What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    Beholder Convention quest is jacked up.

Doing it for the first time works, subsequent runs not so much. All the Beholders that I'm told to speak to all say the same thing: That they can't talk to non members. I can't advance this quest let alone complete it.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    tornnomar said:

Doing it for the first time works, subsequent runs not so much. All the Beholders that I'm told to speak to all say the same thing: That they can't talk to non members. I can't advance this quest let alone complete it.

Do you remember to take the hat ?
  • Options
    ichorbladeichorblade Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    vortican said:

lowjohn said:

If you skip the cutscene at the end of Re-Retrieval Operations, you are dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete. If you try it again, the second time you attempt to end the quest you're dumped back in PE with the quest incomplete AND it resets when you try to rejoin.

EDIT: Re-completing it from scratch, and letting all the cutscenes finish, drops you back in PE with the quest unfinished. So it's just completely broken.

I was able to complete it after leaving the quest location, dropping the quest, picking it back up from that dude, and completing it without missing any cutscenes (including the one with the giant leading up to the fight with the bird that you've already seen 4 times because you've had to do Retrieval Operation over and over because of these stupid bugs.)
    its really getting aggravating trying to do the story line and not being able to continue because it will not accept quests that youve already done !
  • Options
    hamadi01hamadi01 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    tornnomar said:

Talk to the person at the left side of the convention room and get a Fez.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Since m15 launch, there have been issues with loot in skill nodes and chests. At first it was just the green insignia, now it is happening with unidentifed items. They don't show up in the list of loot when you open the container, but after closing it, the items get thrown out in a random direction.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    We start here:

We add +60 Proficiency, notice the focus:

And we end up with:

• Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Not all artisans show you visually if you achieved their Special Skill, i.e. with the pink lettering and lightning bolt, when you order with morale
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Please fix the end chests on the sharandar mini dungeons, just done the witch fen (my second day in that part of the zone). First day in, the quest went fine, now it gives me the end chest, I open it, only option is close, the items aren't delivered and you can't even exit. Same problem with the equivalent chest in the first part of sharandar.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    Convention Infiltration lost the part with handing in replacement parts to Mella (and the chance to get sparking/budding romance achievement, as this dialogue was removed too), now after collecting all materials you get immediately sent to Grazillax to infiltrate convention instead.
  • Options
    aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User

https://imgur.com/a/8l4yIWH

Sorry if it was mentioned again.
    The weathered mithral crucible should be purple and cost 5000. Think the same goes for philosopher's stones which I've already sold before noticing.

If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • Options
    crocodill#0946 crocodill Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Gear preview still don't work. I can't see any shield!
  • Options
    Campfires in CN are off - I was a filler for a party which turned out to be already at Orcus' door, after porting in I was put at the campfire one floor below, before the Hall of Mirrors (so the one before the first CN boss room).
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Don't know if this thread should be closed now that it's past the Heart of Fire launch week, but here goes.

Sisters of Ravenloft Boss fight is still bugged:

1. Sisters' chains no longer appear immediately after she says, "Attack me if you dare!". Instead, it can appear any time after that, making it hard to time attacks as you could unwittingly kill yourself with a power or DoT at the wrong time.

2. Sisters' bat attack is now more difficult to remove as you have removed all the visual cues for the light source which seemed to push it away (these light sources e.g. lantern/candles used to be near the pillars that were removed).

3. The sisters can sometimes still attack and kill in one-shot even though there weren't 10 stacks of their theft, and even if the tank was blocking

4. [NEW] Sisters can become untargetable if they somehow port outside the fight zone, and then re-appear inside, even though she can continue killing you to her heart's content (see video below)

Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User

@asterdahl I honestly don't get why it's not centered. Can you fix it?
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Dunno if this was mentioned:

Aq Inc. - Basement quest for documents... Skeletons sometimes drop Tarot Cards.
    (Fine, but I assume this will confuse lower lever players. Do they have a Card Deck?)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    They do get the card deck after picking up the card, tested. :D
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User

