test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So they nerf healing

kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
edited August 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
From a paladin perspective, not only they reduce healing touch mag by 30% (500 to 350), they increase their divinity consumption aswell. As if thats not enough, they further reduce divinity regen from CoP. Then there are those dungeon scalling that further make heal smaller in RAQ than in REQ. When they nerf heals so bad, what skill are there to play with when u can't even out heal the damage inflict by some random shadow even when u spam it ( BTW shadow in this game are a broken mechanic. They literally suck your life till you are dead. No duration for u to recover. Goodluck solo a content with shadow in it). Its literally turn into a no skill game right now for the healer. All are just about gearing up or rely upon your party member skill to avoid damage. Healing used to be fun when u are able to manage your divinity while keeping the party alive. Healer are there to recover party member mistake by healing. Now that healing are so bad that u cant even recover their mistake but to watch them die while u waste your divinity spam healing them. I'm utterly dissapointed in Cryptic. Everytime they buff or nerf something, they tend to overdo it till it become totally pointless to exist.

From my point of view, a proper way to make healing challenging and not impossible are to mantain the healing magnitude at 500 for healing touch and increase the divinity cost as per current patch. Divinity regen from CoP should be nerf as per current patch while the % healing buff provide by CoP should be further buff. So its basically burst healing in exchange for sustain. That give player the challenge to manage their divinity and not to make spam heal unable to save people because that's just bad design. Anyway enough of my rant. Any opinion are welcome.

Comments

• fyrstigorfyrstigor Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Paladin have feats that makes their heal give a lot of shields. In numbers that is, my paladin was givng 250k-300k shields all the time, spent 95% of divinity on smite because i didnt need to heal often. CoP just gave even more divinity to spam smite.

While my cleric was doing 150-200k crit heals. The heal can only bring a person to max. Shields doesnt care and protect the party for a while after the heal.

It was fun while it lasted, but im happy to see the paladin being bought down to more equal standings with the cleric. For some parties the paladin is still much better than a cleric though. Dont see any problems in RAQ, everything deals much less dmg too so its gonna be about the same anyway.

U know there isnt any of those shadows in solo content right? In LoMM the shadows can seem to strong, but thats cause of stairs and stuff, so ur pet gets lost behind, and u lose all ur stats and pretty much tanks shadows naked. If u have ur pet with u while going in they are easy to heal though.

U like it being fun when u have to manage divinity, now u have to manage it even better, so by ur own words it should be even more fun.

Healing changes in mod 16 was to remove this thing where u just healed everyone all the time constant so everyone could stand in everything and not die. Further reducing healing make its more important for DPS to not stand in red, or in other words, its more important that DPS actually plays the game and not become bots to stupid to move.
  • leryodleryod Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Healing is nerfed ( as almost in everygame ) cause PvP. I doubt the benefits from saving PvP will be worth losing PvE in a game such as Neverwinter but is what we are getting. Hope the developers react before healers base reroll ( or just leave ) or maybe they are evaluating retaking lifesteal mechanics. Otherwise this game will last no longer than a year.
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

Dont see any problems in RAQ, everything deals much less dmg too so its gonna be about the same anyway.

Tell that to Ras'nisi.
    fyrstigor said:

U know there isnt any of those shadows in solo content right?

Shroud of souls.
    fyrstigor said:

In LoMM the shadows can seem to strong, but thats cause of stairs and stuff, so ur pet gets lost behind, and u lose all ur stats and pretty much tanks shadows naked. If u have ur pet with u while going in they are easy to heal though.

Yeah, if u can't save your your member from the shadow in Lomm, try that with the shadow in Tong where scaling is in effect.
    fyrstigor said:

U like it being fun when u have to manage divinity, now u have to manage it even better, so by ur own words it should be even more fun.

There is no need to manage your divinity when all the spam heal you put on someone could not out heal the damage they take eventually lead to a wipe. Heal magnitude affect your healing per second which determine your healing gauge in a content. That is usually determine by gear and not skill. Divinity management on the other hand determine how your heal are able to sustain. That is determine by skill. When u cut down the heal magnitude, there is totally no skill involve but only gear. Increasing divinity cost is more appropriate if u want to involve skill and thus derived the fun and challenge out of the content.
    fyrstigor said:

Healing changes in mod 16 was to remove this thing where u just healed everyone all the time constant so everyone could stand in everything and not die. Further reducing healing make its more important for DPS to not stand in red, or in other words, its more important that DPS actually plays the game and not become bots to stupid to move.

