test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A better direction for mod 16

2»

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

Don't judge the new mod based off what you have seen, it is only the barebones information and more will come. I am excited for m16.

ROFLMAO the only people who would say they are excited about any new release from this company ,sure wasn't here for mod 6 and this mod will be no different. They have already stated after mod 15 they see nothing wrong with releasing a broken flawed product. Thankfully they do not produce cars or airplanes.
    Also just to prove my point in how little they care look at this CTA event over this last weekend it dropped enchants with recovery on them knowing months ago they were getting rid of recovery . Did they bother to change the enchants that would be dropping , no.

lifesteal and recovery will be replaced with a new stat. we don't know how desirable those stats are yet. presumably we will need these new stats. some things that used to have ls and recovery might be more valuable than what they are now

• dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    You missed my point some players may not be aware of these changes coming, remember not everyone reads forums or is in guild so there are those that will have wasted RP to build these up because of what they do have now on them. After the change who is to say they will end up with a enchant they built now , that is what they want or need. What happens if they end up with a new stone that does not help their new build ? See they knew months ago that they were removing it so why did they not just replace the enchants that dropped with say a enchant that has stuff on it that will not be changed.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    They really should just have an enchant swap for any enchant affected by the changes. Frankly they should bring back gear salvage, at least for a month.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    mod 5 was boring because there was nothing to do besides run in circles at dragons..

mod 6.. was ok leveling wise and dungeon running wise, it was sort of fun.

however, it was broken , with broken powers. To this day the powers they gave us do little on most classes.. which was a missed oppurtunity , they just didnt have the resources to make it as game changing as needed.. we will see if mod 16 is like that or not.

I second and third the enchant swap @pitmonster#5684

sadly, I have no idea who this @thefabricant is.. better not believe him =P.

• akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User

You missed my point some players may not be aware of these changes coming, remember not everyone reads forums or is in guild so there are those that will have wasted RP to build these up because of what they do have now on them. After the change who is to say they will end up with a enchant they built now , that is what they want or need. What happens if they end up with a new stone that does not help their new build ? See they knew months ago that they were removing it so why did they not just replace the enchants that dropped with say a enchant that has stuff on it that will not be changed.

sorry but If people are not aware of changes coming to a game that is their own fault. There is nothing that stops them from coming to the forums here or any other site which talks about Neverwinter. Even if they do not actively search for information there is always the news posts that are attached to the launcher and are visible every time you start the game. Ignorance in this case is nothing but a crutch for players who are completely oblivious to what is going on.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So we are talkin in the sub forum about feedback for mod 16 even its not on live or PTR?
    So no one can say whats going on in mod 16 but OFC it MUST be the biggest nerfs for HR or GWF?
    Did i miss any official statement about that? Plz link them if you have them. Thx.

Otherwise....stop with this BS and wait till its released FGS!

Spidey
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

So we are talkin in the sub forum about feedback for mod 16 even its not on live or PTR?
    So no one can say whats going on in mod 16 but OFC it MUST be the biggest nerfs for HR or GWF?
    Did i miss any official statement about that? Plz link them if you have them. Thx.

Otherwise....stop with this BS and wait till its released FGS!

Spidey

You can find the official announcements quite easily. Some of them are linked from the game's launcher each day.

The whole point of discussing it in advance is to improve the eventual product that will be released. If you're content to play whatever is offered to you, no matter how much it spoils your enjoyment of the game and your ability to participate in endgame content or requires you to invest the next several months' worth of resources in rebuilding your character, one wonders why you're on the forums at all.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited February 2019

You can find the official announcements quite easily. Some of them are linked from the game's launcher each day.

Mmmhhhh....i did my research....i cant find any official statement about an HR nerf like you stated. Maybe you can help me and can post me that specific section in the statement about the HR nerf? Thx a lot.

Spidey
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    i dont fear the changes, i fear the bugs within, if the changes are this deep they should just make a new game from scratch, it would get us away from old bugs leaving only the new ones...

from what i can predict they changed soo much on each class that they need to create a class change token after this...
    ( not that it will hit me since i have 5 diferent classes almost at same GS )

again trying to be optimistic but is getting harder with each new info...

for now my feeling is - Better to think as a new game and see if you like it or not....
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited February 2019

Mmmhhhh....i did my research....i cant find any official statement about an HR nerf like you stated. Maybe you can help me and can post me that specific section in the statement about the HR nerf? Thx a lot.

