What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scaling feedback

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordnagy#1603 lordnagy Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    WRONG! YOU and a few others may not mind scaling but do not assume you speak for a majority of the player base.

Scaling is garbage, moreso in this game because the mentally-challenged do not know or understand how to implement it. They have broken THE ENTIRE GAME sans a small portion for end gamers.

This is actually worse than mod 6...FAR WORSE.

I’m actually interested to see if Sont and Microsoft allow mod 16 in its current state to be ported to their consoles. I hope not.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Scaling is off and I mean off in that is out of whack. I'm currently in the Ole Bonebreaker quest in Barovia which is not only level scaled down to 70 but item level scaled even more than that. On top of my frustration with my armor pen and defense being nerfed down to 40K and 38K respectively down from 83K and 66K normally, I also (apparently) have to deal with this -

5/13 15:42] [Combat (Self)] Your Health Regen gives 14509 (20571) Hit Points to you.

I'm sorry but has my own health regeneration have to pass through my defense to be effective? Really? Why?

To top it off there seems to be little in the way of consistency on what is scaled, where and to what level. Could we please get something comprehensive from the devs on what areas are scaled down, which are not, and what is being scaled if its not both level and item level? I get that the queues are scaled, and many of the campaign areas but some are not (Barovia, Chult) and those that aren't are item level scaled. Why would you keep scaling in the associated quests for those areas? Nevermind, I'm off to the liquor store to pick up some essentials.

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    If you are at the relevant gear caps for lvl 80 content then when you are scaled for level 70 content you should still be at all the relevant caps for lvl 70 mobs.. it is absolutely HAMSTER to require you to carry full sets of gear and loadouts specifically just to play old content in order to catch a few random queues.

Disgraceful.
  • Options
    motu999#9953 motu999 Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    aratech said:

Ran Dread Ring Skirmish last night, just got done with a run through Master of the Hunt a few seconds ago. As a level 80, my stats were higher when I was scaled to 64 for Master of the Hunt than they were during the level 70 Dread Legion fight... what in the name of Boo's fluffy posterior is going on on this debacle?

The Devs probably randomly adjusted some global difficulty slider for both skirmishes, based on the early feedback from open preview. This feedback was given, when 500 stat points equaled 1%. They changed that to 1000 at some point, not thinking what this means for the "scaled" level 70 content.

Effectively this means, assuming the two skirmishes were properly scaled (they were not) before the 500 -> 1000 change, they were completely unbalanced after the change. But all WAI ! All in a "pretty good shape".

For the difficulty issues in "some dungeons and areas" they actually told us, that "the pendulum will swing back and forth" in their attempts to balance the content, as they will "tweak" global power curves (e.g. adjust some global difficulty slider by some random amount in a direction indicated by a playtester in a situation that is totally different from the new situation they created by subsequent changes afterwards). However, this remark shows rather clearly, how things work in general at Craptic:

- devs clearly dont playtest the content (maybe two or three dungeons, the rest is guesswork)
    - devs have no idea, what consequences the numerous changes "under the hood" have to the entire content
    - even after massive changes, devs do not deem it necessary to make at least one systematic pass through the entire content (too much work)
    - let the players do the testing, but ignore the reports as long as possible and never acknowledge any serious issues (only minor issues the devs are actually capable to fix - which is not much)
    - Serious issues might go away magically, in particular those issues the devs don't like to hear. They "do not exist", because the devs chose to ignore them. They are not even acknowledged.
    - When the devs finally react to some issue reported 4-8 weeks ago, it is too much mental effort to take any subsequent changes after the report to the game engine into account. Furthermore
    - If the devs actually act to an (outdated) report, it must be quick and dirty work. In particular, it takes too much time to look at the details and sideeffects. Just adjust some random "global difficulty" slider by some random amount in the direction indicated by the (outdated) report of the playtester. Then issue a statement along the line "we *believe* this fixes the issue". Also, only "fix" the specific issue reported. If there are similar issues by other mobs "close by" or in other rooms/areas/regions, ignore them until we get "more detailed reports" from the players. This fits with the general guideline, "no systematic passes" through the entire content.

I guess, with the current "strategy" it will take years until the old content is in a half-ways playable shape.
    Players will get frustrated and stop reporting, despite the fact that the issues are still there.
    Devs will take the lack of reports as "clear evidence", that the issues have "magically gone away" over time.

So as to your original question: What you reported does not surprise me at all. I dont think it will be fixed.
    Rather everything is "working as intended", no matter how bad and unlogical it seems.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    I'm beginning to think people claiming 'scaling is borked' has become a catch all phrase and easily referenced culprit for anything someone perceives as being wrong with the game.

Yes there are instances of scaling being HAMSTER, but from my personal observations it isn’t just scaling…

In some areas it seems to me mobs spawn and move much more quickly not to mention more aggressively than prior to Mod16.

This has nothing to do with player character scaling but it does make playing those instances more difficult.

Also to me it seems there are several instances where opponents particularly boss level opponents appear to have been made more powerful or given additional skills.

For instance the Master of the Hunt skirmish, not only does the final boss have redcap witherers to heal him, since the Mod16 changes I’ve seen him quaff healing potions, something I don’t believe I’ve seen him do before. He also appears to have gained a temporary shield that seems to negate any attack used against him and there are other areas that appear to have similar modifications to opponents and boss level figures.

I’m not sure if it fits into the “scaling” argument, but there are several player feats and powers that also seem to have been modified, if not specifically attributable to getting their power nerfed…

The effective distance for a Wizard’s - Shard of Endless Avalanche is much less than it was prior to Mod16 likewise for a fighter – the range for being able to activate Griffon’s Wrath and Bull’s Charge is much, much shorter… and of course there are many more instances regarding individual player abilities that some may not consider have anything to do with scaling.

I’ve decided to take a breath, step back and instead of just trying to blame everything on “scaling”, to be more cognizant of what’s actually going on and attempting to better identify the offending issue, instead of trying to attribute every perceived problem to scaling,

My 2¢
    DD~