Healing nerf are needed but not by reducing heal magnitude. It only raise the gear requirement for healer nothing more. If healer have more divinity to spare in the past, then increase the divinity cost would be sufficient.

I agree to make people to not stand in red spot but not by nerfing heal. They instead should make red area to one shot people like the lava in Lostmauth. But not all red are require people to dodge away. When it come to boreworm phase in Lomm, it require healer to heal through it. Nerfing heals too much to a state where no matter how skillful and efficient u manage your divinity and u still get obliterate, just bring in the question of gear requirement. That no longer concern with skill. In short, Cryptic just wants u to toss in more money to get your gear further up in this patch.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I understand a nerf was somehow necessary for paladin (because of temp HP) but the magnitude should have been decreased less, 350 is really too low now (I would have prefered a decrease from 500 to 400).
    It is now very difficult to heal the Lomm cocoons with divine touch because it takes too long to spam 3 divine touches in a row and you have to pray for a crit heal... I have >140k power and 30% outgoing heal and I failed miserably yesterday (even I must admit that I don't regularly play healadin and that I use intercession on cleric).
    Only lay on hands allowed me to heal the cocoons.
    The nerf is hard, and I would have prefered a rework of one of the other powers, in order to have a stronger "pure" heal without any temp HPs.
    Another solution would consist in reducing the cast time of divine touch .

Anyway this nerf to divine touch will impact a lot the players that are already struggling (especially low stats players).

I understand a nerf was somehow necessary for paladin (because of temp HP) but the magnitude should have been decreased less, 350 is really too low now (I would have prefered a decrease from 500 to 400).
    It is now very difficult to heal the Lomm cocoons with divine touch because it takes too long to spam 3 divine touches in a row and you have to pray for a crit heal... I have >140k power and 30% outgoing heal and I failed miserably yesterday (even I must admit that I don't regularly play healadin and that I use intercession on cleric).
    Only lay on hands allowed me to heal the cocoons.
    The nerf is hard, and I would have prefered a rework of one of the other powers, in order to have a stronger "pure" heal without any temp HPs.
    Another solution would consist in reducing the cast time of divine touch .

Anyway this nerf to divine touch will impact a lot the players that are already struggling (especially low stats players).

Try using binding oath on them. It double the heals for the person. Although u need to be aiming it carefully. I usually stay close to my target for better aiming and to avoid accidentally using it on someone that's in between.
  • sobi#1980 sobi Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The change has just come live, so let people actually get used to it. Devout Clerics also got nerfed and they have it much tougher than pallies that can over shield you. Healing as it stands is not impossible, it's an exaggeration but healers do require a lot of power to be effective and now its crit as well.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Binding oath or Bond of Virtue, @kangkeok?

I'm just surprised that they also didn't lower the divinity meter from 1K to something like 800 or 750 if they really wanted to stress the heals for clerics and pallies. I'll give them time though, that's probably next. Nevermind that you might end up burning through your divinity and heals to keep some of top-end tanks alive, let alone the DPS. It's okay though. Everything I hope will work out for the best.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
    Before the nerfs to healing a 100k cleric with 0% outgoing healing and just barely 20k had no issues healing LoMM. And i dont see that changing much just because of a little lower heals and a bit more focus on divinity and praying.

Same goes for paladins. U play well, keep the shields on everyone so if they get cocooned most of the dmg they take is eaten by shield. Save the daily if tank gets pulled. Use bond of virtue for double healing.

But its normal for the majority of the NW community every time any thing is changed to something just a tiny bit worse than before to get mad and cry wolf. And then the few of us who can actually play prove its not that bad and everything is still fine. Guides come out, people change their ways and starts to pay attention to a bit more things. And no one barely notice any difference any more.

I'm just surprised that they also didn't lower the divinity meter from 1K to something like 800 or 750 if they really wanted to stress the heals for clerics and pallies. I'll give them time though, that's probably next. Nevermind that you might end up burning through your divinity and heals to keep some of top-end tanks alive, let alone the DPS. It's okay though. Everything I hope will work out for the best.