Spidey
    I asked myself same question about many of these threads and posts.
    There is nothing concrete about classes except that DC and GF as far as I remember get a striker role, GWF tank might be revived, wich was mentioned or discussed before in mayn threads. General statement of playerbase: Give DC , GF a dps role, revive GWF tank.
    Same as they get rid of recovery wich is a problem, no need to go into detail. Same counts for lifesteal, tons of threads that circled arround lifeteal and it´s impact on this game in the past, the role of a healer will be more relevant.
    Playerbase asked for less onehitting mobs same as reviving the healer ingame.
    Maybe this will force player to also spend some points into deflect and defense, beside putting every cent into power, crit and recovery, same as damagemultiplier.
    Itemlevel get´s adjusted, a point most player would agree with.
    Dominating crit stat might get nerfed a bit, wich will impact most striker-classes same way not only hunter ..or GWF? No clue why those classes should have any disadvantage over others by loosing some crit. If I start arguing like that a Soulbinder warlock will also be disfavoured since the class runs 100% crit and runs a Dread enchant ..buuh.. are there any Soulbinder active ingame? Anyway implementing alternative stats to have acces to alternative builds or setups sounds fine to me in gerenal.
    A lot new content, anyone who hates that idea?
    Boons will get reworked, nothing I cry about tbh.
    All in all the intentions look good to me, depending on how they will be implemented.
    And if this mod is not centered arround mastercrafting, let it be, there are more important things to be adressed in an mmo than mastercrafting, wich took a lot of resources last mod even though many player seem to be unhappy about made decisions, since the core of this game should stay a dungeon and the experience running it.

I understand players concerns about huge changes in general, but I can´t judge or comment something before it is send to preview.
    In the sum I am positive about general changes to this game, otherwise I would get the feeling this game was more dead than it felt to some degree in the past.
    Let´s assume mod 16 would be build in the same patterns as before... is there anyone that would be happy about it?
    This company had to do mayor changes or just turn their back once and for all, i think they want to give it a try.

PS: there is enough time to fall into tears and bang my head against the keyboard afterwards.
    Two points I´d like to mention, fix insignia boni or cap Artificers and Shepard's and forgot the seconds point...
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User

There is nothing concrete about classes except that DC and GF as far as I remember get a striker role, GWF tank might be revived, wich was mentioned or discussed before in mayn threads. General statement of playerbase:

[snip]

I understand players concerns about huge changes in general, but I can´t judge or comment something before it is send to preview.
    In the sum I am positive about general changes to this game, otherwise I would get the feeling this game was more dead than it felt to some degree in the past.
    Let´s assume mod 16 would be build in the same patterns as before... is there anyone that would be happy about it?
    This company had to do mayor changes or just turn their back once and for all, i think they want to give it a try.

PS: there is enough time to fall into tears and bang my head against the keyboard afterwards.
    Two points I´d like to mention, fix insignia boni or cap Artificers and Shepard's and forgot the seconds point...

I just don't think this dev team has shown that it's capable of getting this right. Everything they've rolled out so far, they've screwed up in obvious ways that show 1) It was rushed 2) It wasn't tested or 3) The team just doesn't care about the quality of what they put out.

I'm not saying I want mod 16 to be about mastercrafting. I'm saying they should fix the total mess of it they made with mod 15 before moving on.

As far as mod 16 being in the same pattern as before, it depends what you mean by before. Mod 6 when they took away most of the dungeons and gave us a barely playable game when almost no one ran ECC without exploits for months? Mod 5 when everyone's experience was reduced to dragon runs and Tiamat? Mod 10 when they promised a rework of HR and screwed it up completely? Mod 12 when they promised to fix that and screwed it up again (and my mod numbers may be off here but it sort of runs together)? Mod 15 when they promised to rework mastercrafting but completely screwed that up by failing to integrate +1 items (and also nerfed HR for no reason, as usual)? Or gave us new artifact equipment gated behind a super-grindy event with a punishing player life limitation that leads to endless ragequitting, and oh yeah they didn't bother gating it behind the suggested IL? The problem is the the consistent record is a half-baked product, ignoring player reports of bugs, failing to fix bugs before and after release, and moving on to the next half-baked product without cleaning up the previous mess. I'd be thrilled to see mod 16 done right, but what reason do we have to believe it will be? And how long will mastercrafting remain broken while they soldier with a new content schedule they just can't keep up with?

