test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Heart of Fire Launch Week Issues

Comments

• Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    The rocks in the Hotenow Caldera are so badly rendered (Egg retrieval quest) that in some parts the toon simply hover over the area, which makes hitting the mobs there or interacting with the feathers way more difficult than it should be.

As for Orientation, you might want to rethink the mob choice for low lvls, I assure you that getting a wave of Flamehex+fire scorpio+ash disciple is definitely a risky combo, especially in the narrow strip of terrain behind the sunken floor.

Plus, at lvl 31, doing the Basement quest my toon dropped from an undead Soldier a Tarokka card... I don't greatly mind, but it's a bit unexpected.
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

SSTC commissions reset an hour before server reset. Extremely annoying, especially given that most of those things take up inventory space until/unless they come ‘round again.

Yes, very annoying. Hence why I focus my efforts into making alchemy item. They go into the crafting inventory instead. And it's not like we're short of alchemists exactly is it ;)
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User

Plus, at lvl 31, doing the Basement quest my toon dropped from an undead Soldier a Tarokka card... I don't greatly mind, but it's a bit unexpected.

One of my characters managed 2 cards in one fight down there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    It seems the tutorial for opening the Profession starting kit gets stuck every time now, with the green tips hanging around non-stop.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Removing the Keybind for Professions doesn't permanently remove the annoying error message about seeing Sgt. Knox. It works until you relog, apparently. I've gone and set up a different command as 'N' now, hoping that works. If it is intended that crafting not be for everyone, please give us a convenient way to opt out and avoid the red dialogue.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    More of the same, only different... This time I hired Akkya Petalwind, an Adventurer. I had considered releasing another Adventurer to make space, but fortunately decided against that and released one of my many useless alchemists.

Then when I went to the board to put Akkya to work, I discovered that she wasn't there. Instead of getting her I got another useless alchemist to replace the one I had just released.
  • Options
    Are mats like Residuum (green mat, purple stack of ash icon), Torn Scroll of Mass Dragon Protection, Primordial Goo still used for something or did they just slid through the sieve when devs were compiling the list of obsolete materials that can be sold to the Retainer?
    Will black ice/runic mats still be used for anything or is it safe to npc them?
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    When you use a supplement and chain a number of crafting tasks (e.g. Repeat for 'x' number of times), only the first task uses the supplement, the ones thereafter do not even though there are more of the same supplement available.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    I fail to create some items when setting to make 'x' number of items even though I have 100% proficiency.

In this instance it was a Beehive Chip with a Proficiency Limit of of 470. I used Elend Legrande (Proficiency 360) and an Adamantine Scythe +1 (Proficiency 375) with a total proficiency of 735/470 yet still failed??
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    vordayn said:

I fail to create some items when setting to make 'x' number of items even though I have 100% proficiency.

In this instance it was a Beehive Chip with a Proficiency Limit of of 470. I used Elend Legrande (Proficiency 360) and an Adamantine Scythe +1 (Proficiency 375) with a total proficiency of 735/470 yet still failed??

You can fail if it gives a +1 result and you have low Focus.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    edited November 2018

vordayn said:

:/

I thought chance for failure was only based on proficiency ...
  • Options
    kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Wow, I understood those were consecutive rolls, not concurrent. That sucks!
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Wow, I understood those were consecutive rolls, not concurrent. That sucks!

Yes, no wonder I was seeing a lot of failures with 95+% proficiency when the focus was 40-50% only ...

It doesn't make sense :worried:

When most of the time I couldn't care less if an item had the "+1" version - they are not counted for MW tasks anyway. What a bugged mess ..
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    "Failed to Start Assignment: Shimmerweave"

I'm guessing this is because I have two other people out collecting
    some already? If so, this needs to be spelled out in the error.
    Honestly, the error needs more explanation, regardless of the reason.

I have several extra gatherers, tools and collection slots open,
    so it shouldn't be because of that.

(Not reading the 11 pages of stuff to see if someone else mentioned this. Sorry.)
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    alansweetalansweet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    I have the feeling that Cryptic has kissed us off that have problems with Mod 15. ... I know they have frustrated me with their lack of support.
  • Options
    lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    Leatherworking recipe for Greater Critical Strike Armor Kit uses 3 x Enhanced Superior Potion of Accuracy instead of 3 x Major Potion of Accuracy. The same as the Major Crit Strike Armor Kit.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    obsiddia said:

"Failed to Start Assignment: Shimmerweave"

I'm guessing this is because I have two other people out collecting
    some already? If so, this needs to be spelled out in the error.
    Honestly, the error needs more explanation, regardless of the reason.

I have several extra gatherers, tools and collection slots open,
    so it shouldn't be because of that.

(Not reading the 11 pages of stuff to see if someone else mentioned this. Sorry.)

You have 3 crafting and 3 gathering slots, go over 3 and you get that message
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018

vordayn said:

This is not how Asterdhal described it, by his description you can only get +1 if you succeeded the proficiency roll and then on the focus roll.

Meaning regular success will be proficiency * (1 - focus_chance)
    And +1 proficiency * (focus_chance)

To fail +1 with proficiency of +1 should be a bug.
  • Options
    Found a new bug in the artisan application system. (Yeah I know, shocker.)