Ops. Yup, its bond of vitue. The one at the most right end of the encounter list.
    kangkeok said:

Ops. Yup, its bond of vitue. The one at the most right end of the encounter list.
    Figured as much. But wrt the healing nerfs, time will tell I'm sure.
    ~Shia~

Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

kangkeok said:

Figured as much. But wrt the healing nerfs, time will tell I'm sure.
    Yes it will but not till we upgrade our gear to make up for the loss of 30% heal magnitude nerf. Literally want us to crank up our power by 30% and our crit by another 30% to maintain our crit heal. In my opinion, heal magnitude nerf are just a mean for the developer to squeeze more money from our wallet.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    leryod said:

Healing is nerfed ( as almost in everygame ) cause PvP. I doubt the benefits from saving PvP will be worth losing PvE in a game such as Neverwinter but is what we are getting. Hope the developers react before healers base reroll ( or just leave ) or maybe they are evaluating retaking lifesteal mechanics. Otherwise this game will last no longer than a year.

as someone that deliberately created an account to make one post i say this..

Why dont you try blaming endgame pve released mod 17 content instead for item level 24k+ players ..? The Devs now have healing "apparently" balanced for the end game trial thats where it was "over performing" ..so no its not nerfed cause of pvp bro (which has healing reduced even more then PVE)

by your logic one could argue in fact that they nerfed healing in Pvp because of Pve lol
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • link#5211 link Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am not a fan of the new heal changes. When you fight heal intensive fights like Withers and Ras Nsi without top tier dps, these fights can take a while and it isn't long before you are out of divinity. Stradh is another fight that is not very kind with the new changes to healing. Those saying the healing isn't bad are more than likely playing with the top 1% players that can take the damage without requiring any healing, but for the majority of the players, this damage takes 3/4 of their health and spamming heals are required to try can catch them up so the next attack does not kill them. Then running you out of divinity causing the fight to fail as everyone is now dead. If they are so worried about the 3, 1 , 1 format, why don't they give tanks a 50% damage reduction to attacks and make the dungeon mobs hit 25% harder than they do now, so that tanks would be required. This healing nerf is rough and makes it where I do not want to even play the game anymore. Games are supposed to be fun, but when there is no longer any fun in it, because everyone is dying all the time, it is time to find another game.
    link#5211 said:

I am not a fan of the new heal changes. When you fight heal intensive fights like Withers and Ras Nsi without top tier dps, these fights can take a while and it isn't long before you are out of divinity. Stradh is another fight that is not very kind with the new changes to healing. Those saying the healing isn't bad are more than likely playing with the top 1% players that can take the damage without requiring any healing, but for the majority of the players, this damage takes 3/4 of their health and spamming heals are required to try can catch them up so the next attack does not kill them. Then running you out of divinity causing the fight to fail as everyone is now dead. If they are so worried about the 3, 1 , 1 format, why don't they give tanks a 50% damage reduction to attacks and make the dungeon mobs hit 25% harder than they do now, so that tanks would be required. This healing nerf is rough and makes it where I do not want to even play the game anymore. Games are supposed to be fun, but when there is no longer any fun in it, because everyone is dying all the time, it is time to find another game.

Exactly. A healer's challenge isn't at end game. Its more like at newbie level. This changes may make healer at end game feel abit of a challenged but at the cost of non end game healer that play with non endgame/BIS player.

I think the problem lies with how dungeon scale. The developer need to review their dungeon difficulty. In my opinion, end game dungeon should be the hardest. That's where endgame player should be seeking their challenge. Mid level content like RAQ/RIQ should not be challenging but instead should consider the viability of player playing at that level and not expect them to be carried by end game player. The same goes to newbie level content like leveling que.

I did a LoMM yesterday as pala heal. I hardly had to pray, no one was dying. I had no trouble healing cocoon and didnt even need my daily for it. This was a normal average group, and my own pala is only a bit above average with just a few % outgoing healing.

A lesser geared pala would have had to pray more, but if they play decent they should have any isses with doing it. And i dont see it being any different in other places. Both Rsi Nsi and CR u can avoid most of the dmg being done by moving urself correctly. The healing problem isnt with DPS being low and fights last to long, or with tanks not taking reduced dmg. The problem with healing on newbie groups is that they dont move out of red, they dont use their block as much as they can, they dont follow mechanics. And the game should be about following mechanics, and not about everything being so easy u can skip it and stand in red because the spamming heal bot will take care of u.

