What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: Undermountain

12346»

Comments

• blueblurchromeblueblurchrome Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited March 2019
    > @ilithyn said:
    > March 1? 10 days before and no preview test server? based on my experience, @everyone could expect 1 may.
    >
    > 3.1 is when they expect it to hit test not go live. at least that's my read
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't know why they bother putting it on the test servers. All experience tells us they'll listen to nothing that is said, fix none of the bugs that are pointed out and launch it exactly as it is because that's how they want it to be. So personally I can't see why they can't just put it out on March 1st anyway, it'll be what we're getting anyway.

Question is why are you even here if that is all it is negativity. Why waste time on fourms and having the game installed if you lost 100% Faith in Cryptic Studios? Do you think Champions Online faired any better? It's having a lot more issues than Neverwinter is because CO Engine is soooo out of date and the code is so screwed up a single change causes issues.

So don't tell me Champions Online one of Cryptics older games is not in a much worser state than Neverwinter is. I rather have the same stuff neverwinter has right now than Champions Online lack of new content.

I still have fun in both games but 90% of that fun comes from friends. I may not have the latest greatest gear or enchantments I had invested 0 money in improving my gear as I just pick up stuff I found during mod 15 from a npc that was better than the gear I was wearing before which gave me a huge jump. I feel bad for those who invested a lot of money into there gear.

I had to change my build countless times in Champions Online due to power changes, Making tweaks in my build. Often times I am stronger than the past build I had due to balance changes sometimes a bit weaker in other areas.
  • draugkirdraugkir Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    arcanjo86 said:

they are changing old code with new code, so im expecting lesser bugs.

I think they changing old code with new code because the people who understood how the game works left.
    Thats the info that is going around anyway.

• serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    11 April, we have to wait until 11 of April for the new module and the biggest nerf we ever seen
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

11 April, we have to wait until 11 of April for the new module and the biggest nerf we ever seen

Is this official? 11 April?
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    The release date for M16 hasn't been announced yet. The Foundry is being taken down on April 11.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    On PC, there are no events in the calendar from Apr 24 to May 8. And the two weeks before that is double-XP. Not having any events after the release makes sense because people would be too busy respec-ing their toons and doing the new mod. Releasing the new mod right before two weeks of double-XP does not make sense because people would get to level 80 too fast.

There are also no events for the Apr 5 weekend. So Apr 4 could be a possible release date. But that feels too soon. Especially since a week later starts two weeks of double-XP.

So my money is on Apr 24-25 for the release date.
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    Not sure where to put this so I will here. So I was reading the GWF/barbarian changes and there are a few things I need to point out.

battlerage
    I like the name change as it makes more sense but "Remains the same" I don't like so much. Rather then have it the same (or mostly the same) I would offer the idea of having it so all controlled effects used on the hero have a 50% chance (min) to work and if it does it only works half as long. The reason why is because well you are enraged you want them dead and will stop at nothing no matter what and the temp hp it gives plays to this as well. I would argue rather then faster/weaker attacks it should be stronger/slower because you are enraged and are putting in everything to kill this thing. you hit harder but you take longer to recover from that.

enemy damage has been rebalanced
    Does this mean they all around are weaker? If so then great any class that can't block/heal will live longer alone and I am all for that as it brings back the solo play more.

threat will be more about dealing damage
    This worries me. The new change has it so the more damage you output the more they want to attack you but we all ready have the trouble that a tank doing everything they can to get max threat is ignored because a gwf or even a Devoted cleric is doing far more damage. Wouldn't it make far more sense to have threat go off of hp amount and defense? That way the fighter and the OBP (you know the tanks) are taking the agro. And the threat passives would be easier to understand. "You have 100 hp/def and get the passive to give you 25% more threat now the enemy counts your hp as 125 in both giving you 350 aggro rather then 200 like wise if you get -25% you now are counted as having 75."
    ✋☞ ✡⚐

Yeah, what about boons? Do I get to pick new boons to replace my lifesteal/recovery choices in all the campaigns or am I stuck with whatever you choose to give me? I'm missing my enchants already...

I will have to aid here and say not to worry they have all ways been smart enough to refund your points or give a free retraining token when they change powers and stats. I know this because I was here since mob 5 and I got like 30 of the things I am sitting on.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
    nemesrich said:

I am dissappointed to see that Paladin will be pure support class while all other classes will have a DPS variant.

Well the paladin is not or rather should not be a dps. The paladin has heals and uses a shield/heavy armor. it is pretty much a tank that decided to learn to heal or a healer that put on bigger armor. It should only be able to chose between healer or tank other wise why would you ever chose any other class because now it can fill any and all classes jobs.

✋☞ ✡⚐
  • sqrtofpisqrtofpi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So. Update day. I have a lot to say.
    I have been playing this game since July 1st, 2013, but today feels like an entirely different game... And not in a good way.
    I played a total of 20 minutes today with a Fighter and this is what I have concluded so far. First off, the new block mechanic is just like the original block mechanic from module 1 through whenever it changed to the 80% damage reduction, so it's nothing that new. Except it's worse than the module 1 block. It does not seem to block status effects and debuffs the way it has since the game's release. This sucks considering that the nature of a Fighter requires that it sits inside of the attacks and gets hit by the attack. Also, this may be a bug, but attacking while holding shield up does not work anymore.
    I only had time to play with the Dreadnought subclass, so this is my thoughts on it. It also sucks. It is supposed to be a DPS based class, but instead heavily pales in comparison to the DPS builds of pre-update, where the max damage I was able to stack up in one hit against a target dummy was just over 100k, compared to the string of 300ks (1 mils in boss fights with good team) that used to be possible with Knight's Challenge and Staggering blow combo. Also, the devs removed the only at-will that was worth using, but since that was paragon path bound, I'll forgive them for that.
    The feat, now boon, system is okay to say the most, but it lacks the synergy that used to be possible to certain builds. The 5 feats at the bottom of the power page is what it is (mediocre at best) but still fails to create true combos for massive damage or game changing status effects.
    The companion system is at least interesting and possibly even an improvement, once you get past much of the gear you had on your companions no longer being usable by them. I haven't looked into it much yet though. Speaking of which, Angel of Protections are now useless. I used to receive 70-80k points of healing, but during combat today I was not. I was trying to figure out what my Angel was even doing during the fight, but then I noticed the 640 points of healing coming from it and genuinely wanted to facepalm the wall behind my head. Now time to find a new active companion I guess.
    The seethe mechanic is useless. You build up a ton of seethe during combat, expend it all with your encounter powers, and nothing special happens. Not even a substantial damage increase. Genuinely nothing.
    I knew that the game was going to be much different in this update, and I was prepared to take it with a grain of salt, but that's difficult to do when a party of 5 is struggling to even stay alive during the Master of the Hunt skirmish that used to be basically soloable without even breaking a sweat. My character never relied on health-steal to stay alive, so I was hopeful that he'd have an even bigger healing bonus post-update, but 20 potions and 5 stones of health charges later, I knew I was wrong.
    Overall, fairly disappointed with the state of the game right now. Once I have more time I'll try my other characters and maybe their classes will be better off than the poor Fighters, but I'm doubtful of that.

P.S. Slightly older update but I miss Foundry. I was having fun exploring the depths of other quest types were possible, such as death runs and obstacle courses and such. But oh well, it's never been a massive part of this game.
This discussion has been closed.