test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How do you guys feel about the new Ad refinement changes, 100k cap for entire account?

13»

Comments

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm having more fun this way honestly so it doesn't matter to me.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

I'm curious: What are people doing to reach the cap so easily each day?

Hunts in Ravenloft earn coins that can buy salvageable gears. Also Small HE's in River District.
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    regenerde said:

But the Devs and some players still dream, that this new restriction will change everything for good...
    and the same was said about removing rAD from Leadership.
    and the same was said about removing rAD from Invoking.
    Do you start seeing a pattern here?

It's far from perfect and still needs tweaks, but far better than keeping things the way they were. They want players to be able to earn AD for playing the game, but Invoke was just login and logout. Leadership was just a few more clicks. Then came RQs, which did require actual play. However, it was too easily abused, so now here we are. See a pattern? There's progress, but just wish things are thought out/tested better and quicker to evolve and fix mistakes.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    Did removing rAD from leadership make it better?
    IMO, yes, it did.
    Did removing rAD from invoking make it better?
    IMO, yes, it did.

So, what went wrong? IMO, allowing rAD from queue made it went wrong. I have no problem if one earns rAD from queue salvage but earning rAD for 'follow' and AFK and bot?
    Creating RQ and add even more rAD made it N times worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User

So, what went wrong? IMO, allowing rAD from queue made it went wrong. I have no problem if one earns rAD from queue salvage but earning rAD for 'follow' and AFK and bot?
    Creating RQ and add even more rAD made it N times worse.

Yeah, and more:

- you can create new char and start make full rAD reward in about 10 mins
    - Uneven queues: some skirmishes take over 10 mins and others can be done in under 3.
    - IG: you just die and get reward. Even worse, this is the only skirmish you get between lvl 20ish to 64.
    - disconnect or just change char to avoid ban
    - kick issues and overly long wait to be allowed to kick
    - unwillingness to crack down on bots (requires a lot of effort and dealing with possible repercussions)