Its pretty simple. If u are so bad that u cant play said dungeon. Go play some other dungeon, improve ur toon, improve ur skills, get better and then try again.
  • raziel2004#7353 raziel2004 Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    Why not nerf the barrier output and increase healing skills mag. Barrier should not give up to full temp HP but maybe cap at 50% or less to prevent abusing or skipping the mechanic.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    The downgrade is obvious and I have also to adapt to the missing Divnity by using my stacks of Prayer of opportunity first time.
    Random or low performing groups will have a far more challenging experience doing lomm by now and they might have trouble to find a healer at all, running a 300k tank alts with 40k defense, not pot no scrolls plus a miserable footwork on top.
    No more that much of an "easy win" and my answer is:
    1. They deserve it to some degree or
    2. l2p and get your defense stats adjusted, top dps is from no help when you get onehitted in a row.
    Post edited by schietindebux on
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

I did a LoMM yesterday as pala heal. I hardly had to pray, no one was dying. I had no trouble healing cocoon and didnt even need my daily for it. This was a normal average group, and my own pala is only a bit above average with just a few % outgoing healing.

A lesser geared pala would have had to pray more, but if they play decent they should have any isses with doing it. And i dont see it being any different in other places. Both Rsi Nsi and CR u can avoid most of the dmg being done by moving urself correctly. The healing problem isnt with DPS being low and fights last to long, or with tanks not taking reduced dmg. The problem with healing on newbie groups is that they dont move out of red, they dont use their block as much as they can, they dont follow mechanics. And the game should be about following mechanics, and not about everything being so easy u can skip it and stand in red because the spamming heal bot will take care of u.

Its pretty simple. If u are so bad that u cant play said dungeon. Go play some other dungeon, improve ur toon, improve ur skills, get better and then try again.

If things are so simple like u said there wont be people facing problem with Ras'nisi. In reality, no one is perfect. Mistake are bound to happen especially in a prolong fights. Its almost unrecoverable for lowly geared player once they get hit. The difference between a 20k+ player got hit by red and a 17k are 17k takes more and require more divinity to spend on them. So yes a prolong fight definitely affect the outcome. I'm saying this in a practical context where majority player in this game are not that highly skilled to avoid all red zone 100% of the time. At an average skill level, people are bound to get hit even if they don't want too.

People should not be put out of the content that are meant for them either. RAQ are meant for any player above 16k to progress. It should not be viewed as a content to fulfil BIS player's hunger for challenge. Those challenge should be kept at end game level and not intermediate level like RAQ. RAQ difficulty should be made so that its still doable by 16k player and that they are viable for the content and not to be made so 20k+ player could carry them.

Anyway, from what I experience as a healer, LOMM are actually easier and less of a challenge than Tong since most people I will be group with in LOMM are sure to be 20k+ and no stat or healing cut due to scaling. Everybody is at full power. For Tong, unless I'm lucky to get a group of 20k+ people, then it will be a breeze. Else, it's mostly likely to get vote abandon at the end fight after hours of multiple fail. That's the reality. So yeah, the latest healing nerf gonna make it worse. The developer need to reevaluate Tong and CR difficulty since they nerf healing so bad.
    kangkeok said:

fyrstigor said:

If things are so simple like u said there wont be people facing problem with Ras'nisi. In reality, no one is perfect. Mistake are bound to happen especially in a prolong fights. Its almost unrecoverable for lowly geared player once they get hit. The difference between a 20k+ player got hit by red and a 17k are 17k takes more and require more divinity to spend on them. So yes a prolong fight definitely affect the outcome. I'm saying this in a practical context where majority player in this game are not that highly skilled to avoid all red zone 100% of the time. At an average skill level, people are bound to get hit even if they don't want too.

People should not be put out of the content that are meant for them either. RAQ are meant for any player above 16k to progress. It should not be viewed as a content to fulfil BIS player's hunger for challenge. Those challenge should be kept at end game level and not intermediate level like RAQ. RAQ difficulty should be made so that its still doable by 16k player and that they are viable for the content and not to be made so 20k+ player could carry them.