They do get the card deck after picking up the card, tested. :D

The first time the new character picks up the card (in the basement in my case), there is a message to tell you to check the deck. I think there was a quick tutorial about opening the deck too.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Today I found [Bane of the Jungle] in my inventory ("of useful items", clicked it and it's moved to main inventory).
    Can I discard it safety?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244532/jungles-of-chult-campaign-completion-preview-item-hit-live
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    I got an application from the Sandurai Ammsterdahl, leatherworker lvl 58. After accepting it, it turned out that on the artisan rooster this same artisan is lvl 47 not 58.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

Today I found [Bane of the Jungle] in my inventory ("of useful items", clicked it and it's moved to main inventory).
    Can I discard it safety?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1244532/jungles-of-chult-campaign-completion-preview-item-hit-live

Related to this, the chult signet of patronage goes gold when you have the relevant bits, but says on it that it requires you to have completed a quest that is part of the cloaked ascendancy campaign, and doesn't work without error message if you try to create it.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Green buff in TONG at Orcus still bugged, sometimes it does not give any temp hp buff at all.

Also the puzzle-solving toons commentaries are mostly missing, which makes e.g. the 6 artefact ordering puzzle bit harder to solve.
    Post edited by poisoncloud on
  • Options
    loa#7295 loa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Think its a known problem still, just wondering if anyone found a fix. I have heard a few people have found a work around. My issue is the Workshop tutorial quest is bugged at the spot where you retrieve the items from the delivery box. I took the items, but the quest does not update. Now, I cant finish the tutorial, which means I can get new applications, access workshop outside of workshop, etc. Anyone have any luck?
  • Options
    duir2013duir2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't know if this is mentioned and searching within a thread doesn't exist, but I can't find any crafted gear for HR and SW after level 20 until level 52. Weapons and [bugged HR] off-hands exist and the shirts/pants are available for both, but starting at the level 26 crafted armor, head, and arms items for tailor all only show Control Wizard - even the feet slot items made by leatherworking only show Control Wizard. Likewise, starting with the level 26 crafted leather armor, head, arms, and feet items all only show Trickster Rogue. This seems like a serious oversight and given all the bugs in the crafting system and that many (if not all) were reported during preview and still made it over to live and are still not fixed after two patches since the update is extremely disconcerting.
  • Options
    duir2013duir2013 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can't seem to find and crafted items for the head, armor, arms, and feet slots for HR and SW after level 20 until level 52. All the crafted tailor items starting at level 26 show Control Wizard only and all the crafted leather items show Trickster Rogue only.
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Well you got me good this time. I was selling the old useless stuff in the workshop. I stupidly trusted you were paying what you said you were. The Old Bandit clues were listed as selling for 180 credits each. That ended up being a lie. You only paid 80 each. I must have loss a least 200,000 credits before I noticed. So I can only sell things one at a time to make sure you are not HAMSTER me over again. I doubt if you will fix. I know I will not recover my loses. I realize I was stupid for trusting you, but I am learning.
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User

Green buff in TONG at Orcus still bugged, sometimes it does not give any temp hp buff at all.

The bug is a bit more complicated than that: Any buff that is taken the last will always fail to work. This means that the players need to make sure to pick the middle buff last, because the dps and the temp hp are much more crucial.
  • Options
    meirami said:

The bug is a bit more complicated than that: Any buff that is taken the last will always fail to work. This means that the players need to make sure to pick the middle buff last, because the dps and the temp hp are much more crucial.
    Which explains why I also saw a red buff getting bugged today...

And another ToNG bug - the whole party got insta-killed with aoe (apparently, Acererak's) after first souls spawned (so the soul count was far from filled), although we could revive with scrolls.
  • Options
    maturutukimaturutuki Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    1. Forged Away(Blacksmith) quest for masterwork 1:
    - if i good remember after collecting three required items without ingots it becomes marked as completed to turn in, but cannot be turned in.
    - after 100 +1 ingots done quest is marked as possible to turn in, but still it cannot be turned it:
    neverwinter-bug

2. SW(soulbinder) casting Immolation Spirits while they are active starts casting animation without others effects. It will be nice if it at least renew spirits hp and summon time and maybe apply short effect on them like increased speed for 1-3 attacks or applying lesser curse on next attack.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    meirami said:

Oooh, are you sure that's it? If so, that's a REALLY HANDY repro step for whoever is going to fix it. Ping @nitocris83 @mimicking#6533, this is a different report of the same bug with much more detailed repro.

This discussion has been closed.