test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Professions Overhaul

Comments

• juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    And the both crates are very expensive
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    The materials required to craft the various Essences (Focus, Calm, Haste) are still missing.

However, judging from tooltips and datamined info, I suspect that these will only be available through the Zen market and lockboxes.

If you make certain crafting materials available only for Zen, I will never spend another dollar on the game. Putting them in the Wondrous Bazaar would be acceptable, making them a cash shop item is not.

Charisma was my dump stat.
  • marc#8428 marc Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I've basically run every dungeon in the game along with daily and weekly quests without much gold bonus and with 257% gold bonus. Below are my findings. I URGE the dev team to reevaluate how much "monies" comes from killing mobs, doing quests, etc. Currently speaking not 1 single task in the game produces 1 gold.

My 257% gold gain build costs around 7M AD so it's not realistic for the average player and can only obtain 104g an hour farming giants in cold run. Furthermore, all level 70 zones give the same amount of monies per the lobs you kill. You'd think Barovia would pay more for killing mobs than well of dragons. It does not. I also believe the monies from dailies and weeklies are similar if not very close to the same regardless of the level 70 zone you're in; which again you'd think current content would produce more gold than well of dragons content.

By introducing a new system into the game that's a complete gold suck and not ramping up gold gains you'll create a deficit in currency needed to run professions and you'll do it over night.

GOLD FROM LVLing DUNGEONS (SOLO)
    Cloak tower: 2g 25s 43c
    CC: 1g 99s 47c
    GWD: 2g 83s 17c
    Pirates: 3g 42s 6c
    Frozen Heart: 3g 84s 3c / 3g 74s 70c
    SPC: 2g 52s 67c
    TOS: 1g 59s 4c
    K Cave: 1g 73s 70c

(5 MAN)
    Kessel: 48s 96c
    Teuron: 20s 46c
    Mala: 61s 5c
    Valindria: 75s 86c
    Elol: 1g 6s 30c (solo)
    Etos: 1g 27s 18c (3 man)
    Ecc: 2g 19s (4 man)
    Egwd: 24s 22c (4 man)

CHULT
    Fane: inside- 50s 10c (solo)
    54s 2c quest / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)
    House of Croc: inside- 10 silver
    27s 1 c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)
    Shrines: 27s, 1c quest / 81s 36c (bonus)
    Camp Resupply: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c (bonus)

BAROVIA
    Dark heroics: 54s 2c / 1g 62s 73c
    The rest give: 27s 1c / 81s 26c
    Dailies: 27s 1c / 81s 36c (bonus)

MOBS ACROSS NW
    Low trash: 1s 17c / 3s 53c
    Larger Mobs: 1s 94c / 5s 84c
    Giants SOMI: 10s 93c / 32s 91
    Giants SOMI: 14s 38c / 43s 33c
    Giants CR: 9s 65c /26s - 29s 97c
    Giants/ Giant Bears LW: 29s 97c
    Giants IWDP: 10s 93c / 32s 81c
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    1)the professions artisan equipment box can give epic artisan no matter the workshop level?
    2) to recieve an epic asset workshop must be level 4?
    3) cost to make workshop level 3 and 4 is 6m :?
    4) isnt it bad that we cant exchange epic asset with epic artisan?

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited November 2018

The materials required to craft the various Essences (Focus, Calm, Haste) are still missing.

However, judging from tooltips and datamined info, I suspect that these will only be available through the Zen market and lockboxes.

This would be a disgusting move on their part. I sincerely hope this will not be the case.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    NOTE: you can craft Black Opal, Flawless Saphire, and others in Jewelcraft. If you worried about Leadership changes.

Look for my post in this thread, it lists the materials -only required- if (all) professions are 70. In total there are 64 items plus a few refinement &/or potions you'll need. So 64 is a lot more manageable than stocking materials for all level of professions. We also no longer have Character Bound Materials, just the unbound & high-quality materials.

Realized the # 64 includes about 15-25 materials not required, they are needed if you want to replenish others materials. Otherwise it might be narrowed down to about 39-49.

Only as a FYI for those who care about 70 level materials 'required' exclusively.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1243624/materials-bag-way-too-small

The thread title is older, when Materials purchased with Credit, 'were' previously character bound. Also it stemmed from looking at all new materials from level 7-70.