My toon went to her desk, saw there was five (5) applications. Since she was at max artisans (14) and most of those were useless alchemists I don't want I decided to dismiss some of them before viewing because I've several times run into the bug that if I view an application I want, then hit back to fire someone, then when I view that application a second time the page is just blank and the accept button is blanked out.
    In fact this bug may be related to that one as well as to @mithrosnomore's with a dismissed artisan replacing the person yu've just hired.
    What happened was this. I fired three alchemists with lousy stats that no sane person would want to employ and viewed the five application already waiting on my desk. All three alchemists were applying.
    I repeat. The application were already on my desk I simply hadn't viewed them yet, yet the artisans I fired before viewing those application still managed to apply. How the hell does that even work?
    Okay I can guess that it works in that which artisan applies only is determined by the RNG at the moment I decide to view an application, so that an useless artisan I fired two seconds ago can have the sheer chutzpah to reapply. But seriously? There should at minimum be a cooldown on someone you just sacked reapplying.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The Cask of Wonders from the Dread Ring lairs has an icon of a white field now.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Not sure if this is a bug or WAI, but +1 materials can't be exchanged at the temporary vendors.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    At this rate module 16 will just be bug fixes for module 15.
  • Options
    bigblackafricabigblackafrica Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Facilities Upgrade sale includes items currently equipped with slotted enchantments

I just sold, to Merielle Begum, a +1 Shirt that was actively equipped with a rank 10 Enchantment slotted on 2 different characters before I realized what was happening! I can't believe that she ignores (or at least doesn't warn about) equipped items and items that contain slotted enchantments. It should not ever be possible to sell equipped items. This is A SERIOUS BUG that is NOT ACCEPTABLE and needs to be resolved ASAP.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,783,547.

Edited for Accuracy.
    Post edited by bigblackafrica on
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

vordayn said:

This is not how Asterdhal described it, by his description you can only get +1 if you succeeded the proficiency roll and then on the focus roll.

Meaning regular success will be proficiency * (1 - focus_chance)
    And +1 proficiency * (focus_chance)

To fail +1 with proficiency of +1 should be a bug.
    these conclusions are based from +1 fail results on live (with 100% proficiency, 10-20% focus) imo;
    so yes it may be a unexpected bug.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Took me some time to dig it out, page 36 of the preview thread:
    asterdahl said:

There's a lot going on in this post, and I'd like to respond to more of it but for now I'd like to clarify a few points which you brought up. First, yes you need to succeed in order to get a high-quality result, so if you have a 75% chance to succeed and a 25% chance to get a high-quality result, you must first successfully roll to make the item, and then that success must roll to find out whether it will be a high-quality result.

On the topic of high-quality materials and their contribution to your chance to create a high-quality result. It is not dependent on the number of materials. High-quality materials do not add focus, which is why your focus does not go up when you slot them in. Instead, if your chance to make a high-quality item is over 0% (you have met the minimum threshold) your chance to make a high-quality result is increased by up to 20%, where 20% is the value it is increased by if all of your materials are high-quality.

The actual contribution each material adds is complicated, with rarer or higher level materials contributing more to the success chance. So, if an item requires a copper ingot and a gold ingot, providing a copper ingot +1 will be less impactful than providing a gold ingot +1. In the end, however, providing all high-quality materials will always provide the same result: +20%.

Finally, we may examine the required success values further on masterwork recipes. We will be monitoring how prices play out this module and making adjustments, possibly ad hoc, but certainly in the next module, as we would like to avoid a world where normal quality masterwork items are ubiquitous, and seen as a failure.

@asterdahl

The the failures at 100% proficiency of +1 items need to be looked into, a success result should always happen at 100% if it's regular or +1 determined by the focus chance.

As was pointed out on the preview thread, there is a weird interaction between focus and proficiency which should be independent until the rolls on success.

Can we also please have the exact formula for the ingredients +1 contributions?
  • Options

Facilities Upgrade sale includes items currently equipped with slotted enchantments

I just sold, to Merielle Begum, a +1 Shirt that was actively equipped with a rank 10 Enchantment slotted on 2 different characters before I realized what was happening! I can't believe that she ignores (or at least doesn't warn about) equipped items and items that contain slotted enchantments. It should not ever be possible to sell equipped items. This is A SERIOUS BUG that is NOT ACCEPTABLE and needs to be resolved ASAP.

Successfully submitted ticket ID #4,783,547.

Edited for Accuracy.

@bigblackafrica
    While this absolutely needs to be fixed you can prevent it by protecting the items. And really, protecting stuff you're wearing or doesn't intent to sell/convert/otherwise get rid of in some fashion, is a really good rule to live by in this game. Saves you a ton of headaches and accidents. I unfortunately speak entirely from personal experience here.
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    If you open a "level up" reward box in your workshop, there is no pop up box showing you what you got, when you go to another area the same thing happens until you log out or shut down and come back and open them outside of your workshop (you do seem to get the rewards though)
  • Options
    flisszflissz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I am currently stuck on one character in the Running a Workshop Quest chain. I am at the point I need to Order an Item at the Dispatch Board. It will not allow me to select an order since my Delivery Box is full. At this point I do not have access to the Delivery Box so I can not empty it.
This discussion has been closed.