test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kutlass' Bloody Scale

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
OK, I got the scale from the Abomination mini-boss on the first try. I got the Mind Whisperer Scale and the Ras Nsi scales on the second or third try.

However, I am having a real problem with the Kutlass' scale. I keep making lures and do that hunt over and over and over....but it just does not drop.

How long did it take for you to get that scale ?
Hoping for improvements...

Comments

• consustesconsustes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Same here. It just won't drop for me.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    I wish I had your problems. After killing around 60 mind whisperers I got exactly ZERO kris' from them. (If this was reality, the soil in front of the temple would be 5 meters deeper now from me riding there up and down permanently.) So even if I wanted to tell you my drop experience with Kutlass' scale, I couldn't.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I've had several (more than 10) lures for Kutlass. Across 3 characters doing Omu, 0 scales.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Unless it's been fixed, scales won't drop for you if you have the chain of scales from the fane weekly in your inventory.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    hmmm...does it work if I put the chain in rhe bank while doing the hunt?

does the same apply to the other scales?..just wondering because I got the other 3 before I got the chain.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I'm wondering if this whole "have chains in inventory" business ss a red herring, since I was able to get the scale to drop on 2 characters that already had the chain of scales in inventory (one equipped to tray, the other just in bag).

Or it could be that something else is contributing to the error-state non-drops.
  • oldtimer#7525 oldtimer Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Took me about 10-12 tries before i got it and it appeared straight in my inventory out of nowhere after i picked up a ring from boss. I had my chain in tray for every kill.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Yeah, I got the Kutlass scale a while back on my main. I already had the chain (in inventory), ran Kutlass 4 times before I got it. As with others, it just appeared in inventory, I didn't even notice a notification. I don't think having the chain is a problem. I never ran the hunts with others before, so that could be a difference. If that isn't a bug here, it's probably just a low drop rate. If it's something mean-spirited like 10%, you could still be looking after dozens of kills.

I have to say, the crazy Russian nesting doll of RNG going on for a while now is not only mean-spirited, but it makes bug-hunting much more difficult.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    2 of my characters got it first time and the one from MPF first or second time, the third has done several of each and not got either.
  • consustesconsustes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    It finally dropped! I don't know if putting chain and other scales in the bank helped though. It still took a couple of days and several tries to get it.
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    I got it on my first try on two different toons and a third I am gonna be working on it now... Its just RNG thats all it is. But I have noticed being in a party + having lead increases the chances of it dropping.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    It's all right, once you get past this block, the Tyrant block awaits you.

I got it on my first try on two different toons and a third I am gonna be working on it now... Its just RNG thats all it is. But I have noticed being in a party + having lead increases the chances of it dropping.

I thought it only had a chance to drop for the person who placed the lure...is that wrong ?

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I thought it only had a chance to drop for the person who placed the lure...is that wrong ?

I've heard that as well. Finally got mine on one character tonight.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    As far as I know, it only drops for the one, who places the lure. After a few wasted tries in a group one of my friends suggested, that you might have to land the killing blow, too. We started soloing him and the scale dropped quite often. I did get, after the change in tactics, 3 scales out of 7 lures (3 characters).
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • cherryman1cherryman1 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Out of the 2 characters I have it on one took 9 attempts and another took 4 attempts. I have 2 more that have been in the party of the kill but didn't use the lure myself. If you get the lure not as the person who drops the lure I would say I am 0 for 100+ lures in this scenario as the only times I have gotten the scale is when I used the lure. I am also 0 for 2 on dropping the lure for Tyrant right now. One person in our group did the first one and they got their scale from Tyrant on the first attempt (we got our first Tyrant like the second day of Omu being live on PC). Another group member is 0 for 5 on the Tyrant Lure and gave up dropping it cause of the number of failures.
    Guild Leader: Under the Influence
    Yule (Barb): 72k : Siren (TR): 78k : Torun (DC): 73k : Siren OP (OP): 76k : Siren SW (SW): 78k : Modern (F): 80k : Cherry1 (CW) : 68k Siren HR (HR): 78k
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you to everyone on this thread who provided specifics on getting the scale. Being able to provide this type of variety in details is very helpful for reporting on community feedback :)
    The Kutlass Scale is an example of one of the main issues with this game - the RNG on top of RNG on top of....

I spent a couple of hours hunting down mind whisperers killed 12 of them - managed to get ONE drop, so one lure. Now, I placed the lure (which seems to be required - fair enough), but no scale dropped.

If it is correct that you also have to land the killing blow, it's a major design flaw, IMO, but might explain my repeated failures - I have either been in a group, or some random person has been running past and attempted to "help", but I really doubt this is the case ... it would be too stupid.

I think this is my 7th attempt....

The only reason I am bothering with the hunts is to get this stupid scale - I really hope Mod 14 will not have similar hunts which are required to basically get equipment I really want. The bottom line is that the multiple levels of RNG are making the hunts too frustrating to be fun in any way, shape or form.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Weird. I've gotten a scale on the first of each mob I've had to kill for the chain. The first in Fane is, I think, a gimmee. But the rest (and I did them out of order, too - Kutlass was last) have all popped in my inventory after my first kill of said mob.

I'm hoping that luck holds for the Tyrant....
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    My GF got his on first kill. (He was the first to try for it)
    My CW is now at 10+ solokills of Kutlass with no scale.
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    Well, I finally got it. On my 8th attempt, but the first time when I was doing it solo, and was careful not to let anyone else running past interfere (or "help") me.

I really hope it's not true that you have to do the killing blow to have a chance of the cale to drop, because if that's the case, it is just extremely unfair for the Tyrant scale.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    jonkoca said:

Unless it's been fixed, scales won't drop for you if you have the chain of scales from the fane weekly in your inventory.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. I got all of them sans the first with the scale in my inventory.
    FrozenFire
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    The one from Folly took me 40 runs >.> Kutlass took about 12 tries. I cried.
    FrozenFire