test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So we have an emergency maintenance, but don't fix all of the issues?

Protectors bounty is STILL bugged 99% of the time in all 3 zones. This is pretty ridiculous. Whispering Cavern is by far the best place to do it, but all 7 instance have been bugged for the past 12 hours.

Are the developers even aware? Do they care?

I contacted live chat and they basically shrugged and said they cant do anything. And they'd open a ticket. Im sure the ticket will be resolved just after the event ends...

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That's not what the maintenance was to fix. The issue with the Merchant is a much bigger issue and unfortunately they will not have time to fix it before the end of the Jubilee. They are aware of the issue. They know how frustrating it is. But they simply do not have the time and resource to devote to fixing it before the end of the Jubilee this year.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    omega2you#9252 omega2you Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Well that's downright disappointing.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    It is not 99% of time. I need to do 6 characters. All got that done from the first site to the most 3rd site. Mostly, the first time.
    There is also a 4th zone, your SH if you belong to a guild.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    omega2you#9252 omega2you Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No one is realistically only doing this once. This is meant to be farmed. Thats the whole purpose of it. But we cant farm if it is bugged.And strong hold requires protection orders, while the Three other zones do not. But they are all broken
  • Options
    edited June 2018

No one is realistically only doing this once. This is meant to be farmed. Thats the whole purpose of it. But we cant farm if it is bugged.And strong hold requires protection orders, while the Three other zones do not. But they are all broken

If you farm it and you only need to find one instance and keep farming. I did. Again, hardly 99% of time I cannot find a working instance.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Here is what I have been doing and it works great. I open the box and out pops protection orders for my guild. I take the quest for the ones in Blacklake too. Now with both quests, I head off the the Stronghold and meet him. If you don't have the orders it won't work otherwise both quests are completed, and he leaves, and is promptly killed. I head back to PE and Elminster Aumar tells me what a wonderful job I did. Gives me another box and it just repeats. I did try to save him once but we only got half way back to the castle. The merchant is a very squishy guy.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Fixing errors usually is 90% looking for the problem and 10% fixing it. Random problems like the foreign merchants turning off can be very hard to track down since it is not very reproducable in the test environment. So most likely the Cryptic developers are still tearing their hair out trying to figure out this one.
  • Options
    owl#9265 owl Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited June 2018
    HAMSTER merchant is bugged so far for 3 years. server lag at Pe are best I saw ever. maybe it`s time to stop make useless modules and fix HAMSTER game? a few more modules and you get perma lag

Moderator manually added HAMSTER filter.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Merchant in SH works great. Farmed him for hours! Sometimes beasts HE messes him up but seems to resolve itself quickly.
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

Merchant in SH works great. Farmed him for hours! Sometimes beasts HE messes him up but seems to resolve itself quickly.

Yes, it does. Less strangers come along to mess it up. Easier to time to aggro the hostile to stop the merchant. I also have an impression it drops more box too (but that can be subjective on my own).
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    The merchant issue requires more thorough investigation so it could not be included in the same fix as the issue with coins that was impacting other players. This is not to diminish the issue or how it impacts players but simply that time constraints and other factors often require prioritization in fixes. That being said, one of our programmers was online (of of their own volition) throughout the weekend manually unsticking merchants one by one when they were able to do so.