Anyway, from what I experience as a healer, LOMM are actually easier and less of a challenge than Tong since most people I will be group with in LOMM are sure to be 20k+ and no stat or healing cut due to scaling. Everybody is at full power. For Tong, unless I'm lucky to get a group of 20k+ people, then it will be a breeze. Else, it's mostly likely to get vote abandon at the end fight after hours of multiple fail. That's the reality. So yeah, the latest healing nerf gonna make it worse. The developer need to reevaluate Tong and CR difficulty since they nerf healing so bad.
    Correct not everyone is perfect. Not everyone reacts equally fast. Some play on so old system they can barely see anything happening or have forever lag cause of said old system. So what? Game should not be made super easy because of this. Old content should be a walk in the park just because its old. New content shouldnt be the only place anyone half decent player have to go just to feel a tiny bit of challenge. Think it was Foss who said it a while back, that dungeons should be easier when u have surpassed them in gear. But they shouldnt be a cake walk anyone playing with closed eyes can do.

And thats how it is. If u build for capped stats at LoMM, u have no issues doing any old content. And since not everything is scaled equally even though u are not capped on LoMM stats u can still do plenty fine and have decent stats at scaled content. And no scaled content gives any challenge or difficulty for a BiS player. If u have all the gear, all the high enchantments and such, scaled content is super easy. Scaling isnt there to full fill some imaginary hunger for challenge u have. What scaling is doing though, is making sure that even though we advance and get stronger we are still kept somewhat on our toes when we go back to old content. But because we have grown and become stronger we can still pull more than our own weight and carry those who under perform may it be their build, their stats, or just the fact that they are horrible players.

I do agree that doing older content with randoms is hard. But its not because of healing nerfs. Its not because of scaling. Its because most of those in randoms are built wrong, doesnt know what stats to use, they just pick highest itemlvl gear. Some of those in randoms are also so bad that im not surprised they have to use randoms que, cause anyone who ever played with them just once, never wants to repeat it.

So instead of wanting the game to become so easy that u can play it with ur eyes closed, maybe u should try and focus some of ur energy on getting more players educated. Or try and have cryptic help with this task.
  • pervertkun#8781 pervertkun Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    As I said in another similar post, healing nerf isn't ''nerf''. It's balance.
    My main is a 65% out heal DC, 150k power. Didn't find any difference doing LOMM before and after patch. Divinity 100% full all the times before I used another encounter.

So, obviously, I wanted to push the bar further. Of course if I just used my main as a example, there would be crying ''elitist!'' and what will be of low geared or whatnot. So I got my alt DC (10% out heal, 95k power, using a Energon as summoned companion) and did a LOMM with her. The same difficulty I've noticed on day before patch, I had after patch. My Energon died a bit, but nothing the bell couldn't handle. LOMM finished in around 30 mins (one of the DPS was also an alt).

Stop crying because your healing isn't smash one button and profit anymore. It isn't supposed to be easy.

As @fyrstigor said,
    fyrstigor said:

I do agree that doing older content with randoms is hard. But its not because of healing nerfs. Its not because of scaling. Its because most of those in randoms are built wrong, doesnt know what stats to use, they just pick highest itemlvl gear. Some of those in randoms are also so bad that im not surprised they have to use randoms que, cause anyone who ever played with them just once, never wants to repeat it.

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    They should have buffed Soulweaver a bit , so there would be no lack of healer in this game.
    Most shelved that class and now we got upset unhappy player in need for a healer.
    All I read these days is: " lfm req, need heal"

They should have buffed Soulweaver a bit , so there would be no lack of healer in this game.
    Most shelved that class and now we got upset unhappy player in need for a healer.
    All I read these days is: " lfm req, need heal"

They did a bit. Now the warlock can gain sparks outside of combat at the cost of own HP. I still find them the hardest healer class to play with.

Shatter spark could use a bigger radius, since its the only burst heal they got. Cleric have bigger radius on healing word. Both cleric and paladin have burst heal with range they can aim. This makes the warlock often have to move around a lot more while healing compared to the other 2 classes.
    edited August 2019

As I said in another similar post, healing nerf isn't ''nerf''. It's balance.
    My main is a 65% out heal DC, 150k power. Didn't find any difference doing LOMM before and after patch. Divinity 100% full all the times before I used another encounter.

So, obviously, I wanted to push the bar further. Of course if I just used my main as a example, there would be crying ''elitist!'' and what will be of low geared or whatnot. So I got my alt DC (10% out heal, 95k power, using a Energon as summoned companion) and did a LOMM with her. The same difficulty I've noticed on day before patch, I had after patch. My Energon died a bit, but nothing the bell couldn't handle. LOMM finished in around 30 mins (one of the DPS was also an alt).