I agree that the heart of the game should be dungeon runs and they've failed on that account - but in my opinion because there's no longer much flexibility with party makeup, all boss encounters have high learning curves and there's nowhere to practice, for instance, the pull-push of CODG in a less demanding solo content setting, and CR (which, by the way, I have still never bothered to run to completion because HR was basically written out of it until at 100% crit and armor pen with mastery of the once-per-minute 10 part rotation that has to be completed in 2 seconds or as a boring buffer build and once I'd finally redone my build I couldn't be bothered) is just three tedious boss encounters written to test familiarity with certain class mechanics but definitely not to be fun. I think increasing the level cap and removing stats to force reliance on certain DC and OP abilities is not compatible with increasing party flexibility and therefore making dungeons more fun and accessible.

I don't believe in "wait and see." I've seen plenty and there hasn't been much to like for a long time. Apart from CR and CODG, I generally like the new content. What I don't like is that it's never as good as it ought to be, and easily could be. The major change that's needed is not in toon mechanics and stats but in basic attitude towards quality, player input and bug fixes.
  • pitmonster#5684 pitmonster Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    bobo#5090 said:

rafaelda said:

i dont fear the changes, i fear the bugs within, if the changes are this deep they should just make a new game from scratch, it would get us away from old bugs leaving only the new ones...

At that point they should stick exactly to AD&D rules to the letter. I only just got my head wrapped around the current system of how enchants, stats and ability scores, function to create a decently playable character or 4, and now I'm gonna have to start from scratch again, again(I've respecced all my characters once already, and my main OP 2-3x now)

Maybe they should just give us a great Baldurs Gate remake, I thoroughly enjoyed that one.
    I have actually suggested a Baldur's Gate type of campaigns and play style several times. You create a city or landscape, you populate with gangs and groups, and threads of activity that is affected by your actions and the landscape will change as you interface with it. You have reputation that is affected by your actions and responses to situations and the people you team up with. New campaigns can add new maps but they also add new characters and changes in the old maps. The World is in a certain state at any giving point in the game.

And I would love to form a party of companions, not just have one companion. I want healers and wizards and and rouges in my party. I want to have to pick locks and sometimes avoid a fight. Etc and so on. In MMO party, just increase the size of the party and exclude companions or keep it the same and only allow your "primary" one to come.

I want quest threats here and there that I can pick up. Maybe one is to find that suit of armor I want or another is to gain a new companion (instead of just "buying" on on the AD market like a slave auction).

To me, this would actually inject life into a lifeless game. If you want to just continue to hack and slash, go for it and avoid the dialogs and queue threads.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited February 2019

For a very simple reason - look whats going on now - market is fluctuating depending on rumors, players are hardly buying anything as they simply wait for test server to see what is worth buying etc.
    Lot of players just log in to get a key and see any news - such is a magnitude of incoming MOD.

Now just imagin that devs would told players that within 6 months all those changes are coming - no1 would left here playing. Its a big difference to lay in waiting stance for 2 weeks then for 6 months.

And lets not forget that enchantment rework will bring new stats to replace removed one - and so far noq can tell how usefull those gona be...so....we wait.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    dont people pay attention when they said they are removing old code to implement new code in the game.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    I need a bag of chips and some pop corns on the side anyone?
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Is this still set for 1 March on Preview or has it been pushed back?
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited March 2019

There is nothing concrete about classes except that DC and GF as far as I remember get a striker role, GWF tank might be revived, wich was mentioned or discussed before in mayn threads. General statement of playerbase:

[snip]

I just don't think this dev team has shown that it's capable of getting this right. Everything they've rolled out so far, they've screwed up in obvious ways that show 1) It was rushed 2) It wasn't tested or 3) The team just doesn't care about the quality of what they put out.

I'm not saying I want mod 16 to be about mastercrafting. I'm saying they should fix the total mess of it they made with mod 15 before moving on.

