test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

September 2018 Maintenance Schedule

Comments

• Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    bojsha said:

So, could I please know why is there another maintenance today, 9h long one? I expect an answer to that.

Same reason as yesterday.
    percemer said:

Perfect World is moving the servers.

FrozenFire
  • Options
    devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    we have a problem, there's no comunication.
    so many maintanance, and ... no patch note ... no answer ...
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    devilxjk said:

To repeat. No patches are being done. They're moving servers and it takes time.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    I know it is not in the list, but ask a religion person: only because something can not be seen does not mean it is not there. ;-)

So my question is, will there be a regular maintenance (perhaps including patches) tomorrow/Thursday?
  • Options
    aimsiesaimsies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    I'm just going to throw this out there... losing an entire 9 hour day on the last day of an event is terrible planning.... especially when you had maintenance yesterday and will likely have normal maintenance tomorrow. honestly....
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    wtf 9 hour mainteance 2 days in 1 week are you guys really serious ?
    we can't even farm to prepare for the next module now 2 days without taking my vip rewards or doing anything get real guys this is unacceptable at least do some planning in advance now i can't mget apocalyse dagger anymore as i have to wait for next event as you guys did this maint sht on last day of event ......
  • Options
    tygriss#9534 tygriss Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ugh!! More maintenance! Whats the point in VIP when you cant even get to play the game!
  • Options
    rohanwolves#4035 rohanwolves Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    there is no regular maintenance day sked
  • Options
    ocean#1570 ocean Member Posts: 2 New User
    Are you joking ? Maitenance again ? Yesterday it was 9 hours, today too. I live in UTC+1 zone, it means 2 days game is off. Disgusting :/
  • Options
    psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    so why don't they move data centers like my company has? install new hardware at the new location, move the software, run limited, move the hardware, install old hardware, run at improved quality.
  • Options
    johnsmith#4191 johnsmith Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    how does the new server help??
  • Options
    gatchigirl#9912 gatchigirl Member Posts: 6 New User
    Why don't you guys do this during the overnight when it won't be so impactful? I mean, come on, this is two days in a row this has happened. Is there really this big an issue that you have to keep taking down the game or just poor management?
  • Options
    latoreklatorek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Its not funny anymore nothing but MAINTENANCE all the time *** joke!!!!
  • Options
    kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I am still just trying to find out about getting my WarDog back, I do not expect to get an answer soon.
  • Options
    arcanyxx#6310 arcanyxx Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @romromero said:
    > > @"arcanyxx#6310" said:
    > > Eh, I'll use the time to read the M15 class changes. :D If it makes things more stable, then I'm all for it.
    > >
    >
    > Dont! It will raise your blood pressure!

LOL, how happy I am that I don't play a TR or a CW. Hopefully they'll help my OP. :D

More maintenance...hopefully this is the last one that is this long for a while. Gotta look on the bright side here.
  • Options
    bojshabojsha Member Posts: 82 Arc User

bojsha said:

So, could I please know why is there another maintenance today, 9h long one? I expect an answer to that.

percemer said:

tnx I'll be playing guild wars 2 .. time to delete this!
  • Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2018

Why don't you guys do this during the overnight when it won't be so impactful? I mean, come on, this is two days in a row this has happened. Is there really this big an issue that you have to keep taking down the game or just poor management?

It's always overnight somewhere. Somewhere will be impacted.
  • Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Seriously... everyday is a maintenance day now. No info, no notes, really nothing and we being kept in the dark all the times.

Nice company policy. Will get you lose more players per day. Zero compensation for losing the VIP, dailies etc.

At least make someone active to tell us why this happening. Everyday is goddamn maintenance.
  • Options
    monjh12monjh12 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Barely came in this game and already regretting. Do arc/cryptic hire the IT/maintenance guys after they have a brain aneurysm?
  • Options
    monjh12 said:

Barely came in this game and already regretting. Do arc/cryptic hire the IT/maintenance guys after they have a brain aneurysm?

This is NOT normal maintenance. Usually it is only down two hours, once a week
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    rodosto said:

Seriously... everyday is a maintenance day now. No info, no notes, really nothing and we being kept in the dark all the times.

Nice company policy. Will get you lose more players per day. Zero compensation for losing the VIP, dailies etc.

At least make someone active to tell us why this happening. Everyday is goddamn maintenance.

No, people just don't read. It has been mentioned many times what is going on.
  • Options
    garvan#8770 garvan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    > @frozenfirevr said:
    > we have a problem, there's no comunication.
    > so many maintanance, and ... no patch note ... no answer ...
    >
    > To repeat. No patches are being done. They're moving servers and it takes time.

Maybe insert it in the first post so less ppl come complaining. At the same time congrats on your patience on repeating the same answer again and again
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am familar with downtimes with "new server host", like an old mountain dew quote, Been there, Done this!

Asheron's Call and Eq2 had this before, it nothing new. they doing upgrades on servers. i know those takes time.
  • Options
    zhenyagametvzhenyagametv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    If potobello wont be extended, i will <font color=orange>HAMSTER</font> kill myself. I think many people fe<font color=orange>e</font>l the same.
    Post edited by frozenfirevr on
  • Options
    tazz4nowtazz4now Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    WOW so many complaints and posts about the downtime, (which will always inconvenience someone) they could always just shut the game down for an entire week instead, at least they let everyone know at the beginning of the month, if you're that concerned over your VIP rewards then work around their schedule for the few days they have maintenance, everyone else does, oh and an fyi.....all mmo's have some downtime, if it's too much of a problem then maybe play a console game that doesn't require online game play....have a nice day B)
  • Options
    timmyteotimmyteo Member Posts: 1 Arc User

Datacenters may be open 24/7 but far fewer people at night, same with software companies. It costs more to have more people on overnight vs. during business hours.
  • Options
    altaiir94altaiir94 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    bojsha said:

bojsha said:

percemer said:

tnx I'll be playing guild wars 2 .. time to delete this!
    Yeah, right, like you'd give up on all 3 of your accounts.
  • Options
    kyonesiverkyonesiver Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Rare large bout of downtimes usally come with some sort of curtsy form the staff... I don't care much for perks at this time I just want to get back to normal gameplay soon. I hope this move evens out when done thou, the bad Rubber banding is killing my gameplay experince.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

devilxjk said:

To repeat. No patches are being done. They're moving servers and it takes time.
    Maybe insert it in the first post so less ppl come complaining. At the same time congrats on your patience on repeating the same answer again and again
    OP updated. Thanks for the suggestion.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    arce72#4665 arce72 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    this is bull HAMSTER , 2 days now in a row. it is midnight here in ZA when you online agian. you should refund me vip !!! not fair at all