Stop crying because your healing isn't smash one button and profit anymore. It isn't supposed to be easy.

As @fyrstigor said,

fyrstigor said:

Lomm is easy. Try keeping a 17k tank alive in Tong/CR end fight with the latest healing patch. They are not even endgame content.

Edit, if u have been there then u understand what @link are talking about.
    link#5211 said:

Caps in TONG and CR is 57k. When u have these bad tanks in there, no matter their itemlvl, because there is plenty of 20k+ who is far from any caps, how high do these bad tanks have their caps ? How often do they use block? How did they spend their itemlvl? Did the go for the right caps? Or did they just pick highest there is?

Healing is something that needs to be balanced based on the entire game, all dungeons. Healing needed a nerf because of endgame content. If that now means u cant carry HAMSTER tanks on TONG and CR thats another problem. Its not a problem with healing. Its a problem with those tanks. Its a problem with them either not knowing how to build or not caring. It could be a problem with the specific dungeon having a few attacks do to much dmg. It could be a specific dungeon might need a higher itemlvl for scaling. All of the problems u are having have nothing to do with healing, healing was just to strong so u could power though and make it anyway.
    fyrstigor said:

Caps in TONG and CR is 57k. When u have these bad tanks in there, no matter their itemlvl, because there is plenty of 20k+ who is far from any caps, how high do these bad tanks have their caps ? How often do they use block? How did they spend their itemlvl? Did the go for the right caps? Or did they just pick highest there is?

Healing is something that needs to be balanced based on the entire game, all dungeons. Healing needed a nerf because of endgame content. If that now means u cant carry HAMSTER tanks on TONG and CR thats another problem. Its not a problem with healing. Its a problem with those tanks. Its a problem with them either not knowing how to build or not caring. It could be a problem with the specific dungeon having a few attacks do to much dmg. It could be a specific dungeon might need a higher itemlvl for scaling. All of the problems u are having have nothing to do with healing, healing was just to strong so u could power though and make it anyway.

So if I get this right and based off all this and what others have said, you wouldn't have any objections to them nerfing healing a little bit more would you? Say, capping the shields at a max of 50% of the healing dealt? Lowering the magnitude by another 50 to 100 points depending on the class in question? Maybe adjusting the divinity to around 800 total. I mean, when healing is scarce and divinity management is a real challenge in those circumstances it would be incumbant on the rest of the team to be on their "A" game - fully class competent, properly built, & knowledgeable of all the mechanics.
    ~Shia~

Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac

fyrstigor said:

So if I get this right and based off all this and what others have said, you wouldn't have any objections to them nerfing healing a little bit more would you? Say, capping the shields at a max of 50% of the healing dealt? Lowering the magnitude by another 50 to 100 points depending on the class in question? Maybe adjusting the divinity to around 800 total. I mean, when healing is scarce and divinity management is a real challenge in those circumstances it would be incumbant on the rest of the team to be on their "A" game - fully class competent, properly built, & knowledgeable of all the mechanics.
    I havnt tried ToMM yet, so i dont know how healing is there. But for LoMM further nerfing the healing wouldnt be to much of a problem for me. The vast majority of my runs are with casual average groups, and sometimes the bad ones too.

Capping the shields at 50% of healing would be to much, unless they got base heals higher. As they are right now they are unique from the other healers in how u play them, and i think thats good.

But healing should be in a place where the majority of average players can do content. Healing should be in a place where everyone can do everything because no one can die due to so much healing.
    edited August 2019
    fyrstigor said:

But healing should be in a place where the majority of average players can do content. Healing should be in a place where everyone can do everything because no one can die due to so much healing.

That really depends on how u describe average player. From my experience, majority of average player could not do Tong and CR content. That's why u see most of the time, those dungeon wont even start where people start afking at the campfire. Tong is much better since the 1st 2 boss are doable with average player up till the end fight. Majority of Tong run ended up with abandon instance at end fight. That's the most frustrating part when u have spend so much time to get there and end up a fail run. Even before patch, I have to pray that my group are good enough for the end fight because good group to complete Tong are hard to come by. With the patch kick in, it filter even more player away from being the eligible group for Tong end fight. Player don't know what they are doing? Well, that's the average player this game had. Should healing be in a place where they could do those content? U tell me.