As far as mod 16 being in the same pattern as before, it depends what you mean by before. Mod 6 when they took away most of the dungeons and gave us a barely playable game when almost no one ran ECC without exploits for months? Mod 5 when everyone's experience was reduced to dragon runs and Tiamat? Mod 10 when they promised a rework of HR and screwed it up completely? Mod 12 when they promised to fix that and screwed it up again (and my mod numbers may be off here but it sort of runs together)? Mod 15 when they promised to rework mastercrafting but completely screwed that up by failing to integrate +1 items (and also nerfed HR for no reason, as usual)? Or gave us new artifact equipment gated behind a super-grindy event with a punishing player life limitation that leads to endless ragequitting, and oh yeah they didn't bother gating it behind the suggested IL? The problem is the the consistent record is a half-baked product, ignoring player reports of bugs, failing to fix bugs before and after release, and moving on to the next half-baked product without cleaning up the previous mess. I'd be thrilled to see mod 16 done right, but what reason do we have to believe it will be? And how long will mastercrafting remain broken while they soldier with a new content schedule they just can't keep up with?

I agree that the heart of the game should be dungeon runs and they've failed on that account - but in my opinion because there's no longer much flexibility with party makeup, all boss encounters have high learning curves and there's nowhere to practice, for instance, the pull-push of CODG in a less demanding solo content setting, and CR (which, by the way, I have still never bothered to run to completion because HR was basically written out of it until at 100% crit and armor pen with mastery of the once-per-minute 10 part rotation that has to be completed in 2 seconds or as a boring buffer build and once I'd finally redone my build I couldn't be bothered) is just three tedious boss encounters written to test familiarity with certain class mechanics but definitely not to be fun. I think increasing the level cap and removing stats to force reliance on certain DC and OP abilities is not compatible with increasing party flexibility and therefore making dungeons more fun and accessible.

I don't believe in "wait and see." I've seen plenty and there hasn't been much to like for a long time. Apart from CR and CODG, I generally like the new content. What I don't like is that it's never as good as it ought to be, and easily could be. The major change that's needed is not in toon mechanics and stats but in basic attitude towards quality, player input and bug fixes.
    Well, exactly like @arcanjo86 mentioned most of you missed info that devs are chnging code, or Mimic King explanation why there were issues about Mad Dragon Lair in last ToO event.
    That is also a major answer for all your concenrns mentioned above @feanor70118

Original devs tam is long gone from a company - new stuff no matter how skilled always gona have hard time in adjusting some1 elses personal coding. That is partially a an answer for a long time not solved issues, bugs or lack of balance. Game is a complicated system,and without knowledge about its actuall build its not hard to fail in making adjustments.

Now depending on the scale of behind a scene changes devs should regain control over the game. For me if its gona be made correctly there should be much less issues later. Saw some comments around that devs are doing this MOD to make their lives easier. Now how that can be a problem? If its gona end up with faster bugs/issues sloving then I dont mind it. Like I dont mind if devs spent 1 hour or 10 days on doing something. If it works - fine I dont need a details here.

Lets dont forget that there was a lot of rumors that current dev team was simply unable to make any great change. Even stated that myself here, but since MOD 15 I knew that now its gona be 2 ways - or next mod gona be huge or game would go into maintance mode with handfull of small tweaks and adjustments but no more. But the truth is - they made Chult - best MODs for Neverwinter so far IMHO - so they can do nice things, and then they needed time so MODS 14 and 15 gave them that time.

Now I am glad I was wrong about current dev team capabilities, and the game is growing. New team seems to handle things correctly. Sure its not always to players liking but we cant denied that. Thare was a lot of hard work and dedictaion behind incoming module - how it work out - well we will find out very soon.

That is why I ask around to just wait for test server/lunch of new MOD.
    Not that I am not keeping my trusty pitchfork and a torch close at hand :D
    Sure I do....just in case.....
    But honestly - Its just to early to grab them......

P.S. There is a lot of tension around MC. To make things clear I wam MC myself. Before MOD 15 there was a handfull of us - really. Since that rework took place I see dozens of new crafters joining the maket. Its a competition like never before - so in general MC are no longer as hard to get as before. Sure its was bothering a bit - but if one get use to it its even easie then before and from customer perspective it works fine.
    And I wont be suprised if with a new module we will see some tweaks in crafting system as well.
    Post edited by gripnir78 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User

Is this still set for 1 March on Preview or has it been pushed back?

Won't know for another 7-8 hours.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • theinvaderuk#8241 theinvaderuk Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I play as an ACDC main and I'm livid that the devs are turning me into a glorified stone of health. I'll be switching to PoE when it's released. I'm done with Cryptic.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

I play as an ACDC main and I'm livid that the devs are turning me into a glorified stone of health. I'll be switching to PoE when it's released. I'm done with Cryptic.

Bye Felicia