What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items that are ruining PvP

2»

Comments

• Options
    tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

Funnily enough, you know very well that you are one of the players who does care about these things. How many times have we had discussions in game about all this broken stuff? Too many to count.

It is a shame to see you leave, if you do, although something tells me that you will be back in the next mod, if not before ;)

On the frustration though, no one is keeping us chained to the game. If frustration with the aspect we enjoy the most about the game gets too intense, then I do think the best thing is to leave/take a break - so many other things we can do. So many have decided to do exactly that. For those (masochists?) who decide to remain though, complaining unproductively won't result in much progress.

And leaving you alone? I'm "testing" the mane on cw too....hahahahaha....

All usable items are legal to Don in pvp

Yeah, sure, like drains maybe

• Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Ban killing in PvP. That will solve all these problems!

I don't think our priorities are in the right place here. Banning items like these might make some people feel better, but it's not going to improve PvP as a whole unless we can boost participation. The main issue with PvP is, and has been for several mods, small player base.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @lordnemesis1981 said:
    > Funnily enough, you know very well that you are one of the players who does care about these things. How many times have we had discussions in game about all this broken stuff? Too many to count.
    >
    > It is a shame to see you leave, if you do, although something tells me that you will be back in the next mod, if not before ;)
    >
    > On the frustration though, no one is keeping us chained to the game. If frustration with the aspect we enjoy the most about the game gets too intense, then I do think the best thing is to leave/take a break - so many other things we can do. So many have decided to do exactly that. For those (masochists?) who decide to remain though, complaining unproductively won't result in much progress.
    >
    > And leaving you alone? I'm "testing" the mane on cw too....hahahahaha....
    > All usable items are legal to Don in pvp
    >
    > Yeah, sure, like drains maybe

The producers removed tenacity... to allow pve items to be used in pvp.

Why not boost pvp stats to be used in pve?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I have not even bothered to PvP since the 2nd half of this Mod. I was pretty unhappy with the amount of stuns and broken items already ruining the game but it was bearable apart from a couple of players.

But I took 1 look at the new items and thought nah I'll just wait to see what fixes etc are implemented. Its a shame as I think I did around 500 PvP games the 1st half of this Mod.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    These items, supposedly fixed on May 17th, are not. These tests are from after the fix:

Mane of the manticore: (x4 procs)

https://imgur.com/a/sEy3EfS

Chitters: (x3 procs)

https://imgur.com/a/GPckIz8

@nitocris83
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Thank you for posting all the broken items here.
    Now we will see more players having the mane of the manticore.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    deathklaat666deathklaat666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    so much wahhh, ok ill agree to this....curesbringer ring does seem to proc for much longer bursts then stated, maybe tone it down. Mane of the manticore, multi procs definately need fix (2 procs for most classes 3 or 4 times on OP and SW), sandy pant fixed its cooldown ive no issues with it, , as far as stamina Drain, you say its toxic when it is easily stopped with a ward, I myself find OP or GF with perma shiled, or CW,DC,TR, HR with perma slide dodges and GWF and SW That can speed off at any moment to avoid death to be more toxic. I get Stamina Drain... as far as AP Drain...its been in the game since Malbogs, i dont use it myself but keep a ward handy for those who do .Impenatrable jungle is a feat not an Item Control resistance makes a big differenc ein the stun length, that actually holds true on all these items)ive never noticed the Thunderhead thing in person only heard of it so cant weigh in. chitters fangs has recieved a multi proc fix and a 10 sec coold down which seems fair to me no more instant melting by OP's wearing it anymore. The people who hate these items most are people using macros to string their attacks together and hard target locking , because thes items interrupt their rotations and breaks the lock.

theres a pattern i see that stems from all the forum crying...

mod 3 and 4 people complained so much about perma AP buids and Bam... Drains were released
    then people cry about perma stealth and Bam... rings of ambush and shadowclad released..
    People cry about Perma roots and CW control and Bam.... Sandy's Pants, and Ring of the cursebringer released
    People cry about SOD and Bam... Mane of the Manticore