Hope 'someone' finds it helpful.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    wow, i knew they would make the mess with inventory, too many "Processed" steps and next step materials. they need to clean up big time, cut down excessive items into more streamlined basic "Raws to Final product", cut out all the unneeded middle steps.

we really dont need bounded items, just make them universal items.
    make me wonder if devs are catering to hardcore crafters?
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

1)the professions artisan equipment box can give epic artisan no matter the workshop level?
    2) to recieve an epic asset workshop must be level 4?
    3) cost to make workshop level 3 and 4 is 6m :?
    4) isnt it bad that we cant exchange epic asset with epic artisan?

1) Sort of - the assets you trade can be used to buy an artisan voucher (or vai zen store or lockbox), and you can choose the class, but it is random as far as the quality and level. The only 'for sure' epic comes from you having slots 7-9 unlocked (bottom 3).

2) No, but much more likely - if you are referring to Artisan. You can craft/buy tools from your exchange.

3) Not sure, various AD and other requirements, but live will tell...

4) Well, you CAN, but at a gamble... and that is what a lot of people are complaining about. While it is true the new system is completely different, a number of people are not happy with the conversion rate, primarily as the general feeling (and experience in test) is that we will be worse off in all aspects - cannot craft as much, gold sink, worse chances without Mastercraft gear (and even they are not happy with their chances), no ability to make some items (like SH crates), etc.

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • juergeng123juergeng123 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Think about what the took away with the Leadership chests. Think what you can get out of the level 23 or 25 task chests.
    Than look how they designed the new artisan. + 200 commision thats nuts. They try to fool us in every way.

I think if this goes live a huge amount of players will leave this game.
    Schließe dich meiner Gilde Valindras Fear an Gildenhalle 20 Marktplatz 9 Stall 9 Kasserne 9, Entdeckergilde 9
    Join my guild Valindras Fear GH20 Marketplace 9 Stable 9 Barracs 9 Explorer Guild 9
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User

Though I probably would have used @lordtweety#3604's approach had I thought of it. LOL

I'm hoping that this approach will still work in Mod15, although we have hit level 20 since and don't really need gold for the guild. Gold has taken on an all new significance in the new mod.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    wylonus said:

wow, i knew they would make the mess with inventory, too many "Processed" steps and next step materials. they need to clean up big time, cut down excessive items into more streamlined basic "Raws to Final product", cut out all the unneeded middle steps.

we really dont need bounded items, just make them universal items.
    make me wonder if devs are catering to hardcore crafters?

Materials purchased with Material Credit ,haven't been bound, at least since the last patch.
  • quickfoot#7851 quickfoot Member Posts: 488 Arc User

This system is not ready to go live. Either the system should be pulled from the initial release of mod 15 or mod 15 should be delayed. I am certain the dev team will regret releasing this system early, in 1 way or another if it hits live without significant polish.

I second this.

• nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    @asterdahl High quality gathered resources cannot be donated to the guild coffer. For example, Copper Ore is worth 2 Profession Resources per 1 Copper Ore. By comparison, Copper Ore +1 cannot be donated to the guild coffer at all. High quality resources should be worth more than regular quality resources.

Now, notwithstanding the problem above, Copper Ore is both cheaper to produce and creates more value for the guild coffer than something like Oak Logs. I'll break this down for you.

Resource

Cost to Gather

Time to Gather

Coffer Value

per one

per task

per minute

per copper

Copper Ore 11 copper 10 minutes 2 24 2.40 2.18
    Oak Logs 7512 copper 180 minutes 28 336 1.867 0.0447
    Does anyone else see a problem here? Copper Ore is more than 48 times cheaper to gather than Oak Logs for coffer donation purposes, and almost 30% more valuable from a Profession Resource unit perspective. The coffer value of something like Oak Logs should be considerably greater than the coffer value of Copper Ore. I mean, Copper Ore is a level 1 task that is guaranteed to complete, whereas Oak Logs is a level 70 task that I can only get to a 94% success rate while using an Adamantine Hatchet +1. (Yes, I crafted a high quality hatchet for this test.) There is a serious problem with the values assigned to the length of the tasks, the costs of the tasks, and the coffer value of the resources themselves. You really can't fix the imbalance without changing at least two of the values. You either have to reduce the cost of Oak Logs and make them worth considerably more, or you have to reduce both the time and cost required to gather them.

