test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why is there a 5378 mystery patch today?

Answers

• Options
    rerolladdict#4259 rerolladdict Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    wlinaz said:

So the 5.4 G patch I see on the live server isn't really happening.. Got it.

According to Lukan, it's all an illusion, 5,4 Go of illusion ...

• Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    A simple mistake, likely just as simply reverted. Be patient, and we'll be back online soon.
  • Options
    ardaingealardaingeal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Never been on preview nor ever installed it and I got hit with the patch when logging in for the first time tonight.

Same with my wife's PC as well.
  • Options
    smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    just tried to log in and I also have a 5378MB patch to download... wow! good thing i have gig fiber lol
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    "If I log off and try to get back on in an hour or two, will I have to wait a THIRD time?"

Hopefully they fix this. After waiting for the 5+gig patch and playing for a bit, real life pulled me away and when I came back, the patch was there again. This time I'm just going to leave the client open
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    flippy#8481 flippy Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    patching the hole the patch made

wonder if the new patch will cause a hole that needs patching yet again too
  • Options
    nninjannoob#2956 nninjannoob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    I opened the launcher, it updated the 5GB
    I turned off the computer and opened the launcher again, and then another 5GB update, and I noticed that every time I open the launcher, it always has 5GB
    Selûne | Merlin

• Strawberry Yakuza •

• Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    why are you downloading files 2 times
  • Options
    tuberculous#5217 tuberculous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i patch an 5 gb it starts over a new 5 gb boiz what the ?????????
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    yea same here....downloading the third huge patch today. As I said earlier - at least I'm glad I have a gigabit connection.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I download 2 times I wait 2 hours I downloaded it 1 time Why does it continue again?
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,223 Arc User
    I am glad I still keep the habit that I wanted to kick. That habit is I keep the game client alive forever.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    Because they are fixing it. Until they correct it, you will encounter this. Either don't close client until its fixed, or wait til its fixed. No other options.
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    As far as I'm aware, this should already be fixed as of the time I posted. The second patch is an unfortunate, unforeseen case, that may affect players who patched the first time. After that, any additional patches of this nature should hypothetically be impossible. (Hypothetically, of course. Let us know if you still see these going forward, after finishing whatever patches start up when you next start your launcher.)
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    https://prnt.sc/j10fou

this is annoying is hell been patching for while and no gameplay for me thnx a lot.
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    terramak said:

As far as I'm aware, this should already be fixed as of the time I posted. The second patch is an unfortunate, unforeseen case, that may affect players who patched the first time. After that, any additional patches of this nature should hypothetically be impossible. (Hypothetically, of course. Let us know if you still see these going forward, after finishing whatever patches start up when you next start your launcher.)

I just logged in, bc it started the 2nd patch for me. Good way to waste my time.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    ragnarz2ragnarz2 Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    20GB patch followed by 20GB patch. Added insult of throttling it down to an excruciating pace. If you think of just the time cost to 10's of thousands of people you still wouldn't be close to valuing this unforced error.
  • Options
    slowun1slowun1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well my patch is 9499 so.....
  • Options
    time2011time2011 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    what the hell i just patched a 1.8k mb now another 2k when i wanted to play?
  • Options
    pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 480 Arc User
    I had a single 2Gb patch earlier , since then I have ran Fane on 3 toons and it seemed a hell of a lot smoother .
    Either some of the patch helped or the fact that I am in the UK and the late hours may have helped .
    Anyone else that had the patch noticed Fane being smoother . Re ran launcher but NO second patch .
  • Options
    heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    terramak said:

as usual and to nobody's surprise you guys are wrong i patched this stupid thing 4 times now and it still restart each time i try to log i tried turning on on-demand patching but it turned into 1924 mb patch instead of 5K disabled it and back to 5K now i can't do my dailies not get my VIP key or get AD or log at all into the game and obviously you guys don't seem to care to compensate us on anything and tomorrow we wonn't be able to play due to maint
    anything you can comment on what i said ?
  • Options
    nimue555nimue555 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    In 3 logins in last 5 hours I had 3 5GB patches of different sizes.
    Current patch is 5408 - is that the last one? Will this end today?
    Nimue_Aline - forum member since Dec 2007 and now I'm greeted with

Hello Captain!
    At this time, you may only post replies to threads that have already been created...*sigh*