test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Set of The Watcher Is Unobtainable

Comments

• midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    szerevax said:

Something happens. Kill only one boss. Only give 8 campaign currencies. 2 boss have constant immunity.

Does the npc appear randomly after killing the boss?

• szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

szerevax said:

Something happens. Kill only one boss. Only give 8 campaign currencies. 2 boss have constant immunity.

????
    Better explanation please?
    Only one rune run. Ghost from 2 screen appears immediately when regular boss is dead. After talk you give essence(choice) and special boss is spawned. Ghost not disappear after talk.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    I'm not sure they actually lied. They said the set is in the game. I don't remember them actually saying it was obtainable. The comment about "You guys are getting warmer" might have meant that we are getting warmer because they are about to turn it on...I don't even know what to think.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Those don't have anything to do with the watcher set, unless someone actually has a screenshot of them dropping...

These bosses are to awaken essences for LoMM armor restoration.
  • bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @vadasz21#2727 said:
    > I'm not sure they actually lied. They said the set is in the game. I don't remember them actually saying it was obtainable. The comment about "You guys are getting warmer" might have meant that we are getting warmer because they are about to turn it on...I don't even know what to think.

Look at first page.

> @arazith07 said:
    > Those don't have anything to do with the watcher set, unless someone actually has a screenshot of them dropping...
    >
    > These bosses are to awaken essences for LoMM armor restoration.

True, but they did say 'nothing wrong with essences, nothing wrong with mes'.
    Bosses probably don't drop it. You probably have to do all bosses. (Maybe gain a quest after defeating one)
    Then eventually get rewarded the set.

Or it's a 0.1% drop from those bosses.
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    kacezet said:

I bet the way to obtain it is bugged and doesn't work anyway ._.

called it :v
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Do we know for sure those bosses drop the Watcher set?

They definitely just turned that on today. If those bosses do drop the watcher set, they were clearly testing on an internal build, and not on the live build, Doh!
    Post edited by quickfoot#7851 on

• alesiam1alesiam1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

No1 has mentioned about the Runic distiller. I've tried using it few times but nothing special.

I notice that inside MEs sometimes there's a blue effect on screen edge, similar to STK but darker, I notice it was there during a ME and after I went to go for the next one it was still there, however it disappeared once I entered a rune (maybe I entered the wrong one?)

The few npcs that give 'clues' talk about summoning or luring stuff out. However during the campaign we weren't given/found objects that can lure anything out.

Managed to organize runic encounter with 12 ppl, after 40mins we got a boss, it went away, (they tend to disappear when too many adds are engaged/killed) so in the next encounter everyone listened and we only hit boss, the drop was nothing special. Just a runic piece to restore that you can find anywhere else.

1. The Runic Distiller cures you of the debuffs from the Traps in the ME. A simple cure potion.

2. The effects around your screen during ME is an effect that relates to the Rune Bane hence why it appears after hitting certain traps, or being under certain bubbles in the expedition.

3. Since this is an Easter egg and with the many other guesses that were considered to be warmer, I am going to bet it will not be as simple as being in Runic Encounters for a million people to get lucky enough to stumble across at once.
    It is more than likely going to be much more interesting, and not easy to obtain or they would call it a drop, not an Easter Egg.

Ready Player One - "First to the Key. First to the Egg."
  • spartand33spartand33 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Has anyone figured out a way to kill Glumar the Lord of Despair? His "Shield of the Undermountain" is making him neigh impossible to defeat. 30 min later and we still only at 90% hp...
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    I think we can
    1) stop defending devs because they lied
    2) stop looking elsewhere because people are linking watcher set dropped from Bosses summoned from Elder Etheral in MExp
    3) stop speculating and listen to all npcs in the game

• sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Ok guys...just been in a ME..on the second boss there was an ethreal shade on the middle of the room...After the boss fight i interacted with it and it invited me to put an essence down. i put the essence of SORROW down and it spawned the lady of sorrow. We fought this killed it and it dropped some gear and a wakened essnce of sorrow and a legendary vanity pet...This is how to use to essences... One party member got the longbow of the watcher. SO IT IS DEFINATELY IN THEM GAME

Post edited by sjk2603 on
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    Guys I've been following this thread and the one in the General Discussion, and there have been so many theories and steps that people have done.

So, my question is, what actually calls these bosses?

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Where do you get the essences? rare drop in the final coffer? I have not gotten any essence yet.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    e

Guys I've been following this thread and the one in the General Discussion, and there have been so many theories and steps that people have done.

THe Etheral Elder spawns randomly when you kill a boss in ME. Then you talk to him and you handle him one of the 4 types of essences : Doom Longing Sorrow Dispair

That will summon a boss that you need to defeat. At the end you get your essence awakened and one Golden Weapon from a random class, not necessary yours.
    The bosses are tough.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited May 2019

1) you have to use those special essences you can get in ME boxes (sorrow despair...)
    -> something thet only started to drop after they releases LOMM

2) you use this whne a Ghost appears to you after killing a normal boss in MEs
    -> something that only started to happen today after patch

So the easter egg done by the devs, was a easter Bug hunt in the end... and a big flat lie...

They could also say that "it was unlocked by a number of ME's on live server" but it started to work after the patch so it would be also a lie...

btw i remeber seing this ghosts on preview server but since the Eldtrich was bugged till like 1 week before live i could never made them active there... and since was preview i tought it was a bug...
  • bungabunga#5136 bungabunga Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Tbh, few ppl (including myself) said in the first 6pages 'it's probably not out yet will be released later' (bugged) [not really obtainable]
    {Someone ate the way to get it}

So that's what they meant with 'we're getting warmer'
    I'm sure this 'sudden' mechanic was over looked by 100% of players and we decided to randomly notice it. 😂😂😂😂

Sad thing is, we all still fell for the bait even tho we knew the odds of them lying were super high.
  • rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    OK thanks for the heads up folks... start looking out for this tonight.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    watcher set has been obtained...

1) kill a boss in ME
    2) a soul puppet thing spawns....
    3) give it an essence
    4) a mega boss spawns
    5) kill it for a chance at watcher set... / new vanity pet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    They thought they we're being even more sneaky, by not putting this in the patch notes. If this had been out since day one, along with the essence, people would have had Watcher pieces since then. Instead, they had us chasing our tails like stupid dogs because they don't know how to communicate with us nor each other. That's best case, worse case, they straight out lied to us just to keep us playing, because honestly, there isn't much to do anymore since pvp has gone to HAMSTER.