, I am not here to say, I told you so. I had fun with this event for the first 7 days, but cannot continue or finish this event

It was the other way for me, until yesterday it was pretty much running around for 2 min and kill everything then (even thinking oh snap i have to do this event again). Now there are more skill involved stuff to do (avoid areas, etc.)

Final note, as an event feedback, i would make it shorter or more "grindable". 1 run per day for 21 days solo cta is kind of a torture
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    21k Barbarian (236k HP, Blademaster). It started to get hard in round 4 and started to drink health potion. Finished bonus round but I don't know what the bonus round gave me. Drank 10 potion in total. The log shows 2 token of Brimstone and Spoils of War but I can't find the latter.

As a Barbarian, he has movement and certain encounters that shift positions. I do not have a hide out location (yet). Basically, run around the whole arena to avoid the drops/red circles.

Edit: the spoil of war probably a normal drop (from Quartermaster) and stack with others in the inventory. So, I don't know what bonus round gave me.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    My experience:

23.8k barbarian
    281k hp
    blademaster
    151k power
    R13 Bloodtheft
    R13 Lifedrinker

I had to use one health stone charge in the bonus round. I'm not sure if it's because a bunch of enemies had combat advantage on me or if some AOE effect got me. I don't think I was knocked down at that point.

My strategy:

I used three items before the fight:
    - Invocation Blessing
    - Potion of Power rank 6
    - Neverwintan Red Veins (for the extra healing)

Summoned companion: who do you think? My little sister Neemi the powrie, of course.

I made sure to always grab whatever boost was offered, and I lucked out in that I got the heart boost in the bonus round. As for the fighting, my suggestion is always watch your feet. Unless a particular enemy is being bothersome, which specific enemy I fought was almost an afterthought (except for the guys on the horses -- those got higher priority because I hate being run over). I kept my companion going with Lliira's Bell.

Overall I had fun and I was yelling, "Yeah! This is what you get for messing with redcaps!" I'm not sure how I feel about having to do such a hard fight every day, but I'll take it as it comes.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gonzakotwigonzakotwi Member Posts: 267 Arc User

21k Barbarian (236k HP, Blademaster). It started to get hard in round 4 and started to drink health potion. Finished bonus round but I don't know what the bonus round gave me. Drank 10 potion in total. The log shows 2 token of Brimstone and Spoils of War but I can't find the latter.

As a Barbarian, he has movement and certain encounters that shift positions. I do not have a hide out location (yet). Basically, run around the whole arena to avoid the drops/red circles.

Edit: the spoil of war probably a normal drop (from Quartermaster) and stack with others in the inventory. So, I don't know what bonus round gave me.

spoils of war is from quartermaster. You get 1 brimstone for completing and handing in the quest (5 rounds) and another brimstone from completing the bonus round (which is given automatically at the end of the bonus round)
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    Only major difference with bonus round was the sheer number of crowd-controlling AoEs making it more difficult to stop and fight. Still no real difficulty for geared characters even if their players have barely logged in for months *cough*. However, the difficulty is probably at the higher end for a general event.

The devs clearly intend that players make use of the arena buffs, and 2/3 of them are absurdly strong. Even players who struggle here can probably clear if they use the arena buffs; banking the temp HP shield or the regen for use in the bonus round would help them a lot.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    21K Ranger, the second phase (day 7+) is pretty much a waste of time. Can't stand still long enough to mount any kind of offense, can't dodge nearly long enough.
    @Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    25.5k Wiz with Xuna as active pet. Blew 4 heal potions and one ress scroll. Ress scroll was because of a long stun that gave them plenty of time to kill me, not sure how I can avoid that one - could be bad luck with multiple stuns stacking after each other.

I was kept a lot more busy than in the first 7 days, basically had to keep running to avoid the red stuff on the ground. Beyond the long stun, not any real problems.. AE, run, AE, run.

I still got a few improvements I can make(looking at day 14 :) ).. heal stones for better heals, demonic overloads for better offense/defense, shield on tab, upgrading my one defense runestone to r15 to properly cap defense.

If the difficulty jump after day 14 is as big as after day 7, day 15 will be interesting :)
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    There definitely was a jump in the difficulty but I am not finding it overwhelming.

23.7k tr. not much to it. start with Path of blades and then keep moving until the mobs pack somewhat close together than do 1 of the 3 following things: drop smoke bomb and then at will, stealthed Blade furry, or whirlwind of blades.

all 3 of those allow me time to kill the pack and setup for the next one. Note: do not use the second blade furry. its better to let stealth regen first instead of using it a second time.

I am also running it for another account as they are out of town. random ilevel barb (dont know it). capped offense stats other than CA and capped defense. I dont even play barb or know the names of the powers and still didn't have much in the way of difficulty. It felt even easier than with my own TR, although there wasn't much in the way of ranged mobs for this one.

rage, relentless slash until rage is done, once rage is done use the AOE encounter that is sometimes auto refreshed by relentless slash, bloodletter to regain hp, and then whatever the axe throw encounter is at the most mobs i cant hit. by that time rage is refreshed and i start the cycle again.

one big note is keep the power ups. Dont just use them immediately. Especially the heart of shield power ups. Save these for when you are below 40% health and dont think you will survive. Either of these will make you basically invulnerable for a minute.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    This is very class dependent. If you don't have big dodges you will get stun locked and death is guaranteed. If you don't have big aoe or big cc then you will be overwhelmed.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    Well, i went in again with my Fighter 20k IL this time, legendary Black Dragon Ioun Stone companion, got through all 5 rounds including the bonus one without dying, used the shield/healing buffs once or twice plus a few healing potions, this run was overall less stressful then the one with my Warlock.

Have to wait and see what happens on day 21 now...
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!