Hey Great Weapon Fighters,
Great Weapon Fighter is getting a couple of fixes and adjustments this patch. One of the things that we really wanted to address was the imbalance of Feat paths. While the Sentinel tree isn’t getting a revamp, the Instigator tree has had some feats completely overhauled. We wanted Instigator to feel unique from the Destroyer tree while still focusing on granting the Great Weapon Fighter a damage-based tree with some utility. To accomplish this, there is a new feat that increase your damage dealt based on movement speed and a lot of interactions to go with it. In addition to this, there’s an emphasis on Combat Advantage and sticking to your target.
- Determination: Determination is now gained from dealing damage at all times, at half the normal rate, instead of just when you own the “Destroyer’s Purpose” capstone feat.
- Destroyer's Purpose: Now doubles the rate at which you earn Determination when dealing damage.
- Warrior’s Courage (Revamped): Gain 6% (up from 5%) Damage Resistance and 4% Deflection chance when below 50% Hit Points. While under 25% Hit Points, these bonuses are doubled.
- Warrior’s Courage: Damage Resistance per rank reduced to 3% (down from 5%)
- Warrior’s Courage: Deflection Chance per rank reduced to 2% (down from 3%)
- Steel Blitz (Revamped): Chance to proc reduced to 15% (down from 25%)
- Steel Blitz: Damage reduced to 50% weapon damage (from 60%)
- Steel Blitz: Damage no longer increases with each rank-up
- Steel Blitz: Chance to proc now increases by 5% per rank
- Steel Blitz: This power can now critically strike
- Steel Blitz: Fixed an issue where some buffs weren't correctly affecting Steel Blitz
- Flanking Maneuvers (Reworked): Striking a foe, while you have Combat Advantage, causes you to deal an additional 4/8/12/16/20% of your weapon damage.
- Warrior’s Rush (Reworked): Your Mighty Leap, Punishing Charge, and Savage Advance powers now grant 5/10/15/20/25% increased movement speed, for 4 seconds, when used.
- Allied Opportunity: Combat Advantage time increased to 2/4/6/8/10 seconds.
- Nimble Runner (Reworked): Your damage dealt is increased by 1.65/3.3/4.95/6.6/8.25%. This value increases as your total movement speed increases, up to a maximum of 40%.
- Crippling Strikes (Reworked): Your At-will, Encounter, and Daily powers slow targets hit by 1/2/3/4/5% for 5 seconds, stacking up to 6 times.
- Crippling Strikes: You deal 3/6/9/12/15% more damage to targets who are slowed by Crippling Strikes.
- Group Assault: Now also affects Reaping Strike
- Instigator’s Vengeance: Your damage is increased by 20% (up from 10%) and each time you are struck in combat this value is increased by 5% (down from 10%).
- Instigator’s Vengeance: Expiry time increased to 8 seconds (up from 6 seconds)
- Instigator’s Vengeance: Fixed an issue where this feat only required 20 points spent