Now all Classes can do the things y'all Cried about

Adapt , Improvise, and Overcome
  • Options
    > @deathklaat666 said:
    > so much wahhh, ok ill agree to this....curesbringer ring does seem to proc for much longer bursts then stated, maybe tone it down. Mane of the manticore, multi procs definately need fix (2 procs for most classes 3 or 4 times on OP and SW), sandy pant fixed its cooldown ive no issues with it, , as far as stamina Drain, you say its toxic when it is easily stopped with a ward, I myself find OP or GF with perma shiled, or CW,DC,TR, HR with perma slide dodges and GWF and SW That can speed off at any moment to avoid death to be more toxic. I get Stamina Drain... as far as AP Drain...its been in the game since Malbogs, i dont use it myself but keep a ward handy for those who do .Impenatrable jungle is a feat not an Item Control resistance makes a big differenc ein the stun length, that actually holds true on all these items)ive never noticed the Thunderhead thing in person only heard of it so cant weigh in. chitters fangs has recieved a multi proc fix and a 10 sec coold down which seems fair to me no more instant melting by OP's wearing it anymore. The people who hate these items most are people using macros to string their attacks together and hard target locking , because thes items interrupt their rotations and breaks the lock.
    >
    > theres a pattern i see that stems from all the forum crying...
    >
    > mod 3 and 4 people complained so much about perma AP buids and Bam... Drains were released
    > then people cry about perma stealth and Bam... rings of ambush and shadowclad released..
    > People cry about Perma roots and CW control and Bam.... Sandy's Pants, and Ring of the cursebringer released
    > People cry about SOD and Bam... Mane of the Manticore
    >
    > Now all Classes can do the things y'all Cried about
    >
    > Adapt , Improvise, and Overcome

Too true, but the items are still bugged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User

Ring of the Curse Bringer: this item procs ridiculously often, in and out of combat; it often procs 20 or 30 seconds after having left combat, stuns you and prevents you from getting onto your mount (or dismounts you).

@nitocris83

What happened to the change that made this ring useless not too long after it was released? It was clearly broken when it released, then it was fixed and seemed to have a long cooldown, and now with mod 13 it's back to being broken again, and seemingly everyone is using it again (I salvaged mine). How did this happen?
  • Options
    > @icexnine said:
    > Ring of the Curse Bringer: this item procs ridiculously often, in and out of combat; it often procs 20 or 30 seconds after having left combat, stuns you and prevents you from getting onto your mount (or dismounts you).
    >
    > @nitocris83
    >
    > What happened to the change that made this ring useless not too long after it was released? It was clearly broken when it released, then it was fixed and seemed to have a long cooldown, and now with mod 13 it's back to being broken again, and seemingly everyone is using it again (I salvaged mine). How did this happen?

Injected code?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    icexnine said:

Ring of the Curse Bringer: this item procs ridiculously often, in and out of combat; it often procs 20 or 30 seconds after having left combat, stuns you and prevents you from getting onto your mount (or dismounts you).

@nitocris83

What happened to the change that made this ring useless not too long after it was released? It was clearly broken when it released, then it was fixed and seemed to have a long cooldown, and now with mod 13 it's back to being broken again, and seemingly everyone is using it again (I salvaged mine). How did this happen?
    Dev group A: Server is down for Maintenance.
    Dev group B: We are currently uploading and installing the Omu patch v3.9944.
    Dev group A: Very nice, so far everything going smooth, no errors or whatever.

"*!! warning !! Omu patch v3.9944. installation has encountered an unexpected error. verify that the installation source are accessible, and restart the installation. Error code: 0xE0000911*

Dev group A: No worries, we just restored everything with mod 12b backup.
    Dev group B: Cool, omu patch v3.9944 has been installed successfully now.
    Dev group A: There are some items that hasn't been overwritten properly and need to be updated with the new data.
    Dev group B: Mehhh, we will do it mod 14... no 1 will notice it anyway.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    icexnineicexnine Member Posts: 66 Arc User

> @icexnine said:

> Ring of the Curse Bringer: this item procs ridiculously often, in and out of combat; it often procs 20 or 30 seconds after having left combat, stuns you and prevents you from getting onto your mount (or dismounts you).

>

> @nitocris83

>

> What happened to the change that made this ring useless not too long after it was released? It was clearly broken when it released, then it was fixed and seemed to have a long cooldown, and now with mod 13 it's back to being broken again, and seemingly everyone is using it again (I salvaged mine). How did this happen?

Injected code?

I'm just surprised that everyone is either still wearing it even though it was fixed in 2017, or they got the memo that it's back to being broken again, never salvaged it, and slapped it back on. The ring is pure AIDS for any class that has cast times on their powers and no reliable way to be cc immune.