Of course, if the developers' intention is to make Copper Ore not a viable donation for people with high level adventurers, then they'll end up leaving it so that high quality resources cannot be donated. That would force people to use something like Oak Logs because you can get the focus value for the task low enough to avoid getting high quality results. Or, for people who prefer to donate low level gathered resources, it'll make low level adventurers of high value and they'll try to rotate through adventurers periodically. (This would be annoying and I seriously doubt more than a handful of people will even attempt this strategy.)

Now, for those people who are concerned about their ability to sustain gathering even Copper Ore, there is actually a little relief available. All that masterwork "junk" that comes from flowers in Chult can be donated, instead. This costs you nothing, save a little time to gather it. If you're going to be there, anyway, you might as well gather the flowers you run by. And, let's face it, you probably will be in Chult and Omu to get campaign currency to turn into rough astral diamonds. You can also use the Explorer Scrolls that you get from the Generalist in the SH, like the ones for Cold Run, Whispering Caverns, Hotenow, and so on. The stuff you get from doing those is also able to be donated for Profession Resources. This is going to make those 2x Profession Resources events particularly useful, even to those people not engaged in crafting. It's also going to drive up the cost of these resources on the AH because there will be more people simply putting them in the coffer.
    Post edited by nunya#5309 on
  • antok500#4237 antok500 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Base level copper ore gathering is my number one strategy for all characters without a forgehammer. I will no doubt feel bad about sacking people for getting good at their job but hey, thats the game.

I thought it had been left there just for folks who only did corvee labor task from leadership.
    Additional observations:

There are now +1 versions of the masterwork ingredients from places like Hotenow, Cold Run, etc. These also cannot be donated to the guild coffer. So if the developers continue to disallow the donation of high quality resources to coffers, then one positive about this for masterwork crafters is that those high quality resources will dominate the AH because people like me will have no other use for them. That will make getting better MW results a little bit easier, I would think. I'm not saying MW products will be any cheaper, of course; just that it should be nominally easier to get better results.

As far as I'm concerned, even if high quality resources can be donated to the coffer, I'll probably sell the high quality resources I get from those zones on the AH in order to supplement my AD income. I should be able to get enough stuff for donation from the regular quality results of that farming to supply my guild with all the Profession Resources it needs.
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    Still haven't seen an answer if we are going to get the uncommon and rare versions of the armor kits and jewels. Don't seem to be in last nights patch which is what I assume will be what we get at go live.
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I take it by the lack of answer that the prices for the crates are seemingly final, ah well. I understand wanting to use them to funnel gold out of the economy, but the current price is going to tax very heavily those that previously engaged in professions across their characters to help their guild.

They'll feel rather frustrated at seeing their ability to enjoy the game by contributing to their guild using professions halved, in the best of cases, and limited to only a couple of characters for most.

Of course, you can min-max the system to reduce costs, but even in that case I can see the better set average player feeling the heat in not much more than a few months time.

And let's not forget, that the guild mark value of crates is completely negligible in the current live build. You make them to help, you'll never turn a profit from the time spent.

Lastly, do mind, I don't argue on this point because it'll affect me personally, I've taken steps these last weeks towards ensuring I can just toss gold at this sink like guardsmen get shipped into Armageddon.

I just don't see the crafters in my guild very happy when they find out that they can no longer help the guild with more than one or two characters after all their hard work levelling professions across their alts.

"we'll address that in a future module", then it moves on to "the person who wrote that code left and we don't understand it anymore" until you finally get to "we're replacing the whole thing with something worse because we don't like the way you guys are playing".

I almost found it funny. Apparently someone has been following the guidelines for writing unsustainable code.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
    @tanais58crane I think we'll all just have to be a little creative in how to progress our guilds. I'm not denying that even I am frustrated by the difficulty being imposed upon us in helping our guilds. I feel for those people in guilds either without crafters or with few crafters who have had limited time to tend professions. I've been very lucky in that I've been able to tend professions every four hours, four times a day in the case of surplus equipment and gems crates, while I've been able to tend astral diamonds and labor crates every three hours, five times a day. I've decided to finally give it a rest this weekend and just accept that I have what I have for my guild and I'll have to figure out the rest after the update. The developers don't seem to understand that the people doing professions to help their guilds tend not to develop a glut of gold and, from my observations, they tend not to be hardcore farmers. It will be interesting to see what changes they make in the coming months.
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited November 2018

Additional observations:

There are now +1 versions of the masterwork ingredients from places like Hotenow, Cold Run, etc.

Do these come from the mw map nodes? What determines if you get a +1 version of said resource? Talking about the base mats (gold ore, bronzewood logs, etc.)

Additional observations:

There are now +1 versions of the masterwork ingredients from places like Hotenow, Cold Run, etc.

Do these come from the mw map nodes? What determines if you get a +1 version of said resource? Talking about the base mats (gold ore, bronzewood logs, etc.)

Yes, those are the ones that come the the MW map nodes. I don't know what determines whether you get a +1 version. It seems random to me. I ran the Hotenow map quest twice and got two Alum +1 and a Sal Ammoniac +1. So three of 12 resources gathered. Too small a sample to really say it's for sure a 25% chance, of course; just figured I'd share my results and someone who is doing more gathering can perhaps aggregate the data.
  • cts2000#2706 cts2000 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Thanks much....guess I'll be holding onto maps until mod 15 then.....no use running them now
  • forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    As we are getting close to the release date, I wonder what will happen during the maintenance/switchover to crafting projects in progress? Particularly ones that may result in you gaining a level in your profession. Which level will your conversion be based on?

Also, perhaps someone could answer this: I will most likely prefer to wait some time after the conversion in order to even fire up crafting - in order to give Cryptic time to (perhaps) deal with some of the bugs and issues that are bound to crop when they release this. If I simply don't do anything, I assume all my crafting assets, artisans, tools etc will simply be waiting as is a week or so later? They will still be tradeable, sellable on exchange, able to mail to my other characters until I decide what I will do with them? Or will something automatically change about them / cash them in / bind them to account or anything like that?
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

As we are getting close to the release date, I wonder what will happen during the maintenance/switchover to crafting projects in progress? Particularly ones that may result in you gaining a level in your profession. Which level will your conversion be based on?

The level will be based at the time of conversion, I am betting - they cannot extrapolate all the potential updates, so tough luck would be my guess - especially as experience is only gained AFTER collecting the task, not on completion.

Also, perhaps someone could answer this: I will most likely prefer to wait some time after the conversion in order to even fire up crafting - in order to give Cryptic time to (perhaps) deal with some of the bugs and issues that are bound to crop when they release this. If I simply don't do anything, I assume all my crafting assets, artisans, tools etc will simply be waiting as is a week or so later? They will still be tradeable, sellable on exchange, able to mail to my other characters until I decide what I will do with them? Or will something automatically change about them / cash them in / bind them to account or anything like that?

Yes, they will leave all your assets as they are (but useless except to convert to credits), you have to choose when/what you cash in for credits. If you can trade/sell /mail it now, they will still be so - no change (not 100% sure about AH, but I would guess yes because if you open an old Lockbox and get a legendary (old) tool, they would have to allow you to sell it).
    But the items you convert to credits - those credits ARE bound to that toon.
    They have to allow this as all the old lockboxes will still have the old assets, so you will be able to convert for at least 12 months or more (plus stuff already in AH, mail, etc). I am sure they will kill that at some point, but not for the foreseeable future. I will also be holding off on any major profession activity as well...

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited November 2018

As far as has been announced by the developers, if you don't trade your assets in the first week fire and brimstone will fall upon you and yours, any that try to save you turned into statues of salt for their folly.

Edit: Wait, I was reading the wrong post. No, their last word on the matter was that they do not intend to take away the possibility of trading in our old resources any time soon, so you are not in a hurry.
    Post edited by tanais58crane on
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • eeng1eeng1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    Legendary philosofer's stone still cannot be traded, this is now the third time I write this.
  • seveninchbladeseveninchblade Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    I would just like to reiterate what others have stated above: this portion of the module is not ready to go live. This needs to be delayed.
    Charisma was my dump stat.
  • szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Exchange old materials - (Torn Bandit Clue Camp) give incorrect number - 180 on exchange material and sell window but give only 80 after sell.